Educational Resource Coordinator Job Description Sample
Educational Consultant - Resource Development - Peabody Special Education
Peabody Special Education (Job Number: 1700539)
About the Position: The Educational Consultant for Research Development position involves work on a federally funded grant at the IRIS Center ( https://iris.peabody.vanderbilt.edu at https://iris.peabody.vanderbilt.edu/ ), the primary mission of which is to develop and disseminate engaging, interactive online resources about working with all students, particularly those with disabilities. As an Educational Consultant, you will be to work with national experts and in-house IRIS developers to research, write, and review content for instructional modules, case study units, and other resources on topics related to the center’s mission. Additionally, you will conduct presentations and dissemination activities at local, state, and national conferences.
Researching educational topics
Reviewing educational resources
Developing resources (e.g., Modules, case studies, activities)
Working with content experts in educational areas
Presenting at conferences (local and national)
About Vanderbilt University: Vanderbilt is a renowned private institution founded in 1873 located a little more than a mile from downtown Nashville, TN. The university’s students, faculty, staff and visitors frequently cite Nashville as one of the perks of Vanderbilt. VU is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt was recently ranked #1 in the Princeton Review at https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2017/08/01/vanderbilt-has-happiest-students-again-according-to-2017-princeton-review-best-colleges-rankings/ among 382 top colleges and universities for “happiest students” - as well as #2 for “best quality of life” and “great financial aid,” #5 for “best run colleges” and “beautiful campus,” and #6 for both being in a “college city that students love” and having “great campus/city relations.”
Master’s Degree in Special Education
Strong writing skills
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Good team player
Receptive to feedback
Available to travel to conferences (local and national)
Additional Information: Please Note: Applicant will be required to provide a writing sample based on a predetermined educational research article.
Benefits: In addition to offering a lively community that encourages learning and celebrates diversity, VU offers a competitive, flexible benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, accidental death & dismemberment, disability insurance, paid time off, and a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match. Vanderbilt offers tuition assistance to employees, spouses and dependent children. Also, after five years of service, Vanderbilt will pay up to 55% of the tuition for up to three dependent children to earn a bachelor's degree. Learn more about Vanderbilt's benefits at VU Benefits Overview at https://hr.vanderbilt.edu/benefits/6.1.17BenefitsOverview-Candidate-.pdf
Acceptance of Feedback – Ability to take constructive criticism with grace, and make improvements without taking it personally or holding grudges.When wrong, owns it – freely admits mistakes.
Adaptability – Ability to read cues and adapt accordingly.Ability to adjust style and approach to accommodate the styles and needs of others.Can anticipate and effectively de-escalate potential conflicts.
Creative Thinking – Ability to go beyond the boundaries of the job description, willingly takes on new challenges, finds creative solutions rather than always awaiting a manager’s direct instructions
Helpful Nature – Offers to help lighten the load for others in times of need.Volunteers rather than waiting to be asked.Understands that almost no one works in a silo, and will need the help of others to do their job well, and that by helping others first, they will likely reciprocate.
Integrity – Holds oneself accountable; takes responsibility for failures as well as successes, recognizes that trust is required to hold a team together.
Maturity -- Exhibits professional maturity; doesn’t pass the buck to dodge accountability; doesn’t engage in petty office politics or inappropriate social conduct
Respect – Is friendly, tirelessly cordial, polite, and genial.Comes in to work with a good attitude and doesn’t bring their own personal “little black clouds” into the work environment.
Responds Promptly -- When emails and phone messages aren’t returned in a timely way, it sends the message that the other party is not important.Responds even if just to acknowledge receipt and provide a timeframe by which the requester can expect a full response.
Is Nice – Asks questions and is a good listener.Smiles and is grateful.Sends appropriate notes of thanks to others who have helped.Avoid gossip or saying negative things about co-workers.Patient and generous.Make suggestions rather than stating hard and fast opinions.Avoids being negative, sarcastic, and cynical.
Shares – Shares information. Communicates.Transmits knowledge . . . knowledge isn’t power – sharing knowledge is.Asks for advice.
Resilience -- Is resilient in the face of daunting challenges and setbacks; bounces back readily.
Work through Issues – It isn’t about the people, it’s about the outcome.If things aren’t going well, outcomes suffer.Be willing to have crucial conversations if things aren’t going well.Doesn’t just complain to management . . . does everything possible to remedy the situation directly first.
Teamwork – Values teamwork and co-workers; make them feel valuable and important by acknowledging what they do.Doesn’t expect from others effort that one is unwilling to do themselves.Find ways to complement other’s strong suits.
Praises Publicly; Criticizes Privately.When dealing with a difficult co-workers or customers, “pretend your children are watching” how the situation is handled.Good manners help keep a cool head.Gives credit where credit is due.
Assumes the Best -- Assume that others are working as hard as you are on things that are as important as what you are working on.Just because you don’t know what someone does, it doesn’t mean they’re not doing anything.
Raises the Bar – Expects and delivers excellence.Is a creative problem solver.Is proactive.Welcomes input on making things better.Places a high value on learning and getting better
Believes– Believes in the work being done and the organization.
Perspective – Maintains a sense of humor and perspective.Can laugh first and foremost at oneself.
Reliable – Does what they say they will do, when they say they will do it.Shows up for work when expected.Doesn’t push the burden of work volume or deadlines to others.
Honest and Transparent – Doesn’t have hidden agendas.Doesn’t play people against each other.Is authentic and forthright.
Autonomous – Self-managing; self-motivated.Manages time, activities and outcomes well so that progress stays on track.
Detail-Oriented – Even small mistakes can create big issues; attention to detail work indicates care about the outcomes.
Hard-Working – Is industrious as well as efficient (busy isn’t the same as productive).Be persistent.Can juggle multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
Eager – Enthusiastic, wanting to learn, wanting to continue one’s personal and professional development and expertise. This position requires a Masters degree and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
Primary Location:United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Organization:21220 - Special Education
Job:Research, Extension, and Other Education Professionals
Resource Development Coordinator
Position: Resource Development CoordinatorLocation:
Reports To: Manager of Personal Training and Resource Development
Wage Status: Exempt
The Association: The National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) is accepting applications for the position of Resource Development Coordinator located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The NSCA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) professional membership organization with more than 50,000 professionals worldwide. The NSCA’s mission as the worldwide authority on strength and conditioning is to support and disseminate research-based knowledge and its practical application, to improve athletic performance and fitness.
Basic Functions: Reporting to the Manager of Personal Training and Resource Development, the Resource Development Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of professional development resources including courses, certificates, programs and tools offered by the NSCA.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Develop and maintain product lifecycles for NSCA’s professional development resources and product families.
· Serve as project manager to ensure educational products/services are planned, promoted and delivered on time to stakeholders.
· Evaluate usability to ensure the effective execution of education products and services.
· Initiate and maintain stakeholder experience feedback and initiate product improvements accordingly.
· Manage and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for professional development resources.
· Maintain existing NSCA programs (e.g.: Foundations of Coaching Lifts, RSCC, RCPT).
· Collaborate with NSCA internal departments and Foundation as needed to support professional development resources.
· Coordinate financial forecasts for existing and proposed professional development resources and evaluate product performance against forecasts.
· Represent NSCA as needed at Association and third-party events in support or evaluation of professional development resources.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Sports Management, Business or related field.
· Demonstrated experience writing and executing project strategies.
· Experience gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data to make business decisions.
· Basic project management experience with a track record of successful project delivery.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of exercise science and strength and conditioning.
· Certificate in project management.
Working Conditions and Physical
· Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on a computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face to face.
Travel: Approximately 10%
· This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply please send a cover letter, current résumé to:
Human Resources Department – Lisa Fisher
National Strength and Conditioning Association
1885 Bob Johnson Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
RN Resource Coordinator / DON
Responsible for facilitating, coordinating in conjunction with health care team, staffing, supplies/equipment, and patient flow/scheduling as a charge agent. Develop, motivate, assess, and negotiate as a charge agent in an effort to enhance organizational effectiveness. Utilizes the nursing process to care for patients of all ages. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Additional unit specific education and/or qualifications may be required. Minimum of 2 years experience as a RN. Must have the ability to work effectively with fellow employees, MDs, and patients, as well as the general public. Must have experience in the related field. Georgia RN license required.
Dispatcher (Field Resource Coordinator PT)
Field Resource Coordinator (Atlanta GA -Downtown)
ESP Enterprises, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Dispatcher
PLEASE NOTE Available Schedules:
6 am – 2:30 pm Fri-Mon
7 am – 3:30 pm Sat/Sun
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (May be required to perform additional equivalent job duties.)
Under direct supervision plans and prepares field technician schedules, directs responses to field and external customer calls by performing the following duties.
• Answer service calls via telephone and directs them to the proper resource.
• Communicate and coordinate with internal and external departments.
• Expedites operations that delay response or repair times.
• Prepares, plans and project field technician schedules.
• Record details of calls, actions and down-times.
• Responsible for dispatch management.
• Direct work activities of dispatchers, field technicians and stock clerks.
• Provide touch labor as needed.
• Perform ad-hoc tasks as needed.
Good planning and organizational skills required. Detail oriented. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to lift 10-25 lbs.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: (education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities)
High school plus three years of related experience in a dispatch environment. Ability to interface with various management levels. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and computer terminal usage. Ability to type 35wpm.
Must pass background check and drug test.
Pay: $13 - $ 15.00 an hour
Human Resource Coordinator
We are seeking a Human Resource Coordinator to become a part of our team! You will be responsible for coordinating and managing HR activities for the organization.
- Coordinates and provides a variety of human resource services that vary in complexity.
- Implement company culture, values and policies
- Develop workforce strategies, to recruit and develop qualified candidates
- Coordinate events focused on employee recognition and dedication
- Advocate for employee retention and development
- Oversee data entry and maintenance of employee records
- Participate in the investigation and guidance for disciplinary actions
- Previous experience in Human Resources or other related fields
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Fundamental knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Ability to build rapport with all employees
- Strong leadership qualities
- Minimum Education: High School or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: 2 Years
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Skilled in payroll or personnel processing with knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Ability to establish and maintain accurate payroll and personnel records.
- Preferred Education: Associates Degree
- Preferred Experience: 3 Years
Human Resource Coordinator
Our firm is looking to fill a Human Resource Coordinator. He/She is a coordinator for all important functions such as hiring and recruiting, and development, maintaining employee records, etc. In some situations, he/she even supervises and renders guidance to the clerical staff, trainees, and volunteers.
- The job primarily includes coordinating work inside the HR department. He/She maintains a detailed record of the turnover, and researches and formulates strategies which effectively aid in employee retention.
- The coordinator is also responsible for consulting with managers and supervisors about company policies and procedures, and whenever necessary in helping them.
- Responsibility also includes assessing, sieving, and interviewing candidates for available positions; and making referrals of well-qualified and skillful applicants to the respective department managers and handling positions for summer students.He/She has to be in regular touch with project managers for any requirements related with projects, and prepare periodical announcements of required positions.
- Responsibility also includes assessing, sieving, and interviewing candidates for available positions; and making referrals of well-qualified and skillful applicants to the respective department managers and handling positions for summer students.
- Other tasks assigned to him/her include carrying out field interview campaigns and advertising, arranging for all essentials needed for the recruitment drive, coordinating work with other staff members, determining employee performance appraisals and developing plans and strategies for recruitment.
- A human resources coordinator carries out the duty of conducting employee recognition activities like service honors and 'Employee of the Year' awards.
- If the coordinator has a wide expertise in the human resources field, he/she may allowed to review employment procedures and suggest revisions to heighten the efficiency of the operations in a particular practice.
All qualified candidates are to send a cover letter and resume. Qualified candidates will be called in for a interview.
Human Resource /Benefits Coordinator
Human Resource /Benefits Coordinator
Silver Spring, MD
Experience providing administrative support in a human resources department
2-3 years HR experience
Understanding of HR policies and practices
Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Experience entering information into HRIS system
Assisting payroll department as needed
Strong customer service skills
Ability to multi-task and coordinate various projects simultaneously
Excellent understanding of the importance of confidentiality and data security
Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with attention to a high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
Bachelor's degree from 4 year university a must
The Human Resource/Benefits Coordinator is responsible for providing support as needed to the Human Resources Department
Update personnel records and information in database
Make changes as requested to personnel records
Update HRIS system
Assist on projects as needed
Set up trainings and meetings
File documents in personnel records
Create and edit documents, correspondence and spread sheets
Human Resource & Recruiting Coordinator
Human Resources & Recruiting Coordinator
Firm Description: Michelman & Robinson LLP, recognized as one of the top mid-sized Law Firms, is a fast growing law firm with offices in California, Chicago and New York. Since 1999 we have been unwavering in our commitment to a fully engaged workforce and a strategic industry-focused approach to practicing law.
We have an immediate opening at our headquarters located in the Westwood area of Los Angeles for an experienced Human Resources & Recruiting Coordinator to join us in our dynamic, collaborative and collegiate environment where professional development is encouraged and valued.
We’re looking for a team member with a flexible and positive approach to their work and a welcoming demeanor to interact with and provide service to a large group of internal coworkers.
In the role of Human Resources & Recruiting Coordinator, you are an integral part of the HR team, using your drive and energy to support the day-to-day operations of the department. Expect to be the initial point of contact for HR related questions from employees at all levels. Additionally, use your strong organizational and interpersonal skills to assist with staff and attorney recruiting, and provide general administrative support within the human resources department.
- Serve as resource for general HR information, responding to management and employees with information and interpretation of human resource policies and procedures.
- Participate in and support the recruitment / hiring process by working closely with the HR Director and Attorney Recruiting & Integration Manager on staff and attorney recruitment to include tracking, screening, interview scheduling and providing employment offers.
- Provide internal departments with notification of new hires, changes and separations, and work closely with Payroll to ensure changes are processed and accurate information is maintained in HRIS systems.
- Ensure a smooth and organized operation by maintaining personnel-related records including I-9, EEO and other employment records maintained in files and electronically.
- Prepare reports on HR statistics, key performance indicators, EEO-1 Report, etc.
- Organize and compile various packets, emails and materials required for recruiting, interviewing, orientation and on-boarding.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience providing administrative support within the HR department of a mid-size professional services organization and a Bachelor degree required; HR certification preferred.
- General knowledge of HR and payroll functions, employment and benefit regulations, and compensation practices generally acquired through study of workforce trends and ongoing attendance at conferences, seminars, professional association meetings.
- A self-starter who can rely on their skill in prioritizing and organizing their workflow to respond to multiple requests.
- Strong attention to detail required to analyze and compile data for reporting.
- Dependable with the willingness to take the initiative to work collaboratively and with a sense of urgency.
- Written and oral communication skills necessary to successfully interact with and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, vendors, guests and clients.
- A desire and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and embrace opportunities for process improvements.
- Proficiency with HRIS systems, preferably Paycom, ATS software, and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) version 2013 or higher.
Competitive salary and generous benefits package provided.
Contact Information: Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume. Learn more about us at www.mrllp.com.
No agency inquiries please.
Resource Management Coordinator
Resource Management Coordinator
Education and Resource Management
Full time, Exempt
New York City Metro Area
With roots that go back 20 years, Generation Ready is the Nation’s leading professional development partner, working with superintendents, principals and teachers to elevate student achievement through professional learning services, and targeted school and district solutions. We engage specialized and experienced consultants to provide job-embedded professional development to thousands of schools across the country. We are raising student achievement and building thriving learning environments by aligning research-based professional development with the latest technology.
The corporate business processes to manage this body of consulting professionals involves the matching of consultant skillsets and expertise to clients based on their needs, as well as monitoring the efficacy of the work completed as it impacts both teachers and students post engagement. Analytical decision support is required throughout the engagement process to ensure cost/service effectiveness to clients and the broader management of Generation Ready business.
This newly created position will be an integral part of the Education and Resource Management team ensuring that the team consistently provides high-quality data and strategic analysis with respect to the consultant allocation and expense management processes. Working closely with our Academic, Operations, and Regional personnel, the individual in this role will use existing planning tools as well as create new tools to drive effective decision-making with respect to consultant match to client based on the following business factors:
ü Skillset and experience
ü Geographic proximity to client location
ü Consultant availability
ü Consultant workload
ü Travel and expense management
This role will also provide analytic support for the consultant recruiting process, including identifying candidate sources on a regional basis for new and existing markets, and providing Human Resources with targeted information to coordinate hiring campaigns.
Success in this position requires the ability to identify the appropriate ways to aggregate and present financial and non-financial data in a form that is most useful to the Resource Management team as well as regional managers responsible for the project management and P&L for their region. In addition to strong and self-reliant analysis skills, success also requires the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and work across varying levels in the organization.
· Serve as primary point of contact for analysis of consultant allocation factors highlighted above
· Day-to-day responsibility for analysis of consulting cost factors such as overtime and travel expenses; including, researching, booking, and authorizing travel related expenses
· In addition to reporting and analysis related to the cost factors, responsible for reaching out to individual consultants and field management on an ongoing, case-by-case basis to provide guidance and support
· Identify scalable efficiencies in the sourcing and booking processes for consultants’ travel
· Closely partner with the National Operations and Technology team on reporting and operational improvements
· Identify, implement and monitor performance metrics to evaluate progress of operational impacts related to Resource Management
· Work with metrics associated with staff utilization, cost, capacity, and demand. This role will also be working with metrics associated with the skill and knowledge areas of our staff.
· Collaborate with the Education Team on supporting the analysis of consulting efficacy as measured via Teacher performance and Student performance
· Provide ongoing analytic support to cross functional teams for targeting, selection and recruiting of consultants
· Other projects and assignments as required
· Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent experience
· Minimum three to six years of experience in project management, financial analysis, operations analysis, financial management or other relevant field
· Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
· Advanced proficiency using the MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
o For Excel particular emphasis on using Pivot Tables, Database/Table functions, Lookup Tables, Index Tables
· Familiarity with expense management systems (ideally NetSuite), Sharepoint Online
· Visual eye for effective presentation of data
· Familiarity with conceptual design of technology systems and data management tools
· Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor information based on the intended audience
· Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, and to proactively identify opportunities for improvement
· Proven writing and editing skills
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Organizational skills and the ability handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with great attention to detail
· Experience in Educational Services industry
· Experience in resource management and utilization for consulting services or other staffing related industry
· Experience with data acquisition, transformation tools/processes
· Experience in collecting, analysing and using data effectively to bring about improved outcomes for students
· Experience working in a start-up environment and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done
· Familiarity with other analytic tools, data aggregation and report writing toolsets
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
Please send resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Generation Ready is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Tax Resource Coordinator, Tax Schedule Coordinator
Tax Resource Scheduling Coordinator
$50,000 to $60,000 + Bonus plus benefits
Years of Experience: 5-7 yrs (preferably in a professional services environment)
Purpose: Assist overall accounting practice to maximize timely client service and associate utilization via the efficient staffing of engagements on a real-time basis.
· Run scheduling meeting on a regular basis. Said meeting should last approximately an hour. Accordingly, this function entails preliminary meetings with director group on an individual basis to identify resource needs (based hours and skillset) in accordance with projected client commitments.
· Capture changes in project assignments by maintaining a scheduling tool that is centralized and can be updated on a real-time basis. The scheduling tool should capture client assignments and other time commitments.
· Serve as central point of communication to help realign resources real-time in between scheduling meetings (i.e., urgent client requests, unexpected delays in client projects that would leave associates unassigned, etc.).
· Communicate with associates on an ongoing basis to maximize utilization on a weekly basis and ensure an equitable distribution of client projects (based on hours and skillset).
· Communicate with director group to resolve scheduling conflicts.
· Communicate with other offices (e.g., DC office) to identify potential resources to assist Miami office during peak compliance times.
· Maintain ongoing analysis of scheduled versus actual hours and discuss with director group/associates any material differences. Provide other reports to director group as requested based on current or projected needs.
Education: Bachelor of Business Administration
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels, MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); Database management tools a plus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!