Drophammer Operator Job Description Sample
Operator Tech I - Wireline Operator
Demonstration of wireline operations technical skills and practical applications, including supporting surveying and wireline logging services, conducting rig-up and rig-down of down hole equipment, disassembly of tools, and post-job on-site equipment testing.
Operate heavy equipment such as Wireline Trucks, Manlifts, Bucket trucks and Forklifts. Support other projects at the Geysers such as performing steam well and pipeline maintenance and assisting with Steamfield and Power Plant operations.
• Routine maintenance of wireline equipment at jobsite and assembling tools. • Performing rig-up procedures and installations at jobsites. • Performing safe operation of crane and sling loads. • Performing pre-job preparation of wireline equipment, wireline units, survey jobs and ensuring completion of pre-job logistics. • Removing and disassembling tools and equipment in the field. • Carry out post-job shop responsibilities, including cleaning, servicing equipment, office equipment testing, and accurate and timely submission paperwork and related files. • Preparing and maintaining documentation for jobs, daily reporting, and all applicable administrative functions. • Perform general shop duties for tools and equipment. • Comply with applicable safety standards and maintain a safe working environment • Cooperate with management in promoting, developing and maintaining a safe place of work and safe working practices, meeting all applicable health, safety and environmental requirements Requirements • High School Diploma and attendance in trade/vocational school, military service, or equivalent. • Entry level; minimum 2 years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport. • Must have experience with machinery repair. • Must have strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics. • Must have a valid California or other state equivalent Class C license and be in the process of obtaining a Class B license. • Preferred Valid Active Commercial Driver’s License (CDL Class B, Minimum) • Preferred Two years previous experience in wireline and/or geothermal/oilfield industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Part Time Logistics Operator IV, VAF Operator
Purpose:Support successful warehouse operations. Ensure safe, efficient flow of traffic on the property to ensure production, loading and delivery functions are completed in accordance with approved plans. May also support movement, loading and unloading of product and materials using a wide variety of material handling equipment at a highly proficient level (examples: forklift, HiJaw, pallet jack, switcher). Ensure appropriate material arrives at designated location at designated time. Spot trailers at appropriate docks to support production/loading/delivery operations.
Two part-time positions are available:
1st shift -11am – 4pm
3rd shift- 9pm – 2am
Accountabilities: * Use appropriate material handling equipment to move product and materials from/to designated locations to support production and logistics activities (as applicable, depending on location). * "Build" pallets/orders as needed/directed to support successful order fulfillment. * "Rework" damaged and returned product to restore appropriate product to “sellable” condition and destroy un-sellable product.
Perform miscellaneous activities as directed to support the efficient operation of a warehouse in a dynamic environment.
* Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Experience and success on a Double Lift.
Comprehension of basic safety principles including proper lifting and use of personal protective equipment.
Advanced forklift skills (single-wide/double-wide, HiJaw, Cascade).
Ability to efficiently/safely operate forklifts in small area (pick area).
Rudimentary mechanical skills.
Start/stop equipment, operate multiple pieces of simple machinery, identify and clear material jams, simple tool usage.
Read and follow written SOP’s or instructions.
Complete forms (handwritten and/or computer-based) to document activities/results.
Follow verbal instructions.
Intermediate math skills.
Capacity to assess order (“pick ticket”) and determine an appropriate order configuration on a pallet.
Thorough understanding of elements contributing to warehouse productivity.
Capacity to assess order building/loading work flow and choose optimum pick/load path.
Capacity to simultaneously manage multiple processes to support overall system efficiency.
Operation of warehouse inventory management system(s).
Ability to consistently count received product/materials and compare to manifest with a high degree of accuracy.
Ability to consistently load trucks in accordance with documentation with a high degree of accuracy.
Possess strong communication skills.
Must be a self starter and be able to work well with a minimum of supervision, yet be able to interface with Warehouse and Production supervision. CCBCC is an equal employment opportunity employer
Location:* Nashville, TN
Job Code:* OP7055
Machine Operator Entry - VMC Cell Operator - 1St Shift
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Machine Operator Entry
VMC Cell Operator is required to perform each of the tasks below in a safe and timely manner. The Machine Operator Entry
VMC Cell Operator must focus on quality as well as productivity.
As the Machine Operator Entry
- VMC Cell Operator, you will:
Interpret written specs
Perform repetitive heavy lifting
Perform standard work per the quality work plans
Generate improvement ideas on a weekly basis
Participation in team based improvement activities
Activity participate in standard work revisions
Inspect parts using pin / thread gages
Position, adjust, and secure stock or work pieces against stops on chucks, vises, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms
Add coolant and lubrication materials to maintain proper levels
Clean, maintain, and organize assigned area Qualifications/
High School Diploma / GED
Good safety, attendance, and performance record
Ablility to interpret shop blueprints
Ablility to interpret MOSs
Ability to do arithmetic and basic shop math
Use standard measuring instruments
Work with minimum supervision
Work well with others To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States; Maine; Auburn GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Sterilization Operator I Ethylene Oxide (Eo) Operator (3Rd Shift)
Sterilization Operator I Ethylene Oxide (EO) Operator, Ontario, CA
The Operator is responsible for monitoring the system which includes observing pressure, temperature, and relative humidity measurements on charts or computer monitors. Ensures that product is moved through the facility at the appropriate times. Schedule / Shift: 3rd shift, 11:00 pm - 7:30 am, 6 days on, 2 days off
Job Duties and
Responsible for operation of the plant in the absence of the Shift Supervisor and/or Process Supervisor.
Monitors system which includes:
Observing pressure, temperature and relative humidity measurements on charts or computer monitors.
Turning valves and adjusting controls to ensure the safe operation of the equipment.
Observing sterilizers and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and assisting with repairs as needed.
Documenting and recording process readings.
Reports any damaged product to the Shift Supervisor or Process Supervisor.
Reports system problems to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Technician.
Performs some daily and weekly equipment preventative maintenance tasks and may assist Maintenance as required.
Stores and removes chemicals used in processing in accordance with established procedures and laws.
Participates on plant safety committees and follows all established safety rules and regulations.
Assists with other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Supervisory responsibilities: Oversees the work of Process Assistant Operators.
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year of experience working in a sterilization environment desired.
Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Must be willing to work established shifts.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform repetitive bending and lifting motions over a period of time.
Must have forklift driving experience.
Computer skills desired. Special Requirements / Work Environment:
Must be medically approved for respirator use. (Cost will be covered and arranged by company)
Must be able to tolerate exposure to high temperatures and high humidity (120F and 60% RH for 20 minutes) (EO) Apply today! Questions? Call Kevin at 602-548-1774 or email at email@example.com
? With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year. You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Asphalt Paver Operator / Screed Operator
The position should have extensive knowledge of paving operations, equipment, quality control measures, and standard procedures. Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs to the highest customer satisfaction.
- Perform paver pre-check including all fluid levels per checklist before starting
- Work with screed operator for paver set up and set up automatic controls to ensure straight consistent joints on both sides – It's imperative to create clean lines.
- Maintain production rates and paver speed for highest quality optimizing trucking, rolling and finishing.
- Communicate any issues, concerns or problems to paving foreman throughout the shift.
- Assist paving crew with quality control corrections while mat is still hot and clean up between trucks or during breaks in paving.
- Check all manholes and water valves after paving to ensure they are turned up to proper grade and properly cleaned during that shift
- Post Shift – Clean paver and job, breakdown or stage the machine in designated locations.
- Train and cross train crew members as requested.
- Perform all paving aspects as needed
- Work as a team
- Experience preferred but not mandatory. We will train if needed
- Must be available to work on Saturday and Sundays as well as work overtime during the paving season
- Ability to be self-motivating, dependable, a team player, and perform duties with little supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and more.
- Must have valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to and from work sites.
Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator
We are seeking a Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
Ability to use tape measurer, calipers, micrometers for precise measurements matching print specifications.
Fabrication of piece parts as per schematic under supervision of a Lead.
Ability to read blueprints and program machining equipment to produce required parts
Ability to use metal working manipulation machinery (brake, shear, saw, punch etc.).
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning machining equipment.
Maintain equipment in good working order and notify the Lead of malfunctions.
Perform all duties in accordance with safety program standards.
Organize department and keep department clean.
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning new equipment.
Inspect equipment to ensure good working order and notify your Lead of malfunctions.
Notify the Lead of any unsafe conditions, practices and/or procedures observed.
Other duties as required.
This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies (i.e. respiratory protection) must be adhered to at all times while visiting, touring and/or working in the shop. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time while working
Must be able to bend to reach low
Must be able to carry, lift, and transport equipment/material weighing up to 30 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
3 years min of experience in Press Brake Operations
Experience with all safe practices, procedures, and overall processes associated with manufacturing from raw materials to finished product.
Compensation based on experience!
2Nd Press Operator / Feeder Operator
Vision Graphics is a mid-sized, privately owned Denver printing, direct mail and marketing services company. We are seeking a qualified candidate for an opening in our pressroom. We are looking for an energetic go-getter who seeks opportunities for growth in his or her career. The ideal candidate is a team-player, seeking an opportunity to learn, develop and advance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist First Press Operator in the set up and efficient operation of 8-color HUV, 40” Komori sheetfed press – ensuring on-time, high quality and quantity.
- Read and understand the department schedule, job ticket and specifications.
- Work with Receiving to stage materials for print jobs using a pallet jack or forklift.
- Load printing plates for next job.
- With First Press Operator, use computer systems to setup and calibrate print jobs.
- Inspect materials and products for defects, and to ensure it meets job specifications.
- Assist First Press Operator in making adjustments, performing maintenance, making minor repairs to the equipment, and keeping press area clean and organized at all times.
- Work with management and press team to set, measure and achieve productivity goals.
- Must be available for required overtime based on business needs.
- Must be proactive with completing other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience as a press feeder operator, second press operator or pressman.
- Must be a motivated self-starter and eager to learn, grow, and seek future promotion.
- Must be organized, mechanically inclined, and be able to maintain attention to detail.
- Must be patient and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be able to follow instructions, be teachable, and able to multi-task.
- Must have basic knowledge of and be comfortable with computers and software.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and re-stack up to 50 lbs throughout a work shift.
This is a full-time, regular position. Benefits include paid vacation, health and dental insurance, and 401(k). Pre-employment screening required.
Operator / Operator Trainee (Off Of I70 And Peoria)
COLORADO Privately-owned Commercial Printer has immediate openings at both of its Metro Denver locations. We are a leading commercial web printer in the Western U.S. providing print and fulfillment services to catalogues & specialty magazine customers across the nation. Reply today to work in a fast-paced print manufacturing environment. WE OFFER OUTSTANDING BENEFITS.
We are currently hiring for Operator(s). Position is responsible for overseeing, directing and working along-side crew assigned to machine on shift.
Primary Position Duties:
Responsible for team achieving production requirements
Follows proper procedural guidelines
Oversees, directs and is responsible for entire crew assigned to machine on shift
Receives and understands production schedule
Responsible for basic maintenance of machinery
Trains other crew members when needed, passing on knowledge and experience
Follows all safety measures as instructed and makings sure crew does same
Other duties as assigned
Position works 8 hours shifts, Monday – Friday, we have 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available at the I70 and Dahlia Location
Position works 11 or 12 hour shifts, 3 on, 4 off rotating schedule at the Santa Fe and Evans Location
$15.00-$18.00 - DOE
Paid Vacation & Holidays
401(k) after 6 months’ employment and age 21
Qualified applicants must:
Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. as required through the shift and from time to time.
Be able to operate a pallet jack, or be willing to learn
Be able to operate a forklift, or be willing to learn
5+ years of prior Machine Operator experience.
Preferred Qualifications include:
Previous experience operating the following types of machines:
Printing Press Equipment
We take care of every aspect of the project from printing and binding to mailing and shipping, on time and on budget. With over 450 employees, Publication Printers Corp. operates 24/7, using state-of the art technology and equipment. This high level of efficiency allows us to provide top quality at competitive prices.
Our Mission Statement:
Publication Printers Corp. will provide quality, commercial offset web printing at competitive prices meeting or exceeding our customers' expectations.
We will focus on service, honesty and excellence to ensure satisfied and repeat customers.
We will remain focused on technological advancements and integrate them into our manufacturing processes.
We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint. We will consistently offer options to our customers and continue to purchase product from well-managed forests that are produced in an environmentally sound method.
We will provide a safe and supportive environment for our employees. We will offer a workplace that encourages growth and promotes pride in workmanship.
Equipment Operator / Yard Truck Operator
Equipment operator will be responsible for using a Shuttle Truck, also called a Yard Truck or Hostler, to move trailers on the property. These tasks include, but are not limited to safely towing, backing up and parking trailers, as well as moving equipment and general labor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate Shuttle Truck / Yard Truck and other various equipment to move trailers and containers on the facility
- Follow directions of supervisors
- Complete paperwork associated with load instructions (must exhibit a strong attention to detail)
- Understand and comply with safety procedures
- Properly use all of the required personal protection equipment (PPE) required for specific tasks (i.e. hard hats, gloves, reflective vests, safety glasses, etc.)
- Identify abnormal noises and mechanical problems associated with equipment and communicate problems to Foremen and Supervisors.
- Avoid damage to equipment, property, fellow workers and public
- Keeping equipment clean
- Assist with other projects for the company in addition to regular job responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Exhibits strong ability to work as a team with other co-workers
- Complies with safety policies at all times
- Demonstrates hustle and a strong work ethic
- Must be dependable, motivated and possess a positive attitude in working with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works hard to meet deadlines
Essential Physical & Mental Functions:
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude
- Overtime as required to meet deadlines
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which can include hot, cold, and inclement weather, and exposure to dust
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Use of personal protection equipment is required
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!