Driving Instructor Job Description Sample
Sunrise Driving school is looking for driving instructors to join our team! We will train the right person for this position Streamwood,IL is our main headquarters, but you would be working in your local area as much as possible with vehicle options to be discussed while in training, flexibility will be needed.
- Your primary task as a driving instructor is to demonstrate how to safely and correctly operate a motor vehicle.
- Experience in training others and or a background in professional driving
- Students ages will range from teen's to young adults to the elderly
- Ability to comprehend training and implement according to Sunrise programs
- Must be able to be trained and comprehend our programs in order to efficiently train and instruct others
Vocational Driving Instructor - CDL Class B
The National Center on Institutions and Alternatives (NCIA) is currently seeking a Part -Time Class (B) CDL Instructor to lead individuals and groups at appropriate developmental levels while establishing and maintaining a safe physical environment conducive to learning. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the following;
Maintain accurate student attendance and progress records.
Maintain classroom in a neat and orderly manner.
Assure that effective teaching concepts are utilized.
Coordinate and plan for daily instruction, insuring proper utilization of equipment and students.
Present instruction in a professional, timely and accurate manner consistent with Truck Driver Training policies and procedures.
Assure that effective teaching concepts are utilized. Be prepared to instruct, supervise and monitor student actions in all phases of training and insure students’ compliance with program policy.
Ensure all instructional materials are appropriate for the driving program.
Evaluate students daily, make formal evaluations on a regular schedule by utilizing appropriate academic and skills tests.
Must meet all state and federal driver qualifications.
Demonstrate the ability to manage learning within the environment of tractor-trailer operation, communicate concepts, apply concepts in actual task performance, and work with students to develop skill and ability in performing manipulative tasks.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school or equivalent
Meet the minimum age of 21 years old
Must have a valid CDL Class B license
Passed a CDL training course approved by Maryland Department of Motor Vehicles
Have prior experience as a CDL driver (both local and on the road)
Complete a drug and background check
Minimum of 5 years instructing experience
Have good communication skills
Must be able to work independently
NCIA is an equal opportunity employer committed to the letter and spirit of the law.
Class-A Commercial Driving Instructor
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CLASS-A CDL Instructors We are looking for CDL Instructors who wants to work for a well run, family owned business who are dedicated to their employees and customers. The position is for delivering quality training to students to prepare them for the CDL Test.
About Us: Smith & Solomon Driver Training is a family run business that has been in the transportation industry since the 1980's. Today, it is a mid sized business that is dedicated to providing the highest level of service to it's employees and customers. We provide stability, security and will give you
Driving Education Instructor
AAA East Central has an excellent opportunity for an individual who understands the meaning of "Providing Legendary Customer Service" and is committed to creating "Members for Life". We have an immediate need for an On Call Part Time Driver Training Instructor in the Marietta, OH area who will teach behind the wheel driver training and conduct classroom training to new drivers. Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Compensation: $11.45 to 13.25/hour (based on experience)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teaches behind the wheel driver training and conducts classroom training to novice or beginning drivers, of all ages. Must conduct the lessons in an efficient and timely manner.
• Provides courteous, efficient and helpful service, to members and non-members.
• Conducts each lesson with all concern for DRIVING SAFELY.
• Communicates to the student, parent and/or guardian, appropriate information to create an understanding, along with recommendations for future driving practices.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must pass extensive background checks and a hair follicle drug screen
• Traffic Safety, Law Enforcement, or Teaching background is preferred
• High school diploma is required
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE HIGHLIGHT, COPY, AND PASTE THE LINK BELOW: (this will take you to AAA's online recruiting site)
“Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CDL Driving Instructor
Commercial driver's license, or CDL, instructors have the awesome responsibility of teaching other truck drivers how to handle and operate big rig vehicles.
We are seeking Full-time and Part-time (weekend) instructors for both locations
- Delaware County Community College- Media, PA
- Lehigh Carbon Community College- Schnecksville, PA
- 3 years Commercial Driving Class "A" Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
*If a CDL instructor is unqualified, it jeopardizes the safety of truck drivers and the general public traveling the highways with these truckers so please be sure you meet all qualifications before applying
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Benefit Plan including Healthcare / Dental
- Career Progression
Send Resume or Work History Summary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Class A Local Driving Instructor - Hourly Pay
CLASS A DRIVER INSTRUCTOR – HOURLY PAY – LOCAL - BONUS MONTHLY
- CALL ANYTIME @ 603-731-1838
- HIRING LOCAL CDL INSTRUCTORS:
- Teach, Evaluate, Educate and Show Them the Ropes for students to achieve a Class A License
- Looking for the best to train our up and coming drivers
- Need Elite Trainers to Instruct next generation of drivers
- Class Room Environment
- Teach students how to drive safely
- Show proper equipment maintenance
- Instruct how to shift, back and drive
- Teach D.O.T. requirements
- Motivate students to succeed
PAY & SHIFT:
- HOME EVERY NIGHT
- REGULAR WORK HOURS
- Monday to Friday (Some Saturdays)
- Paid Time Off
- $15 Hour + $462.00 Monthly Bonus Potential + Average 48 to 55 hours weekly
- 24 Months Class A Driving Experience Required
- Good communication skills
- Passion to help others succeed
- Live within 50 miles of Atlanta, GA
CALL ANYTIME @ 603-731-1838
You will work with a single point of contact from your first call all the way through the hiring process. We are a team of recruiters made up of 50 plus years of various industry experiences from being a CDL Driver to Leading one of the Most Outstanding National Class A Recruiting Firms in the Country. Whether You Looking for A Regional, Local or OTR Class A Driving Job, We Offer it all, Consistent & Dedicated Miles, Competitive Pay and the Guaranteed Home Time You Deserve!!!!
So, What are you waiting for, let us help you take that NEXT STEP in finding the RIGHT JOB that will LEAD to a LASTING CLASS A DRIVING POSITION!!! Please Contact Us Today to Get Started Right Away!
Experienced behind the wheel instructor needed for drivers education program. Part time on Sundays. Weekday times are also available. Must be certified by the State of Georgia to teach drivers ed. Pay is $25.00 per hour of instruction. Lessons are an hour to 1.5 hours in length. Professional appearance required. Must be a motivated instructor.
CDL Driving Instructor
This is highly responsible position performing a wide variety of functions for SWTDT. Work is performed under the general direction
of the campus Training Department Manager. Position requires schedule, confidentiality and dress code adherence. This position requires
an employee or prospective employee grant permission to do a background check.
Examples of Key Duties: (Not inclusive and may vary with individual assignment.)
1. Prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
2. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
3. Prepare classroom and range for class activities
4. Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
5. Use relevant technology to support instruction
6. Observe and evaluate student's performance and development
7. Provide appropriate feedback on work
8. Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
9. Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development
10. Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, policies and school regulations
11. Prepare required reports on students and activities
12. Manage student behavior in the classroom and on the range by enforcing rules and procedures
13. Maintain daily attendance sheet
14. Perform certain pastoral duties including but not limited to student support, counseling students with academic problems and
providing student encouragement
15. Communicate necessary information regularly to students and colleagues regarding student progress and student needs
16. Keep up to date with developments in subject area
17. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED, CDL equivalent and three years within or related to the area of assignment. Experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Person(s) hired into this class may be required to either possess at entry or obtain within specified time limits designated licenses, professional registration, certification or specialized education and training relevant to the area of assignment. Must possess and maintain a valid class A CDL and a satisfactory driving record.
Veteran a plus. Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus. College graduate a plus.
This is highly responsible position performing a wide variety of training functions for SWTDT training services. An employee allocated to this class of work is responsible for the leadership and the direction of the training functions. Areas include equipment, instructors, third party records, counseling and advisement of students. Work is performed with considerable independence under the general direction of the campus Director. Position requires schedule, confidentiality and dress code adherence. This position requires an employee or prospective employee grant permission to do a background check. Other basic requirements;
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years within the last 7 years experience driving a tractor trailer with a valid CDL A license or an equivalent combination of education and experience .
- Must Posses mobility to work in a standard office setting
- Must know how to use standard office equipment
Viva Driving School, Inc. is hiring driving instructors!!! We have been so busy recently and hope to meet the need for our services in West Los Angeles area in the coming months. Viva is proud to say that we are by far the most popular choice by parents and adults of all ages in the areas we service. We teach all students how to drive in a safe and defensive manner. We will provide you with a Viva car, insurance and other necessities. Also, you will be treated as a W-2 employee, not a 1099 independent contractor. We value your contribution to our team and consider you a part of our family. You will be required to take a Driving Instructor written test at the DMV after training with us is completed. Our MAIN OFFICE is in Pasadena, CA and all training will be done here.
Must be a West LA Resident due to traffic. Being a resident of West LA will benefit both the employee and the company
Must have your Driver License a minimum of *10 years* with a spotless driving record and a professional appearance
Available to teach a minimum of 25 flexible hours, 4-6 days a week (7 am to 7 pm)
-----------> including weekends.
Speak FLUENT English and have great communication skills. (Bilingual a PLUS!)
HS Diploma or GED certificate to qualify.
Must have a valid social security card.
Will undergo a national finger-print scan, background check, health physical and drug testing as required by the DMV
Must have home internet access, basic computer abilities, reliable transportation, and a cell phone.
FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED. All applicants will be considered.
Licensed Driving Instructor
Do you have talent ..... Come connect the dots with us!
Capabilities connects the dots between the person and their future. As Ohio’s largest private provider of career rehabilitation, we provide flexible, personalized community employment services for people with disabilities. Started in 1997, today over 125 Capabilities employees proudly serve people in over half of Ohio.The Dayton team is looking for a Licensed Driver Instructor who displays an overall commitment to the organization’s mission, policies, and procedures. Who also believes that all persons, regardless of disability, have a right to work and participate in the community of their choice. The Diver Trainer should be able to explain the basic mechanical workings of vehicles to student drivers as well as demonstrate and explain how to operate a vehicle. Divers Trainer are also responsible educating students on road safety, and traffic laws and regulations in order for them to take their driver’s license tests.
Troy, Dayton or Cincinnati living area is best for this position.
Come create opportunities and change people’s lives with us.
- A high school degree or its equivalent is required as well as full licensure through the State of Ohio.
- Demonstration of excellent oral and computer skills (Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer); effective written skills and documentation, and strong teamwork skills.
- Valid driver’s license free of required offenses.
- Effective means of communication between employee and staff.
- Willingness to work flexible, varying hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to pass background check, physical, driving abstract, according to state regulations from the Department of Safety.
- Driving instructors need advanced driving skills and a thorough knowledge of traffic laws and regulations.
- Driving instructor should know about the mechanical and practical operation of vehicles and defensive driving techniques.
- The driving instructor must be alert to avert possible accidents, have good reflexes; hand-eye coordination and hearing are crucial.
- Cheerful, patient, able to remain calm in emergencies, positive person who does their job with enthusiasm and exhibits this to their students, family members of students, and other owner(s). The driving instructor should inspire confidence in their student drivers. The owners set the example for their employees.
- Physical ability to site in vehicle for up to an 8 hour shift and physical ability to stand to teach 3 hour class.
Medical Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, $12.00- $14.00 Hourly
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!