Editor Book Job Description Sample
Freelance Nonfiction Book Editor
The Child's World is an independent, family-owned company that publishes K-8 educational books. We are seeking a freelance Nonfiction Book Editor to work remotely for long-term and short-term projects.
The Nonfiction Book Editor will be responsible for proofreading, fact-checking, and copy editing nonfiction manuscripts for children in Grades K–8. Each manuscript must adhere to curriculum specifications and best practices for nonfiction publications for children
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and organized.
Flexible work hours and schedule available.
• Working knowledge of appropriate vocabulary and text structures for children in Grades K-8
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to do quality work under tight deadlines
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Proactive self-starter and problem-solver
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience developing and line editing nonfiction children’s books or other nonfiction children’s publications
• Experience proofreading and copy editing with an ability to make judgement calls that balance house style (Chicago Manual of Style) with creative intent
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience as a published author of curriculum-based children’s content
• Familiarity with print and digital book production processes and technology
Posting Details Date Posted 02/12/2018 Working Title Book Editor Anticipated Starting Academic Term Spring Job Type Student Job Category Writer/Editor Federal Work Study Required? No Job Summary The University of Pittsburgh is seeking a student-worker to assist a school of education faculty member with editorial duties for an edited book that is in process. This includes bibliographic work, copy-editing, and contact and communication with various chapter authors and chapter reviewers. Some additional editing or research tasks will also be assigned as needed. An interest in higher education and college student outcomes will be helpful to performance in the position. Job Requirements Background in bibliographic work, copy-editing, and communication with authors and reviewers Child Protection Clearances The following PA Act 153 clearances and background checks may be required prior to commencement of employment and as a condition of continued employment: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance. Hourly Pay Rate $8.15 Anticipated Number of Openings 1 Anticipated Hours per Week 10 hours/week Anticipated Weekly Schedule Varies Campus Pittsburgh Primary Work Location WWPH 5902 Posting Number S-06234-P Posting Questions Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*). + * Are you currently a University of Pittsburgh student or were you enrolled in the previous or upcoming semester?
Do you have a Federal Work Study (FWS) award?
No Applicant Documents Required Documents Optional Documents
Book Keeper Office Manager
Airvec Systems is an established local manufacturing facility seeking the help of an experienced bookkeeper/office in a relaxed and casual environment.
HOURS: Full time. 32-40 hours per week
BENEFITS: Paid holidays, Heath, Vision, Dental, 401K and vacation after probationary period.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Entering deposits and expenses into Quickbooks
- Accounts payable & receivable
- Job costing/WIP
- File & pay monthly and quarterly liabilities, employer withholding, sales tax and BWC
- Reconcile bank, credit card, and vendor accounts
- Prepare customer estimates & invoices
- Job flow tracking
- Entering orders
- Purchasing materials
- Phone duties
• Quick learner; independently motivated
• Proficient in Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2017 or other recent Desktop version
• Windows 10, Excel & Word
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Maintain a positive attitude while working with deadlines, interruptions and unexpected situations
• Reliable transportation
Applicants must have 5 years minimum experience and RECENT QuickBooks knowledge to be considered.
Book Keeper/Finance Coordinator
We are currently seeking a Book-Keeper/Finance Coordinator to join our organization! You will over-see key areas within the finance function of a growing local business by working with the Controller of the organization. The business is unique in that it's structured around sports:
- Process supplier/vendor invoices and maintain up-to-date master vendor list
- Maintain the accounts payable sub-ledger so that accounts with vendors are kept current
- Liaise with the owner of the business, the head of each business area and the Financial Controller to help facilitate smooth financial operations
- Conduct bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Monitor cash balances and update daily cash files
- File quarterly sales tax return
- Liaise with local bank to assist in managing cash & banking operations
- Process new employee job applications
- Analyze and summarize periodic financial information on a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Balance and maintain certain financial statement accounts via Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and collaborate environment that carries a startup feel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (basic-intermediate level of experience)
- Strong organization skills
- Comfortable using current software/technology (google docs a plus)
- Associate's degree in accounting or business administration is not necessarily a requirement, but certainly a big plus!
Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
Match long term and nightly rentals with invoices
Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
Monitor office expenses and tally and enter receipts
Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements, balance sheets
Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
Senior Book Keeper / Accounts Payable
This is a senior position responsible for the management and organization of the fiscal functions of Urban Electric Power (UEP) in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry. This position will be central to maintaining records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
Include the following. Other duties may also be assigned:
- Maintain QuickBooks Online system to account for financial transactions by maintaining a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Processes Accounts Payables, uploads invoices and processes payments
- Processes Accounts Receivable, creates invoices and follows up on prompt payments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have demonstrated the ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proven bookkeeping experience in QuickBooks Online
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Excel
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge
- Language Skills –Effectively communicate with co-workers, investors and board of directors. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries. Ability to read and interpret financial documents.
· Analytical Skills --Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data to continuously understand and improve company financial operations.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to use scientific problem-solving methodology.
Education and/or Experience
- 4 year degree required
- 5+ years of bookkeeping with preference for a hardware company experience
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience in QuickBooks Online for manufacturing/hardware companies.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Salary is dependent on experience.
· Health and dental benefits covered up to 70% by employer.
UEP is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Price Book Administrator
Dash In is seeking a detail-oriented individual responsible for supporting pricing systems and Category Management with new item and cost / retail review and maintenance based on demographics within its growing chain of over 50 convenience stores. To be successful, the candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, collaborate effectively with several teams to deliver on targets in support of a customer centric culture.
The position will report to the Price Book Manager and will be located in our La Plata office.
- Assists with new product roll outs with an emphasis on new item setup, item adjustments, cost and retail adjustments, department assignments, vendor setup, and pricing zone maintenance.
- Coordination of receiving and retail zones to align with vendors and demographics.
- Monthly reviews of wholesaler and broad line food purveyor product listings to ensure costs and retails are in alignment for EDI/Accounting purposes. Review vendor pricing lists to ensure vendors are in contractual compliance to prevent invoice payment issues and service interruption. Confirm the information presented is consistent with information that has been entered into the pricing database, accurate, and complete. Knowledge of invoice entry practices and nuances are essential in the support of internal customers.
- Provide administrative support to Category Management team during product development, store resets, and pricing activities. Produce pricing comparisons for decision making by the Category Management team.
- Coordination of vendor portals to mirror and align with business initiatives to include a weekly recap of Out of Stock issues across wholesaler and vendors by store. Track and recap weekly wholesaler pricing changes. Support daily management of Food Service broad line purveyor.
- Maintain master recipe module both in Excel and pricing database. Recipes are reflective of master recipes as defined by the Food Service and Beverage Category Managers.
- Maintain inventory structures within pricing database and overall guidelines through 3rd party auditing. Advise of undefined items. Monitor and provide updates of deactivated PLU usage for cost categories. Maintain cook settings by item for cook not sold accuracy which drives sales growth and controls waste. Update inventory guidelines as dictated by changes. Address Accounting issues regarding retail and or inventory values.
- Assist with Cooler and Center Store reset planning as needed to include item setup, price tag creation, and product labeling. Perform scan testing of price tags to confirm accuracy before supplied to the chain.
- Administer rebate program and follow up for payment from brokers.
- Assist with special projects as needed for roll outs.
- Utilize the store support portal to receive any store issues such as non-scanning items, incorrect retails, invoice entry issues; and make any necessary corrections or pass the information along to the appropriate Category Manager.
- Associates Degree in Business or Accounting
- Minimum of 1-2 years of working experience in a retail or office environment with a focus on solution oriented activities.
- Computer literate in database systems and Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in
- Professional demeanor with a positive team attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with great communication skills
- Open to understanding challenges, proposes, and implements solutions.
Serving as a center of excellence, The Wills Group has a solid infrastructure built of talented teams to guide and support the successful operation of its business units, including human resources, finance, IT, marketing, and communications.
The Wills Group was founded in 1926, and we are in the process of building the next chapter of our history. From a renewed customer focus to new brand positioning, and from product diversification to expansion into new markets, The Wills Group is evolving who we are and how we operate to pave the way for future success; redefining ourselves for today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
Grounded in rich history since 1926 and strong company values, The Wills Group places its employees at the forefront of all they do, and is equally committed to giving back to the communities where it operates.
You will be an integral part of our family of companies and will play a significant role in taking The Wills Group and its brands to the next level.
Our company is currently seeking a Book Keeper to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for our company.
- Obtain primary financial data for accounting records
- Compute and record numerical data
- Check the accuracy of business transactions
- Perform data entry and administrative duties
- Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Part Time Book Keeper
Seeking someone who knows Quickbooks Pro. Job requirements included, entering in invoices, bills, payments, payroll, collections and shipping orders.
Office Manager / Book Keeper
We are looking to hire an Office Manager/ Book keeper to join our team! You will be responsible for overseeing the administrative activities of the organization.
- Manage records and information
- Book keeping / Accounting
- Plan and maintain work facilities
- Provide administrative assistance to management team
- Typing and doc prep.
- Perform other office tasks (replenish office supplies, distribute mail, custodial duties, etc.)
- All HR aspects of the firm
- Previous experience in accounting including- AR/ AP / payroll/ Bank Reconciliations
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities
- Help maintain lose/ fun work environment
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!