Dynamometer Tester Engine Job Description Sample
Engine Dynamometer Technician
The successful candidate should have an understanding of the following job requirements for this position.
Summary of duties:
Preparing, connecting, load testing, troubleshooting and repairing engines of multiple horsepower ratings in our Harrisburg, PA Construction Equipment repair shop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare engines in dynamometer prep area
Installation and removal of engines in test cell
Set up and operation of engine dynamometer
Conduct a variety of engine dynamometer testing
Installation and removal of engine-related hardware and accessories
Instrumentation of specific test equipment for evaluation purposes and data acquisition
Interface with Technicians, and Supervisors on updates/new test procedures, equipment, and methods
Maintain housekeeping in dynamometer prep area and test cell in compliance with contamination control guidelines
Complete necessary paper work and maintain record keeping
Requirements and Qualifications:
Associate's Degree in automotive, diesel related field or equivalent experience
Familiar with engine dyno related equipment a plus but not required
Self-starter; able to work independently with minimal supervision
Strong evaluation and problem-solving skills
Good written and oral communication skills are essential
Good working knowledge in MS operating systems and Microsoft Office
Detailed and team-oriented with a positive attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Analyst - Search Engine Marketing / Search Engine Optimization
Title: Analyst - Search Engine Marketing / Search Engine Optimization
Location: San Bruno, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
Client needs someone who knows search words, adwords or able to do campaign.
Good to have at least 1 year experience doing search campaign optimization.
Consultant should be familiar with search platform.
Client is looking for SEM/ SEO/ PPC background candidate.
- Search Engine Marketing ( SEM )
- Search Engine Optimization ( SEO )
- Experience with PPC ( Pay Per Click )
- Digital Marketing Experience
- Search advertisement / Campaign experience
- Experience with site performance data and A/B testing is desired.
- At-least 1 year of experience in search campaign optimization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel for Data analysis
- Display Search experience is NOT required, but can be plus
Full Time Opportunity
What are we looking for?
An experienced Quality Assurance Software Test Engineer to guide the team in terms of test automation. It is your responsibility to support an Agile team in analyzing, designing, building and testing high-quality automated testing solutions that ensure our product meets customer expectations.
This is a hands-on, technical position, and as the QA Tester you must demonstrate a high level of technical aptitude and excellent problem-solving skills. A deep understanding of automated testing concepts and professional experience creating automated test scripts is required.
If you are an eager Tester with the ability to learn new skills and technology – we want to talk to you!
- 3+ years of web application or mobile application test experience – mobile experience is a plus
- Not looking for a coder, but definitely want a QA Tester with good understanding of coding
- Strong automation experience with Selenium – Cucumber, Jasmine, Mocha, Junit will work
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Build Systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Knowledge and experience in documenting test plans and test cases
- Work closely with scrum team members to evangelize the value of producing a high-quality product throughout the entire SDLC
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in user stories, technical requirements and acceptance criteria
- Create test plans, test cases and automation based on user stories and true business intent
- Develop modular and robust automated test scripts and infrastructure to ensure maintainability, extensibility and scalability
- Conduct test case and test script reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture functionality
- Communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written forms
- Continuously make improvements to agile processes, testing practices and QA methods
|Penetration Tester- DC|
CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation- US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
|Designs, tests, and implements state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products. Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations for application design. Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access. Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research. May prepare security reports to regulatory agencies. For engineers providing security information assurance, use Info Assurance Engineer (E254, L254). For information security professionals providing security risk and analysis, use Info Systems Security Risk and Analysis (E937, L937).|
|Job Description :|
|The candidate will be a member of the Cyber Solutions Team supporting a US Government and commercial customer. The candidate will perform Operations and Maintenance Support by applying Subject Matter Expertise in vulnerability assessments and penetration testing, including abilities to identify potential repercussions, troubleshoot issues, determine required corrective actions, implement system modifications provide recommendations and solicit feedback from the customer and workforce to achieve all project objectives.|
|Please identify "basic qualifications" and "desired" skills for this position. The skills listed below will be displayed to all job seekers on the web. They will help you make and justify a selection decision. Recruiters will also use these skills to prepare search criteria when sourcing resumes. Basic qualifications are those that the candidate must absolutely possess in order to be selected for the position, and Desired Skills are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others.|
|Basic Qualifications :|
|• Develops general test and evaluation plans to compare current and proposed technologies; assesses test results to determine whether they match requirements specifications.|
• Prepares documents by tailoring technical information and creates benchmark or security authorization reports; outlines key findings related to speed, risks, results and reliability, and recommends acceptance or rejection of technology for applied use.
• Performs Security Control Assessments on systems to validate the results of risk assessments and ensure controls in the security plan are present and operating correctly on the system; provides thorough report of the risks to the system and its data.
• CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required) CompTIA Net+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security +, Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or Certified Ethical Hacker, GSEC, GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT).
• CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation- US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
|Desired skills :|
|• Executes tests by following the steps and procedures listed in a test plan and documents results in a standardized format that is appropriate for future analyses.|
• Assists in the coordination of technical tests, network scans, and/or vulnerability scans that support the evaluation of information safeguard effectiveness.
• Identifies the various types of tests including conformance testing, developmental testing, joint interoperability testing, operational testing, and validation testing.
• Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
• Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel with disparate backgrounds.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
|Typical Minimums :|
|Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.|
Apply on Line: http://nationalrecruiters.catsone.com/careers
National Recruiters, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Automation Tester With Load Runner, Load Tester, Api/Soap UI/ Skype Interviews Are Acceptable
Skype interviews are acceptable
Top 3 Skills:
Test Engineer Senior Consultant II owns all test coordination, planning, and creation or execution of automated test scripts for medium to high complexity projects using Load Runner and Ready API. This engineer manages and owns the test strategy as the overall quality champion on the team, identifies acceptance criteria, defines the test conditions when stories or requirements are created, designs and implements test automation architecture and may enhance and modify the test automation framework.
In an agile/scrum environment, may:
o Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
o Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities prepared to take on any role within the Agile team o Participate in Sprint planning and release planning o Participate in backlog refinement o Define acceptance criteria when stories are created For activities related to Test Management, may:
o Decompose business requirements to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and automated test scripts for medium to high complexity projects o Define, review and coordinate an iterative test strategy, develop test strategy for medium to high complexity projects o Support, design, development and implementation of medium complexity modifications to test automation architecture for web services framework o Provide/Own input into automation techniques, carrying out POC and other analysis o Execute test cases within the Functional, Mobile, or Web Services Automation framework usinr LoadRunner and Ready API.
o Create test data and identify environment needs for medium to high complexity projects o Ensure software quality via continuous and iterative testing approach o Understand and provide oversight on the test infrastructure o Create and maintain an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered o Create automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline o Collaborate with external environment team members to troubleshoot issues and determine environment needs and constraints o Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product o Possess technical competency to interact with application developers to ensure software quality Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Experience
4+ years of manual & automation testing experience of N-tier
4+ applications and SDLC Processes
1+ years of experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
Experience on the below technical skills o Software development experience (Java preferred Java Scripting / Groovy Scripting) o Test automation Development (Web Services, REST Services) SOAP UI or similar tools o Relational Database Management and Data validation (Oracle, SQL) Expertise with testing Web Services Leverages Agile/Scrum-enabling test execution tools. Experience with the following tools:
o Web Service Testing Tools for REST Services (e.g. CA LISA, SoapUI, other WS tools) o JAVA (Java scripting / Groovy Scripting) o Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL) o Defect Management (e.g. HP Quality
Center) o Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC) o IDE (e.g.
Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode, Android Studio) o Continuous Integration tools (e.g.Jenkins, Hudson)
Agile Planning tool (e.g. JIRA)
Previous experience working with Non-SQL databases (e.g. MongoDB) Previous experience with Initiate Infosphere 11.5 Previous experience with Performance Testing (Performance Center) LOAD RUNNER Ready API
QA Tester (Sterling) - Telecom Exp - 1015
Location: Allen, TX
Position Type: 3 months contract w/possible extensions or CTH
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
USING & TESTING STERLING 7. PREVIOUS TELECOM TESTING- Knowledge of quoting, ordering, & billing processes. EXP. with HP Quality Center/Application Lifecycle Management for Test Case Creation, Test Case Execution & Defect Tracking. Knowledge of Quality Assurance & Testing Methodologies.
General Job Requirements:
- 8-10 years’ experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Strong knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Strong knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
- Develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes.
- The technical skills include the ability to design software or customize software for client use.
- Review and approve test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures.
- Review and approve testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability.
- Review documentation of software defects and assign software developers to investigate and resolve the issue.
- Review and approve test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates. Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness or to mitigate risks.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
Software System Tester (Nmmes)
Job Code: 7996984
Position Description: Imagine One is currently seeking a Software System Tester to provide support to the US Navy toprovide analysis of documented user requirements and directs or assists in the design of test plans in support of user requirements for moderately complex to complex software/hardware applications. Support will be required in the following areas: Production Operations, Installation and Database Administration, Training and Help desk Operations. Work is associated with the development, fielding and support of a large family of shore based maintenance applications. Work will be performed in Norfolk, VA.
- Must have experience working as a test engineer.
- Senior level applicants must have ten (10) or more years of experience in work involving Ship Maintenance and Ship Life cycle Management Systems.
- Mid-level applicants must have four (4) to eight (8) years of experience in work involving Ship Maintenance and Ship Life cycle Management Systems.
- Junior level applicants must have at least one (1) year and no more than four (4) of experience in a managerial role in work involving Ship Maintenance and Ship Life cycle Management Systems.
- Provide testing expertise for support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Responsible for ensuring that the test design and documentation support all applicable client, agency or industry standards time lines and budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that testing conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results, and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
- Reviews user application system requirements documentation; designs, defines and documents unit and application test plans; transforms test plans into test scripts and executes those scripts.
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessment and software/hardware development under the direction of a Lead Test Engineer.
- Responsible for ensuring proper execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in test logs or defect tracking systems.
- Senior level applicants are desired to have a Master’s Degree. A Bachelor’s Degree can be substituted.
- Mid and junior level applicants are desired to have a Bachelor’s Degree. An Associate’s Degree or High School diploma may be substituted for additional years of experience.
Please note if you have any experience with the following:
- DoD/DoN acquisition, budgeting, and investment management policies, guides, and regulations.
- Defense Business Systems.
- Department of Defense Enterprise Architecture Framework (DODAF).
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), with emphasis on the guidance issued by the DoD Deputy Chief Management Officer (DCMO).
- Operational Activities: Enterprise services, Supply Support, Materials Management, Maintenance Planning, Nuclear Propulsion, Maintenance Execution, Workforce Management, Financial Management, Facilities and Equipment, Product Life cycle Management and information technology products.
- Software languages, applications, operating systems, frameworks, integrated data environments and other expertise.
- Software/Systems Engineering using Agile methodologies, with the ability to tailor to a specific systems engineering process and software development tools
- Use of PMO-IT SDLC tools. (Serena Business Manager, Serena Dimensions, IBM Rhapsody, IBM DOORS, and HP Application Life cycle Management (ALM) and Unified Functional Testing (UFT)) Database Programming – schema design, architecture, performance tuning, SQL scripting, database consolidation, database migration, system backups and database admin.
- Application Test and Evaluation, particularly unit testing and integration testing.
- Asset Management: government documents, hardware, software (to include license agreements)
- Modification/maintenance/installation/integration of an interfaced enterprise solution of GOTS software products
- Information Assurance – DoD/DoN IA requirements and industry best practices.
- IT Infrastructure Support – hosted environment operations.
- System Administration – sys admin, help desk support, trouble ticket resolution.
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Technical Specialist – Gasoline Engine Performance Development And Calibration
Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Plan and oversee vehicle and/or engine dynamometer tests to assess the performance, fuel economy, and emissions of new engine and engine systems technologies.
Plan and oversee vehicle, engine dynamometer, and component bench tests to develop new or refine existing engine hardware, controls, and calibrations.
Work closely with Design and Simulation engineers and provide guidance to help define engine performance related attributes for new engine programs.
Work closely with Control Systems engineers and provide guidance to help define engine performance related control software algorithms for new engine control features.
Specify test instrumentation and methodologies to meet measurement requirements for vehicle, dynamometer, and component bench tests.
Develop advanced vehicle and/or dynamometer test methods and procedures to improve engine hardware and calibration development processes.
Responsible for the detailed review of test results and data quality.
Prepare and present final technical reports, contributing interpretation of the data and key insights of the test results for internal management and outside customers. This activity also includes writing technical papers for publications at conferences.
Mentor Project Engineers on engineering and process topics
Fulfill and enforce FEV's ISO and Internal Quality policies as required.
Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is preferred
Minimum 7 years of industry IC Engine Development experience
Experience in Engine Calibration and Controls, combustion analytics, fuel chemistry, mechanical testing and tribology required
Expert knowledge of vehicle fuel economy and emissions regulations and test procedures
Competency with specialized engine development tools (e.g. INCA, Matlab/Simulink, Uni-Plot)
Competency in basic computer programming (e.g. Excel Macros, VBA, C++, LabView) and simulation skills (e.g. GTSuite) desired
Project leadership experience, analytical problem solving and strong interpersonal skills required
Excellent presentation and communication skills required
Junior Software Tester
Must be US Citizen and clearable for Secret clearance. Pay range from $35,000 to $55,000 with full benefits, but will depend on experience.
- Collaborate with developers and Product Owners to develop test plans and test cases.
- Conduct testing to ensure solutions meet requirements and design.
- Document and track issues in Team Foundation Server.
- Attend Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and daily Scrum meetings.
- Provide testing estimates.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the education and experience listed below:
- A minimum of 1 year related/relevant experience is required.
- High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical field is preferred.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- One year of experience identifying and solving technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hold an active US SECRET Clearance.
- US Citizenship is required per contract and for clearance eligibility.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and Agile methodologies.
- Software Testing skills
- Experience Writing Test Plans
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!