Editor Dictionary Job Description Sample
Web Content Editor
Contract Length: 6-months
Job ID: 11510858
At Parallon Technology Solutions (PTS), we serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. Visit our website to learn more about us!
Parallon Technology Solutions is seeking a Digital Content Specialist to join our team in Nashville, TN.
The Digital Content Specialist is responsible for content publishing and development on HCA websites as well as special projects where needed. This role reports to the Web Content Manager.
- Support timely and accurate content publishing to requests received through our ticketing system. Ensures service levels are met.
- Own the web content publishing process: determine the best content publishing solution based on established publishing guidelines and best practices, and details provided by our internal customers.
- Follow web content and publishing best practices, style guide standards, brand standards, WCAG accessibility guidelines, and legal requirements in the content publishing process to assure quality and accuracy.
- Direct unresolved content issues to the next level of support.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in ticketing system documentation.
- Follow-up and update clients on ticket status.
- Collaborate with development managers to create and migrate content for project launches.
- Perform user acceptance testing for new websites, enhancements to content management systems, and general maintenance.
- Audit websites for adherence to established standards, publishing processes, accuracy, and compliance issues.
- Communicate daily with internal and external teams, clients, and vendors regarding project tasks and tickets.
- Provide outstanding client and stakeholder customer service.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of relevant background and work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in web publishing and content management.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated experience with web publishing processes, content management systems and related tools.
- Strong sense of web site layout and design. Experienced in principles of mobile and responsive layouts.
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and photo editing.
- Knowledge of web accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all clients and stakeholders throughout organization.
- Successful history of balancing priorities simultaneously, while working under tight time constraints and meeting deadlines.
- Track record of learning and applying new technologies quickly.
- Proven client support experience, customer-orientated and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities.
#job #job #job #contract #contractor #employee #employment #position #hca #fulltime #contracttohire #remote #telecommute #workfromhome #nashville #nashvillejobs #jobsite #web #web #contenteditor #content #editor #adobe #photoshop #adobephotoshop #html #css #microsoft #microsoftoffice #office
Medical Editor/Sr. Editor Medical - Precision Like A Grand Piano
Top Must-Haves for the Editor/Sr. Editor
- Experience in healthcare advertising or medical communications
- Minimum of 1 year of medical editing and/or proofreading experience
- Working knowledge of AMA style, a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused on one project until completion
- Working knowledge of PubMed and ability to complete research and gather information online is preferred
- Review materials, both hard copy and electronic (including manuscripts, slide decks, ancillary meeting materials, Web site copy, etc.), to ensure that quality standards are met throughout various stages of production
- Edit/proofread for grammar, spelling, sentence/paragraph structure, consistency, formatting, and adherence to style
- Check accuracy and review styling of references
- Assist with fact checking
- Help to develop and maintain editorial server, including keeping style sheets updated, as well as potentially assist with various administrative tasks such as references and permissions
- Work directly with senior editorial staff to take on editorial support as directed, and develop a working knowledge of various programs, clients, and therapeutic areas
- Report to VP, Editorial
- This is a small agency where leadership are heavily involved and fast track those that have a desire to grow and go beyond expectations
- Committed to creating a work environment that encourages its employees to achieve excellence in everything they do
- Challenging the status quo and being creative is how they think and how they implement and show respect for each person and their contributions
Candidates must have MEDICALCOMMUNICATIONSAGENCY or PHARMA ADVERTISING experience to be considered for this role. Client-side candidates will not be considered at this time.
Technical Writer / Editor 4 (Cets)
JOB TITLE: Technical Writer / Editor 4
JOB LOCATION: SPAWARSYSCEN Atlantic
North Charleston, South Carolina
JOB CODE: 11597835
Imagine One is now hiring a Technical Writer to support an awarded contract with The Department of Navy, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic (SPAWARSYSCEN Atlantic), N. Charleston, South Carolina. We are hiring professionals who will be a part of a service center for the Collaborative Engineering Tools Services (CETS) production environment with a goal of implementing an engineering tools service to help embed System Engineering (SE) rigor into projects. This will be accomplished through a scalable platform infrastructure while supporting all aspects of the software development/engineering lifecycle. Requirements are as follows:
- Ten (10) years of experience in the "Relevant Technical Field", to include: writing/editing technical documentation, procedures and guidelines for C4ISR systems or equipment.
- Bachelors’s degree in English, Journalism, or Technical Writing; or fifteen (15) years of experience in the "Relevant Technical Field", to include: writing/editing technical documentation, procedures and guidelines for C4ISR systems or equipment.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Candidate must have an active DoD Secret clearance.
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Technical Writer Editor
TECHNICAL WRITER EDITOR
REFERENCE # 12/18-001
LOCATION – HANFORD
CLOSING DATE: 12/05/2018
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The routine work will be to perform document processing (DP) of reports to meet the requirements of the CERCLA, RCRA and AEA regulatory programs. DP efforts will include formatting documents (RI/FS, proposed plans, work plans, technical memoranda, environmental calculation files, and soil and groundwater technical reports). These documents/reports will be processed per the CHPRC style guide. Other duties included document QC reviews for completeness, and formatting of tables and spreadsheets.
The work location will primarily be in the Federal Building (FOB) in down town Richland, WA. The day-to-day technical work will be directed by the CHPRC Technical Publications Manager and the contract will be managed by the CHPRC project delivery manager for Remedy Selection and Implementation (RS&I).
Working with and through Microsoft SharePoint sites as a routine will be required.
· A.S. in English or applicable sciences. CHPRC will accept four years of directly related experience in lieu of an Associate’s Degree.
· 10 years of directly related DP experience on the Hanford site. Proficient with site standard software including Microsoft Office 2010 and Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. Experience with OUO and related sensitive data
· The candidate must have directly related experience performing DP work on CERCLA decision documents, RCRA regulatory position/compliance documents and AEA monitoring reports/sampling and analysis plans.
· The candidate must have demonstrated experience and success in document processing of production quality documents for public release using the appropriate Hanford/DOE style guide(s). Provide a summary of the work performed (type) over the past 5 years and for whom the work was performed.
· The position requires a highly productive person capable of organizing and executing multiple tasks throughout the day with minimum supervision, must be a creative problem solver who adapts to changes in direction and demands quickly, has strong time management skills, can prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and communicate effectively with diverse personalities.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Please submit a resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line:
TECHNICAL WRITER EDITOR/ REFERENCE 12/18-001.
Resumes submitted must contain the period of performance dates for each position held.
BNL Technical Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HEALTH INSURANCE BENEFITS SUMMARY
ASURIS NORTHWEST HEALTH
o $5,000 Individual Deductible, $10,000 Family Deductible, Preferred Provider $40 Copay then plan pays 100%, Participating Provider $40 Copay then plan pays 50%, Non-Participating Provider $40 Copay then plan pays 50%. $7,350 Out of Pocket Max, $14,700 Family Out of Pocket Max, RX: Pharmacy $20/$40/$80/$150 for 30-day supply
o Life/AD&D: $25,000 Employee
o $5,000 Individual Deductible, $10,000 Family Deductible, $7,350 Out of Pocket Max, $14,700 Family Out of Pocket Max. Mail Order $40/$80/$160/$150 (30-Day Supply)/90-day supply.
· Section 213(d) Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
o BNL Tech will provide up to $3,000 per household in deductible reimbursement after household meets $2,000 of deductible limit.
Delta Dental of WA – D20· $50 Individual Deductible, $150 Family Deductible, $1,500 Annual Maximum, Preventive Type 1 Services – 100%, Basic Type 2 Services –80%, Major Type 3 Services – 50%
VSP Vision Care· In Network: $20 Copay and 100% Eye Exam Every 12 Months.
· Out of Network: $20 Copay, pays up to $45 for exam.
· Hardware-not covered.
Lincoln Financial Group· Short-Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· $20,000 Life Insurance Policy
· Optional: Additional Life Insurance Coverage (Employee Out of Pocket Expense)
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & More
Branded Content Editor
Babylist is looking for a full-time Branded Content Editor to drive branded content growth and oversee the entire process from pre-sale pitches through execution. The ideal candidate is a creative, adaptable writer who’s passionate about creating excellent, on-brand content that align with partners’ objectives.
This role will report to the Managing Editor and work closely with the Marketing and Ad Sales teams.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have 3+ years in content creation for a strong editorial brand with either experience in branded content or a strong strategic understanding of applying editorial to branded content.
- You have experience working with clients and helping translate their vision into on-brand content solutions.
- You're a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills— you should be able to communicate across teams to find solutions whenever possible.
- You are a great communicator in person and on paper, with a creative vision, spot-on judgement, and the ability to take talking points and turn them into engaging, authentic and relatable content.
- You have a flawless command of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- You take initiative and work efficiently with little direction.
- You are eager to work in a fast-moving startup environment and collaborate with others on innovative new processes.
- You have a four-year college degree or equivalent.
- You are based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Plus: you have experience with producing or advising on video content.
- Plus plus: You are passionate about expecting parents and the vertical of baby products.
- Pitch, write and edit all branded content. This includes: advertorial articles, emails, social copy, contests/sweeps, editorial integrations and more.
- Create a scalable strategy for successful branded content that supports partner goals while resonating with the Babylist audience.
- Use data to evaluate existing custom content and identify new opportunities and iterate on your ideas with real world feedback.
- Maintain Babylist brand and editorial integrity in all copy and marketing work.
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing, sales and account management to drive custom content campaigns, processes and workflows.
Founded in 2011, Babylist is the fastest growing universal baby registry in the US. We make the journey to parenthood easier and less overwhelming with our helpful content, curated store and universal baby registry. In 2017 more than $150m in gifts were purchased from the Babylist platform. Our content reaches more than 1m families every month, and 1 in 5 expecting parents in the US create a Babylist. We strive to be the largest baby registry in the US and to develop an innovative ecommerce strategy that serves new parents wherever they are.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
* We get stuff done.
* We have a real impact in many people’s lives.
* We're passionate about our users and we genuinely like and appreciate them.
* We work at a sustainable pace for long-term gains (yes, we’re profitable).
* We’re a technological and data-driven business.
* We are doers, but also thinkers.
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative.
* We have smart, experienced leadership that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
Intelligence Technical Editor
Job Description: Job Number: R0043766
Intelligence Technical Editor
Edit technical documents, including manuals, procedures, and specifications created by software and computer engineers for grammar, punctuation, formatting, and clarity. Perform document management functions, ensuring documents are placed in the correct folders on the systems. Assist team members with following material and production through the stages of publishing, including layout and formatting by interfacing with technical writers, illustrators, Word processors, and ensure the final product meets all requirements and specifications. Participate in the development of the department editing standards and styles and the interpretation of government standards.
2+ years of experience with written document production or editing
Experience with intelligence production
Experience with defense tradecraft standards
Knowledge of military affairs, national security doctrines, or military capabilities
Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including expertise in editing
TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.
Game Editor Developer (Contract)
Client is looking for an experienced software engineer to help create our next-generation game editor to enable artists and designers to create innovative games universe. We are looking for a talented and experienced programmer with proven ability to help us deliver a solid, usable system to create content for our AAA game title. As a candidate, you should understand and have experience with the challenges of large, real-time application development.
- As an engineer on the core editor team you will work with other engine developers to modify our internally developed game engine to create the foundation on which all of our internal content editing features and pipelines will be built
- Work across many different disciplines to enable artists and designers to bring our game to life and push the boundaries of what people expect from real-time games.
- Work with producers to accurately schedule and coordinate cross-team to deliver polished, fully comprehensive experiences.
- At least 3 years of professional C#
- Experience developing large WPF applications
- Passion for creating amazing AAA game experiences
- Previous game development experience and knowledge of game development technologies
- Strong cross-team communication skills
- Good understanding of algorithms, performance, optimization and debugging
- Adept code refactoring skills
- Strong UX design sensibilities
- C++ experience
Editor Or Senior Editor - Cultural, Media, And Communication Studies
Palgrave Macmillan specialises in cutting-edge academic books in the Humanities and Social Sciences. It publishes monographs, journals, textbooks, professional and reference works, in subjects ranging from Political Science, Economics and History, to Literature, Linguistics and Business.
Editor / Senior Editor - Cultural, Media, and Communication Studies
New York, US or London, UK
Closing Date: 17th December 2018
Palgrave Macmillan, a part of Springer Nature, is a global cross-market publisher specializing in cutting-edge academic books. We publish monographs, journals, textbooks, professional and reference works, in print and online. In subjects ranging from Political Science, Economics and History, to Literature, Linguistics and Sociology, the list contains original works by many of the foremost scholars, writers and editors in the world, including Nobel laureates and internationally recognized experts.
Palgrave Macmillan is looking for a motivated editor to manage the Cultural, Media, and Communication Studies list. The ideal candidate will be a commercially-aware, target-driven, energetic, and creative self-starter, who is passionate about scholarly publishing.
Reporting to the Head of Film, Culture and Media, the Editor will be responsible for acquiring and publishing a program of research monographs, edited volumes, Handbooks, Palgrave Pivots, MRWs and advanced texts for the scholarly market, to ensure the strategic growth of the list. Specific responsibilities include:
Seeking out new authors and book ideas: to actively research ideas, topics, and people for potential books and book series in line with the list and company strategy.
Evaluating proposals and manuscripts to determine commercial viability, audience, and market; offer editorial feedback.
Developing a strategy to ensure sustainable growth of the list in line with the wider divisional and company strategy.
Negotiating the acquisition/contract process with authors, signing an agreed number of new titles each year.
Serving as a project manager for each book project, coordinating delivery date, manuscript formatting, production workflows, and author management to ensure publication targets are met each year.
Attending academic conferences and conducting campus visits to meet new authors as well as to promote and build the Palgrave brand in the media and communication market. International travel will be required.
Liaison with global editorial colleagues as well as production, sales, marketing, and publicity.
Managing an editorial assistant to ensure high-quality list management.
Other duties as required.
Previous publishing experience
Experience in an editorial acquisition capacity and/or in an academic publishing environment
Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office applications; database familiarity preferred
Superior verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills
Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work both independently and as part of a team
Keen proofreading skills
Please ensure to include a cover letter along with a CV in your application
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Life and AD&D
Flexible Spending Accounts
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.
Fluent is looking for an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, and incredibly savvy Senior Editor to help evolve our rapidly growing Media Brand - The Smart Wallet; a website dedicated to teaching our readers how to save money, earn money, and take better control of their finances.
As Senior Editor, you must commit the pillars of our content strategy: brand trust, making money approachable and creating expansive and engaging evergreen content. The Senior Editor will work closely with the Lead Product Manager, Brand Manager, and Platform Strategist in our mission to become the fastest growing Media Brand in the US. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative team rethinking what the growth of a Media Brand and what content monetization looks like. This person must be willing to start as an individual contributor and grasp the opportunity to build a team of A-players to assist us in our mission.
The Smart Wallet team is unapologetic about our strict guidelines for A-players only. We are a passionate and fun group of people looking to genuinely educate our readers on how to improve their finances and take control of their financial life. We scour the internet to find the best and most innovative offers and products and create fun and engaging content to connect our readers to them directly on the world’s largest digital platforms. We monetize our content exclusively with direct advertiser partnerships - no networks, no display inventory. This creates a superior experience for our readers, a must-work-with brand for financially minded digital products, and an easily scalable internet business model. As a team, we lean on instinct as much as we do data to drive our creative and growth decisions. As Senior Editor, you will be expected to do the same.
What drives you should be a desire to understand readers and continually improve how we help them, in whatever form that takes, whether it be our current guide format, a video, a bulleted list, or an as-yet-undetermined form of communication. You should have strong opinions on what “great” looks like, both in making product recommendations (our content) and how it is communicated (our presentation). We are reinventing digital product recommendation journalism, adding intelligence, data-backed decision making, intimacy, and integrity.
- Determine what great work looks like, from ensuring that we make the best recommendations to creating & writing compelling, reader-centric editorial
- Drive audience development and growth, ensuring that we create coverage that both extends our reach and creates loyal superfans who turn to The Smart Wallet for every financial decision
- Breaking down complex and innovative digital products into simple, engaging and digestible content in both creation and direction
- Partner with other strategic team members, from Product & Operations to Analytics, to best inform your content strategy and direction
- Mentor and develop Writers, Copywriters, Content Strategists
- Be data-conscious when curating and directing new content: using an understanding of the past to dictate the successful content of the future
- Being an energetic, ambitious, creative, and amiable team player that everyone wants to and enjoys working with
- Minimum 4 Years of Experience as a Senior Writer or Editor at a successful digital website or publication
- Track record of overseeing compelling editorial in digital across text, photo, video, and social
- Ability to recruit, retain, and motivate, with a willingness to delegate
- Experience working with data-driven engagement metrics to determine successful content
- Willingness to work out of the NYC office
- Wordpress Experience preferred especially during the early stages of the job
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…
- Competitive salary
- Discounted gym memberships
- Ample career and professional growth opportunities
- Open office space for team collaboration
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with generous employer match
- The amazing opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company
News Video Editor PT
News Video Editor PT
I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The News Video Editor at Arizona's Family CBS 5 & 3 TV (Meredith Corp.) edits non-linear stories for 3TV newscasts. Receive and follow instructions on editing of ENG material, from talent or producers.
Work performed is for all media platforms and initiatives, including for example: on-air, web, digital and social media.
II. Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
70 Re-record material from raw master video according to instruction. Observe edits as they are being made on the electronic equipment and correct those that appear to be incorrect technically, aesthetically or for editorial content
10 Set up equipment for and receive microwave feeds from inter-city link, satellite or mobile van transmission.
20 Organize material and coordinate with all stations to ensure programs are completed in a timely manner
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
College degree or technical diploma preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Must have full time promotion or production editing experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience with INews or similar editing experience is acceptable. Must be able to complete projects with minimal supervision. . Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and holidays.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 0
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!