East Elmhurst Job Description Sample
Financial Advisor (Bilingual In Chinese Preferred)
What does a career need to offer you?
Financial growth? Personal satisfaction? Opportunity to advance? You’ll find all that and more as a New York Life Financial Services Professional. At New York Life, we believe it’s possible to get ahead and do the right thing. This belief shows in how we do business and it shows in the people we partner with. This career isn’t for everyone, but the best in our company will tell you there’s nothing else like it.
JOIN US: New York Life is currently seeking self-motivated, driven individuals who have a passion for educating and making a positive impact on peoples’ lives.
As a Financial Services Professional, you will have the freedom and full support to build your network of clients and business associates who are looking for financial solutions.
NOT JUST LIFE INSURANCE: As the 26th largest wealth management company in the world, New York Life offers not only life insurance, but also retirement income, investment planning, long-term care insurance, and much more. With over 170 years of proven business practices, New York Life is a Fortune 100 company and has the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody’s Investors Service (AAA), Standard & Poor’s (AA+). New York Life has also led the Million Dollar Round Table for the past 61 years with more members than any other financial institution in the world.
Schedule appointments and meet with potential clients
Educate clients and make product recommendations to meet their financial goals
Provide excellent ongoing customer service and support to existing clients
Be a structured and coachable team player that is open to sales training development and further sales/customer service education
Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with ability to work effectively under little or no supervision
Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships (i.e., "People Person")
Fearless, positive attitude and willingness to be accountable for sales results
Organized, detail-oriented and excellent time management skills
Desire for continuous learning
Great communicator – excellent listening skills and ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner
First year average income is approximately $80,000
Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance from day one
401(k) and defined Pension Plan after one year of service
Training through NYLIC University, a 3-year on-going training program accredited by Harvard University and one of the most comprehensive and well-respected programs in the world.
Career advancement – After 2 years as a successful agent, you can progress onto other opportunities which include management (and not the kind where you compete with your own employees!), sales development manager, product consultant, and home office opportunities in recruiting, marketing, or training.
Constant support – New York Life offers full marketing support as well as prospecting and technical assistance. Our mentoring programs give you the opportunity to work with highly successful, established Agents and managers who will assist you in developing a clientele. We provide the resources and continuous support you would expect from a Fortune 100 company, with the freedom and autonomy of running your own practice.
On-site trainers and product consultants are available to you and this is coupled with an entire division within the company located in the home office dedicated to providing agents with prospecting and sales ideas, product knowledge, and application.
Continuing education reimbursement
Reimbursement for industry designations
Discounts from major wireless carriers
Local discounts (based on location) for gym memberships
MISSION: Our mission is to provide financial security and peace of mind through our insurance, annuity and financial products and services. By continuing to be a mutual company, we are uniquely aligned with our customers. By maintaining superior financial strength, we protect their future. By acting with integrity and humanity, we earn their trust and loyalty. Every decision we make, every action we take has one overriding purpose: To be here when our customers need us. That's why we call ourselves:
Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life maintains operations in all 50 states and eight overseas markets through a network of 17,000 employees and 104,000 licensed agents. New York Life's family of companies offers life insurance, retirement income, investments and long-term care insurance. New York Life Investments* provides institutional asset management and retirement plan services. Other New York Life affiliates provide an array of securities products and services, as well as institutional and retail mutual funds.
We are a Fortune 100 company, one of the largest life insurers in the world, and a market leader in the U.S. New York Life has the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies:
A.M. Best (A++)
Moody's Investors Service (Aaa)
Standard & Poor's (AA+).
Please visit New York Life's Web site at www.newyorklife.com/careers for more information. Also read our disclaimers, here: www.newyorklife.com/socialmedia
Source: Third Party Ratings Reports as of 2015.
Accountant- Mandarin Or Cantonese Speaking Candidates Only
Growing Real Estate Company looking to hire an experienced accounts payable person who is energetic, accurate and detailed orientated. Must have
REAL ESTATE ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE.Job Location:
- Accounts Payable: 1 years
- Accounts Receivable- 1 year
- Quickbooks experience is a must
Multi-Unit Restaurant Manager
Be a part of the OTG Award Winning Team at LGA Airport!
OTG is seeking energetic and hardworking Restaurant Managers to take this operation to the next level. Interested in an industry changer? Want to provide a one of a kind experience to thousands of guests? Ready to take your career to the next level?
Then join us for the best ride of your career!
Minimum 2-4 years in restaurant management of a high volume restaurant or hotel
Salary: $50-70k plus bonus
- Competitive Pay & Bonus Program
- Benefits: 401k, medical, dental and vision
- Vacation: Paid time off
- And opportunities to grow!
Since its entry into airports in 1996, OTG has been recognized throughout the industry for its exceptional customer focus and groundbreaking innovation; growing to become the second largest privately held airport food operator in the United States in just over a decade. In 2014, OTG ranked among the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies in Fast Company Magazine.
Entry Level Associate Attorney - Mandarin Speaking Candidates
Real Estate Attorney
Title Insurance company is seeks a Real Estate Attorney to represent lenders, buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate.
Our client is looking for a candidates with ability to speak Mandarin
- Review closing documents for accuracy
- Assist with all phases of residential/commercial real estate transactions, including sale, exchange, purchase and refinancing
- Work with lenders, mortgage brokers, buyers and sellers to facilitate the transaction- perform due diligence, and general real estate legal services to close residential and commercial transactions
- Draft and/or review mortgage documents including HUD-1s, Closing Disclosures, contracts, deeds, leases, and purchase and sale agreements
- Collaborate with title insurance agencies and outside counsel to coordinate title searches and clearances and resolve any issues for residential/commercial loan title policy
1-3 years of Residential Real Estate experience - we will train the right candidate.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Organized and detail oriented
- Willing to work overtime, when required
It's corny, but we call ourselves, "The eHarmony of the staffing world." We're committed to pairing highly qualified employees in the real estate, title, escrow and hospitality industries with the most eligible clients. Apply now, and we'll send cupid out on your behalf!
REFER A FRIEND = GET $50
You get $50 and your friend gets a lifetime opportunity... What could be better? We will gladly send you $50 if someone you share our information with is hired and works at least 4 weeks for a direct-hire position.
Thank you for spreading the word!
Are you . . .
• Passionate about a successful sales career and creating financial freedom?
Do you . . .
• Have the energy, drive and motivation to achieve your goals?
Can you . . .
• Stay the course and execute through any roadblock or obstacle?
If this sounds like you…Come join our team!
The Sales Executive is a full-time outside sales professional responsible for developing and growing profitable revenue by selling a portfolio of office technology, which includes solutions, services and products, to medium and large size businesses.
After completing our extensive training program, you will be empowered to:
· Build relationships with new customers at all levels, up to C-suite, as well as identifying, selling and supporting value-add solutions and services in existing accounts
· Convey the value of our brand to influence decision makers and win over the competition
· Understand customer buying cycles and sales processes
· Manage your time and resources for efficient territory planning, to successfully manage the entire sales cycle
To be successful in this role, you will:
· Have exceptional verbal and written communication
· Demonstrate professional presentation skills
· Be collaborative and work effectively in a team environment
· Have 1-2 years B2B sales experience
CARR offers much more than simply local presence and responsibility. An integral part of Xerox Corporation, CARR has the financial means to ensure long term viability and staying power.
CARR has received recognition on local television news stations along with numerous awards for its work on behalf of more than 50 charitable organizations including the March of Dimes, Arthritis Foundation, the Boy Scouts of America, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Pal-o-mine and AHRC.
Earn money shopping, giving customers more time to do what they love.
Be Independent Schedule work around your own life.
Have Fun Spend time shopping, exploring new things and being active.
Earn extra income Get paid weekly. Work Sundays to maximize your hours and pay. IN-STORE SHOPPING (NO CAR REQUIRED) WHY SHOP WITH INSTACART? In-Store Shoppers are part-time employees who focus on ensuring our customers' grocery orders are complete and of the highest quality. They are based locally at a designated Instacart store location and spend their complete shift grocery shopping using Instacart's InstaShopper application on a compatible Smartphone.
Flexible hours - set your own availability
Money is deposited into your bank account every week
Work on a team to fulfill orders for customers WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED: * 18+ years old
Eligible to work in the US
Consistent access to a recent smartphone (iPhone 4S or above or Android 4.0+)
Ability to lift 30-40 lbs. with or without assistance MORE INFORMATION If you have previous experience in the grocery industry (such as a personal shopper, cashier, stocker, customer service representative, store manager, merchandiser, produce buyer, butcher, baker, deli clerk, barista, kitchen manager, chef), you might want to consider shopping with Instacart and earn great money. We also welcome applicants from other industries and backgrounds, such as ridesharing or driving networks like Lyft, Uber Eats, or Postmates. Shopping with Instacart is great for anyone looking for flexible, seasonal, work from home, entry level, weekend, weekday, after school, temporary, or any type of part time opportunities. Instacart is committed to diversity in its workforce. Instacart is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. For all individuals applying to work in SF, we will consider qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the SF Fair Chance Ordinance. Apply in under 5 minutes! Attend an in-person session and start work within one week!
Middle School Teachers - All Subjects
Forte Prep is a 5th through 8th grade college preparatory, tuition-free public charter school for Queens, New York, with a focus on serving the Jackson Heights, East Elmhurst and Corona communities. We opened in fall 2017 with 90 fifth graders, and will grow to fifth and sixth grade next year. Our mission is: Through rigorous academics, quality instruction, and a positive culture of individual and collective responsibility, Forte Preparatory Academy Charter School equips all students in grades 5 through 8 to excel in college preparatory high schools and use their leadership and voice to change the world.
Our commitments are as follows:
We are committed to preparation for high school, college and beyond. Literacy and math are at the heart of a world-class education, open doors to college and lives of opportunity, and therefore underpin everything that we do.
We are committed to unlocking potential in every student. We focus on creative and digital enrichment, remediation, and individualization based on data.
We are committed to excellent teaching and learning. High-quality teachers are critical to creating and sustaining a culture of excellence and building academic success for every student, in every class, every day.
We are committed to diversity. Located in the most diverse borough (Queens) in its most diverse neighborhoods (East Elmhurst/Jackson Heights/North Corona), Forte Prep seeks to reflect and honor the diversity of our community within the walls of our school.
This is where you come in. Forte Prep is asking for founding Middle School Teachers, who alongside our Academic Team, will provide an education that will change the game for students in Queens. Founding a school is hard work, and we are seeking a collaborative, creative, and resilient team member to help bring Forte Prep's vision into reality. This role has the following responsibilities:
• Plans and executes high-quality classroom lessons
• Collects and analyzes student data
• Supports the emotional and behavioral development of all students
• Promotes our school’s values
• Works collaboratively with other general education teachers and engage in co-planning
To be excellent in this role, you will have to have the following values, characteristics and qualifications:
• Successful manager of an urban classroom who has used structure, incentives, and high expectations to drive student success
• Experienced classroom teacher with demonstrated quantifiable and objective student performance gains that surpass state or local averages
• Ability to work with a variety of learning abilities, including those with special needs and low skill level in a heterogeneously grouped classroom setting
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, especially with parents and community members
• Analytical problem solvers
• Basic understanding of data analysis
• Minimum two years of urban teaching preferred
• NY Certification in the subject area to be taught preferred (for 5th and 6th grades, either Childhood or Middle Childhood Education certifications are accepted as well)
• Advanced degrees in education or content area preferred
• Professional demeanor
• Highly Qualified as defined by No Child Left Behind
Forte Prep offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package through Little Bird. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and, as an organization serving a diverse group of students, we work to reflect this diversity in our staff as well.
The role will start in August 2018.
Rental Car Drivers - LGA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision employees will transport individual passenger vehicles (compact through large suv) throughout the NY/NJ zone to meet customer needs. Employees will be responsible for filling out basic paperwork to track vehicle movements as well as verify vehicles have necessary equipment prior to rental.
*Hiring for: 1st, Afternoon and Overnight
*Some PT positions are open, there is NO guarantee of a specific schedule
*Location: 23-85 88th St East Elmhurst, NY 11369
*Pay: $13.00/Hour- Day Shift, $14.00/Hour- Overnight Shift
*Payroll: Weekly, every Friday- Direct Deposit or Pay Card Available!
• Must be at least 21 years of age!
• Must have a valid US Driver's License for a minimum 3 years with a good driving history
• Must be able to safely and efficiently operate a vehicle day or night and in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to communicate by telephone, two way radios.
• Must be able to read, understand and complete driver trip sheets and other documents.
• Must have reliable transportation to/from work.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs safely.
• A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment, and a drug screening
With over 38,000 employees in 46 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, GCA serves a variety of sectors, including manufacturing, corporate office buildings, high-tech, bio-pharmaceutical, nuclear power, energy & utilities, defense, K-12 schools, higher education, the rental car market, and others. Our clients include numerous Fortune 100 companies.
GCA's management team is recognized as one of the strongest and most experienced in the industry.
Cdl-A Truck Driver - Dedicated Run
Hiring CDL-A Truck Drivers
for our Dedicated Lanes!
If you're looking for a set route, then look no further—a Dedicated Lane is right for you! As a Dedicated truck driver, you'll haul loads for a local company and be instrumental in fostering that relationship for C.R England. Dedicated Lanes offer stable income, predictable home time, and consistent miles.
We are seeking truck drivers that have a safe and clean record and can handle 12 Gears, 18 Wheels, 40 Tons, 80 Feet, and 400 Horsepower! If that sounds anything like you—Apply Now.
At C.R. England, You Choose Your Lane, You Choose Your Position, and You Get ALL the Benefits!
You Choose Your Lane*
Dedicated: customer relationships, regular routes, and great pay
Regional: balanced home and road life, regular routes, and great miles
National: explore the country, competitive pay, and great miles
You Choose Your Position*
You Get ALL the Benefits
Weekly Pay & Consistent Home Time
Health Benefits & 401k Participation
Paid Time Off & Bonus Incentives
Unlimited Cash Referral Program
Better Pay, Home Time, and Miles — Apply Now.
Inside Sales Representative/ Office Administrator
· Sort and match sales paperwork
· Confirm and adjust invoices in preparation for billing in coordination with branch manager and sales team
· Review work for accuracy
· Prepare credit memos assuring proper paperwork
· File sales paperwork in accordance with Company procedures
· Provide copies of invoices or statements to customers on an as needed basis
· File purchase orders
· Match packing list to purchase orders when received
· Receive inventory into accounting system
· Work with managers and A/P clerk on inventory corrections
· Prepare cash drawer reconciliations
· Prepare daily cash deposit
· Prepare daily AR deposit and send backup to AR department
· Prepare bank deposits daily
Branch Manager Assistance
· Answer a high volume of phone calls and direct to appropriate parties
· Assist inside sales reps with sales responsibilities
- Preparing quotes for potential customers
- Preparing computer generated work orders for customers
- Handle and process customer returns
- Work closely with Branch Manager
- Develop and maintain a working technical knowledge of products sold
- Occasional purchasing of inventory
· Receive products via UPS, FED-EX and other deliveries
· Mail sorting
· Review and forward faxes as directed
· Monitor warehouse management system orders and processes
· Troubleshoot errors between Warehouse Management System and ERP systems
· Assist branch manager and credit manager with various special assignments
· Organize ordering of lunch for sales team and for special events / meetings
Job experience and requirements:
- 2-3 years’ experience in receiving or billing function preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter that is capable of multi-tasking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work in fast paced environment
New Castle’s culture & philosophy is one centered on our people. The ideal candidate must be highly adaptable, a team player, self-motivated and must work with a sense of urgency. For the right individual, our fast-paced environment will provide you with rewarding professional challenges and encourage you to bring your career to the next level.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!