Dust Mixer Job Description Sample
Sheet Metal & Dust Collection Installer
- Read engineering drawings, sketches and work specifications to be performed, and lay out, measure and mark sheet metal according to drawings or templates
- Develop patterns for sheet metal .
- Operate metalworking machines such as shears, brakes, punches, and drill presses, including computer numerical control (CNC) equipment to cut, bend, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal
- Operate computerized plasma cutting equipment to cut sheet metal
- Install and use rigging and hoisting equipment
- Fit and join sheet metal parts using riveting, welding, soldering and similar equipment to fabricate products such as ventilation shafts, exhaust hoods, partition frames, dust collection piping, material handling systems, roof decking and sheet metal buildings
- Install sheet metal products according to specifications and building codes
- Grind and buff seams, joints and rough surfaces
- Inspect product quality and installation to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Sheet metal workers may specialize in onsite installation or shop manufacture of sheet metal products, or servicing and maintenance of installed equipment and systems.
The right person would be very proficient in STICK & MIG welding, Stainless Steel & Aluminum TIG welding is a big plus.
The right person would require very little to no supervision after given a job assignment.
Must submit to and pass pre-employment drug screening and also take random screenings as required by MDOT to maintain CDL.
Must possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License, must be able to obtain a chauffeurs license and or a CDL.
The right person would need to commit to a M-F, 8-4:30 work week, but be willing and able to work extended and weekend hours with very little notice.
Dust Collector Operator - DS (Fn80#147-17)
Today, the company operates 400,000 square foot manufacturing facilities and two state‐of‐the art foundries in Hanover, Pennsylvania, and an additional 69,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Wytheville, Virginia. While our number of employees, facilities and processing equipment has grown over the years, our basic philosophy has remained the same. Our employees are committed to providing our customers with the best possible product in design, quality, cost and service.
Employees of Sheppard are provided the opportunity to learn and develop new skills to reach their full potential. Our culture is to promote the advancement of employees who achieve results. This environment has helped the company retain many of our employees for the majority of their working careers, creating an overall average length of service that is among the highest in our industry.
Position Overview: The primary responsibility of this position is to analyze and diagnose dust collector equipment issues and execute light to moderate maintenance and repairs. Incumbent will work under minimal supervision.
Responsibilities captioned below are considered essential job functions: Position
Adhere to established safety procedures and 5 “ S ” standards (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain the cycle) required to perform daily duties in this position, including the proper techniques used in lifting/moving of parts
Communicate diagnosis to Supervisor to obtain necessary parts or supplies to complete repair
Perform routine preventive maintenance, service, and maintain dust collectors; such as dust bags, belts, motors, pulleys, cages, and blowers; periodic assistance from a maintenance mechanic may be needed
Inspect plumbing, duct work, airlines, etc. while operating the dust collector
Follow manufacturers’ outline, work from prints, manuals, charts, or verbal instructions, and maintain a clean and orderly work place.
Maintain accurate work orders, logs of maintenance and repairs performed to specific equipment
Create and coordinate the re-bagging schedule
Responsible for following environmental requirements outline and documenting accordingly
Read and record Laempe machine readings
Conduct furnace inspections
- Other duties as assigned; flexibility in work schedule; ability to work overtime as needed Working Conditions/Physical
General shop and machine tool noise, dirt, dust, sand, grease, high temperatures, and coolants from the operation of machine tools and the assembly of machines and equipment.
Normal working position is standing or walking through the plant. Some repetitive lifting/moving is required, depending on the daily assignment or tasks being performed. Will work from heights, using a ladder, platform, scaffolding inside or outside of the plant and in wide temperature extremes.
Will work in confined space areas and will operate genie boom and forklift. The weight can range up to 75 lbs therefore proper lifting/moving techniques, i.e. use of a crane, are required in excess of 40 lbs. Tools Required:
Standard machine tools are required to perform most of the daily responsibilities (socket set, adjustable wrenches, screw drivers, pliers, and flashlight). Any specialized tools or measuring equipment will be provided by the company as needed. Standard Shift Hours: Mon - Fri: 6am-3:30pm Benefits: Paid Time-Off Paid Holidays Medical Insurance with Flexible Spending Account Free Medical Clinic for Employees and Dependents Dental & Vision Insurance Life, STD & LTD Life Assistance Program 401(k)
Bell Labs Summer Intern - Dust Project
Bell Labs Summer Intern - Dust Project Murray Hill, New Jersey, United States Research & Development BLCTO Bell Labs & CTO 1700000MKKRequisition # Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts Join our Bell Labs project to evaluate the impact of environmental dust on the reliability and performance of telecom equipment. Get a world-class experience in the science of dust monitoring and testing.
Interest, training and skills in the chemical interactions of materials in a real-world environment are required. Help change the way people connect with the world… Bell Labs, the Nobel Prize winning research organization, is accepting applications for our competitive internship program. Bell Labs defines Nokia’s technological and architectural vision for the ICT industry, identifies the key challenges in this vision and invents solutions that are an order of magnitude (10X) better than existing solutions.
It advises the industry on the economics of the visionand underlying technologies, and how best to transform to most efficiently achieve the goals. Driving thought leadership among customers and the industry strengthens Nokia’s role as a market leader and creator. Discovering the possibilities that shape the human experience are at the heart of everything we do. Our interns will have the opportunity to learn from and work with world experts, and the best and brightest minds, whosolve the most formidable networking and communications challenges confronting our world through disruptive innovation and research.
Our researchers are continually massively scaling the capabilities of networks from the data center to the end device, to change the way we live and work, by inventing breakthrough technologies to make networks and systems faster, smarter and greener. As well as providing hands-on educational and collaborative experiences for a pool of talented and highly motivated students, our internship program will expand your field of study by exposing you to an unparalleled diversity of people, expertise and perspectives. In classic Bell Labs style, you will leave changed forever by an experience that will redefine your future.
Student Criteria:Overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 or above.Must be enrolled as a full-time student. Work Authorization: U.S.
Citizen or Permanent Resident preferred. Will accept students on F-1 Visa dependent upon program requirements or may consider sponsoring short-term J1 Visa PhD students dependent upon program requirements. Education Requested: Must be pursuing a BS, MS or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related Engineering or Science field, from an accredited college/university.
Chemical Mixer / Mixer
We have an opportunity for a candidate with prior mixing experience. This position will work with hazardous chemicals (powders). Although this is a 2nd shift 3 pm - 11 pm
*opportunity the selected candidate will train on 1st shift.
1. Ability to read and understand basic work order instructions and scheduling
2. Understand steps required to complete work orders and label requirements
3. Must be able to perform in process testing to ensure material conformance
4. Perform visual inspection of all mixing equipment
5. Perform basic preventative maintenance on mixing machinery
6. Ability to read and understand work order and scheduling instructions
7. Maintain appropriate inventory levels to ensure continuous production
8. Knowledgeable of at least one type of formulation/mix process independently (initially)
1. Advanced math skills
2. Possess good computer skills
3. Good written & verbal communication skills
4. Ability to read & write in English
5. Comprehension of written instructions
6. Attention to details
7. An ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs. regularly
8. An ability to safely operate equipment and necessary tools
Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking qualified candidates as a chemical mixer/operator. Our client is a manufacturer of industrial coatings and adhesives based in Lynn, MA.
This position is responsible for the safety and quality manufacturing of polyurethane polymers and adhesives for industrial use, including batch mixing, equipment operations and packaging of the end product.
- Batch mixing of chemicals in the production of polyurethane polymers and adhesives by utilizing standard operating procedures
- Equipment operations, including start-up and shut-down of process equipment while maintaining/documenting/controlling manufacturing process
- Stage, Weigh, Use, and Add raw materials to various containers
- Performing packaging functions of different products and containers
- Transferring stock via use of forklift and other powered industrial equipment
- Cleaning of reactors and vessels
- Must be able to work 8 to 12-hour shifts. Weekend and other overtime work may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment including safety shoes, safety glasses, hard hats, dust mask, rubber gloves, face shields, respiratory and other protective equipment as required
- Work safely when performing job responsibilities
- Must be able to move 500-pound drums after proper PHYSICAL training manually
- Cleaning involves the use of hand scrapers and other tools for cleaning
- Ability to wear various types of respirators (cartridge, fresh air, or self-contained). Facial hair around the sealing surface of the respirator is not allowed
- Must have sufficient ability and strength to operate process equipment, turn valves, etc.
- Must be able to operate lift truck and hand tools, such as drills, pliers, screwdrivers, and scrapers
- Must be able to read and understand process batch sheets containing product process directions and safety precautions
- Must be able to write legibly and record results accurately
- Required to stand up to 90% of working day with frequent walking, intermittent stopping and bending while operating equipment, drumming, etc.
Must be able to tolerate the elements as you would be going in and out of buildings at times.
- Material handling experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift and stack 50-55 lb drums/pails and bags in substantial quantities
- Inventory control skills experience
- Forklift driving experience required
- HAZWOPER experience a plus
- High school diploma, GED or verification of specific knowledge
- Have no known sensitivity or history of skin or respiratory allergies to dust, dirt, or chemicals to which there may be workplace exposure if an allergic reaction could create a safety or health hazard
- Must be able to hear process, fire and fork truck alarms; also, plant page system
- Good math and communication skills
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Lynn, MA
- High school or equivalent
- Forklift Operator: 1 year
- Chemical Operator: 1 year
- Inventory: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
Mixer Drivers - Class A & B CDL
Class A and B Truck Drivers - Knight's Redi-Mix needs YOU!
Business is booming, and we're expanding our fleet of trucks. Experience is preferred but training is available. We are a family-owned business with over 45 years invested in the local economy. We are seeking qualified drivers for our Blythewood, Irmo, and Lugoff plants.
- Valid CDL
- Good Driving record
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Current DOT physical
- Flexible with availability
- Works well with others
- Competitive Wages
- Guaranteed Minimum Hours
- Monthly Bonus Opportunity
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Well-maintained fleet of new and refurbished trucks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
Apply online or in person at one of our locations between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Please include a current copy of your 10-year MVR, as well as names, full addresses and phone numbers for all previous employers with your application.
- 301 Western Lane, Irmo, SC
- 225 Hobart Road, Blythewood, SC
- 266 Evans Road, Lugoff, SC
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
The original company, Knight's Septic Tank, was founded in 1969 by CEO, Michael E. Knight which is now Knight's Companies and includes: Knight's Precast, Knights Redi-Mix, Knights Septic Tank and Knights Trucking, all of which strive to provide quality products and service to our friends and family in the construction industry.
Lead Ingredient Mixer Controller - 2Nd Shift
Job Title: Lead Mixer Controller 2nd Shift (3:30pm to midnight) - Flexible to work OT as needed
Starting Pay: $18-$20hr based on experience
This position is responsible for leading a team of mixers and preparing various dry mix products for packaging and sale.
· Act as lead for the 2nd shift Mixing crew
· Help prepare various dry mix products for packaging and sale
· Read/interpret mixing schedule and implement
· Operate forklift to transport and stack ingredients
· Weigh up ingredients per batch sheet and mix schedule
· Provide QA with product samples
· Document mixing activity
· Maintain clean work environment
· Must also be able to communicate in English
· Know how to perform routine maintenance tasks
· Must be available to work off shifts.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must have high school diploma or GED
· 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience with mixing ingredients a plus
· Previous experience as a lead or supervisor required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong communication skills with the ability to delegate and lead a team.
· Good familiarity with the product and pack quantity.
· Good familiarity with code dating.
· Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Use of broom and trash bin.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
· Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, darkness and/or noise. Seasonal exposure to weather elements includes, but is not limited to, extreme temperatures, wetness and humidity.
· Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks such as working around mechanical equipment, forklifts, chemical hazards, and electrical hazards.
· Position requires the ability to stand at the will-call window, sitting frequently at a desk, walking around the office and plant; carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; reaching and kneeling on a daily basis. Also requires the ability to see, hear and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
· Personal protective equipment, as defined by C.H. Guenther and Sons will be provided.
· Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
Mixer Truck Driver
Deliver concrete to our customers in a helpful, courteous and safe manner. Observe all of Graniterock policies and procedures. Maintain daily vehicle inspection reports, assuring that each vehicle is safe and well maintained. Assure product quality to the best of the Driver’s ability. Notify the Dispatcher of job site information and conditions. Maintain the appearance of the mixer truck. Work in the yard performing maintenance, cleaning and improvement duties as required. Work in alignment with Graniterock Safe Work Practices, Core Purpose, Values, and Objectives, and support "One Company" principles.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
SKILLS: Must have a Class A or Class B Driver’s License with tanker endorsement, be a team player, have good communication skills and be safety conscious.
EXPERIENCE: 1 yr. Driving a three-axle rig or larger.
SKILLS: Knowledge of the local area, local contractors and/or concrete construction practices.
EXPERIENCE: Mixer driving experience.
OTHER COMMENTS: Must have valid CA Driver's License and clean driving record. Work is covered under an agreement with the Teamsters Local 853.
Please visit www.graniterock.com to complete an online application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mixer Machine Operator
Innovative Baking, Old-Fashioned Excellence
Brooklyn, New York; Newark, New Jersey (1 mile from Newark Airport)
DAMASCUS BAKERIES is a 3rd Generation Bakery founded in 1930. We have two baking facilities: Brooklyn, New York; Newark, NJ, our newer 125,000 sq. ft. facility, which is being transitioned into our primary Bakery, R&D Center and Corporate Offices. Our products include Pitas, Lavash, Wraps, Flatbreads, Pizza Crusts, Breadsticks, Sandwich Buns, and more. We have a very strong- and even historic- presence in the Metro New York market. Since 2000, we have expanded our capacity and distribution to the National Market, supplying and partnering with many of America's top QSR's, Casual Dining Restaurants, Food Service Establishments, Retail, Club and Natural Stores, Institutions, Distributors, and other Bakeries. For many of our customers, we have been the Product Development arm that has created some of America's most Successful and Award Winning Flatbreads.
We are an SQF Level 3 facility that currently employs between 150-200 people, some who have been with us for more than 40 years. We are a company that thrives to "Bake a Difference". We are a company that is also responsible to its communities and environment.
We are seeking a very "Project Minded" and "Pro-active" Team player to help us grow in our production department.
Weigh ingredients according to company formula and operate robotic mixing system. Produce high quality dough and finished product by maintaining standards of quality, efficiency, food safety and personal safety.
Ø Must be able to read (English) and do basic mathematics.
Ø Must adhere to company rules of conduct and operating standards.
Ø Must adhere to all GMP’s and Safety regulations.
Ø Ability to operate a scale and follow formula sequence.
Ø Ability to work with a computer program and follow standards of operation.
Ø Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
Ø Ability to follow direction and maintain attention to detail.
Ø Ability to maintain in writing, detailed mixing records.
Ø Ability to effectively communicate with Supervision and other operators.
Ø Check and verify the production order with the Supervisor.
Ø Input formula number, size of dough and quantity in batching system.
Ø Input formula number and quantity in San Cassiano system.
Ø Check program parameters for mix time, cycle time, fermentation time and scrap dosing. Make certain they are consistent with product requirements.
Ø Adjust program parameters under the guidance of management only.
Ø Fill ingredient bins with ingredients that are to be scaled.
Ø Check formula and weigh ingredients accordingly.
Ø Dump measured ingredients into mixing system and ensure all bulk ingredients are dispensed.
Ø Maneuver mixing bowls within the mixing system if required.
Ø Run cleaning cycle when required.
Ø Make sensory observations of dough’s and inform management of potential quality issues.
Ø Write all formulation and processing information on dough records.
Ø Maintain the mixing time, dough temperature and dough sequence as per posted standards.
Ø Make manual adjustments to compensate for program malfunctions if that occurs.
Ø Keep up with the flow of production and ensure the line does not run out of dough.
Ø Report any and all mechanical malfunctions do not attempt repairs to equipment.
Ø Maintain a clean and neat work area.
A mid-size family owned business, located in Zellwood, FL seeks a highly motivated, experienced and productive individual to join our production team as a Plant Operator.
Position Responsibilities Makes batch mixes using established formulations and methods in a manner to ensure that safety, quality and production goals are met on a daily basis.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 65lbs. • Wearing a respirator when/where required to perform inspections/job duties. • Wearing a chemical suit when/where required to perform certain job duties. • Strong verbal and written communication skills. • Ability to gather and evaluate complex information. • All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting environmental compliance in the fertilizer industry or other industrial manufacturing.
· Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
· Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
· Observes safety and security procedures.
· Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Monitoring gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work at a fast pace in order to meet department units and production needs.
· Provide attention to detail and ability to produce results.
· Ability to interact with team members and meet strict deadlines.
· Must be mechanically inclined, with valves and pumps and machinery. Education and Certification
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Mathematical Ability- Ability to calculate basic figures with great attention to detail.
· Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Salary: $12.00 to $20.00 /hour depending on ability and experience.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!