Driver Sales Route Job Description Sample
Route Sales Driver - Class A CDL
The Omaha Division of Hiland Dairy Foods Company, L.L.C. is seeking an experienced, motivated peddle route driver to service existing customers in the Omaha, Nebraska and surrounding area. The successful applicant will be responsible for serving the dairy needs of our customers on an assigned route in accordance with the service levels provided to each customer. Adherence to company, customer and regulatory rules and requirements is paramount.
- Ensure route proper customer service interactions are professional and courteous.
- Maintain proper inventory levels and rotate products.
- Ensure that the all required paper work is filled out correctly and maintained; including hand-helds, D.O.T. books, build - to plans, etc.
- Ensure of proper route accountability.
- Ensure the required stocking, facing per company and customer standards.
- Department of Transportation rules and regulations are followed.
- Ensure of proper case and cart accountability.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- Must be able to physically perform the job. Requires the ability to lift of items weighing approximately 50 pounds, to push and pull stacks of milk products weighing up to 250 pounds and carts of milk weighing 1000 pounds.
- Possess a CDL class A license with ability to pass the D.O.T. physical and drug screen and an acceptable MVR.
- Ability to complete all required paperwork on computer system (hand held).
Must have high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
Hiland Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer /AA/ Vet / Disabled
Route Sales Driver In Training
Do you take an old school approach to work, you know: do what you need to do to take care of the customer and get the job done ~ no matter what… Are you looking for a career and not just the next job? We’re interested in learning about how much you care about your customers so that we can talk about an exciting career as a Route Sales Driver in Training or as we call them Mobile Shoe Managers in training. Celebrating over 35 years in business, we develop and implement safety footwear programs for industrial, government, and service organizations. We are committed to providing exceptional service, quality products and the latest technologies to our valued customers. We are currently looking for dynamic individuals who understand customer service and take personal satisfaction in making someone’s day a little better. MSMs are scheduled to meet our customers at their locations to personally help each customer select the BEST shoe for them. You’ll have a DIRECT impact on their personal safety every day they work and can make a true difference in their comfort!
You can learn more about our shoe trucks here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KREc5x4xljU
Are you our next Customer Service Hero?
- Operate a commercial motor vehicle with all Federal, State and local traffic laws and regulations. CDL licenses NOT required
- Stock and maintain inventory levels on mobile store in accordance with upcoming customer appointments
- Communicate with Sales Manager and Account Contacts to ensure outstanding customer service on account before, during and after appointment
- Set up “store" upon arrival at customer site including, but not limited to, appropriate parking, electric connections and safety features for “opening" store
- Personally, greet customers upon arrival; assist the customer to select an appropriate shoe from customer selection.
- Conclude sale by processing sales receipt, collecting payment if needed, and secures signatures for processing of credit cards.
- Assist customers with exchanges and/or returns according to Company and customer policy.
- Assist with physical inventory and shipping/receiving in warehouse location as needed.
- Selling and customer service represents 75% of the job (once completely trained)
- Must enjoy selling and be customer service focused.
- Salary plus commission and expenses (anticipated first-year income is in excess of $42,000); our benefits package are worth in excess of $6,000.
- Must be able to drive a 26-foot box truck.
- Overnight travel required depending upon your location, on average 2-3 nights per week, motel and meals paid
- Must have a valid, current driver’s license; CDL license is NOT required but MUST be able to pass a DOT physical/drug screen
- A background check will be performed for driver’s record and personal record.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is helpful.
Celebrating over 30 years in business, we develop and implement safety footwear programs for large industrial, government, and service organizations. We are devoted to providing exceptional service, quality products and the latest technologies to improve each customer's experience with our product. Are YOU devoted to EXCEPTIONAL customer service? Do you enjoy working enthusiastically as part of a team environment?
We have an excellent opportunity available for an individual that thrives on customer satisfaction and is able to work independently of supervision. This is a full-time opportunity (with company paid benefits) working in a warehouse environment using the computer for recordkeeping.
This is a Monday through Friday position with occasional Saturdays (for business needs). The ideal candidate has a great work ethic, pays close attention to detail and can keep track of multiple priorities. Candidates must have the flexibility to work until at least 6pm daily. To be considered, you must have prior warehouse experience, be able to lift up to 50 lbs, be familiar with computers and have a steady work history with strong professional references.
Route Sales Class B CDL Driver
Drives truck over established route to deliver and sell products or render services, collects money from customers, and makes change by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Drives truck to deliver milk or ice cream products to customer's place of business.
Collects money from customers, makes change if needed, and records transactions on customer receipts.
Keeps stock on truck rotated properly by date.
Reports all store openings, closings, and name changes.
Records sales or delivery information on daily sales or delivery report.
Listens to and resolves service complaints. Places stock on shelves or racks. Rotates stock as needed by date.
Collects or picks up empty cases or rejected or unsold merchandise.
Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
Cleans inside and outside of truck. Plugs refrigeration unit into outlet on dairy grounds when day is completed.
Performs all duties in a safe way. Makes routine daily safety check of vehicle.
Reports all vehicle collisions or incidents to supervisor, immediately.
Must follow all customer plan-o-grams.
Assists with special projects, as necessary.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School or GED diploma. One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as price changes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to treat customers courteously and responsively.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Class A or B CDL, DOT 1 year Medical Certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift a minimum of 25 pounds lift and/or move 100 pounds up to 1850 pounds with a floor jack lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The visual requirements are needed in order to be D.O.T. qualified to drive.
WORK ENVIRONMENT. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Route Driver & Vending Sales
We are seeking a Route Driver & Vending Sales to join our team! You will drive to deliver and sell vending products in one of our trucks.
- Guaranteed $400 Weekly Minimum Pay ($600+ depending on performance)
- Yearly Bonus paid Annually
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off (after probationary period)
- On-the-Job Training Provided
- Company Provided Vehicle and Handheld Device for Routes
- No Lead Generation, Routes are Assigned Daily
- Fun and Dynamic Outdoor Work Environment
- Freedom to Self Supervise Your Time and Work Independently
- Standard Mon- Fri Work Week- No Weekends
- Advancement Opportunities for
- Deliver products to customer locations in a timely manner
- Determine orders, fill machines.
- Communicate with clients face to face to sell product
- Inspect and monitor delivery times and routes
- Maintain accurate inventory of packages and materials
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record are required
- Experience in delivery driving, sales or customer service is a plus
- Ability work independently with little supervision
- Deadline and detail-oriented
For immediate consideration, please Apply Now to be contacted.
Columbia Snacks is a locally owned and operated full line vending service. We provide snack, cold beverage, cold food, and coffee vending solutions to the greater Columbia and surrounding areas.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality vending service to meet the individual needs of each and every customer. We service customers of all types and sizes. We provide only the highest quality products from all the major manufacturers and use the newest technology and equipment. With over 50 years of experience we provide the best vending service and it all starts with employing the best people!
Route Sales Driver
ROUTE SALES ALLEGAN-PLAINWELL-KALAMAZOO NORTH
Express Employment Professionals is seeking a route sales driver for a national manufacturer of snack foods. The company is offering a weekly salary plus commission, company box truck and all expenses.
This Michigan manufacturer uses all Michigan grown ingredients in their snacks. They have contracts with all the major grocery chains throughout West Michigan including: Meijer, Walmart, Walgreens, Kroger, Family Fare, as well as all the major gas station and convenience store chains and independents along the lakeshore.
This position will require someone with good people skills, self-motivation, and drive. Your day will consist of stocking your company provided box truck/or van from your company provided storage unit and delivering to existing clients throughout your territory. The route is establish with an average weekly sales of $4500. At each location, you will meet the decision maker of the snack food area, fill the shelves according to a schematic, sell additional units for displays, put up point of purchase materials and schedule the next delivery. You will start your day early to cover your sales route and work until your daily route is complete. The company will train you and provide you daily routes. You can grow business in this territory and will receive commission in addition to your weekly salary for sales over the weekly average.
- Weekly salary of $700 paid every Friday
- Weekly commission on net sales
- Company provided box truck or van with full gasoline reimburse and repair expenses
- Company provided storage unit or warehouse
- $100 a day paid for 7 holidays
- 5 paid vacation days after 6 months and an additional
- Must have a positive, do whatever it takes attitude
- Experience in route sales is very helpful; for example, if you driven for Aunt Millies, Pepperidge Farm, 7up, Frito Lay
- Good references from past employers
- Chauffer's license with ability to drive a box truck
- Current DOT card
- Excellent people skills
- Good driving record
HOW TO APPLY
www.expressproslakeshore.com with resume and contact information
WHY EXPRESS EMPLOYMENT PROFESSIONALS?
At Express Employment Professionals of Allegan County our goal is to find you a job that suits your needs and experience. We specialize in matching great people to great long-term, permanent, hire-in opportunities every day!
In addition, we offer
The best part is that there is NEVER a fee for our services.
Not quite the job you're looking for? We are always looking for quality candidates for Machine Operation, Quality Inspection, Assembly, Material Handling, Hi-lo and Forklift Operation, Production, Welding, CNC Machinists. We have Skilled Labor and General Labor opportunities in Manufacturing and Distribution. We also have Clerical and Administrative Office opportunities such as Customer Service, Data Entry, Sales and Accounting. Go to our website at www.expressproslakeshore.com to see our other job opportunities.
Vending Route Sales Driver
Location of Position: Rainsville, AL
Do you like to start your day early in the morning? Tired of being closed inside and working between 4 walls? Delivering Food, Snacks, and Drink Products to established routes will keep you on the road working independently without someone looking over your shoulder. Do you like being responsible for accomplishing tasks and providing excellent customer service? If you are interested in a position that requires keeping a fast pace and do not mind maintaining more than 8 hours a day, then this is the perfect spot for you. We provide everything you need, including a company vehicle.
· Greets customers with a cheerful and helpful manner.
· Maintains a professional appearance.
· Ensures food is merchandised attractively and rotated timely to ensure fresh products are available by adequately stocking vending machines.
· Follows appropriate food handling, safety, and sanitation standards.
· Maintains & cleans display equipment, break room counters, cleans up debris and stocks condiments appropriately.
· Accurately records inventory and provides sales receipts.
· Uses math skills to submit accurate reports.
Minimum: Drive a 20 ft Box truck, Straight Shift or Automatic. Good Motor Vehicle Report.
Pass a Department of Transportation Physical, At least 21 years Old.
Must have a regular driver's license with an F Endorsement
Preferred: 6 months route, vending, sales, delivery experience.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Physical: Ability to work in weather conditions, (Hot, Cold, Rain) Lift 35+ pounds on a repetitive basis along with reaching, bending, stooping frequently.
We offer a great benefits package which includes: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life & AD&D, Critical Illness, Short & Long Term Disability, 401(k), paid vacations and holidays.
Position Pay Range: $11 per hour
The position will be on 1st shift working approx. 40+ hours weekly.
Apply On Line: www.fivestar-food.com
-Click on the Careers tab
-Select Rainsville, AL as the location
A Pre-employment Background Check & Pre-employment Drug Screen are required before employment. Additional testing will be administered.
Five Star Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, or disability.
Bring your talents and skills to work with us!
We appreciate your interest in Five Star Food Service.
Route Sales Representative - Service- Driver
We are seeking a Route Sales Representative to come be a part of our team! You will be primarily responsible for making deliveries, answering product inquiries, and selling company materials to clients.
- Drives a company-owned truck to deliver uniforms, mats, linen and facilities products to customer’s place of business on established route.
- Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer invoice.
- Obtains customer signature on invoices for pickup or delivery.
- Picks up soiled uniforms, mats, and linen.
- Loads/unloads truck.
- Attends training and service department meetings.
- Develops and maintains the customer's goodwill by providing assistance to the customer, demonstrating an interest in the customer, devoting time to the customer and practicing courtesy towards the customer at all times.
- Conduct business in a professional manner to minimize or eliminate customer complaints. Handles the complaints and questions in the same manner as stated, making sure that the supervisor is kept informed and able to assist, if necessary.
- Informs regular customers of new products or services.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints. Maintains inventory and follows company’s policies on inventory control.
- Maintains a professional appearance in compliance with the company’s standards
- Have or obtain chauffeurs driver's license
- Positive and friendly demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to promote and sell product/services
- Be able to bend, stoop, lift and push repetitively
- Must be able to pass DOT physical and maintain physical card
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Become a part of a well-established and stable company
We look forward to hearing from you!
Maurer's is a family owned business that specializes in uniform, linen, and floor mat rental services.
Our mission is to help businesses stay clean by providing image-enhancing uniforms, linens, and floor mats.
Since 1969, we have made it our goal to do the job right the first time and to recognize and solve problems to ensure quality service. We believe that if we can establish a relationship based on communication and trust, you will be a loyal customer for life.
At Maurer's, we value communication, humility and trust, which guide the way our company operates. We are big enough to meet your needs and small enough to provide dedicated service.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Maurer's is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sales Route Driver
Experienced Route salesman position needed for establishing new accounts for company and also handling a route of customers. You will be distributing a full line of hispanic products. Customer base consist of, liquor stores, convenience and grocery stores, restaurants . Must be willing to work long hours and drive distances. Driving record must be perfect. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and load a 16 ft box truck approx. 5-6 days a week. Must be highly organized, good communication skills, self -motivated and be able to work independently each day.
Top driver can make great money depending on sales. Must be customer service oriented and possess strong sales skills. Weekly and daily accountability for work performed. Prefer WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTING (ROUTE SALES) EXPERIENCE.
Successful candidates will be drug free, reliable and clean cut with clean criminal record.
*Gives weekly progress reports on customers gained, lost or potential.
*Must know all major customers, owners, district supervisors, store managers, grocery managers, receivers, department managers and buyers.
*Must ensure that all handheld equipment is used to the fullest.
*Must ensure all products are properly rotated in store.
*Must dress appropriately according to task to be done.
- 2-5 years of experience in sales.
- Computer literate.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
Route Sales Delivery Driver
Manage a route of several hundred customers.
Insure the growth of both revenue and numbers of customers.
Provide exemplary customer service.
Complete service calls, resolving customer problems or complaints.
Use PC to manage customers transactions, balance all route activates, follow daily and am/pm procedures, and maintain customer customer data.
Route Sales And Service Driver - Fresno,Ca
Position Description: For more information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-), Monday -
Friday 7:00am- 7:00pm CST. Please have this 5 digit job ID ready.
Our Route Sales and Service Drivers service customer locations such as garages, automotive dealerships, quick change oil companies, fleet maintenance facilities, bus companies, etc. and will provide onsite service for parts washer machines.
- May operate a Class B Tanker Truck or a Box Truck
- Switch out 15 & 30 gallon drums of parts cleaning solvent;
- Pick up 55 gallon containers of various fluids and oil filters;
- Up-sell at existing customer locations and generate new leads in the field.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Class B CDL required
- Hazmat endorsement required
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and travel overnight as needed
- Ability to use a mobile hand held computer
We have more than 4,300 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Together, we are building on almost half a century of innovation by developing new products and services to serve the changing needs of our thousands of customers across a broad range of industries and markets, from local auto shops to major corporations and government agencies. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive annual salary plus commission
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training
To learn more about our company visit us at
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!