Dust Mill Operator Job Description Sample
Dust Collector Operator - DS (Fn80#147-17)
Today, the company operates 400,000 square foot manufacturing facilities and two state‐of‐the art foundries in Hanover, Pennsylvania, and an additional 69,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Wytheville, Virginia. While our number of employees, facilities and processing equipment has grown over the years, our basic philosophy has remained the same. Our employees are committed to providing our customers with the best possible product in design, quality, cost and service.
Employees of Sheppard are provided the opportunity to learn and develop new skills to reach their full potential. Our culture is to promote the advancement of employees who achieve results. This environment has helped the company retain many of our employees for the majority of their working careers, creating an overall average length of service that is among the highest in our industry.
Position Overview: The primary responsibility of this position is to analyze and diagnose dust collector equipment issues and execute light to moderate maintenance and repairs. Incumbent will work under minimal supervision.
Responsibilities captioned below are considered essential job functions: Position
Adhere to established safety procedures and 5 “ S ” standards (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain the cycle) required to perform daily duties in this position, including the proper techniques used in lifting/moving of parts
Communicate diagnosis to Supervisor to obtain necessary parts or supplies to complete repair
Perform routine preventive maintenance, service, and maintain dust collectors; such as dust bags, belts, motors, pulleys, cages, and blowers; periodic assistance from a maintenance mechanic may be needed
Inspect plumbing, duct work, airlines, etc. while operating the dust collector
Follow manufacturers’ outline, work from prints, manuals, charts, or verbal instructions, and maintain a clean and orderly work place.
Maintain accurate work orders, logs of maintenance and repairs performed to specific equipment
Create and coordinate the re-bagging schedule
Responsible for following environmental requirements outline and documenting accordingly
Read and record Laempe machine readings
Conduct furnace inspections
- Other duties as assigned; flexibility in work schedule; ability to work overtime as needed Working Conditions/Physical
General shop and machine tool noise, dirt, dust, sand, grease, high temperatures, and coolants from the operation of machine tools and the assembly of machines and equipment.
Normal working position is standing or walking through the plant. Some repetitive lifting/moving is required, depending on the daily assignment or tasks being performed. Will work from heights, using a ladder, platform, scaffolding inside or outside of the plant and in wide temperature extremes.
Will work in confined space areas and will operate genie boom and forklift. The weight can range up to 75 lbs therefore proper lifting/moving techniques, i.e. use of a crane, are required in excess of 40 lbs. Tools Required:
Standard machine tools are required to perform most of the daily responsibilities (socket set, adjustable wrenches, screw drivers, pliers, and flashlight). Any specialized tools or measuring equipment will be provided by the company as needed. Standard Shift Hours: Mon - Fri: 6am-3:30pm Benefits: Paid Time-Off Paid Holidays Medical Insurance with Flexible Spending Account Free Medical Clinic for Employees and Dependents Dental & Vision Insurance Life, STD & LTD Life Assistance Program 401(k)
Sheet Metal & Dust Collection Installer
- Read engineering drawings, sketches and work specifications to be performed, and lay out, measure and mark sheet metal according to drawings or templates
- Develop patterns for sheet metal .
- Operate metalworking machines such as shears, brakes, punches, and drill presses, including computer numerical control (CNC) equipment to cut, bend, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal
- Operate computerized plasma cutting equipment to cut sheet metal
- Install and use rigging and hoisting equipment
- Fit and join sheet metal parts using riveting, welding, soldering and similar equipment to fabricate products such as ventilation shafts, exhaust hoods, partition frames, dust collection piping, material handling systems, roof decking and sheet metal buildings
- Install sheet metal products according to specifications and building codes
- Grind and buff seams, joints and rough surfaces
- Inspect product quality and installation to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Sheet metal workers may specialize in onsite installation or shop manufacture of sheet metal products, or servicing and maintenance of installed equipment and systems.
The right person would be very proficient in STICK & MIG welding, Stainless Steel & Aluminum TIG welding is a big plus.
The right person would require very little to no supervision after given a job assignment.
Must submit to and pass pre-employment drug screening and also take random screenings as required by MDOT to maintain CDL.
Must possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License, must be able to obtain a chauffeurs license and or a CDL.
The right person would need to commit to a M-F, 8-4:30 work week, but be willing and able to work extended and weekend hours with very little notice.
CNC Mill Operator
CNC Machinist Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up machinery to successfully conduct the run as specified
- Examine and inspect the first article produced to ensure quality
- Monitor the run throughout the cycle, checking that specifications are met
- Perform all preventative machine maintenance and use equipment properly
- Report any safety or maintenance concerns to management immediately
- Keep all work areas clean and organized
- Strive to meet quotas without compromising quality
- Hold self to a high standard of quality, taking pride in your work
- Attend all safety and production trainings
- Be available for overtime during high volume seasons
CNC Machinist Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CNC Mill Operator
- Significant hands-on experience working on a production floor
- Able to successfully set up and run production
- Solid necessary math skills, including measuring and keeping count records
- Able to read and follow technical drawings and diagrammed instructions
- Proven record of quality, on-time production runs
- Keen eye for detail
- Positive attitude, reliable, and a team player
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
Feed Mill Operator & Delivery And/Or Tender Drivers
Full Time & Part Time
AG POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Lima Elevator is looking for responsible individuals interested in the following areas:
Feed Mill Operator- Training Available
Delivery and/or Tender Drivers-requires a Class A, B or Chauffeur's CDL
Previous AG experiance a plus but not required. Competitive pay/benefits package-based on qualifications. Work history & refrences required.
Please fill out an application or leave resume at Lima Elevator's Office in Howe.
1st & Defiance Streets-Howe, IN 260-562-2113
Snelling is looking for a 2nd shift Square Mill Operator for a company in Greenville, MI.
This is a great company and opportunity for experienced in Square Mill Operators.
Hours and pay for the Square Mill Operator
5 Ten hour shifts M - F with some Saturdays
$16 - $17 per hour
Requirements of the Square Mill Operator:
Know all safety guidelines of operating a square mill
Machine controls of square mills
Properly set-up square mills with fixtures and load and unload bases and/or plates from fixtures
Proper surface finish
How and when to change the cutter
Properly clean the machines and area at the end of a shift
use the measuring equipment needed to meet tolerances
Fill out and follow control plan requirements and how to define a good part
Candidates qualified for the Square Mill Operator position should submit a resume for immediate consideration.
In 2016, Snelling received Inavero's coveted Best of Staffing award in recognition of our exemplary customer service - an honor bestowed on less than two percent of staffing companies in the industry.
CNC Mill Operator - 3Rd Shift
Competitive Benefits Package that includes:
• 2nd & 3rd shifts include Shift Premium incentive
• Health Insurance with Prescription Drug Coverage
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company paid Basic Life Insurance
• Voluntary Term Life Insurance
• Company paid Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company match.
• 10 Paid Holidays per year
• Paid Vacation
• Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program
Machine finish flexible dies to customer specifications as outlined in the Flexible Die Engraving Manual.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Clean and practice safe operating procedures for CNC milling machines.
• Set-up and indicate flexible die
• Input necessary information into machine control to successfully process a flex die
• Compares information and specifications on manufacturing sheet to instructions on drawing viewer
• Calculate machine feeds, speeds, and offsets.
• Measure using precision equipment and maintain tight tolerances on flex dies to a minimum of +/- .0001 (.0025mm)
• Move product to other departments based on product type.
• Maintain department production goals and quality standards.
• Clearly identify and communicate any machine or design issues to supervisor and lead person.
• Complete work logs, and machine calibrations.
• Prioritize work as outlined by supervision, and work instructions.
• Wear proper PPE gear while in work area.
• Ability to multi-task, and prioritize work accordingly
• Ability to read and use precision measuring equipment.
• Proficient skills in simple math
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
• Ability to work with supervision, maintains company goals, and work as a team player.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Stand for extended periods - 2 hour periods
• Able to bend and twist at the waist.
• Some overtime required.
Established in 1957 in the St. Louis, Missouri area, RotoMetrics got its start as a private, family-owned company. Our commitment to continuously evolving products and practices for solutions that work right the first time has fueled our growth. After initial expansion in the Americas in the 1980s, RotoMetrics' reputation led us to then establishing manufacturing in the United Kingdom and Australia. By 2010, we launched flexible die manufacturing at the industry's most modern factory in Bangkok, Thailand.
Our mission and vision insists upon continual employee development and education. We have a relentless focus on constant improvement. However, we deeply value our past and the values and principles our successes have been built upon. 60 years of quickly delivering complex cutting tools requires more than just precision and automation it demands the experience expertise and skill of our amazing team.
CNC Mill Set Up Operator
We are looking for experienced CNC Mill Set up Operators to join the team!
- 3 years of minimal experience in manufacturing organization
- 3 years of minimal experience with CNC Mill Set up
- Able to read and interpret Blue prints
CNC Mill Operator
We are looking for a person to operate our automatic mill. This mill is very straightforward and does not need experience with mills, or programing. We are looking for someone with a technical background that is willing to learn.
- must know how to use a tape measure, and micrometer
- have a good understanding of fractions and decimals
- experience with an overhead crane is helpful
- able to perform basic maintenance of their machine
- loading and unloading parts
- filling out inspection reports
CNC Lathe Programmer / Operator / CNC Mill Programmer
PROGRAM/SETUP/OPERATE MAZAK CNC LATHE, INTERGREX OR MAZAK CNC MILLS. MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS EXPERIANCE OR COLLEGE DEGREE WITH A DESIRE TO LEARN.
Programing is done at machines utilizing mazatrol controls with the help of griffo off line programing. Camworks is also used to program complex parts. We machine small micro parts to large 50" x 40" parts. For inspection we utilize micro heights on the floor to 4 cmms and 2 optical comparators in one of the 2 inspection rooms.
Mill Hand Operator & Programmer Gage Maker
WHAT WE NEED:
To fill a position(s) for a skilled Mill Operator & Programmer with the precision skills. We are not a production factory, we are a custom gage house. We need someone that has extensive gage shop experience. You will be responsible for machining details from raw steel & complex assembly drawings on Proto-Trak Southwest Industries Machines(Proto Track K3 Knee Mill & Proto Trak FHM 7). This position requires proficiency with the best machining practices and strong ability to read detailed prints and assemblies. Applicants must be a highly motivated team player & produce work to ensure grinding operations run smoothly.
WHAT IT TAKES:
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Individual with working knowledge of manufacturing processes & must be extremely detail oriented to hold tight tolerances & leave proper grindstock for post heat treat grinding. In addition, we require:
1. 5+ years of Gage Experience
2. Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures involving these machines
3. Strong knowledge of reading drawings, blueprints and specifications
4. Experience with very close tolerance and high quality work
5. The ability to execute complex set-ups requiring unique and non-routine methods
6. Solid understanding of metal properties and use of precision/non-precision instruments
7. Must possess strong basic math skills
A STRONG CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
Ability to understand and read complex detailed assembly drawings & understand function.
CAD/CAM in conjunction w/ SOLIDWORKS experience or desire to apply or learn
What's In It for You
Our Compensation Package includes:
· We offer highly competitive hourly wage
· Company paid health care benefit
· Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
· Opportunity to progress and advance
· Incentive plan based on individual and company performance
· Opportunities for overtime available based on workload.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE GAGE SHOP EXPERIENCE
CONTACT JEFF SMITH JR / MIKE RAINNEY AT (248) 545-2100
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!