Drop Tester Job Description Sample
Quality Assurance Tester
You are an experienced software quality assurance tester looking for an opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology. You seek a company that cares about software quality assurance, and is willing to invest in you. newmedia is seeking a new Quality Assurance Tester to join our team. Our ideal candidate has a high capacity for learning new technologies quickly. Flexibility and a strong desire to learn are also critical.
We're located in beautiful and sunny downtown Denver, Colorado—one of technology's new hotspots in the United States. Denver is a quality-of-life destination: People strive to live here for the myriad ways they may pursue a healthy lifestyle, which includes abundant outdoor activities (we average 300 sunny days a year). Denver also boasts great housing options, low unemployment, and decent commute times.
newmedia is notable for its 20-year track record of providing full-service website design and development that is smart, user-friendly, and cutting-edge. We are a leader in a competitive industry with two start-ups—RiotLabs and DRUD—integrated within our mother company. Our work environment is friendly but hard working; we have the stability of our longtime successes with a fun, start-up vibe. What makes newmedia special is its PEOPLE.
Currently experiencing exponential growth, we strive for and earn a significant portion of the $23 billion-a-year market for our services and we attract significant interest from both new clients and investors. We are a growing team of 50 fantastic people and projected to hit 100 by early 2017. As much as we have accomplished, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what we have planned. To get there—and to continue our pace of success and growth—we need to have the best and the smartest designers, developers and program managers joining our team. Ping pong skills are optional but highly recommended; on-the-job training is available.
Roles and Responsibilities
Works with the production team to ensure the highest level of quality is maintained throughout our development processes
Ensures timely testing and feedback across multiple projects
As features are completed, tests for correct functionality and adherence to requirements
Performs manual regression testing and automated testing as required
Generates detailed and actionable defect reports
Provides daily updates on testing cycles and outcomes
Bachelor's Degree in Technology, equivalent industry experience acceptable.
1+ years of experience in software development or testing of web, and/or enterprise software applications required. This includes:
Functional knowledge of QA testing methodologies and strategies.
Application and demonstration of systematic approaches for identifying, documenting, and executing against test cases.
Demonstrates self-motivation, and critical thinking in analyzing problems and assisting with root cause analysis.
Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
Experience executing/maintaining automated test tools/frameworks such as Behat, Selenium, php
Unit and SimpleTest a plus.
Competitive salaries and performance-based raises.
Health, vision and dental insurance.
Open, collaborative environment in LoDo, steps away from Union Station.
Professional development opportunities.
On-site gym access.
Conference and career development allowance.
Employee referral bonus.
QA Tester (R1016894)
The Quality Assurance Tester functions as a liaison among the Business Unit and Technology (Solutions) to analyze, transform and ultimately resolve the business problems with the help of technology. The Quality Assurance Tester works to understand the structure, policies, and operations of the organization, and to create solutions that enable the Company to achieve its goals.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Perform unit testing and communicate results to appropriate vendors/staff
Compose test scripts for User Acceptance Testing and end-user specifications
Test planning, designing test cases, test execution, error reporting, analysis and error verification
Work with IT and business test groups to support quality and acceptance testing
Conducts regression testing as needed per our control guidelines
Resolve IT cases and escalate as necessary
Review IT cases on periodic basis to determine system inefficiencies
Attend design reviews with business unit leaders and system champions
Support existing business applications and end user training and documentation
Contribute to internal process and system enhancements
Participate in departmental special projects as assigned
Adherence to established software development life cycle methodology and internal controls governing Change Management
Other duties as assigned
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree or related area is required
Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
Experience with Investigator payments preferred
Experience with system testing and writing test scripts
Understanding of the testing processes and SDLC
1-3 years of system testing experience preferred or 2+ years of payment industry experience may substitute
Experience working with IT Developers on system enhancements and new functionality to fulfill business requirements
Organized and Detail Oriented
Excellent problem-solving skills
Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to work independently as well as with a team to meet hard deadlines
Ability to organize and present information in clear and concise formats
Job ID: R1016894
Apply Not ready to Apply?
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
Quality Assurance Jobs
QA Tester Jobs
Jobs in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Quality Assurance Jobs Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Mobile Applications Tester
At GEICO, we're about more than just insurance. Technology is at the core of everything we do, which means you'll get to work on innovative and influential tech projects in a successful company. Our associates are top-notch tech pros who are changing people's lives – just ask Forrester and Dynatrace-Keynote who've awarded our teams with top honors.
Our company culture is simple to sum up, it's all about giving our customers the very best. And, we know that the best way to do that is by giving our associates that crucial edge to succeed. Our team leaders and managers truly believe in the power of mentorship and providing opportunities to grow within the organization.
Our IT Testing team is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join as a Mobile Applications Tester with responsibility for the development of manual and automated testing solutions for Mobile applications. The candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining test strategies, plans, and cases to include: developing, maintaining test cases, automated test scripts; test case execution (for manual and automated test cases); triaging/opening test defects. The candidate must have: a proven ability of successfully performing testing responsibilities within large projects; understand automated testing frameworks, be able to create automated test scripts; as well as a commitment to learn and apply new business process and technologies quickly. The candidate must also be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently in driving results across multiple projects at different phases of development/testing.
Minimum five years of manual and automated testing experience with large/complex development and maintenance projects
Experience with creating and executing manual test cases and automated test scripts (using HP ALM/UFT and/or Selenium and/or C# and/or MS Visual Studio)
Excellent project management, organizational, prioritization and critical thinking skills
Proven ability to create test artifacts (strategies, test plans and test cases)
Experience with Mobile Applications Testing
Proven analytical skills in solving problems
Proven ability to learn and understand new business and service systems and processes
Proven ability as someone who is self-motivated and can work independently, while also working as an integral part of a team
Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
Working knowledge of project management and be able to build and manage project plans
Experience with Mobile testing tools is a plus
Familiar with Agile Development Best Practices is a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
401(k) and profit-sharing plans
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
Associate assistance program
Flexible spending accounts
Business casual dress
Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
Associate clubs and sports teams
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Aerial Systems Flight Tester : 18-00949
Primary Skills : Aerial flight validation, Testing, Quality Assurance
Duration : 9+ Months
Contract Type : W2 only
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with a deep understanding of consumer electronics, UAV flight systems, and possesses great attitude and communication skills.
Participate in end-to-end aerial flight validation with emphasis on flight performance, in-flight user experience, and flight safety.
Participate in full firmware development cycle, including partners with project stakeholders to ensure the requirement testability and effective test planning.
Define, develop and implement quality assurance test practices and procedures: Test Strategy, Test Plan, and Test cases.
Understanding of software/hardware release cycle.
Keen eye for details.
Must be a proactive self starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Passion for building and shipping AWESOME products!
Preferred Experience :
Familiarity with Jira.
Previous experience in UAV flight validation.
FAA Part 107 remote pilot certified
- Minimum 2-5 years of hands-on industry experience in testing consumer electronics.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
Please apply directly with your updated resume and contact Randhir at : 408-907-2970
Software System Tester (Nmmes)
Job Code: 7996984
Position Description: Imagine One is currently seeking a Software System Tester to provide support to the US Navy toprovide analysis of documented user requirements and directs or assists in the design of test plans in support of user requirements for moderately complex to complex software/hardware applications. Support will be required in the following areas: Production Operations, Installation and Database Administration, Training and Help desk Operations. Work is associated with the development, fielding and support of a large family of shore based maintenance applications. Work will be performed in Norfolk, VA.
- Must have experience working as a test engineer.
- Senior level applicants must have ten (10) or more years of experience in work involving Ship Maintenance and Ship Life cycle Management Systems.
- Mid-level applicants must have four (4) to eight (8) years of experience in work involving Ship Maintenance and Ship Life cycle Management Systems.
- Junior level applicants must have at least one (1) year and no more than four (4) of experience in a managerial role in work involving Ship Maintenance and Ship Life cycle Management Systems.
- Provide testing expertise for support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Responsible for ensuring that the test design and documentation support all applicable client, agency or industry standards time lines and budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that testing conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results, and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
- Reviews user application system requirements documentation; designs, defines and documents unit and application test plans; transforms test plans into test scripts and executes those scripts.
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessment and software/hardware development under the direction of a Lead Test Engineer.
- Responsible for ensuring proper execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in test logs or defect tracking systems.
- Senior level applicants are desired to have a Master’s Degree. A Bachelor’s Degree can be substituted.
- Mid and junior level applicants are desired to have a Bachelor’s Degree. An Associate’s Degree or High School diploma may be substituted for additional years of experience.
U.S. Citizenship required. Candidate must have an ACTIVE SECRET clearance
Please note if you have any experience with the following:
- DoD/DoN acquisition, budgeting, and investment management policies, guides, and regulations.
- Defense Business Systems.
- Department of Defense Enterprise Architecture Framework (DODAF).
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), with emphasis on the guidance issued by the DoD Deputy Chief Management Officer (DCMO).
- Operational Activities: Enterprise services, Supply Support, Materials Management, Maintenance Planning, Nuclear Propulsion, Maintenance Execution, Workforce Management, Financial Management, Facilities and Equipment, Product Life cycle Management and information technology products.
- Software languages, applications, operating systems, frameworks, integrated data environments and other expertise.
- Software/Systems Engineering using Agile methodologies, with the ability to tailor to a specific systems engineering process and software development tools
- Use of PMO-IT SDLC tools. (Serena Business Manager, Serena Dimensions, IBM Rhapsody, IBM DOORS, and HP Application Life cycle Management (ALM) and Unified Functional Testing (UFT)) Database Programming – schema design, architecture, performance tuning, SQL scripting, database consolidation, database migration, system backups and database admin.
- Application Test and Evaluation, particularly unit testing and integration testing.
- Asset Management: government documents, hardware, software (to include license agreements)
- Modification/maintenance/installation/integration of an interfaced enterprise solution of GOTS software products
- Information Assurance – DoD/DoN IA requirements and industry best practices.
- IT Infrastructure Support – hosted environment operations.
- System Administration – sys admin, help desk support, trouble ticket resolution.
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Location: Taylor, TX.
• QA lead to define Test Plan & Test strategy.
• Understand existing business requirements and design test cases.
• Assume ownership of IDM system testing and verification.
• Reporting and bug triage.
Key Technical Skill:
• Good understanding of IDM domain & Oracle Identity Manager.
• Must have worked on multiple IDM testing projects.
• Must have worked on creating test plan and test cases.
• Good understanding of usability.
• Good Java knowledge and QA automation tools.
• Knowledge of Java/REST APIs.
• Strong Software testing Background.
• Strong Problem Resolution Capability & Delivery Focus.
Excellent Communication Skills.
Ability to work in Virtual, Geographically Dispersed Teams.
5 to 9 Years of relevant development experience
Central Business Solutions, Inc,
37600 Central Ct.
Newark, CA 94560.
1007 Automation Tester
We currently have openings for Automation Testersin IL, TX, NJ and San Diego, CA.
Position Type: Contract
Pharma Domain Experience / Life Science Exp is a must have.
Validation ( IQ, OQ, PQ, ).
Development, execution and maintenance of automated test suites.
Generation of test reports and communication of clear feedback to engineering teams to support resolution of issues.
Maintenance of test environments and data sets required for automated tests.
Selenium Automation Tester Experience.
4+ relevant job experience.
Experience in at least one of these areas, blackbox, whitebox, or stress/load testing Experience with automated testing best practices.
Experience with continuous integration best practices.
Resource Manager: Shagun Sachdeva
Companies across U.S. have engaged ReqRoute, Inc to deliver skilled, dedicated IT professionals. Recruiting is our passion and we support Fortune 1000 companies with their hiring needs. We always seek to deliver competitive and sought-after career opportunities to our potential consultants and employees. We invite you to review the position requirements below and apply today if your skills match our need.
ReqRoute, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. (www.reqrouteinc.com)
Perform functional testing and inspection of electric drive and control products per test procedures, using standard and specialized test equipment, within the routed testing time, ensuring compliance to the quality and delivery metrics.
Troubleshoot electric drive and control products to locate fault, and complete repairs as required.
Perform routine repairs and maintenance of test systems and equipment.
Perform production assembly and material handling activities as needed.
Quality Assurance Tester
- Quality Assurance Tester with Business Analyst skills in a Java Development Environment
- 2+ years experience with responsibility for planning and executing SIT across major, and minor releases.
- Design, develop, and configure software test cases to validate application functionality.
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions, and will work with team members to identify requirements, and test application functionality.
- The candidate will apply knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support the project.
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions
- Create test plans for SIT testing
- Create test cases for SIT testing, including the identification, collection and/or creation of test data
- Execute frontend, and backend tests
- Develop, update and maintain quality testing standards and procedures
- Assist in the planning, creation and control of the test environment(s)
- Facilitate and/or participate in structured walk-throughs, and peer reviews
- Lead/participate in the coordination, and execution of release testing
- Mentor other testers on methodology framework testing processes, and application knowledge as appropriate
- Determine and meet time estimates, and schedules for testing efforts
- Proven ability to work independently, and as a team member
- Strong understanding of the full lifecycle (SDLC) with Agile/Scrum experience
- A strong understanding of web-based applications
- Strong understanding of different types of testing methodologies (system integration, regression, functional, compatibility, unit, performance, negative etc.) and an ability to plan/execute accordingly
- Proven ability to develop test conditions, and understand expected results based on the application requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (ability to translate between business and technical concepts)
- 2+ years extensive experience developing manual tests in ALM
- 2+ years experience working with a Relational Database
- 2+ years experience writing intermediate level SQL queries
- 2+ years experience working with Java development/principles
- Experience working with XML
- Proven ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Proven ability to identify, define, and document business requirements (functional and system)
- Proven ability to participate in requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Proven ability to track, and fully document changes to business requirements (both functional and system)
- Proven ability to clearly communicate requirements to other development team members
- Manage changes to requirements throughout the project lifecycle
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience developing automated tests with UFT
- Ability to be flexible, and think analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to solve problems to complex business processes
- Proven ability to develop, and maintain system documentation
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
Software Quality Assurance Tester
Drawing upon the extensive regional and functional expertise of Eurasia Group's analysts, the Government Services group delivers innovative products and mission-focused analysis to agencies operating in today's dynamic and unpredictable geopolitical landscape. From forecasting and scenario analysis to focused research efforts, we provide unbiased and responsive products to decision-makers across the globe.
In this position you will be responsible for the examination and testing of software so that defects may be corrected before going into production.
The ability to review and interpret business requirements and translate them into test procedures
Experience testing web applications is a must
Experience with Test Driven Development
Full understanding of System Development Life Cycle(SDLC) and Quality Assurance
Intermediate to advanced understanding of Smoke Testing, Regression testing, Black box testing, white box testing, automation testing and full SDLC testing
Ability to apply test methodologies into daily routines
Perform repeatable testing process and procedures.
Familiarity with database queries and the ability to create input data and verify data updates.
Generating SQL queries and using other data interrogation techniques.
Evaluate and test new or modified software programs.
Write, revise, and verify quality standards and test procedures
Review new or modified programs, including documentation, diagrams and flow charts, to determine if program will perform according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines.
Maintain detailed instructions in order to test programs for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards.
Create and Maintain all test scripts, test cases, use cases and test plans necessary to execute full life cycle testing of business requirements
?Direct advisory services: We provide actionable, real-time analysis tailored to client requirements through custom publications, briefings, and workshops.
?Consultative research: We deliver analytic solutions through our country-specific, regional, and transnational research programs, risk assessments, long-range forecasting, and scenario analysis.
?Analytic design: We develop comparative methodologies and analytic frameworks to assist clients in impact evaluation, risk modeling, and strategic planning.
?Games and exercises: Through war games and table top exercises, we provide a creative means for clients to attack challenges, explore unintended consequences, formulate strategy, and build consensus among stakeholders.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!