Drum Tester Job Description Sample
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Drum Filler located in Port Neches, TX. In this role, you manage all aspects of unloading, storing, staging and filling of 55 gallon drums for use in the packaging of finished products at the Port Neches chemical manufacturing site. Duties are directed by the Operations Coordinators in loading and unloading areas.
What will be expected from you?
Complete a site Safety Orientation, and follow all Operator safety and environmental policies.
Safety certified to operate Forklifts and other material handling equipment.
Understands and administers product labeling requirements and shipping protocols.
Able to identify drumming process problem areas and is able to communicate them up and through the organization using appropriate channels of communication.
Develop hands on experience stacking drums three high and inspecting drum interior and exteriors for damage, defects, and contaminants.
Participate in shift safety and communications meetings.
Participates in audits, investigations, maintains inventory and cycle counts as required.
Maintains good housekeeping of equipment, and drumming areas.
Fills, labels and loads drums as required.
Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
What are we looking for in the ideal Candidate?
High school diploma or equivalent required, NAPTA endorsed Process or Operator Technology Degree Preferred.
Applicants who do not possess an Associate's Degree in Process Operating Technology must have a minimum of one year operations experience in the Petrochemical or Refining industry. (Relevant military experience will be considered)
Forklift Operator experience and certification preferred.
Must have or be able to quality for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). Please visit the website below for TWIC eligibility and requirements. https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
Must have a valid state driver's license.
What can we offer you?
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. We are a global specialty chemical company with locations in 30 countries around the world, employing over 11,000 associates. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Interview mode: Phone+F2F
Description:Must be available for an onsite interview
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related degree. Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Consideration given to equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with Test Automation including development of test scripts and Agile software development preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis. Ability to resolve issues using abstraction. Logical thinker capable in analysis, predictions and improvements.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Experience with manual software testing is required.
- Experience with at least one major automated testing framework.
- Experience with development and source control tools preferred.
- Working under limited supervision, ensures that client systems/software are implemented and enhanced as required.
- Analyzes systems to define testing approach to be used considering all the dependencies of the application.
- Determines the most appropriate and efficient testing method (manual, automated) and tools to prove completion of test and delivery of expected system results.
- Verifies that system data, as well as output, correspond to expected norms and that system functionality satisfies the specification.
- Works to identify common defects and areas for improvement. Communicates these to development and project resources.
- Assists in the selection of an automated testing framework, and develops automated tests in that framework. Builds automated testing tools and scripts to perform common tests.
- Collaborates with users, developers and other constituents involved in development, testing and release of software products. Monitors and analyzes testing process, making recommendations for improvements for a given testing engagement as needed. Performs other duties as assigned. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project. Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause moderate impact to co-workers and supervisor or damage to a client engagement.
- This position is for web QA engineer.
- Scripting, Selenium, Protractor, Karma
Key Business Solutions, Inc.
|| Office: 916 646 2080 Ext 223 || Fax: 916 646 2081
Note: This email is not intended to be a solicitation. Please accept our apologies and reply in the subject heading with REMOVE to be removed from our Mailing list.
Jr. Tester With Selenium
Duration: Long term
In-person Interview is MUST
Description of Work:
· Designs test plans for complex distributed systems in accordance with overall testing strategy
· Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and execute manual and automated test scripts
· Develop and execute maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
· Investigate and debug test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary and provide test coverage analysis based on automation results
· Regularly leads team through preparing and estimation sessions to define acceptance criteria, ensures that the team's
acceptance criteria for stories and tasks is appropriate and being met universally
· Quality Assurance to ensure full functional testing of new features being added every sprint, as well as full regression
testing for all previously implemented functionality in every sprint
· Collaborate with development organization to understand how development changes affect ongoing Automation efforts
· Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test object developed and test environments used
· Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics and provide weekly and monthly status to the
· Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
· Bachelor’s degree and 0 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 0 years of relative experience, or 4 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree.
· 1 years of experience in developing and maintaining automated testing framework and infrastructure.
· 1 years of experience with Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid, and SQL Server
· 6 months of experience with Unit Testing tools such as Junit, TestNG, and Cucumber.
· 6 months of experience in developing automated test plans, test scenarios, test scripts, acceptance criteria, test data, investigating, and debugging test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary.
· 6 months of Core Java technical expertise including JEE, Frameworks (Struts, Spring), object oriented design and design pattern.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
· Experience in working in an Agile Development environment and automating application developed in Agile Development environment.
· Experience in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
· Experience in capturing and reusing automated Unit Test cases, Test Stubs and Drivers and other development test objects
· Experience in using risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain and execute automated test suites to perform automated dynamic testing
· Understanding of build tools like Maven, ANT.
· Understanding of version control tools like Git, SVN
· Understanding of Continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Docker
· Understanding of AWS.
· Excellent team building skills, including cross-functional team building
· Proficient in MS Office, MS Visio, and SharePoint
· Experience in using VersionOne and HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
· Proficient in Extensible Markup Language (XML) and Object-oriented programming skills
- Good experience in all stages of Performance Testing Life cycle
- Solid work experience in scripting, test execution and results analysis using Rational Performance Tester tool
- Experience with monitoring tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics etc.
- Knowledge on Guidewire technologies is a plus
- Knowledge on Insurance domain is a plus
- Effective coordination between Onsite-Offshore
- Excellent client Interaction skills and ability to lead and manage projects independently
- Six plus years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
- Proven experience designing, building, and maintaining end-to-end testing processes and technical solutions
- Proven experience designing, building, and maintaining automated testing processes and technical solutions
- Must display skill and experience in working with customers to manage successful user acceptance testing
- Experience mentoring or supervising other quality assurance staff
- Experience working within an agile methodology framework/environment is necessary
- Proven experience generating iterative testing plans and visual metrics is necessary
- Agile certification is a plus
- Experience in multiple agile roles is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills testing
Location: Reston, VA
Client will sponsor Public Trust. Candidate must be clearable.
Work Status: U.S. Citizen or Green Card
Position Status: Long term, Open ended Contract
Our client is looking for QA Tester candidates for a position located in Reston, VA. The client is a well-known consulting firm with clients in both the public and private sectors. Qualified candidates for this role will have experience in both testing and developing test scripts.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Some experience testing for Agile (Novice experience accepted)
- Experience with testing automation strategies
- Experience with functional testing and development of test scripts
- Understanding of Defect Management process
- Experience with testing administration tools (Rational, CQ, etc.)
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, & Dallas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Software Tester (Niche) II
This role is for a Software Tester with proven quality assurance and project analysis experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Responsible for leading development of test scenarios for unit, process, function, integration and acceptance testing. Assists in the distribution of all Quality Assurance practices, standards, methodologies and metrics. Performs test executions and writes test scripts for complex integrated systems. Performs regression testing on new software releases and reports findings. Provides technical support and guidance, software installation, problem solving and troubleshooting. Offers input to development on findings reports. Participates in the development and implementation of structured testing concepts, methodologies, and automated testing and support tools. Provides status reporting to QA and management. Involves senior management to resolve deficiencies or compliance issues in a timely manner as needed.
Experience with the niche technology/product will be expanded upon in the job description.
- Ability to create simple queries ( Oracle/SQL Database)
- ETL Testing
- CI/CD, or DevOps experience a plus
Penetration Tester / Red Team
- As an experienced professional, provide advice to client management with regard to moderately complex security issues. Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques.
- Coordinates the reporting data security incidents. Provides technical support to the client and management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products.
- Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups. State and Federal legislation and regulations.
- Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures.
- Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
- Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Administers security policies to control access to systems and maintains the company firewall.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems.
- Must have a strong Red Team Penetration Testing background
- Must have experience and be very proficient with the common tools associated with penetration testing (Metasploit, Burp Suite, Cobalt Strike, etc)
- Must have a solid understanding of voice and data networks, major operating systems, active directory, and their associated peripherals
- Must demonstrate knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors.
- Must be able to critically examine an organization and system through the perspective of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms.
- Must be able to both work independently as well as effectively work in teams with individuals with a variety of skills and backgrounds
- Ability to effectively code in a scripting language (Python, Perl, etc)
- Desirable certifications: OSCP, GPEN, OSCE
- Previous experience working in the financial industry
- Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Junior Software Tester
Must be US Citizen and clearable for Secret clearance. Pay range from $35,000 to $55,000 with full benefits, but will depend on experience.
- Collaborate with developers and Product Owners to develop test plans and test cases.
- Conduct testing to ensure solutions meet requirements and design.
- Document and track issues in Team Foundation Server.
- Attend Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and daily Scrum meetings.
- Provide testing estimates.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the education and experience listed below:
- A minimum of 1 year related/relevant experience is required.
- High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical field is preferred.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- One year of experience identifying and solving technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hold an active US SECRET Clearance.
- US Citizenship is required per contract and for clearance eligibility.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and Agile methodologies.
- Software Testing skills
- Experience Writing Test Plans
Japanese Web Application QA Tester
- Have knowledge of testing strategies/methodologies that can be applied in websites and web application testing.
- Comprehends the full scope of a web application or website to develop applicable and comprehensive testing procedures.
- Applies appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans, test cases, conduct manual tests.
- Provides feedback on cause and effect of bugs and errors in a given test situation.
- Provides clear and concise feedback on bugs, usability and other test findings/results.
- Implements a work-flow standard for the full project life-cycle.
- Distinguishes between user error and actual application bugs.
- Defines project expectations and timelines for deliverables to fellow team members.
- Monitors and maintains lab machines regularly with software updates and upgrades.
- Identify and advocate QA testing standards and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
read and (and preferably write) basic automation code
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for results in a respectful and constructive manner
- Knowledge of testing tools (like Selenium, QTP, other) preferred but not required)
- Experience with devices (iPhone, iPad, android etc.) preferred.
- Experience with defect tracking systems preferred.
- Basic HTML, CSS, coding knowledge preferred.
- Technical certification in a computer or web related field; or, equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated QA skills such as test planning, writing test specifications, ad hoc and planned test execution, bug isolation, troubleshooting and bug reporting.
- Working knowledge of web design and web programming preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows operating systems, MAC and Mobile devices.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Fluency in Japanese
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to analyze needs and product requirements to provide solutions.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Ability to manage own time and work effectively with other team members.
Rate: $17-19 per hour
(No Corp to Corp or visa sponsorship at this time)
IOS Automation Tester
- IOS Automation Tester with Android as secondary Skill
- Sort out and automate test cases
- Understand and estimate the automation scenario
- Do extensive exploratory testing and file valuable bugs
- Work closely with the Dev Team
- Ensure that 0 Bugs leak to Production
- Ensure timely release
- Extensive experience in Agile Methodology
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Test Automation, including planning, assessments, script development and maintenance
- Compatibility, Security and exploratory testing
- Automation skills with a proven history of quality bugs.
- Solid understanding of Bug Life cycle
- Understanding of product release cycle
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good Team member / Team player
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!