Dynamometer Tester Engine Job Description Sample
Performance Dynamometer Operator
At FCA, we want to empower you to bring your best. That is why we strive to create an environment where our core values of Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Cooperation, and Responsibility can thrive. At FCA, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with people who exemplify the entrepreneurial spirit and work together as a team to continually think bigger and bolder.
The Powertrain Dynamometer Mechanic and Fabricator will be responsible for conducting FCA powertrain durability testing on new engines and transmissions. The Mechanic will be responsible for preparing test articles for dyno testing and installing engines or transmissions in dynamometer cell, fabricating needed components to support test, maintain, diagnose, repair, monitor testing and maintain cell operation. The Mechanic will work in a team environment, alongside other skilled mechanics. As a UAW salaried represented employee, the mechanic is subject to any dues required by local/national agreements.
Please note: This position could be on 1st or 2nd shift as a UAW salaried represented employee.
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
In depth understanding of engine and transmission operation, assembly, diagnosis and repair
Automotive powertrain dynamometer experience
Understanding of dynamometer operation and data acquisition
Excellent fabrication skills including welding and basic machining (MIG and TIG)
Basic electrical diagnosis and repair skills
Proactive, self-starter mentality
Diagnostics and corrective action on powertrain
Fabrication skills for fixtures, exhaust, jigs and brackets
Dynamometer Test Technician II (#2018-208)
AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines. AVL North America has around 600 employees and 3 locations in Michigan: Plymouth – Headquarters, Ann Arbor and Bloomfield.
Dynamometer Test Technician II (#2018-208) Location: America: USA
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
Department: Test Bed Technology
AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc. is looking for a dyno test tech with at least 3 years of applicable experience. In this role candidates must have advanced engine knowledge and experience in engine testing. In addition, qualified candidates should also possess proficient communication skills with team members and customers. This opportunity is on 2nd shift and will work from 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm at the AVL Ann Arbor, MI location. The Dyno Test Technician II will set up, operate, and tear down experimental test components (engine, batteries, drivetrain etc…) in a test cell or test environment. In addition, the role will support other activities related to lab operations including calibration, maintenance, and housekeeping.
*Experience using AVL PUMA is preferred but not required. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
Performs test part installation and removal.
Conducts and observes standardized tests following test parameters and, as required, obtains and records data or ensures data has been captured by an automated system.
Troubleshoots problems encountered with test equipment or other items associated with conducting tests in field of specialization.
Conducts routine maintenance and repair on equipment, test components, etc. following established schedules and procedures.
Fabricates equipment and testing apparatus components following blueprints, engineering schematics, equipment manuals, handwritten or drawn notes.
Uses PC to generate reports and to store and retrieve data, including inventory maintenance, and ordering procedures.
Engages in safe work practices and advises supervisor on improvements to test equipment fabrication, installation, and operation to ensure a safe laboratory operation.
Maintains a clean, professional, and organized work environment and appearance.
Communicates test status and results with internal and external customers.
Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Read and follow schematics; equipment manuals; blueprints and drawings; and sample preparation and testing procedures.
Application of mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent housekeeping and organization skills.
May require associate's degree or equivalent training and 2-10 years of experience in the field or related area.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, procedures, and equipment associated with dynamometer lab testing.
Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Work under general supervision.
Seize the professional challenges and opportunities offered by a high-tech enterprise - join our international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application form or send your application to AVL North America, Inc / AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc. EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.avl.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling (734)-446-4301
Engine Lab Department Instrumentation Technician
The Instrumentation Technician will be working in an engine testing facility in Dearborn. This facility applies numerous testing methods and data acquisition software to support and conduct a variety of Engine, Powertrain, and Durability Tests. Duties and responsibilities include: Installation, troubleshooting, and repair of Special test components (accelerometers, Kulite transducers, strain gages, Vishay AMPs, thermocouple soldering). Building electrical cables, repairing electrical connectors, and modifying electrical breakout boxes. Calibrating and maintaining testing instrumentation. Supporting development and durability special testing and troubleshooting in an engine dynamometer facility. Interface with Technologists, Product Engineers, and Supervisors on updates/new test procedures, equipment and methods. Verify the calibration and maintenance of test equipment and test systems. Hook up instrumentation, diagnose / troubleshoot problems, conduct tests, change out components if necessary, and remove instrumentation as needed. Testing equipment includes Emission benches, fuel flow meters, smoke meters, pressure transducers, torque meters, accelerometers, and thermocouples.
High School Diploma required.
Basic background in engine electronics troubleshooting, Kulite pressure transducer experience, Thermocouple soldering experience, knowledge of Vishay AMPs, accelerometer experience, strain gage, and ability to read schematics/wiring diagrams a must. Understanding how DMM's, O-Scopes, and other electronic testing devices are used. Good interpersonal, computer, oral and written skill.
Associate Degree or equivalent in automotive technology or electronic related field. Experience in engines/powertrain dynamometer testing or other similar testing techniques preferred. Understanding of instrumentation used in an automotive test environment, such as pressure transducers, thermocouples, accelerometers, etc. are highly preferred. Understanding of instrumentation calibration and calibration standards. Horiba exhaust analyzer experience or other analyzer experience preferred.
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position (specify and provide % of time required)
Lifting: Up to 50 lbs., instrumentation and dynamometer calibration plates, 35%
Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, slip resistant hardened toe shoes, gloves, long pants, short sleeve shirts, 100%
Unusual physical requirements: Sitting (50%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), Stooping (25%). Job requires manual labor
High noise level: Engine high noise level while running in the test cell, the employees are not exposed to engine speeds over idle while in the cell
Description of Work Environment (specify and provide % of time required)
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Inside, 100%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: Hot temperatures generated by engines. Cold start tests, the engine can be soaked to
- 20F, 50%
- Hazardous conditions
- What are they?: Rotating equipment, engines, hot exhaust, trip hazards, 100%
- Travel/transportation requirements: NA
- Other: NA
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks (specify and provide % of time required)
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Computers, analyzers, 70%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: NA
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Basic hand tools, hammer, screw driver, wrenches, ratchets, sockets, and other related engine repair tools, 30%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance (specify and provide % of time required)
Overtime, regular days, off days: 8 hours per day Monday – Friday. May need to flex time to cover other shifts as needed.
Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Afternoon shift, 3:00PM to 11:30PM (will train on day shift for a period to be determined)
Necessity for regular attendance: Critical, 100%
Urgency for punctuality: Critical, 100%
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary. Must have flexibility of work days to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions (List other essential functions here.)
Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required
Technical Specialist – Gasoline Engine Performance Development And Calibration
Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Plan and oversee vehicle and/or engine dynamometer tests to assess the performance, fuel economy, and emissions of new engine and engine systems technologies.
Plan and oversee vehicle, engine dynamometer, and component bench tests to develop new or refine existing engine hardware, controls, and calibrations.
Work closely with Design and Simulation engineers and provide guidance to help define engine performance related attributes for new engine programs.
Work closely with Control Systems engineers and provide guidance to help define engine performance related control software algorithms for new engine control features.
Specify test instrumentation and methodologies to meet measurement requirements for vehicle, dynamometer, and component bench tests.
Develop advanced vehicle and/or dynamometer test methods and procedures to improve engine hardware and calibration development processes.
Responsible for the detailed review of test results and data quality.
Prepare and present final technical reports, contributing interpretation of the data and key insights of the test results for internal management and outside customers. This activity also includes writing technical papers for publications at conferences.
Mentor Project Engineers on engineering and process topics
Fulfill and enforce FEV's ISO and Internal Quality policies as required.
Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is preferred
Minimum 7 years of industry IC Engine Development experience
Experience in Engine Calibration and Controls, combustion analytics, fuel chemistry, mechanical testing and tribology required
Expert knowledge of vehicle fuel economy and emissions regulations and test procedures
Competency with specialized engine development tools (e.g. INCA, Matlab/Simulink, Uni-Plot)
Competency in basic computer programming (e.g. Excel Macros, VBA, C++, LabView) and simulation skills (e.g. GTSuite) desired
Project leadership experience, analytical problem solving and strong interpersonal skills required
Excellent presentation and communication skills required
Labview Developer/Systems Tester
Type: Full-time direct employment with Vitaver Staffing Client
Salary: $140,000 to $160,000 range depending on your level of expertise.
Additional Information: Full benefits, relocation assistance, interview travel reimbursement available.
Description: Our Client, an American medical technology company that manufactures and sells medical devices, is looking for a Staff Test Engineer in San Jose, CA.
• Support and manage test development activities with responsibility for results in terms of costs and methods. Performs the activities of test development and test support;
• Translate product designs into testable assemblies and systems;
• Apply advanced automation techniques in support of developing easy to use, robust test fixtures that are scalable and modular;
• Stay abreast of industry technology through active training and application;
• Follow quality systems and procedures in support of medical products in regulated environment;
• Coordinate resolution of technical issues;
• Advance test concepts within the organization and company;
• Work in a cross functional environment with manufacturing engineering, quality, R&D, purchasing and logistics to ensure our products meet customer requirements. Through application of test fixtures and test processes;
• Work with suppliers to develop mechanical fixtures and tools;
• Create automation programs in-line with the test methodology;
• Engage early in the design process to assist with design concepts, design reviews, and feasibility studies;
• Supply support to contract manufacturing partners for outsourced test fixtures;
• Build and verify test solutions;
• Ensure technical issues are assessed and resolved. Ensures there is a closed loop corrective action in place to ensure closure;
• Implement, verify, and validate new test tools;
• Create test solution budgets to ensure adequate resources are provided and utilized in the most efficient and cost effective manner to meet operational objectives;
• Abide by company policies and procedures;
• Ensure effective use of material, standards, processes, equipment, and personnel in producing quality test solutions at a reasonable cost using industry standard tools and application;
• Support the training and coaching of the engineering and technician teams;
• Create and reviews team related SOP's to ensure adequate process control;
• Keep abreast of the basic requirements for FDA and ISO compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participate as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work. Bring regulatory compliance questions / issues to the attention of management;
• Follow BDIS Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policies and procedures. Take responsibility for safety in immediate work area. Participate in EH&S programs. Notify management of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment;
• Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
• Experience in LabVIEW Programming (required);
• Experience in testing (required);
• Experience in test automation (preffered);
• Experience in hardware (Electrical Engineering or Test) (7-10 years);
• Experience testing electrical and/or electro-mechanical assemblies or systems;
• Experience writing and reviewing test specifications and procedures;
• Experience with cGMP, with 21 CFR part 820, medical device manufacturing (preffered);
• Effective planning and organizational skills;
• Effective interpersonal skills;
• Effective English written and oral communication skills;
• Effective goal setting skills;
• Effective analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills;
• Effective presentation and meeting facilitation skills;
• Effective leadership and coaching skills;
• Demonstrated ability to promote teamwork and to motivate exempt and non-exempt associates;
• Knowledge of Python (preferred);
• Ability to create and manipulate typical data base technologies;
• CSE / EE (preferred);
•Certification (CLD) (required);
•BS in an engineering discipline, or related science discipline.
• Become a part of medical technology company that has a commitment to advance the world of health;
• Get enrolled into high-quality benefits including Physical wellness, Emotional well-being and Financial security;
• Become eligible for an annual incentive;
• Get an opportunity to receive significant long-term value by getting stock awards.
If this job is not for you, earn a $2,100.00 referral bonus in cash by referring a Candidate or a Client to us. Vitaver Referral Program is one of the most generous on the market!
Graham Technologies is hiring a Tester in Reston, VA. The successful candidate will be directly involved in redeveloping and executing test plans, procedures, and scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration, and acceptance testing
- Consulting with the development and/or requirements team to coordinate and test applications,
- Create automated test scripts
- Test existing applications for compliance with upgrades
- Ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment
- Writing detailed test plans, procedures, and scenarios and document the successes and failures of all executed test procedures and disseminate to the test team to ensure test team has clearly defined processes.
To land this position you must have an Active TS/SCI with CI Poly and some working knowledge of the below skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of work experience in lieu of degree
- Five (5) years of software testing experience
- Considerable knowledge of at least one automated performance test tool.
- Ability to create automated test scripts proficiently.
- Ability to interpret requirements and translate them into precise test cases.
- Experience with test procedure development, maintenance, and execution
- Familiarity with concepts of web-based software applications
- Familiarity with the concepts of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Knowledge of the SQL database query language to assess the state of the data before and after test transactions are performed.
- Ability to detect, report, and explain defects effectively.
- Ability to plan, set goals, and determine strategies for accomplishing results.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with customers and developer
- Web-based software development experience using Microsoft .NET is desired
- Experience with HP Unified Functional Testing software is desired
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
Quality Assurance Tester
Our client is looking to add QA Tester to their team in Jacksonville, FL. Our client is already recognized as the leader in website security providing solutions to protect companies? web presence from malware and other threats. Our client is also ranked a ?best place to work? by the Business Journal and recently rated ?best of cool? for their culture.
- ? Test case creation, management and maintenance
o The QA Tester will develop and maintain/manage all test cases for full suite of products
o Create and maintain all documentation ne3cesary
o Leverage MS Excel for functionality documentation of all test cases in detail, formatting and statistics
o Test positive and negative workflow and deem things in various critical stages while providing sample test data
- Automating regression test scripts
o Leverage KatalonStudio for testing automation
- Executing both manual and automated test scripts
o Conduct all QA reviews and Master Plans to determine which can and cannot be automated. Utilize tracking tool "point and click" video capture testing tool
o Manually test all/any functions of any portion of the product suite and custom solutions
- Completing functional unit tests on all tickets resolved by the engineering team
o Manual testing functional unit test, sometimes these are developer-fed scenarios
o Track tickets in Manuscript for both reporting issues as well as resolving and retesting issues
o Knowing what to provide to dev when reporting an issue is important
Reporting testing statistics and estimating effort needed
Completing exploratory testing to ?try to break it?
Understanding technical requirements
Identifying and documenting software defects and enhancements
Working closely with developers and product managers to determine testing requirements
Completing functional unit tests on all tickets resolved by the engineering team
Test reporting will be submitted to PM and approved by PM. Any/all issues found in terms of bugs will be entered in que. Experience with entering and task management is critical for developers to understand and attack the issue.
Basic SQL knowledge
- Simple queries to find test data, comparing front-end to DB, etc.?
- Basic API knowledge
- Having API testing (directly calling the API) experience
Strong critical thinking
Ability to multitask and prioritize
Experience with bug tracking tools
What you will test:
Internal sales admin apps
External custom customer dashboard (has products)
API (called directly, xml-based response)
Ticket management- knowing what to say in ticket
Use fogbugz turned manuscript?
The tech environment is as follows:
MySQL or equivalent database
Medical, dental, and vision benefits
15 days of PTO and 7 paid holidays
Company-paid life insurance
Short and long-term disability coverage
Fun team building events and activities
Free food - catered breakfast on Monday, lunch on Friday and snacks
New hire training and ongoing learning opportunities
Career growth opportunities
? Basic SQL
Knowing what to report to PM
?Experience working with dev teams to create and enter tickets efficiently to team standards
For fastest response email
Full Time Opportunity
What are we looking for?
An experienced Quality Assurance Software Test Engineer to guide the team in terms of test automation. It is your responsibility to support an Agile team in analyzing, designing, building and testing high-quality automated testing solutions that ensure our product meets customer expectations.
This is a hands-on, technical position, and as the QA Tester you must demonstrate a high level of technical aptitude and excellent problem-solving skills. A deep understanding of automated testing concepts and professional experience creating automated test scripts is required.
If you are an eager Tester with the ability to learn new skills and technology – we want to talk to you!
- 3+ years of web application or mobile application test experience – mobile experience is a plus
- Not looking for a coder, but definitely want a QA Tester with good understanding of coding
- Strong automation experience with Selenium – Cucumber, Jasmine, Mocha, Junit will work
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Build Systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Knowledge and experience in documenting test plans and test cases
- Work closely with scrum team members to evangelize the value of producing a high-quality product throughout the entire SDLC
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in user stories, technical requirements and acceptance criteria
- Create test plans, test cases and automation based on user stories and true business intent
- Develop modular and robust automated test scripts and infrastructure to ensure maintainability, extensibility and scalability
- Conduct test case and test script reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture functionality
- Communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written forms
- Continuously make improvements to agile processes, testing practices and QA methods
Senior Penetration Tester
We offer a competitive salary with a robust Fortune 500 type benefits package: employee assistance, employee adoption, 401K with match, medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, 15 paid time days off, 10 holidays, unlimited web-based training and up to $5K towards continuing education and/or professional development and more!
Founded in 2004, ApplyLogic is a Veteran Owned Small Business, ISO9001:2015 certified with over $7M annual revenues and 35 employees. Our growth has been recognized in the Washington Technology Fast 50 and the INC. 5000. We have an immediate Senior Penetration Tester position available in Laurel, MD.
Job Description and
- Actively hunt for Indicators of Compromise (IOC) and APT Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) in network and on host.
- Find evidence of attack, and attackers actions thereafter.
- Work with team to produce effective countermeasures against found evidence.
- Contributes to mitigations for future attacks of a similar nature.
- Analyze infrastructure build sheets, Configuration Management Database (CMDB), NIST 800-53 ATO artifacts, Vulnerability scans, Access Control Lists (ACL), and vendor documentation to thoroughly understand software behaviors and interactions. .
- Monitor open source and commercial threat intelligence for IOCs, new vulnerabilities, software weaknesses, and other attacker TTPs.
- Conduct forensic testing and operational hardening of multiple OS platforms.
- Analyze network perimeter data, flow, packet filtering, proxy firewalls, and IPS/IDS to create and implement a concrete plan of action to harden the defensive posture.
- Work with SOC shift team to help contain intrusions.
- Provides detailed requirements to team security engineers, SIEM specialists, and other team capability developers to provide reusable hunt tactics and techniques for other team analysts.
- Provide detailed input to watchlog and provide thorough pass-down.
- Ability to understand netflow and PCAP.
- Thorough knowledge of open source tools to visualize PCAP data (Wireshark, TCPDump, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of various forms of social engineering, including the ability to recognize and handle spear-phishing campaigns or other forms of social engineering attacks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows and Linux behaviors, logging, vulnerabilities, exploits, and known attacks.
- Use of IPSec packet filtering and Windows firewalls with specific application to defense in depth of network based attacks, data corruption, data theft, credential theft, and administrative control.
- Red Team/Blue Team experience from a federal agency
- Expert knowledge of network routing and switching fundamentals to include knowledge of Multiprotocol Layer Switching (MPLS)
- Deep technical understanding of operating systems, network architecture and design, Active Directory (AD) application log consumables, systems design as well as superior knowledge of technical operations process and procedures
- Knowledge of how encryption, key management and cryptology works in the enterprise and in cyber data
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture Standards such as the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), the Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), and/or the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework
- Knowledge in the Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37), Security Controls as described in NIST 800-35, and the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines (risk profiling, control selection, control assessment, control monitoring)
- Expertise in performing threat modelling, risk analysis, root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Expertise in Application Penetration Testing (fuzzing, reverse engineering, Fortify or similar, IDA Pro, Kali, BackTrack, OllyDbg, SQLMap, etc.)
- Expertise in Proof of Concept (Exploit) development
- Understanding of Secure SDLC (threat modelling, security requirements, secure design, secure implementation, secure testing, secure maintenance)
- Knowledge of Mobile Application Security and MDM sensor data
- Expertise in Embedded Device Security
- Expertise in Malware Analysis
- Understanding of various web application frameworks such as ASP.NET, J2EE
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience
- Preferred certifications
- Certified Computer Security Incident Handler (CSIH)
- Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Public Trust, or must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!