Editor City Job Description Sample
Database Editor / Content Editor - ( Part-Time )
Job Title: Database Editor / Content Editor - ( Part-time )
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 12+ Months
- It is part-time position ( 20 hrs a week/ 4 hrs per day )
- Basic computer knowledge ( as user ) is enough for this role, where candidate can use different software and applications. Additional IT background including SQL can be plus, but not mandatory
- Any editorial or content research background is plus
- Experience with movies and entertainment metadata is plus
- The Entertainment Identifier Registry Association (EIDR) is a not-for-profit industry association that was founded by Movielabs, Cablelabs, Comcast and Client’s to meet a crucial need across the entertainment supply chain for universal identifiers for a broad array of audio visual objects. Client’s provides operations admin support for EIDR to ensure data integrity and adherence to EIDR best practices.
- Operations support staff maintains member credentials, responds to member requests, is responsible for preventing and removing duplicate entries in the EIDR database and handles assigned tasks and projects as required.
- Review and resolve potential duplicate entries between internal database and member-registered records using proprietary software UI
- Resolve identified duplicates according to EIDR best practices
- Respond to customer tickets involving data quality, member credentials and UI issues
- Research and resolve data quality issues for registered programs
- Verify data integrity using database reports and customer-provided feedback
- Perform special projects and additional responsibilities, as assigned or requested
Medical Editor/Sr. Editor Medical - Precision Like A Grand Piano
Top Must-Haves for the Editor/Sr. Editor
- Experience in healthcare advertising or medical communications
- Minimum of 1 year of medical editing and/or proofreading experience
- Working knowledge of AMA style, a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused on one project until completion
- Working knowledge of PubMed and ability to complete research and gather information online is preferred
- Review materials, both hard copy and electronic (including manuscripts, slide decks, ancillary meeting materials, Web site copy, etc.), to ensure that quality standards are met throughout various stages of production
- Edit/proofread for grammar, spelling, sentence/paragraph structure, consistency, formatting, and adherence to style
- Check accuracy and review styling of references
- Assist with fact checking
- Help to develop and maintain editorial server, including keeping style sheets updated, as well as potentially assist with various administrative tasks such as references and permissions
- Work directly with senior editorial staff to take on editorial support as directed, and develop a working knowledge of various programs, clients, and therapeutic areas
- Report to VP, Editorial
- This is a small agency where leadership are heavily involved and fast track those that have a desire to grow and go beyond expectations
- Committed to creating a work environment that encourages its employees to achieve excellence in everything they do
- Challenging the status quo and being creative is how they think and how they implement and show respect for each person and their contributions
Candidates must have MEDICALCOMMUNICATIONSAGENCY or PHARMA ADVERTISING experience to be considered for this role. Client-side candidates will not be considered at this time.
Media & Entertainment Digital Asset Manager, Photo Editor
Digital Asset Manager / Photography Manager
Los Angeles, California
You are passionate about photography and digital asset management: this job is for you.
globaledit is looking for a passionate Digital Asset Manager to join our Customer Success team. This role will be onsite at one of our Media & Entertainment clients in Los Angeles, California leading Digital Asset Management efforts.
Globaledit is the leading provider of a powerful SaaS platform that optimizes and accelerates creative production. The company is Private Equity-backed, based in New York City and Los Angeles. Our Clients include over 70 of the leading fashion brands, retailers, and entertainment companies - including Under Armour, L.L. Bean, Showtime, and CBS. We're part of Industrial Color brands, a family of creative production companies. Check out our video: vimeo.com/91347892
We are looking for someone to help us lead the Digital Asset Management efforts (mainly photography post-production management in our platform) for one of the world's largest Media and Entertainment content creators. You will be responsible for building long-term strategic relationships and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. You will be supporting various client team members within photography, creative and marketing. The ideal candidate would have experience in digital photography, asset management, software support and creative production workflow.
- Manage the transition from partner’s current system to globaledit. Work closely with various globaledit team members to successfully transition thousands of images and associated data, business rules, etc.
- Help create and implement training on newly established globaledit workflows. Ensure that partner team members are taking full advantage of all capabilities
- Announce availability of new images to users
- Establish process to ensure platform users remain compliant with rights management of images
- Be the onsite expert and liaison to other globaledit team members
- Provide User support. Grant access & train new users, manage all support and email inquiries
- Provide production support services including; content management, image processing, metadata tagging, file renaming, approval gallery management, etc.
- Understand Unit and Gallery photography workflows, including managing all uploads & post production efforts; create a short description, legal disclaimer, and metadata for each image
- Engage regularly with client leadership; establish agreed upon goals and driving progress toward those goals
- Advocating for the client as needed by gathering and sharing product feedback with our product management team
- Acting as a problem solver and liaison between clients and product management / software engineering for technical issues.
- Ensuring internal alignment on account strategy with the Account Management team
- Photography: Digital Technician support; Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, CaptureOne, FileMaker. Process recipes & curve setting experience required
- Strong technical savviness and know-how
- Personable, reliable and highly organized
- Has great follow-through skills
- High energy to grow and learn in a fast-growing company
- Digital Asset Management experience; familiarity managing large libraries of photo & videos
- Experience supporting SaaS software platforms
- Industry experience in media, video, photography production (studio & on-set), workflow desirable
- Passion for photography/video a plus
- Exposure to taxonomy and metadata design & implementation
- Usage of project management & reporting systems; Jira, Lucid and Tableau
- Salesforce, Microsoft Suite, Gsuite, OSX exposure
Competitive benefits package
globaledit is an innovative SaaS platform that efficiently manages digital photography and video. The software was created to provide a simple, powerful tool to streamline the creative process from capture to distribution, over the web or using the powerful mobile app. Creative companies can work in the cloud-based platform from anywhere and can collaborate to make markups, selects, approvals, and automate workflow. globaledit is used by leading brands across all industries such as Victoria's Secret, Warner Brothers, New York & Co, Showtime, and NBC Universal.
About Industrial Color Brands
Industrial Color Brands partners with top brands, agencies, and creative professionals providing a full range of essential production services. For over 25 years, Industrial Color Brands has lead the industry by delivering innovative, state-of-the-art digital production and post-production solutions to our clients.
Our group of vertically integrated companies – Industrial Color Studios, Fast Ashleys Studios, Smashbox Studios, Industrial Color, Impact Digital, and globaledit – offers end-to-end services including eCommerce photo studio facilities, photo and video capture, retouching, post-production, and creative workflow solutions. We serve the fashion, retail, advertising, media and entertainment industries worldwide.
The FADER is seeking a creative and organized Associate Editor to join our team. The ideal candidate is well-versed in editorial process and digital trends, as well as emerging music and culture. This role will focus on breaking news and original reporting, and the candidate should bring ideas on how to help editorial content navigate the evolving media landscape. You should be light hearted and funny, and excited to tell the world your opinions. This role reports to the Head of Content.
Please note that due to the large number of applications, we can only respond to successful candidates.
—Collaborate with the editorial team to plan and develop stories
—Liaise with team members ensuring deadlines are met
—Write and edit articles
—Discover new music
—Fearless reporting on uncomfortable subjects
—Proven work experience as an editor
—Strong writing and proofreading skills
—Attention to detail
—Excellent communication skills
—A strong sense of humor
—Lover of memes
Standard Benefits Apply
The FADER is seeking a creative and organized Managing Editor to join our team. The ideal candidate is well-versed in editorial management and digital trends, as well as emerging music and culture. This role will run daily operations of the magazine and website, presenting innovative ideas on how to help editorial content navigate the evolving media landscape. Your skills should be a combination of practical focus on operations as well as a strong desire for innovative storytelling. This role reports to the Head of Content.
Please note that due to the large number of applications, we can only respond to successful candidates.
—Planning and managing all daily operations
—Hiring, coaching, and supervising personnel
—Working with the Head of Content to shape the vision of The FADER’s editorial direction
—Coordinate editorial publications and meetings
—Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
—Control schedules and enforce deadlines (for writers, photographers, designers etc.)
—Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary
—Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style, and tone
—Resolve issues as they arise
—Attend events on behalf of the company
—Growing the FADER’s audience across all platforms
—Experience in a managing role
—Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
—Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
—Excellent organizational and leadership skills
—Outstanding communication and people abilities
—Reliability and efficiency
—Attention to detail
—A strong sense of humor
—A lover of memes
Standard Benefits Apply
Decision Resources Group’s Biopharma Editorial team is seeking a motivated Associate Editor with a strong attention to detail. The Editorial team works closely with Business Insights Analysts and other internal departments to produce high-quality content.
- Edit research-based reports, and other projects as assigned, for grammar, spelling, usage, consistency, and style.
- Provide qualitative feedback to authors regarding common style and grammar issues.
- Act as a resource to analyst teams regarding style and grammar issues.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years’ experience.
- Quick and comprehensive proofreading ability; rapid uptake of style guide issues, idiosyncrasies.
- Ability to copy edit for directness and economy in technical subject matter.
- Ability to recognize fundamental errors in technical content, organization, and logic.
- Familiarity with at least one common style guide (e.g., Chicago, AMA, AP).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with electronic editing.
- Experience editing medical or other scientific writing.
- Experience editing non-native English speakers.
- Experience editing in a content management system.
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed, knowledgeable decisions. With more than 1,300 employees worldwide, Decision Resources Group provides the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and managed care industries with the analytics they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Through both organic growth and an aggressive acquisition strategy, Decision Resources Group has become the premier provider of healthcare analysis and data in the world. Visit our page at https://decisionresourcesgroup.com.
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental, vision and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(K) retirement plan after two complete months of employment.
Decision Resources Group is proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
AT A GLANCE
Mob Scene is seeking an extremely creative and talented Editor to join our team. This individual will report to the Executive Director of Creative Operations and will work closely with the other staff (producers, graphics, finishing). The right candidate should be able to work with little or minimal supervision, be able to work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Edit sizzles, spots, and longer content in both supervised and unsupervised capacity
- Work closely with producers to ensure creative vision is being achieved
- Assist with creative deliverable in a timely and efficient manner
- Fulfill various deliverables in a variety of formats
- Perform other editing duties as may be assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro
- Creative and skilled in trailer storytelling
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or motion graphics (After Effects or Motion)
- Firm understanding of video compression and standard codecs used for broadcast and online
- Experience with audio sweetening
- Basic understanding of broadcast deliverables and delivery methods
- Solid understanding of quality control
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding and time sensitive environment
Strong organizational and time management skills. Able to work on several deadlines
- Ability to manage a high volume of details with excellent accuracy
THE GOOD STUFFFull-time employees receive:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Vacation & Sick time
- 401k with match
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Fun and creative company culture that values its best asset--YOU!
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Meticulous copyediting and proofreading
- Fact-checking references for all materials
- Bringing promotional copy into compliance with FDA regulations
- Ensuring all pieces conform to the Client’s specific style guidelines
- Maintaining and distributing Client- /product-specific guidelines among staff editors
- Ensuring content is accurate and referenced appropriately
- Serving as the Client’s contact authority for all editorial issues
- Interacting with agency team members regarding brand tactics
- Attendance at all daily status, kick-off, and any other team meetings requiring editorial perspective/input for the brand
- Maintaining source and reference files
- Pursuing and documenting grants of permission regarding published materials for Client tactics
- 2-3 years’ experience in medical editing within a pharmaceutical agency or Client setting
- Experience in product launch—US and global
- Stickler for accuracy and perfectionism—relentless attention to detail
- Familiarity with FDA regulations regarding promotional copy of prescription drugs
- Well-versed in the American Medical Association Manual of Style
- Fluency in review of digital/interactive/tablet PC tactics as well as print
- Strong research skills
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences, pre-med
Competitive salary and benefits package
Editor - Freelance
Invodo is a production company and media agency that creates high quality content at the scale and speed required by top brands and retailers.
Invodo is looking for a Freelance Video Editor for our Plano, TX studio. Our Video Editors are responsible for executing on a wide range of videos types including: product, feature/benifit, social, and how to. They are storytellers with a keen eye for detail, timing, and the highest visual quality, yet are ability to successfully produce multiple deadline driven projects at volume. They are best when operating as a part of a team, communicating effectively, and possess excellent organizational skills.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Highly self-motivated with excellent communication skills
- Is capable of collaborating with and following direction from creative leadership and producers
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Razor sharp attention to detail and excellent organization
- Strong work ethic and desire to work in a fast-paced, fun, demanding environment
What You Bring:
- 3+ years of demonstrable professional experience
- Outstanding technical knowledge of video editing principles
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro, and a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Proactive with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Skills in sound mixing & design, color correction & granding, and motion graphics a plus
- Cover letter- Optional
- Resume- Required
- Demo Reel or work samples- Required
ClearVoice is searching for a dynamic Managing Editor to run day-to-day editorial operations in the Phoenix office. If you are tech savvy, passionate about digital marketing and have experience leading creative teams, we're looking for you!
The Managing Editor will directly supervise editorial projects for ClearVoice managed customers and oversee freelancer operations. This individual will also manage in-house strategy and creative teams. Content produced includes blog posts, white papers, case studies, infographics and video.
The Managing Editor reports to and works in close partnership with the ClearVoice executive team. This individual serves as the point person for content quality and standards.
Primary Job Functions:
- Manage a team of editors, strategists and freelancers to plan, produce and deliver exceptional content
- Ensure work is delivered on time and within budget
- Ensure the editorial process is followed and implement improvements
- Work with Accounts and Sales teams to deliver on Content ROI goals and to manage client expectations
- Develop and grow freelance talent in the ClearVoice Marketplace
- Set the standards for content throughout the organization and as a part of the company culture
The Managing Editor is a highly-experienced content producer, manager and editorial leader. This role requires a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has the following:
- A minimum of 10 years of content production/journalism experience with demonstrated results
- Significant editorial and people management experience
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- An entrepreneurial attitude with strong problem-solving skills
- A passion for technology and its role in supporting content creation
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!