Ear Muff Assembler Job Description Sample
Performs assembly operations on electronic components and subassemblies in accordance with Anaren and J-Standards. The main focus of this position is mechanical operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform maintenance tasks to maintain equipment in good condition
Daily communication with all team members and supervisor through the use of shift meetings, email, log book, and other written and verbal methods
Maintain clean, safe and orderly work environment
Ability to interpret and follow verbal and written work orders
Use various measuring tools as required
Offer suggestions to improve/enhance processes
Report any problems, defective materials, questionable conditions or unsafe conditions to supervisor or leader
Provide high quality and timely service to all internal customers
Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, ISO, EEO, OSHA and Continuous Improvement activities
Work to develop customer relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity
Listen to and understand customer requirements and take prompt, appropriate action that exceeds expectation
Take personal ownership of internal and external customer issues
Perform all other related duties as assigned
Operates test equipment to perform pass/fail product tests
Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
Ability to perform basic and routine repetitive mechanical assembly operations on components and subassemblies using fixtures, screwdrivers, etc
Proficient use and familiarity with hand tools
Ability to understand manufacturing documentation
Will require basic mechanical skills
Ability to read, understand and follow assembly instructions, including visual aids and drawings
Must be able to work in a limited number of areas or with a limited number of products
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
May require limited soldering skills
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 0-2 Years relevant experience.
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Assembler - 3Rd Shift
3rd shift position working Sunday-Thursday, 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
- Reviews and interpret assembly instructions
- Determines if all parts are present and review materials for expiration
- Assembles the product following proper PPE and instructions
- Verifies throughout the process product is being assembled per the specifications by the use of measuring tools, calipers, or other methods to verify thickness, weight, etc.
- Completes material transaction or other documentation necessary
- Resolves assembly and production issues
- Reports errors in production line
- Maintains shop floor area clean and safe
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of assembly/manufacturing experience
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally & written
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 80-100 lbs
All candidates submitted must be experienced with an electronic assembly background. This role is not a basic electronic assembly position but someone that understands complex electronic assembly and testing.
Essential functions of the role are to perform a variety of operations with electrical assembly, disassembly, inspection, calibration and testing of a variety of components, sub-assemblies and complete assemblies used in electronic products.
• Perform standard testing on 787 Liquid Cooling System product line (PECS, ICS, FCAC) and record
and analyze results to determine acceptance of product
• Will be using process blue print instructions, work instructions, and other visual aids. MUST have
experience using these in a previous role.
• A wide variety of machine equipment, hand and bench tools, and gauges are used.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance on test equipment
• Perform calibration of test equipment
• Perform routine 5S functions
• Will record data and other duties as required into the computer. Must be MS Office proficient.
• Familiarization and operating experience with test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, megohm
meters, hi-pot meters, digital multimeters, microhmmeters
• Computer literacy - experience with Microsoft Office, able to quickly learn new software (RCard, MSS)
• Physical dexterity to install pumps on carts, into boxes, connect hoses, paint (requires squatting,
• AT LEAST 3years of electrical or electronic experience and/or experience as a tester and/or
• Previous experience in an Aerospace/Medical/Automotive manufacturing environment required
• Must be able to read and interpret work instructions and drawings
Assembler I, Imaging
The purpose of this position is to assemble quality endoscope imaging systems while adhering to prescribed standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
All employees are expected to be knowledgeable about and follow the Company's Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policies, including policies on the rights of individuals with disabilities and harassment.
Routinely assembles various intricate optical and mechanical components.
Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine assembly tasks.
Quantity of units produced should correspond to the time standards
Perform cleaning and inspection of various components using hand tools and ultrasonic baths.
Responsible for following prescribed assembly techniques and within assigned time standards to produce quality imagers while meeting productivity guidelines.
May perform one or more of the following: Singles Inspection, Epoxying, Grind and Polish, load fiber; Oiling; tie bundles.
Actively participate in company sponsored training programs.
Ability to cross train in other value stream assemblies as needed.
Aware of practices and processes utilizing current management tools.
High school diploma, or equivalent experience.
0-1 years of experience assembling miniature precision medical products preferred.
Proficient in basic assembly of miniature precision medical products.
Must possess ability to understand assembly drawings and written assembly procedures.
Ability to operate simple to moderately complicated machinery.
Ability to meet takt time and quality standards.
Must have the ability to work with adhesives, solvents, microscopes, small hand and power tools, measurement devices and other related tools and equipment.
Must be able to work well with coworkers.
Company Matched 401k
Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
3 Weeks Vacation plus 8 sick days
Medical / Dental / Vision
Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
Leadership Development (not for every position – management only)
Green Belt / Black Belt Certification Programs – KSE
KARL STORZ University and other training and development programs.
Fitness Reimbursement $200
Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
401K, company matches 60% up to 6% of your annual income
$1,000 Referral Bo nus
About the Company:
As the largest privately held medical device company in the world, KARL STORZ has achieved global preeminence in endoscopes and medical imaging devices used in minimally invasive surgery. Our dedication to employee achievement and development through effective training and our commitment to a workforce that reflects and respects global diversity and the future of the environment have allowed KARL STORZ to serve our customers for over 60 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability .
San Marcos, CA 92078
$13-$15 per hour
6am-4:30pm- 4/10 schedule
Working in the Production Department this position will be responsible to perform the manufacturing electro/mechanical functions.
- Pot, stuff, cure sensors into assemblies per work orders
- Prepare effective reports and presentation of departmental information
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with others both internally and externally.
- Solder electronic sensor, connectors, solder cups
- Solder electronic components to circuit boards.
- Read and interpret assembly drawings and work instructions (ops drawings and process sheets)
- Initial or stamp completed work on routing step documentation.
- Perform insulation resistance test, bonding tests, hi-pot/dielectric tests.
- Perform continuity test using hand held DVM.
- Perform functionality tests using test beds.
- 2 or more year’s prior work experience in an Electro/Mechanical assembly environment.
- Able to solder small wire and connector joints.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, operations instructions and wiring diagrams.
- Prior experience working in a controlled environment utilizing lot traceability is preferred.
- Must be able to use handheld Multi-meters, temperature devices
- Prior experience and knowledge of Dielectric, Insulation resistance and bonding tests a plus.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident alien.
Job Title: Light Industrial - Assembler 2
Pay shall be:
$11.00 per hour for hires with experience.
$10.50 per hour for high school grad’s with no experience.
Steel-toed shoes required for 1st day
Basic Function: Under general supervision, performs tasks of substantial variety or complexity which require a thorough knowledge of assembly techniques, tools, materials, machines, and equipment. Works from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals or verbal instructions.
Typical duties/responsibilities for operations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Under general supervision, perform basic and complex assembly, wiring, and erection of products and systems.
Read and interpret engineering configuration and wiring drawings.
Devise and utilize nonstandard procedures.
May assign and check work of lower level personnel.
May work nonstandard schedules and/or at off-site locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions.
Coordinate work with other groups to ensure meeting commitments.
Perform duties in a manner compliant with prevailing quality procedures and policies.
Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Complexity of Tasks: Follow standard practices and procedures in resolving basic and complex problems.
Decisions are usually based on established precedents and may affect quality and accuracy to a degree. Errors may result in lost time and rework.
High School degree or equivalent is required. Additional experience of 2-5 years of related experience in assembly is desirable, but not essential.
Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments. Capable of reading and interpreting Engineering configuration and wiring drawings.
Obtains and assembles component parts to produce completed units for shipment, including packaging and necessary paperwork
Supervision Received From:
Assembles parts by various methods of attachment, such as bolts, screws rivets, springs, etc
Obtains parts from various plant locations as required to keep the assembly line producing
Informs dispatcher and/or supervisor of part shortage
Informs dispatcher and/or supervisor of part problems (rejects, fit-up, etc)
Packs units for shipment
Performs all duties per method, blueprint, and inspection requirements
Fills out required inspection and material control forms
Responsible for quality workmanship
Prepares/organizes for changeovers to minimize downtime
Operate power tools
Control torque to specification
Be aware of occupational safety hazards of the job
Operate hand truck and carts
Change to other positions on line as needed
Must be able to read and write to properly identify parts
Ensures assembly quality requirements are met
Performs other related duties as instructed by supervisor
Complete material transactions (transfers, counts)
Pull Testers for Measuring Forces
Hand Operate Pallet Truck
The Assembler will perform manual labor along a production line. Responsibilities of this job will include constructing, assembling, or rebuilding machines and similar equipment. The Assembler will operate and troubleshoot production line machinery and may perform minor repairs as necessary. The Assembler will follow SOPs ad JSAs while performing the job. The Assembler will also be cross-trained for all service works and will perform other roles at the department as needed.
Assemble parts on carpet cleaning equipment.
Operate production line machinery and computers.
Troubleshoot production line machinery.
Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
Clean and maintain work area.
Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
Assist mechanics and machinists in repair work.
Perform back-up for warehouse.
Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
Other tasks as assigned.
Assembler Door Shop
Boise Cascade Building Materials Distribution has an opening for an Assembler Door Shop. Please review the responsibilities and needed qualifications below and apply today!
Boise Cascade has been in the business of manufacturing wood products and distributing building materials for over half a century. Today we're one of the largest manufacturers of plywood and engineered wood products in North America – and the only wholesale stocking distributor for building products that can service the entire United States.
Because our business is built on relationships, our employees are critical to our success. And we're committed to investing in them. That's why we offer a benefits package designed to have a positive impact on all areas of your life – from health and well-being, career and community, to financial security and personal safety.
We call it, Total Rewards. Here's a look at what's included:
Medical + Prescription Drug
Dental + Vision
401(k) Retirement Savings
Door Shop Assemblers are responsible for construction of doors and windows made to order. Check product and raw material specifications (lengths, angles). Set up door machinery and equipment to specifications.
Transport raw materials and finished products to and from machinery, equipment and storage area. Door Shop Assemblers load and unload inventory as needed. Travel to job site for replacement and/or repair of warranty work.
Apply and understand mathematical calculations and concepts involving fractions, decimals, percentages, etc. May manage and provide reports on production, quality, and order fulfillment process and performance. Door Shop Assemblers maintain good housekeeping in work area.
Follow safety programs and ensure compliance of OSHA regulation. May train, assign and oversee work of others and ensure work is complete and built to order specifications. May work with and assist location manager and sales team promote and describe fabrication process to customers of assigned and new products.
May be responsible for raw materials and finished goods inventory, materials order replenishment, and maintaining product pricing. Demonstrate strong commitment to safety, quality, environmental awareness, and continuous process improvement. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Working conditions are in a warehouse operations environment with considerable physical exertion.
Ability to understand and apply mathematical calculations and concepts involving fractions, decimals, percentages, etc. General warehouse experience, including forklift operation, and/or knowledge of warehouse work environment including specialized on-the-job door assembly training preferred.
Competencies: Safety Awareness, Work Standards, Building Customer Loyalty, Building Strategic Working Relationships, Communication, Initiating Action, Decision Making, Energy, Job Fit.
Electrical Assembler I - Night Shift
About Nortek Air Management
Nortek Air Management's mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we want to be the premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee's commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence. Nortek Air Management has annual sales of close to $1 billion and is comprised of three businesses, Residential, Light Commercial and Air Solutions.
Nortek Air Solutions
- Established in 1977, Nortek Air Solutions offers the innovation and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) brands in North America for your commercial, industrial, or institutional indoor environment. Air Solutions products are custom engineered to bring you the optimal solutions for maximizing energy efficiency, reducing annual operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and achieving low sound levels. They offer high quality systems in multiple shapes, sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation or retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated with the following industry-leading brands of HVAC solutions: Governair, Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar CES and Ventrol Air Handling Systems.
Work Schedule: Monday
Read and interpret drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders or reports.
Mount all electrical component into unit cabinet via print. Run conduit, label and pull wires. Make connections at components and route opposite end to electrical enclosure.
Cut route wires to various circuits.
Point-to-Point for continuity.
Properly mark various circuits.
Make preliminary connections and applicable wire harness assemblies.
Cut sleeves and insulates connections.
Crimp eyelets/lugs to wire ends using crimping devices.
Connect wiring to accessories: relays, circuit breakers, plugs, condensers, solenoids and switches.
Conduct functionality/continuity test of electrical assemblies.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to work swing shift
At least 1 or more years' electrical assembly experience with 1 year of on-the- job experience in testing and troubleshooting.
Must have a basic working knowledge of electricity and electro-mechanical equipment as a minimum.
Minimum Abilities and Skills:
Able to install all kinds of conduit
Able to operate and use wire pulling equipment, assorted tools & drills skillfully and safely.
Able to read a tape measure
Must have demonstrated ability to communicate (speak, read,
Must have a basic working knowledge of electricity and electro-mechanical equipment as a minimum.
Able to lift and/or move frequently up to 25lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
Must have average manual dexterity with ability to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and balance.
Able to stand for prolonged periods on a concrete floor.
Able to walk, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
Able to climb ladders and work in high areas.
Specific vision abilities required include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus, and color vision acuity
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!