Drilling Machine Operator Automatic Job Description Sample
Automatic Press Operator - 3Rd Shift
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Set up and operate Automatic Punch Press equipment
Identify process, material and equipment problems.
Final audit, inspection packing
Move parts by hand using a hand truck.
Complete daily production paper work including move tickets, quality log sheets and safety checks.
May operate power truck to push, pull, lift or move products, or materials.
Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined in the process notes on the press card, the applicable QMS procedures and work instructions; and suggests ways for continual improvement.
Promptly reports quality problems and shuts down the equipment if unable to resolve.
Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
Follows safety rules and regulations, participate in safety meetings and suggest ways for continual improvement.
Promptly reports personal injuries and unsafe conditions and helps to resolve them.
Understand FMPS and lean manufacturing concepts and the importance of the line status boards.
Willing and able to cross train in other departments within the Value Stream.
Perform related duties and assignments that are consistent with knowledge and training.
Operate Automatic punch press equipment.
Understand operation and function of machine.
Order dies from tool crib.
Final Audit Certified
Understand Quality criteria for parts produced.
Operate hand truck
Complete forms correctly and legibly.
Power truck license.
Ability to read and understand bills of material, routings, press cards, procedures, work instructions, safety rules and warning signs and other shop paperwork.
Perform simple math calculations.
Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with variety of employees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (The following statements describe the physical abilities required to perform the essential job functions, although exceptions may be made to these requirements based on the principle of reasonable accommodation.)
Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to forty pounds on a daily basis.
Ability to walk and move about, stoop and bend.
Ability to stand for an eight hour shift.
Ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and manual dexterity to operate machines with precision.
Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions and closely examine parts.
Normal hearing in order to detect equipment and motor malfunctions.
Ability to pull, lift and transport gaskets to and from various locations within the assigned location.
Works in areas that can be uncomfortable due to noise, odors.
Works regularly with machines where carelessness could result in cuts, bruises, burns or muscle pulls. Serious injuries can be avoided if established safety precautions are followed.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
2nd and 3rd Shift Only- 2nd Shift 3pm- 11pm & 3rd Shift 11pm- 7am
Compensation: $15.00 Per Hour
Reports to: Production Lead; Production Manager
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. These must all meet the specifications required by production instructions (PI). Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately according to specifications and in a timely manner. Operates a computer and barcode scanner.
Operate and tend equipment or machinery to perform product assembly or fabrication
Summary of essential job functions
Operate manual and/or automatic machines, operate computers and barcode scanners. This position includes the following functions:
Hose cutting: Full cutting instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-008-0.
Pressure testing –Full pressure testing instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-013-0
Crimper – Entry Level – Full crimping instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-011-0
Meeting or exceeding all team production goals on a consistent basis.
Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and management be notified immediately. .
Wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Performing general cleanup and maintenance of your work area.
Minimum requirements and prerequisites
All- High school diploma or equivalent; company indoctrination including machine operation and safety instruction.
Be able to stand for extended periods; be able to hear and understand warning tones and verbal commands; have basic computer skills; be able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted; be able to read and understand production instructions; be able to measure accurately using steel scales and angle meters. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed. All personnel must be available for overtime work according to the business needs of the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Machine Operator / Process Technician
Prominent, growing New Berlin, Wisconsin manufacturing company is offering career growth opportunities for plastics industry blow molding or injection molding candidates, OR, candidates in other industries who have had strong experience running complex automated or semi-automated production machinery to learn their business.
$15-$22/hour, 12 hr. shiftsas Machine Technician I, or Machine Technician II (depending upon prior experience).
Direct Hire positions are on day or night rotational shifts. The Machine Technician / Operator ensures efficient operation of complex automated or semi-automated blow molding or injection molding production line machinery. Positions are also available for candidates with strong process knowledge and skills operating complex automated or semi-automated production machinery in other industries. There are three technical career path levels to progress in as a Machine Technician with this organization.As your skilled recruiter, please review the job description requirements and if interested in these opportunities complete the application and your cover letter and resume will receive immediate attention. Sorry, relocation assistance is not available for these positions. Kristine Schoolcraft, Talent Acquisition Manager at
Parallel Employment Group
- Operate assigned Rocheleau blow molding (Mat.Tech.I), Bekum, Kautex blow molding (Mat.Tech.II), or Toshiba Injection Molding (Mat.Tech.I) production line equipment to maximize High 5 Operational Metrics: Efficiency, Quality, Safety, Engagement and Resin Loss.
- Independently perform machine adjustments within allowable parameters, perform routine machine maintenance tasks and minor repairs on all production equipment, including molders and peripheral quality equipment on assigned lines.
- Identify and recommend improvements and support all company continuous improvements activities. Work with plant leadership, set up and maintenance to implement improvements. Sustain 6S program in the production cells, supporting team members and reporting repeat variation to leadership.
- Ensure adherence to customer specifications and accurately document all records related to downtime, production, scrap, repairs, process deviation, etc.
- Act as a mentor and technical resource for other team members and new members learning technical functions.
- Assist in identifying non-conforming product and re-work of non-conforming product as necessary.
- Work safely, following all safety policies and proactively participating in the safe work of others and the safety of the overall environment.
- Perform other miscellaneous support work to enable the team to be successful and as requested by plant leadership. Assist in the duties of other team members, including helping to cover break times, etc.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods, lift or carry parts, material and product of up to 30 pounds. Must be able to grasp, pinch, reach, finger, pick, or otherwise work with fingers, hands and arms for regular tasks. Must laugh at jokes and enjoy attempts at humor from other team members, no matter how feeble.
Must be able to wear eye and hearing protection and operate effectively in temperatures ranging from 60 to 110 F.
Must climb steps, maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling, have good hand/eye coordination, stoop, and bend. Must be capable of visually detecting defects, depth, colors, variances, and see objects as real.
Minimal local travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
High School diploma or equivalent required with advanced technical certificate or formal education preferred. At least 2 years of technical processing, maintenance or troubleshooting experience, preferably in a continuous process manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated Mechanical aptitude and learning agility in regards to technical matters.
- Exhibit excellent decision making skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated capability in basic math and measurement.
- Ability to follow guidelines independently and work as part of a cohesive production team.
- Familiarity with basic business computer applications and mobile device applications.
- Must be able to provide own basic set of tools
Paid Holidays: After 60 days, full time Members receive 8 hours holiday pay for 9 recognized company holidays each year, plus one additional discretionary floating holiday. Members scheduled and working the holidays are also paid double time for the hours worked!
Paid Vacation: Operations team Members receive a vacation pay check on their anniversary date with unpaid vacation days according to the schedule below. Members choose to either schedule days off or work their schedule and get paid. After 1 Year of Service: 2% of previous year’s gross earnings with 7 optional unpaid days off. After 2 Years of Service: 4% of previous year’s gross earnings with 14 optional unpaid days off. After 7 Years of Service: 6% of previous year’s gross earnings with 21 optional unpaid days off. After 14 Years of Service: 8% of previous year’s gross earnings with 28 optional unpaid days off.
Life Insurance: Effective the 90th day of membership, the Company will pay for a Life Insurance policy for you equal to two (2) times your annual salary up to $100,000. Additional voluntary Life Insurance and Accident insurance can be purchased for member, spouse and/or children.
Disability Benefits: Effective the 90th day of membership, Short Term and Long Term disability benefits are paid by the company for you to help protect your income in the event of illness or injury.
401(K) Retirement Match: the company helps plan for long term prosperity by automatically enrolling members in our retirement savings plan on the first day of the month after 90 days of service. The Company matches 50% of contributions on up to 4% of earnings. This match vests gradually over a 6 year period.
Dental Insurance: Eligible on the 90th day, Members can pay $5.68 for single premium or $12.92 for family coverage each bi-weekly pay period.
Vision Insurance: Eligible on the 90th day, routine Vision exams are covered each year. The cost for single premium is $2.78 bi-weekly and $8.32 bi-weekly for family coverage.
Comprehensive Medical Plan: Eligible on the 90th day, Members can choose from two comprehensive medical plans based on individual or family needs. Preventative Care Benefits in both plans include immunizations, routine physical exams and tests paid at 100% in network. To help you plan for medical expenses, the company will match the first $150 you put into our Health FSA or HSA plan.And BEST OF ALL, you are part of a community-based organization who celebrates their Members and teams accomplishments with bonus programs, recognition, contests and Member events!
Car Washer - Automatic Car Wash Operator - Infiniti Of Sarasota
Car Washer - Automatic Car Wash Operator needed to join our elite team at Infiniti of Sarasota!
We have a brand new, state-of-the-art building with modern equipment on Clark Road. We need dependable, hard-working people with high standards to help us continue to provide an elite level of service. Steady work is available as well as an opportunity for advancement for an individual with a strong work ethic. Starting pay of $11-13 an hour. This is a full-time position with full benefits.
Please apply in person to Mike P at Infiniti of Sarasota, 4950 Clark Road.
Car Washer Duties
This key position is responsible to ensure Infiniti clients receive their vehicles in pristine condition. Duties include:
Drive customer service vehicles, new cars, and loaner cars through automatic wash bays.
Dry and vacuum all vehicles.
Perform minor detail work, i.e. clean windshields, vacuum interior, scrub rims, etc.
Refill soaps and other chemicals, following guidelines
Other duties as assigned
Car Washer Requirements
Dependability is a must!
Ability and willingness to perform fast-paced, physically demanding work all day.
Candidates must have a valid driver's license and verifiable work history.
Must pass background and drug screen.
Sunset Automotive Group Benefits
401(k) Retirement Plan
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
Flexible Spending Accounts
2 Weeks Paid Time Off after one year
If you are looking for a place to work where you will have opportunities for growth and be appreciated, this might be the place for you! Enjoy your job and the people you work with at Sunset Automotive Group!
Machine Operator 2Nd Shift
Join The Gund Company, where you will find friends who will support you and challenge you to crush goals that provide amazing growth opportunities. We are in the business of electrical insulation manufacturing, but we really pride ourselves in just being a group of fun, driven, problem solvers who LOVE what we do.
At this 3rd generation, family-owned business, youll be part of a team, that is not only talented, but also possess the qualities that we value, including: a team player mentality, strong work ethic, and impeccable character. We need a self-starter with a positive attitude and competitive spirit.
The Gund Company: Take Care of Each Other, Take Care of the Customer and Take Care of the Business
What you'll do
Implement the Production Fulfillment Process steps related to the fabrication of parts according to work order and customer requirements using various fabrication equipment.
Essential Job Functions
Operate and set up various fabrication equipment: Radial Arm Saw, Drill Press, Tumbler
Manufacture parts according to customer orders per instructions written on Work Orders and blue prints
Complete work order paperwork
Perform in-process inspection according to standard procedures
Maintain count and perform packaging duties as required
Participate in cross training to become knowledgeable of equipment/process within the department
Perform routine daily machine maintenance including cleaning up and lubrication
Maintain a clean and organized work area
Provide guidance, feedback and positive behavior modeling The Gund Company culture of care:
Determine if tools are undamaged and in safe condition for use
Make suggestions to improve production and order processing efficiency
Assist with training other team members
Follow safety rules and quality standards
Model ethical and moral behavior consistent with the values and ideals supported by The Gund Company
Qualifications and Competencies
Perform work independently with minimal defects
Communicate with supervisor on work order priority
Open to change due to emergency orders or fabrication of parts
Very good math skills
Ability to understand drawing and blue prints
Ability to use basic measuring instruments
Excellent problem solving skills
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Must be able to work overtime as needed
Education and Experience
- A High School Diploma or GED with prior hands on, vocational or job-related course work/training, or any similar combination of education and experience is required. Prior experience in a manufacturing industry is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is may be required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is typical of most shop environments; not climate controlled and subject to outdoor weather conditions. Team members are exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting.
Frequent exposure to fumes/dust particles; may require use of respirators or other types of PPE.
May come in contact with toxic or caustic chemicals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
CNC Machine Operator
CNC Machine Operator
Apply now "
Date: Nov 9, 2018
Location:Salisbury, MD, US, 21801
Company: Dover Corporation
Connecting and Protecting People, Microwave Products Group (MPG) is a leading global provider of mission-critical engineered electronic components and subsystems comprised of four business units in five manufacturing locations. Our brand names are recognized globally including: BSC Filters, York, UK; Dow-Key Microwave, Ventura, CA; K&L Microwave, Salisbury, Maryland and Dominican Republic and Pole/Zero, West Chester, OH.
Our expertise is the design and manufacture of communications-based specialty products – engineered components and subsystems – for demanding military, space, commercial aerospace/industrial, and telecom infrastructure applications where function and reliability are crucial.
CNC machinists work with computer numeric controlled (CNC) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal. CNC machinists make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the cut, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product. CNC machinists make sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output.
Using measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers and depth micrometers the operator will perform detailed inspection of parts and pieces, ensuring the product meets production guidelines. CNC machine operators report quality-control problems such as defects in raw material and finished products, suggesting changes and adjustments to both the raw materials and machine, while maintaining a clean workspace and wash or polish finished products when needed.
Specific duties included but not limited to:
Figure machine offset positions - through the use of Edge Finders/Mathematical equation
Sets tooling & Loads in machines
Downloads program into machines (G-code, Mazak)
Proves program through 1st piece approval
Completes inspection data sheet
Deburrs parts through the use of deburring tools and equipment
Manual equipment experience to include, but not limited to, drill press, manual milling machines, manual lathes, manual surface grinders
CNC machinists can gain skills through vocational schools, technical colleges or community college programs, or apprenticeships. Typically, it takes 4-5 years of combined education and on-the-job training to become fully trained. To excel, machinists need many years of experience and must show aptitude for math, problem-solving and computer skills.
Good math skills will help CNC machinists understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
Problem Solving Skills:
CNC machinists will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
Attention to Detail: CNC machinists will work with precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
Mechanical and Technical Skills:
Machines controlled by computers will need operators who understand CAD/CAM technology.
Stamina: CNC machinists often work long hours doing repetitive movements.
Described here are characteristics representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Require repetitive use of hands and fingers
Work may require some walking, standing, carrying (up to 50 lbs.) and recurring reaching or similar activities.
Ability to adjust the eye through the use of appropriate tools to bring objects into sharp focus.
Characteristics described here are representative of those an incumbent will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of a manufacturing environment.
Personal protective equipment provided and must be worn in designated areas working with tools with hot temperatures.
Work area is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Maryland : Salisbury
Sub Division : K&L Microwave, Inc.
Job Requisition ID : 24524
Technical Machine Operator
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Royal is growing and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference!
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow operator instructions
- Basic troubleshooting responsibilities
- Through training…
- Performing setup work on injection molding machines. This includes cleaning of molding machines and associated equipment, fine-tuning and adjustment of machines according to part being produced and color changes.
- Setting up auxiliary equipment during changeovers. This includes air tools, date stamps, conveyors, etc.
- Cleaning hoppers and grinder, purging old material
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
Machine Set Up / Operator (Injection Molding) / Maintenance
Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
Test operation of machines periodically
Fix issues that might occur during the shift
Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
Maintain activity logs
Proven experience as a machine operator
Mechanical ability, light maintenance
Injection molding is a plus
Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
Understanding of production procedures
Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
Attention to detail
Teamwork and communication skills
Physical stamina and strength
High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
PRIMARY JOB CATEGORY Manufacturing / Industrial
SECONDARY JOB CATEGORIES
JOB SKILLS Machine Operator
Temp to Perm or Full Time Direct Hire
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!