Dynamite Reclaimer Job Description Sample
Teller - Part Time - Tatum & Dynamite
As a Teller you will spend each day giving every customer an exceptional experience, working with your branch team to ensure their financial transactions are completed accurately and efficiently. You will also play a key role helping customers understand the technology in the branch and proactively helping them access that technology via multiple self service channels. Additionally, you’ll have an opportunity to create a connection and develop rapport with customers to provide outstanding personalized service in order to understand their most important financial needs, and engage the appropriate team member with the expertise to meet their needs. Tellers who are successful in making referrals may be eligible for monthly incentives.
Educate and engage clients on the various technological tools available to them to improve their banking experience.
Demonstrated ability in providing a great customer experience by engaging customers in conversation and educating customers on the various products and services available to them.
Ability to identify client needs and refer to appropriate branch team members.
Minimum 6 months of customer service experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Ability to work a flexible schedule; which may include evening and weekends
Ability to pay close attention to detail and time management
Proven track record of success working well in a team environment
Must be flexible on work location based on branch/market staffing needs JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Plant Maintenance Specialist - Ready Mix Concrete
Knight's Redi-Mix is seeking a full-time Plant Maintenance Technician to ensure that our wet-batch concrete plant in North Charleston operates in a clean, safe, environmentally compliant, and efficient manner. This position will cross-train to provide light mechanical repairs and check ins, concrete batch operators, and operate a front-end loader to provide yard support as needed. Some nights and weekends will be required.
- Perform routine periodic maintenance and repairs on the wet batch ready-mix concrete plant and plant equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues as needed.
- Coordinate with Plant Maintenance Manager, Welding Manager, and/or Construction Manager as needed to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Identify replacement parts and supplies as needed to ensure successful plant operation; follow Accounting procedures for procurement, and coordinate with Purchasing and Plant Maintenance Manager to request.
- Communicate with plant crew, quality control technicians, maintenance team, and sales representatives to ensure successful daily operations.
- Respond to repair calls outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Perform daily mixer truck check-ins in accordance with Maintenance Shop specifications and schedule.
- Perform light repairs on Mixer Trucks as needed; complete repair orders and send to Maintenance Shop when completed.
- Contact Maintenance Shop to report truck issues and repairs when needed.
- Serve as opening or closing batchman; finish batching loads as scheduled.
- Ensure that all material tickets are entered into back office and put all items (batch tickets, material tickets, daily truck sheets and any other receipts that may come in) in an envelope to be taken to the main office.
- Record fuel on sheet from drivers and enter into computer daily.
- Schedule drivers for next day with times from dispatch when needed.
- Convey all pertinent information to the relieving batch man regarding equipment and personnel for the next work day.
- Troubleshoot mix problems as they arise.
- Ensure that all trucks and drum are washed out, reclaimer has been taken care of and plant is shut down properly at the close of shift.
- Operate front end loader as needed.
- Ensure that all company safety regulations and policies are followed at all times.
- Ensure that all company environmental regulations and policies are followed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in ready mix plant maintenance and /or operations required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with automotive or diesel equipment maintenance required.
- Must have a valid South Carolina Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to safely use miscellaneous tools, such as sledgehammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pneumatic hammer/drill.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others.
- Must be able to work varying work shifts with varying start and stop times.
- Overtime work plus nights may be required.
- Experience complying with OSHA and state environmental regulations required.
- Understanding of ready mix quality control testing and specifications preferred.
Apply on-line or in-person at 480 Hodge Road, Bldg. 5, Summerville, SC 29483, Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
Drug Free Workplace / Equal Opportunity Employer
The original company, Knight's Septic Tank, was founded in 1969 by CEO, Michael E. Knight which is now Knight's Companies and includes: Knight's Precast, Knights Redi-Mix, Knights Septic Tank and Knights Trucking, all of which strive to provide quality products and service to our friends and family in the construction industry.
Dawb- Machine Operator
Description/Job SummaryI. POSITION OBJECTIVE Perform manufacturing operations which will result in efficiently producing a flexible product on a timely basis that meets all the customer's product specifications.
Assist in setting up and operating thermoplastic extruders and associated production equipment to convert plastic resins into blown film for flexible plastic sheeting and tubing. Assist other team members in performing operations according to sound production methods to make sure a product is being produced and packaged that meets the customer's specifications. II. QUALIFICATIONS * Minimum of a high school diploma, or equivalent
Proficiency in reading, writing, and basic math
Must be able to read a ruler and measure in US standards
Two (2) years equivalent job experience in the Extrusion discipline desired
Be familiar with and able to operate a file extruder and related equipment
Need a reliable means of transportation to work to arrive at your designated shift on time
Experience driving a fork truck preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel both in writing and verbally
Must be legal to work in the US
III. TRAINING* Previous experience and/or training is ideal, but not required. IV.
AUTHORITY/DECISION MAKING Periodically observe and check finished film coming off the production lines and if detects sub-standard product takes immediate corrective action to eliminate any problems. Report all problems to technician or supervisor, if needed. V. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESA. JOB TASKS & DUTIES * Perform a variety of duties related to the operation of a Film Extruder and auxiliary equipment.
Capable to work from Sales Orders (Shop Orders = SO), Special Instruction Sheets and verbal instructions.
When directed or necessary, perform setups and/or changeovers by determining Resin Blend, Roll Length, Width, Gauge, Core Size and type, Dyne Level and Film Conformation from the SO in order to perform setup or changeovers with or without a Technician. In addition, set Heat Pattern for resin being used, adjust and coordinate the Extruder speed, Internal and External air to achieve proper size, gauge and width.
Set up Winder with proper cores and perform cutovers. Make required adjustments during a SO to maintain either customer or Danafilms specifications. Report all setups, changeovers and/or adjustments to a Technician.
Remove completed roll(s) from Winder(s) as quickly and safely as possible, inspect for defects such as Scratches, Melt fracture and Pinholes. Perform required Quality checks, weigh, label, package and record production as well as weigh and record all scrap on assigned line(s) and transport to the designated area.
Change Screenpack, Clean Breaker Plate and area around it. Clean Die, Nip Rolls and Treater Rolls during required shutdowns.
Clean Reclaimer, Resin Filter(s) and Ilder Rolls as necessary or when directed to. Operate Reclaimer or the Repellitizer to recover scrap produced.
Operate Fork Trucks, Platform Trucks, Tilt Locks, Overhead Cranes, Hydraulic Jack, Pallet Jack and miscellaneous hand tools as necessary.
Assure empty boxes or gaylords are collapsed, Danafilms Labels are removed and boxes or gaylords are neatly stacked in the correct area.
Work with Technicians to learn how to perform setups and changeovers. Show willingness to advance by learning technical instructions in booklets, such as Blenders, Extruders etc., both on your own and with the Technicians and Supervisors help.
Report unusual conditions, circumstances, broken or missing equipment immediately to the Production Supervisor or a Technician.
Maintain equipment and work area in clean, orderly and safe condition at all times.
Perform assignments in conformance with health and safety requirements.
Perform all required quality checks and complete neatly and accurately all associated forms.
Perform Web Check looking for all visual defects that can be seen.
Perform other related duties as required or directed.
Expected to work Overtime beyond your normal work week.
Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.
Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
Able to work at heights
Other duties as assigned by management * B. MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, ELECTRONIC DEVICES & SOFTWARE* * Operate Fork Trucks, Platform Trucks, Tilt Locks, Overhead Cranes, Hydraulic Jack, Pallet Jack, Presto lifts and miscellaneous hand and measurerment tools as necessary (i.e.rulers, calipers.micrometers etc.). C.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION A. Climbing, ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
B. Balancing, maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. C. Stooping, bending body downward and forward by bending spine and waist. / Example:
Changing paper in printer, copier machine./ D.
Kneeling, bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees. E. Crouching, bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. F. Crawling, moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
G. Reaching, extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. / Example: Giving signals, reaching for material or handle on item./ H. Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time. / Example:
Making copies, giving presentations, directing traffic./ I. Walking, moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances. J. Pushing, using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
K. Pulling, using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. L. Lifting, raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. DEGREE OF LIFTING: less than, or equal to 70 lbs M.
Fingering, picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm as in handling. N. Grasping, applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm. O. Feeling, perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
P. Talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; via face to face or telephone. Q. Hearing, perceiving the nature of sounds with no less than a 40 db loss @ 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz and 2,000 Hz with or without correction. Ability to receive verbal communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
R. Repetitive motions, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers. / Example: Filing, sorting mail, starting ignition of machinery./ D. VISUAL ACTIVITY REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION A.
Machine operation, inspection, close assembly, clerical and administrative duties. C. Mobile equipment operations; operate fork lifts, cranes and high lift equipment. D. Other criteria based on accuracy and neatness of work. / Example:
Cleaning personnel, sweepers, janitors, cooks./ E. Position requires individual to differentiate colors, depth and perception. E. WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS SUBJECTED TO IN THIS POSITION A.
Inside environmental conditions protected from weather conditions, not necessarily temperature conditions. B. Outside environmental conditions, no effective protection from weather. C. Inside and outside environments apply.
D. Subject to extreme cold; temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour. E. Subject to extreme heat; temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour. F. Subject to noise, causing reason to shout in order to be heard above the noise level.
G. Subject to vibration, exposure, fluctuating movement of the body. H. Subject to hazards such as moving machinery, electrical currents, falling debris, exposure to chemicals, gases, high heat or explosives. I. Subject to unregulated atmospheric conditions caused by odors, fumes, gases, poor ventilation and dusts. J. Subject to oils and other cutting fluids via touch or air. /EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled/
Do you want to be a part of a cooperative, inclusive, and high -performance environment? Well today is your lucky day because Celanese may be the company you are looking for. Let us explain what Celanese is all about and how our system works. Celanese Corporation is a Fortune 400 company. Our headquarters are located in Dallas, Texas. With nearly 7100 employees located throughout our 31 global facilities, we are an industry leader in using advanced technology to produce materials included in products vital to everyday use such as automotive, electronics, pharmaceuticals, and paints. Our company takes pride in maintaining management of high financial, social, safety and environmental responsibility in everything it does. We are recognized by Glassdoor for treatment of our employees and global customers, and offer our employees outstanding benefits, including a 401K designed to ensure long term financial security. Our company focuses on the cooperation of its employees, provides competitive salary, and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more information about Celanese and our products please visit www.celanese.com. Purpose and Summary of position: The production operator position is an extrusion machine operator position that requires broad knowledge of production processes, equipment troubleshooting, equipment operation, packaging procedures, health and safety policies, and quality policies. Individuals are expected to run up to two extruders along with other production pieces of equipment such as tote tumblers, and the screw/element oven with minimal supervision in a participative team environment. This position is responsible for reading and complying with the Company's Environmental and Quality Policies. This position is also responsible for reporting to management deviations from the policy when they are observed. Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Assume personal responsibility for safety performance and demonstrate a genuine concern for the safety of co-workers.
Must maintain acceptable housekeeping standards.
Comply with all safety/health related policies and procedures, participate in company sponsored safety programs and activities, and report to management those conditions or actions by employees or others that might create a hazard to themselves or others in the plant.
Setting up one or two extruders to run a product that is in accordance with standard operating conditions with minimal downtime and loss of product. This includes the setting of feed totes and product totes.
Must be able to learn to use tote tumbling and screw/element oven equipment. Maintaining proper records, which includes run logs/sheet, feed blends on line, amount of product in totes, packaging reports, work orders, log books and keeping the on-coming operator informed as to important issues.
Completing a product turn-around, which includes cleaning the extruder barrel and screws, the feeder, the chopper, the classifier, the reclaimer system, the automatic bagger, and feed and product totes to prevent product contamination. Requires familiarity in the operation and uses of various hand tools.
Must successfully complete and maintain a drivers license for operation of a fork-lift.
Requires ability to meet the quality expectations for manufacturing. This includes: understanding and applying appropriate control techniques, e.g., control charts; as required, accurately sampling the material made so that the laboratory can accurately analyze the physical properties of the product, and working with the supervisor to make the necessary corrections to the product to meet specifications.Review and understanding of the policies and procedures contained in standard operating procedures, hazardous communication and waste disposal procedures.
Environmental, and physical requirements of this position include: working 12 hour rotating shifts, overtime, working in confined spaces around 300 - 575 degree Fahrenheit extrusion equipment, working at elevated heights, regular climbing of stairs and ladders, regular crouching, ability to wear a partial respirator to protect against dust and fumes, ability to lift 55 pound bags (floor to chest), frequent walking, standing and reaching in front of body, functional sensory skills, i.e., hearing, sight, speech, smell and feel, full use of both hands, handling, good finger dexterity, ability to deal with hazardous situations and materials, and effective communication skills. Frequent climbing on/off fork-lift.Other required protective equipment includes: hard hats, safety shoes, hearing protection, bunny suits, and safety glasses.
Good communication Skills Required Desirable Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Troubleshooting processing problems with the product. This includes, but is not limited to surging, black specks, improper pellet size, pellets with tails and contaminated product. Requires knowledge of how and when to post-blend material.
Troubleshooting equipment failure and repairing. This includes but is not limited to, bat thermocouples, broken pigtails, vacuum leaks, vacuum conveying problems, timing heat sealer to conveyor belt on bagging machines.
Basic mechanical and a sound mathematics aptitude which includes the ability to calculate percents, ratios, unit conversions, averages, as well as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Required Education:
High School Diploma or equivilent or 5+ years manufacturing experience External Company Name: Celanese International Corporation External Company URL: http://celanese.com/
This position is responsible for operating recycle lines and properly filling out paperwork in accordance with the job safety analyses (JSA’s), production schedule, set-up instructions, operating procedures, and quality specifications, etc.
Essential Functions &
- Understand and follow all JSA’s and safety procedures/policies
- Follow direction and work in a safe manner following all company policies and procedures
- Required to understand and know how to operate recycle line and properly fill out paperwork including production and downtime
- Assist in extrusion/recycle when necessary
- Required to dump proper RPP in silo on daily basis and keep entire area in a clean and organized fashion
- Assist in plant cleanup where and when necessary to include moving rolls and loading scrap
- Perform quality checks of material being produced and complete related documentation
- Complete daily production paperwork
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screen
- Ability to work 12-hour day and night rotating shifts
- Work overtime as required
- Satisfactorily complete training courses as determined by management
- Ability perform the essential functions of the job with our without accommodation
Requirements include, but are not limited to (all times are approximate):
- Sitting (1-2 hours)
- Standing (Constantly- 12 hours or more)
- Walking (Constantly 12 hours or more)
- Lifting (Regularly/Constantly):
- 0-10 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 10-20 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 20-50 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 100 lbs. or more (never)
- Carrying (Regularly/Constantly):
- 10-20 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 20-50 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 100 lbs. or more (never)
- Pushing (Often- 8-10 hours or more)
- Pulling, Twisting, Climbing (Often - each 8-10 hours)
- Balancing (Regularly/Constantly)
- Stooping, Kneeling, Crawling (Often - each 1-3 hours)
- Reaching, Grasping, Repetitive Motions (Regularly/Constantly each 8-10 hours)
Catalyst, a premier manufacturer of proprietary probiotic, organic, vitamin and mineral feed, and retail fertilizer products, is looking for a hard - charging B2B Sales Person. Experience in the ag industry helpful, but not an absolute. We need a person that can SELL; expertise in product line is less important than ability and motivation to SELL – SELL – SELL.
· Have an “out-sized” assertive personality – we’re looking for the person who does not hear the word “no”.
· Possess the ability to travel up to 50% of their time including overnights and multiple days.
· Have strong organization and communication skills.
· Have the ability to work independently and with a team to meet Marketing and Sales goals. Compensation will be heavily weighted towards sales performance.
· Be able to listen, understand and follow-up on customer needs.
With 85 years in this business, we have a diverse portfolio of products and offerings, plus the talent and ability to develop new and improved products at a steady pace. Our newest retail fertilizer products are selling in retail stores in your local area – we see room to grow our organic and probiotic product line in that segment as well!
Candidate will be required to:
· Grows sales of proprietary products through a combination of cold calls, follow-ups with existing customers, networking, and capability analysis and expansion.
· Able to generate leads for sales calls; capable of following up leads and generating sales from those leads.
· Works with the product development team to both enhance existing products and develop new products - to meet customer demand.
· Attends and participate in local, regional, and national agricultural shows as necessary - with a primary goal of selling product.
· Works with Marketing to help develop marketing and sales tools, and products to position yourself and the company for success.
Compensation dependent on sales performance.
Chef David LeFevre has carved a niche in Manhattan Beach with eclectic, chef driven restaurants focusing on soulful food, engaging service, hand crafted cocktails and boutique wine selections. Manhattan Beach Post opened in April 2011, Fishing With Dynamite in April 2013 and The Arthur J in June 2015. We are looking to recruit skilled, highly passionate, experienced and motivated Line with Dynamite.
A qualified Line Cook will possess a minimum of 1 years cooking experience in a chef driven concept, skilled in handling and grilling fish, shellfish, meat and vegetable, can follow specific direction, motivated to be the best they can be and extremely organized. This Culinarian will be expected to live and respect our culture of soulful cuisine. This position must meet and exceed the expectations of a Michelin Starred Chef and be undeterred to practice and sharpen their craft.
A flexible schedule is preferred - lunch and dinner hours will be required. Most of all we are looking for individuals passionate about their craft and working with incredible product. If you're a cook who gets excited about from-scratch-cooking, farmer's market produce and exploring cultural influences in cuisine than you're exactly what we're looking for. Any qualified candidate will possess humility, integrity and respect.
Office Manager Ar/Ap Guru
Snelling of Denver is a full-service staffing agency placing the best people with the best opportunities in Colorado. We are looking for a dynamite Office Manager/AP/AR Guru for a landscaping company located in Aurora.
AP/AR and general accounting experience required. A custom payroll and accounting program will be taught on the job. There is some sharing of duties with the other Office Manager. Duties include answering phones with a smile (NEC), filing, putting together simple spreadsheets, formatting newsletters and sending them out, putting together contracts (some of this is done on the typewriter), and putting work orders into Excel.
Taking initiative is important as this is a small office and you must wear many hats.
Excellent phone skills, a down to earth attitude and a thick skin is a must. This position supports multiple people so efficiency is key. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and 10-key. Prioritization and positivity are the keys to success.
Benefits include 6 paid holidays, vacation, and health benefits.
The dress is business casual.
If you have previous AP/AR and at least 1 year of general office experience, please reply with your most current, up-to-date resume, for immediate consideration.
Snelling takes the time to understand you. We want to know what your specific career goals are, and help make them a reality. By taking the time to personally interview you, we are able to understand your experience, personality, and needs. We understand that people thrive in supportive, motivating and challenging work environments. Let us be your partner in finding the right opportunity. With our 65 years of experience, Snelling is dedicated to providing the direction and resources that you need to succeed. Our team is here to help guide you through the process of finding your next right-fit job opportunity.
Contact Center Representative
A Dream Contact Center Representative Position For A Rapidly Expanding Company
American Technologies, Inc. (ATI) is looking for highly motivated Inside Sales professionals with heavy inbound and outbound sales experience who desire a dream job with a thriving and expanding organization. With hundreds of employees across the United States, ATI has established a positive and nurturing culture driven by its exceptional people. Our organization is growing nationwide, and our new contact center in Riverside requires the right team members to support the expansion.
American Technologies, Inc. (ATI) is a leader in restoration and recovery solutions. Our company is expanding rapidly. We need more dynamite team players for in-take and inside sales. If you have expertise converting leads into customers, and enjoy the thrill of selling services that make a difference in people’s lives, we have a job that is a perfect fit! We are looking for motivated and self-directed individuals who love working in a high energy sales environment.
Please note: THIS POSITION WILL RELOCATE FROM RIVERSIDE CA TO ANAHEIM CA LATE 2017 EARLY 2018.
What will I be doing?
In this customer-centric role, you will use your exceptional sales skills and savvy negotiation skills to confidently save and retain customers who call ATI from the various media platforms such as media advertising or partner referrals. Once they call us expressing interest in our services, it is your job to convert them to an appointment for our outside sales team! In addition, you will follow-up on all prospects until they decide on a partner to use. Our team approach ensures you will have quality training; a host of terrific leads; and superior support to help you convince our callers to become customers. We offer paid training and an aggressive incentive based compensation plan which includes base salary and plenty of leads! This is the job to have – as our company is sky rocketing thanks to our marketing efforts! This passion for the customer will ensure long-term customer satisfaction and in turn, reward you with a rich compensation package, as well as flexible & generous benefits.
Some of your Essential Job Functions:
● must be able to multi-task/Excellent written and oral communications
● must be bilingual- (English and Spanish)
● Responsible for skillfully retaining customers through positive customer relationship building.
● Save and re-sell the value of our products and services by properly aligning their features, benefits and price with the needs of our customers
● Adhere to productivity metrics to ensure all calls are handled in a timely and efficient manner
You are a match if you possess the following:
● Customer-centric mentality and passion for the customer
● Effective listening skills with high level of empathy to solve problems
● Ability to probe and correctly identify customer needs/concerns.
● Proven-track record of success building relationships over the phone.
● Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of sales-driven customer service.
What’s in it for you?
● Weekly contests and incentives! Fun, team-oriented culture!
● Growing family based company with 19 locations and growing.
● Robust benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, Matched 401(k) and Discounted cable, phone and Internet services!
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lumber Yard Material Handler
Now Hiring at Dunn Lumber Company!
Apply to any of our 9 great locations around the Puget Sound area!
Click "Apply" to see a full list of our open positions.
Nuts & Bolts (The Need to Know)
Working in the yard at Dunn Lumber is no easy task. You are on your feet most if not all of the day, and you will be outside in all sorts of weather conditions! Many of our employees have cancelled their gym memberships because working in the yard at Dunn Lumber is a workout in itself! Even more, this job requires a consistently upbeat attitude!
All In A Day’s Work (The Regular Duties)
- Picking & Loading: You’ll be meeting the customers in the warehouse and helping them load up their vehicles with the materials they purchased inside. You will also help them tie down their load and make sure they have everything they need.
- Stocking: Many of the materials we carry need to be stocked by hand. As materials are delivered to the yard by our vendors, our yard staff team is responsible for making sure they are put away!
- Engaging: Oddly enough, we expect that you interact with the customers. Ask them what project they are working on, get to know them, find out if they have any other building materials needs. Our goal is to build long-term relationships with our customers and you are part of that process.
- Cleaning: Keeping the yard clean is an important part of maintaining a safe working environment. Trash, banding, scraps, etc. all need to be picked up regularly to assure our yards are as safe as possible.
- Forklifting: After 90 days of employment, Dunn Lumber pays for you to become forklift certified! You will be able to move heavy material around the yard with ease!
Do You Measure Up? (Qualifications)
- Energetic: You either drink a lot of caffeine or you just happen to be a rare gem who is always moving. This job involves consecutive hours on your feet and requires an individual who doesn’t tire easily.
- Leader: We are constantly looking for individuals who strive to grow and improve. We need people who are accountable, resourceful, and hard working.
- Ethical: Working for a family owned, value based company can be very different than other jobs you may have had. We hire individuals who exhibit honesty and integrity. Please note we will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background check, if you will not pass, please wait to fill out an application and seek out employment with us at a time when you will pass both.
- Experienced: We prefer that you have some amount of previous knowledge of the building industry. Whether its working on your own DIY projects, or previously working for another company in the industry, we just want you to be in your comfort zone while at work.
- Customer-Focused: This is the big one. Dunn Lumber cares more about the customer’s happiness at the end of the transaction, than the dollar amount of the sale. Our customers write in to discuss their experience and we take those words very seriously.
- Intelligent: In a world of spell check, grammatical and spelling mistakes are just embarrassing. We need individuals who have a great attention to detail, are articulate in their thoughts and ideas, and can communicate clearly. Bilingual and multilingual are a huge plus!
It’s About Time (Work Schedule)
At Dunn Lumber we value your personal time just as much as you do! Most of our stores are hiring Full-Time employees for a schedule of 40 hours a week. Along with our dynamite weekday hours, Dunn Lumber has limited hours on the weekends, because we want you to have a life outside of work! The exact schedule can be discussed during the interview with the store manager.
Bringin’ Home The Bacon (Compensation & Benefits)
Dunn Lumber knows it asks a lot from its employees, which is why the executive team decided a long time ago to offer more than just a paycheck every two weeks. Alongside your hourly wage of $15.00, Dunn offers a comprehensive medical/dental/vision/prescriptions plan with 100% premiums paid for employees, and 50% premiums paid for dependents. All medical coverage plans are paired with a Health Savings Account, which Dunn deposits monthly contributions into to offset the cost of your medical services. Dunn Lumber offers a 401(k) program with an employer match. Dunn also offers Verizon Wireless discounts, birthday and anniversary gifts, life insurance with 100% premiums paid, a free Employee Assistance Program, free automatic payroll deposit, worker’s compensation coverage with 100% premiums paid, a generous paid time off accrual program (and donation policy!), tuition reimbursement, an employee purchase plan, countless training programs, mileage reimbursement, profit sharing, company parties and events, advancement opportunities (all our managers started at entry level,) long term disability, clothing and tool allowances, an awesome bounty program, and don’t forget the free coffee! We are constantly looking to improve the benefits we offer, because we want to attract the highest quality candidates!
Sounds Too Good To Be True? (It’s Not!)
If you would like to apply to work at Dunn Lumber Company, please click the button below. You may send your resume to the Recruiting department by replying to this post, but if you do not fill out an application online (or at the store) you will not be considered for a job with Dunn. We hope to see you wearing Dunn Lumber blue soon!
Whether your interests lie in sales, driving deliveries or customer service, we have an opportunity for you. Prior experience is helpful but not always required. Here at Dunn Lumber we care more about the character of the person we hire and how their personality traits will fit in with our fantastic team. It is important to keep Dunn Lumber a fun place to work and that starts with our employees! We want our customers to have a great experience each and every time they step foot into any Dunn Lumber location and that is completely dependent on us hiring the most upbeat and engaging individuals.
Follow the link to learn more about us at Dunn Lumber Company!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!