Earth Boring Machine Operator Job Description Sample
CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
Machine Operator I-Borer-Tifton,Ga
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Responsible for weighing and boring logs used in work-in-process inventory
According to the production schedule, weighs and inspects log material before entering the boring process. Ensures the raw material meets all necessary specifications so that high quality products are delivered to downstream processes and final customers
Uses equipment to bore logs to specification and then to place them to the next process
Use computer for pad program
Ensure work area and equipment are clean and operational, gaining assistance as necessary to resolve any issues that may impact production
Performs general housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and safe work environment
Performs other duties as required
High School Diploma or GED equivalency preferred
Basic Computer Skills
Prior experience in a production environment preferred
Must be an effective team member
Good oral and written communication skills
Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations
Requires a high degree of mental and visual attention to perform all tasks safely
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, (bending, crouching, and stooping may be required)
Work environment is a noisy, high traffic production floor.
Flexible schedule which may include evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays
Reads and writes in standard English and proficient performing basic math calculations such as addition and subtraction
Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training
Job ID 2018-39096
FLSA Status Hourly
Job Group Manufacturing
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world's cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what's possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world's toughest challenges.
This position sets up and operates a manual drilling machine of various lengths and widths of bar stock and is responsible for preparing production reports and performs miscellaneous clean up duties.
The successful candidate must be able to perform the following essential functions:
A. Reads work instructions or receives verbal instructions from supervisor or leader.
B. Sets up machine, including breaking down previous set up and disposing of machine components.
Reads shop prints and instructions to determine job specifications, including identifying stock dimensions, hole location and dimension and machining tolerances.
Determines requirements for tools and withdraws items from tool room.
Sets up face-off slide including changing out face and back plates.
Repositions steadyrests on machine bed, including loosening hold down bolts with Allen wrench, pushing or pulling steadyrest into position.
Repositions face-off slide and whip supports on machine bed.
Removes head from drill bar, utilizing 36 inch pipe wrench manually, or turning pipe wrench by utilizing overhead crane to pull on wrench handle.
Unloads drill bar from machine, including loosening whip supports and tail stock, pulling bar out of hip supports and chucks, and positioning on wheeled rack.
Pushes wheeled rack to move drill bars to and from bar storage racks.
Loads drill bar into machine, including pushing and guiding end of bar into position in first whip support pushing bar through whip supports, chucks, and positions and tightening whip supports and tail stock.
Attaches head to drill bar, tightening head by hand or with 36 inch pipe wrench.
Inserts cutting tools into head, utilizing machinists hammer to seat tools.
Attaches or removes coolant return connecting pipe to tail of drill bar, including lifting connecting pipe into position attaching or removing collar, and tightening or loosening collar with 36 inch pipe wrench, chain wrench, or hammer.
C. Loads bar stock into machine for boring and unloads finished stock.
Pushes loaded trolley into or out of building.
Attaches sling to sleeve and moves sleeve to and from stock, utilizing one hand to operate controls of overhead crane to support and move sleeve, while simultaneously guiding sleeve into position around end of stock with second hand.
Positions sleeve on stock by manually pushing or pulling into place.
Loosens or tightens sleeve hold down bolts, utilizing Allen wrench and calipers to ensure bar stock is centered inside sleeve while tightening.
Attaches sling to stock and moves stock to and from machine, utilizing one hand to operate controls of overhead crane to support and move stock, while simultaneously guiding stock in position with second hand.
Tightens chuck jaws around stock, utilizing 22 inch chuck wrench to manually rotate chuck, and tighten jaws.
Raises or lowers steadyrest heads.
D. Operates Machine.
Activates controls to move cutting head into position against bar stock.
Starts up and operates machine, setting and adjusting speeds and feeds from control panel.
Monitors operation of machine, including checking stock inside diameter with micrometer, bore length with tape measure, chips in coolant exhaust stream, etc.
Removes and replaces cutting tools, including adjusting position of drill bar for retooling, utilizing 36 inch pipe wrench to turn bar.
E.Other miscellaneous duties as instructed by Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- HSD or GED with a minimum of 2 years of machine operating experience.
- HSD or GED with a minimum of 1 year as a previously certified TMS operator.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Molding Machine Operator I A Shift Sun - Tue And Every Other Wed. 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM
We are constantly looking to add to our core talent. If you are seeking a career that is challenging and rewarding, a work environment that is diverse and dynamic, look no further — Haemonetics is your employer of choice.
Responds to machines faults by observing potential fault causes, reacting to faults, and recovering machine if fault occurs.
Monitors materials levels and replenishes as required to ensure effective operation of automated equipment.
Meets daily production schedules and quality standards by following work and safety instructions.
May be required to perform other tasks as requested by group leader or supervisor
Accurately completes all necessary Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) paperwork in order to track, log and monitor production activity.
Starts machines after faults by following correct procedures and sequence of steps according to SOPs (refers to light tower to determine status of machine).
Visually inspects component parts to insure all are built in compliance with all current quality standard documentation.
Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following safety procedures and observing potentially hazardous situations.
Wipes down production equipment by using proper techniques and personal protection equipment to ensure effective and efficient operation.
Assist in training other Machine Operators.
Other duties as assigned.
Machine Operator (Manufacturing)
EMIT is looking to the future and wants to add a motivated person who enjoys the satisfaction of completing a fast-paced physically demanding job in a competitive atmosphere. EMIT is looking for someone to operate one or more of the following: Press Brake, 2D Laser Table, 3D Laser Tube Cutting, Plasma Table, Iron Worker, Hydraulic Plate Rolls, Band Saw, CNC Mill, CNC Lathe along with other various tools and machines.
About EMIT Technologies
EMIT Technologies is unique in the natural gas emissions market as the only fully integrated solutions OEM. With in-house engineering, product development, fabrication, field services, emissions testing, and application training, EMIT Technologies is your single source emissions solutions provider, for today, and the future.
Sheridan, WY (Relocation is required.)
Full Time $15 to $25 per hour DOE
If you feel that you would be the ideal candidate for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter/letter of interest through our online application portal here.
Why Sheridan, WY?
EMIT Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.
Machine Operator - VMC
The Machine Operator - VMC is responsible for tending to the VMC cell with set ups and change overs. Under limited supervision, perform a variety of tasks as requested by supervisors and leadership.
Essential Job Duties:
With minimal supervision must be able to:
Perform set-ups and changeovers to meet production needs
Conduct "in process" inspections on a regular basis using precision measuring devices
Make necessary machine adjustments as required by product specifications
Assist in maintaining proper levels of material on hand to ensure optimal equipment operation
Audit production results and keeps operators and mangers informed of results
Maintain clean, uncluttered workplace; Performs TPM and 6S as scheduled
Discuss, recommend and evaluate changes in equipment, materials, operating procedures, training procedures and/or rates of operation with supervisors, engineering and other operations personnel
Maintain ongoing production and set-up time records demonstrating equipment output levels of product by part number
Assist maintenance personnel in diagnosing and making repairs to equipment; perform repair when appropriate
Attend training to maintain and/or increase skills and train others as needed
Adjust work schedule to meet needs of other shifts when necessary
Vocational school certification in coursework addressing multiple axis, computer controlled metal machining equipment.
Two years experience with equipment designed for automated production
Familiarity with controllers and programming languages required
Basic to intermediate understanding of PC generated spreadsheets and word processing.
Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Must be able to follow written and/or verbal instruction.
Moderately loud environment where you would be required to walk or stand for extended periods of time. Environmental temperatures fluxuates between extreme hot and cold.
Machine Operator Class 1
This position is responsible for operating machinery to ensure the continuous flow of product thru the production process and insuring proper ingredients supplies are being used on the line. Responsible for monitoring and adjusting machine settings as needed and notifying supervisor if machines should require maintenance while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Tyson policies and procedures.
Applicants must be willing and able to maintain the box machine, feed boxes into the machine, place bag into box, maintain box inventory on mezzanine, change dies when needed to make various sized boxes, clear any box jams, minimize downtime, read production schedules. Applicants must be willing and able to work weekends and extended hours as necessary.
Applicants must be willing and able to work with soy, poultry, flour, spices, wheat, dairy or egg. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to improve in performance over an extended period of time. Applicants must be willing and able to work in cold environment (40 - 45 F temperatures). The applicant must be willing and able to become knowledgeable in all GMP standards pertaining to personal hygiene and the inspection process.
The applicant must be willing and able to perform repetitive motion on a consistent and steady basis. The applicant must be willing and able to work well with others in a team environment. The applicant must be willing and able to lift up to 40 lbs., including overhead lifting.
The applicant must be willing and able to operate a manual pallet jack. Must be willing to become lock out tag out certified.
Applicants must show at least 6 months of work experience with one employer within the last 24 months. If an applicant meets Tysons minimum requirements for consideration, they may be contacted for an interview.
Applicants who have worked for Tyson before may be considered for rehire once if they meet the location s rehire criteria. Your application is only active for the current month in which you applied. You will need to reapply next month to have an active application and be considered for employment.
Tyson Foods, Inc. voluntarily participates in the E-Verify system and uses all tools made available by the federal government to confirm the employment eligibility of all team members. Persons offered employment with Tyson Foods are required to provide documentation proving their employment eligibility, and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the E-Verify process.
Machine Operator Thermoforming
By following our instincts and our passion for the outdoor lifestyle, Hemisphere Design Works has merged with another great company and lands us one of North America’s largest lines of all-season recreational products. We specialize in making water vessels that run on HUMAN POWER!
Each product is made to deliver performance, value, and ease of use that allows our customers to take control on the water and live out their outdoor adventures.
Will you be the HUMAN POWER that FUELS the production of high-quality water vessels that exceed our customers’ expectations?
DIRECT HIRE STARTING POSITION PAY:
- C Operator ($16+) 1-3 years machine operator experience
- B Operator ($18+) 3-5 years machine operator experience
- A Operator ($20+) 5 + years machine operator experience
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. Shift premium provided to off shifts.
Thermoforming machine operators will work under the direction of the production senior lead/supervisor to ensure that the company produces the highest quality products safely and efficiently. The thermoforming machine operator will be responsible for operating, setting up, troubleshooting, and maintaining machines throughout the shift.
- Fill out process sheets for machine settings.
- Evaluate part warp and adjust fans or machine parameters as needed.
- Visually assess sheet sag and determine if oven adjustments are necessary.
- Ensure all parts are within specifications.
- Working knowledge of lock out tag out procedures.
- Provide training to new/existing general laborers.
- Find and call up stored oven profile from control panel.
- Assess and adjust settings. Zone ovens according to sheet gage.
- Operate several different types of power tools, such as: saws, routers, and drills.
- Use a data driven system- error-proof machine, process, and trim method.
- Identify quality issues and accurately document production and quality daily.
- Mount trim fixtures and change out defective thermolaters.
- Adjust fixtures, thermolaters, cooling fans, clamps, plugs, platen limit switches, and blow pin timing/pressure.
- Replace defective water, vacuum, and air lines, and associated couplers.
- Startup and Shut down machines properly.
- Accurately identify finished product for quality of trim and form before releasing to shipping.
- All candidates who have received a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre employment drug screening and a pre employment background check which will determine eligibility for employment
- Collaborate with all team members respectfully while maintaining positive attitude
- Available to work overtime, including weekends
- Opportunity for growth! Our supportive teams are dedicated to professional development and offer many opportunities to expand your knowledge, allowing you to advance during your career with us
- Medical -with access to MedNow 24/7 Virtual Care- Dental, and Vision Plans Available
- 401 K with employer match
- Positive-Friendly Culture with a casual dress code
Machine Operator – Slip Saw I
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Consistently producing quality and efficient products performing machine operations
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Review shop order packet for procedural instructions
Perform and assist own setups
Use of most types of inspection gages
Check dimensions of parts and holds tolerance of plus or minus .001
Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level
Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting on machine
Records quantities, material descriptions and job orders for reporting purposes
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences In English.
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighting 25 pounds or more
Must wear required PPE at all times where mandatory
High School diploma or GED preferred.
1-3 Years related experience preferred
Valid Driver's License
High School diploma or GED preferred.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Thermo Machine Operator (Nights 7P-7A)
A lot has changed in the 40 years weve been doing business in the mailer industry. The speed of doing business.
The way people communicate. Ordering. Processing. Packaging. Shipping. Its all evolved in major ways. But at PAC Worldwide, as much as we adapt to the ever-changing world -always communicating, always thinking, always looking for the next smart solution - theres one thing that will never change: our commitment to doing business the right way.
We put people first. We Listen better than anyone else.
We take care of our customers. All while doing our part, caring for our planet. Its simply part of our culture.
We may have grown and expanded globally over the years, but were still a family-owned business. And treating our people, our partners, and our customers like family is at the heart of who we are.
Our collaborative approach and genuine desire to see our clients succeed continually drives us to be innovativefinding smarter, better, more efficient ways to get the job done. At PAC Worldwide, weve spent over four decades solving problems, building reputations, gaining trust, and protecting the things that people care about.and we plan to keep on doing so, for a very long, long time.
Location Bethlehem, PA
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!