Election Clerk Job Description Sample
BizyBee Professional Staffing &Biz’Ness Solutions, LLC is seeking a qualifiedElection Judge. This assignment is located in State of Maryland. An election judge plays a very important role in the election process. Election judges work as a team to ensure a fair and accessible election.
Election judges are trained before Election Day. They report about one hour before the polls open and serve until all duties are completed after the polls close at 8:00 p.m. The polls open at 10 a.m. for early voting and 7:00 a.m. on Election Day.
- You get paid
- You help voters
- You are involved in the election process
Under Maryland law, you can serve as an election judge if you are:
- Age 16 or older*
- Are a registered voter in Maryland
- Physically and mentally able to work at least a 15-hour day
- Willing to work outside your home precinct;
- Able to sit and/or stand for an extended period
- Can speak, read, and write English
* If you are 16 years old, you may be able to serve if you show your local board of elections that you are qualified to be an election judge and a parent or guardian gives permission.
NOTE: Some positions require election judges to be able to lift boxes and other items weighing 10 to 25 lbs
Personal Transportation is Mandatory
If you have an updated resume, you are encouraged to reply via email with the "Word Formatted" document
Interviews are conducted on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday between 9:00am-12pm
Bring your valid State ID and Social Security Card
Annapolis, MD 21401
Duration: 5 months
- Have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience providing training or instruction or teaching in a classroom setting.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of work experience that demonstrates an ability to follow directions, work quickly and accurately, and complete required documentation.
- Be able to lift at least fifty-five (55) pounds.
- Be able to work evening, early morning and weekend hours.
- An individual with experience with election-related training is preferred.
We, at Etalentnetwork, know the importance of recruiting the best IT staff to add value to your business. Our team works around the clock to ensure that your recruitment related needs are filled as soon as they arise and without adding to your costs. By outsourcing the recruitment process, you will be able to concentrate on your core competencies and yet get top talent to work with you.
Election Poll Worker
Election Poll Worker Posted on: 2017/03/09 Temporary employee
An employee in a position established for a period not to exceed six months. Casual employee
- An employee who normally performs less than twenty hours of scheduled work within a basic work period of 40 hours per work week. Notice to Election Poll Worker Applicants The Los Alamos County Human Resources Division requires that you complete a Los Alamos County Election Poll Worker Job Application with an original signature.
Please do not submit the general County job application. Applicants submitting an incomplete application may not qualify as Election Poll Workers. All qualifying information must appear on the application.
Minimum Qualifications: •Must be a registered voter in Los Alamos County. •Must be able to read and write. •Must execute the precinct board member’s oath of office.
Under the general supervision of the Bureau of Elections Manager or designee, assists in duties associated with primary and general elections.
Duties may include absentee and early voting as well as Election Day voting. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information. The general level and nature of this position are described in the headings below.
This is not an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this classification. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: •Knowledge of general election procedures. •Knowledge of computer and basic office skills. •Skill in maintaining confidentiality. •Ability to comprehend, learn and follow New Mexico Election Laws and instructions given by the County Clerk, Bureau of Elections Manager or designee. •Ability to carry out a precinct board member’s functions with acceptable skill and dispatch. •Ability to recognize election issues and promptly report any issues to the Presiding Judge or County Clerk as necessary. •Ability to remain nonpartisan while present at the polls. •Ability to interact and communicate with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds. •Ability to read and write. •Ability to use good judgment. Essential Duties and
•Attends Poll Worker training. •Determines voter eligibility through identification and poll lists. •Issues ballots to eligible voters. •Responds to voter questions regarding voting processes. •Maintains election equipment security throughout the election period. •Adheres to established laws, policies, rules and regulations set forth in New Mexico State Statutes, Los Alamos County Charter and Federal law and guidelines. •Performs other duties as required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; have manual and finger dexterity; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally be required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
May occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 20 lbs. Work Environment: Work is performed in an indoor setting with moderate noise level.
Long hours, evening, holiday and weekend work may be required with advance notice. Each and every county position requires the following professional skills and abilities as key and necessary elements of performance. Employees are required to: •Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance; •Work well with others and participate fully in a team oriented environment; •Interface with other employees and customers in a courteous and respectful manner; •Project positive support of their department and all county organizations at all times; and, •Maintain and enhance the county’s commitment to customer service excellence.
How to Apply: County Application is Required. Apply at the Human Resources Division, County of Los Alamos,1000 Central Avenue, Suite 230, Los Alamos, NM 87544.
Applications are available in our office, at www.losalamosnm.us or by calling (505)662-8040. All vacant positions are listed on the above website and on our Job Line at (505)662-8039. If you are an individual with a disability who is in need of an auxiliary aid or service to participate in the examination process, notify the Human Resources Division at (505)662-8040 at the time of application.
Some documents can be provided in accessible formats. Contact Human Resources at the above number if an accessible format is needed. Applications become a public record upon receipt and may be made available for public inspection.
Selection Procedure: The Incorporated County of Los Alamos does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, genetic information or veteran status in employment or the provisions of service. LOS ALAMOS COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Status Open Deadline for Submissions: 06/30/2018
Precinct Election Official
To apply for a Precinct Election Official please click HERE
Job Title:* Precinct Election Official
Salary:* $160.00 Daily
Job Type:* Temporary Hired (less than 75 working days)
Location:* 935 Second St. SW, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Election Services Manager
This position is open to all current King County Elections career service
employees only. King County Elections is excited to offer an opportunity for a current career service Elections employee to join the department's Leadership as our Election Services Manager. This position within Elections will manage, direct and administer the daily operations of multiple programs such as Ballot Delivery & Collection, Candidate & Jurisdiction coordination and Elections Project Management. The successful candidate will become a member of the Elections Leadership team which uses a lean, collaborative management style to support the Director. We are looking for a strong communicator with experience working with operations and a history of building team success using innovation and continuous improvement principles. The primary goal of this position will be to support the mission and vision of the department by managing all Election Services and Project Management functions for the department. This leader will interface with the Elections' leadership and state/federal/county regulatory agencies.
ABOUT THE POSITION: This position serves as a member of the Department of Elections Leadership Team and is integral in designing and executing strategies for present and future services that we provide to our customers. This role involves daily interaction with staff from all levels of the organization and requires a keen understanding of all election functions including Ballot Delivery & Collection, Candidate & Jurisdiction coordination and Project Management. This role requires a self-starter with problem solving acumen, an ability to work in a culturally and generationally diverse environment, and be results driven using efficiency and innovation.
In order to be considered for this exciting opportunity, the successful candidate will demonstrate skill and ability to: Oversee and lead the day to day operations of all Election Services functions such as Ballot Delivery & Collection and Candidate & Jurisdiction coordination; Work with Election Supervisors to develop functional plans and materials for Elections Project Management processes; Track a master election task list and lead all Election Planning meetings; conceptualize, evaluate, develop and implement strategies, systems, standards and plans for a wide variety of functions; define measurements and monitor performance to ensure plans and goals are aligned with enterprise-wide strategies, goals and best practices; establish, maintain, and report appropriate performance metrics for the delivery of all services including measurements relating to quality and utilization. # Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge,
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL: Possess a bachelor's degree and progressive experience in Election Services and Project Management; OR any combination of education and experience that clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the job duties of the position; * have the ability to perform duties, supervise and direct work groups consisting of both regular and temporary staff in performing technically detailed, high volume work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment; * be knowledgeable with general principles and practices of Election Services; * be knowledgeable with general principles and practices of Ballot Delivery & Collection; * have the ability to plan, establish, communicate and oversee achievement of goals and objectives; effectively analyze programs, projects and recommendations; * have the ability to collaborate with client stakeholders and team members to implement innovative programs and practices, and to deliver solutions to unique and sensitive problems; * have strong project management, organizational, analytical, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well independently or as part of a team; # Supplemental Information: King County is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer and we encourage people of color, women, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
This exciting opportunity is only open to current career service King County Election employees. Please apply online with your resume and cover letter detailing your interest. Call Queniya Lassiter at 206-477-3773 or email Queniya.Lassiter@kingcounty.gov if you have any questions regarding this opportunity. Job Title: Election Services Manager
Opening Date/Time:* Fri. 02/02/18 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time:* Fri. 02/09/18 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary:* $110,356.48 - $139,883.54 Annually
Job Type:* Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Location:* King County Elections - 919 SW Grady Way, Renton, WA 98057-2906, Washington
Department:* Department of Elections
Election Products Manager
Election Products Director Location: New Bern, N.C. Pay Grade:
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt _____________________________________________________________________________ Job Description Summary/Objective: Manager will report to Election Products Director and be responsible for working in unison with the Election Products Director and President to achieve the goals for said department.
Essential Duties and
Inside Sales and customer service: candidate will receive, process, and follow-up on inside sales orders and customer service. Outside sales staff support: candidate will assist outside sale staff in the execution of their respective tasks; namely providing pricing/lead times/shipping estimates for orders.
Marion County Election Help!
OfficeTeam is currently looking for several individuals interested in helping out with the Marion County Election this May! We need several people to help make sure that registered voters do not have any issues on Election Day.
We are also looking for skilled groups to do small projects leading up the election. We need administrative assistants as well as proofreaders and machine testers. This is the perfect opportunity to get exposed to local government, gain experience and network!
If you are interested, please apply online to www.officeteam.com or submit your resume to Indianapolis@officeteam.com with a subject line of Election OfficeTeam is the world's leader in professional staffing for office support jobs, focusing exclusively on the temporary and temporary-to-full-time placement of professionals in the administrative field. We are faster at finding you work because of the depth of our client network. Specifically, our professional staffing managers connect with thousands of hiring managers in North America every week to find your office support job opportunities.
We evaluate all of our OfficeTeam temporaries' skills and match them with the needs of top employers in their area. Apply for this job now or contact us today at 888.981.6731 for additional information. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Req ID: 01400-9501027966 Functional Role: Account Executive/Staffing Manager
Postal Code:* 46204 Compensation: $10.00 to $11.00 per hour
* Registered Marion County Voter
Warehouse Clerk / Order Clerk
Warehouse Clerks need for new client coming to Pataskala, OH.
This associate will be responsible for data entry, inventory of all stock, taking records, processing of receipts and documenting order details. They may also have to assist with general duties within the warehouse.
Starting Pay - $13.50 - $14.00 per hour
Shift - 1st, Monday- Friday 6 am- 3:30 pm
Contract to hire and training is provided in Groveport, OH 1-2 weeks
Job Responsibilities for Warehouse Clerk:
- Follows directions and daily work assignments given by the Supervisor
- Ensures order accuracy via verification processes of product numbers and quantities on each customer order
- Completes the timely facilitation of emergent orders to the warehouse floor for expedited deliveries to the client / customer site
- Assists with timing issues of order processing to identify process improvements
- Utilizing Microsoft Office and email applications, creates and communicates reports and results
- Communicates well with leadership, team members and other departments
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Requirements for Warehouse Clerk:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 12 months or more related experience and/or training or combination of education and experience
- Meet required background certifications
- Experience and knowledge of safe warehousing practices and product movement
- Effectively performs the position through effective communication and exchange of information with all parties that you may come into to contact with while performing the essential functions of the position.
- Sufficient math skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide to determine correct quantities of parts / items / pallets are processed
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, at times above head; and talk and hear
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; may be required to move 500 pounds on wheeled carts
- Required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist and crawl, and occasionally required to sit and climb
- Must be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to tolerate hot and cold warehouse work environment
The recruiters in our locally owned and managed Remedy offices are experts in matching what you do best with what our client companies value most. A great job for you, a productive employee for our clients.
We have short-term and long-term temporary staffing assignments available along with opportunities for permanent hire. If you're seeking light industrial, clerical, skilled or professional jobs or staff, we have the expertise to assist you. Please check out your local Remedy office for further details.
Best of Staffing
Remedy Intelligent Staffing earned the 2017 Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service quality. Fewer than 2% of all staffing agencies in the U.S. and Canada earned this award. Best of Staffing winners truly stand out for exceeding expectations and this award identifies the staffing industry's elite leaders in service quality.
Payroll Clerk / AP Clerk
We recognize how hard our contractors work to serve our clients and help our business grow. We’re looking for an experienced Payroll Clerk to make sure that all of our contractors receive on-time paychecks and understand their salaries thoroughly. We’ll rely on our payroll clerk to audit and verify all cargo records of contractors loads hauled as well as any deductions or withholding required to comply with state and federal law. We also need a professional who is willing to work cross-departmentally with accounting to ensure the entire business runs as smoothly as possible.
Contractor settlements pay bi monthly.
- Verify cargo records and consult contractors about any discrepancies
- Record payroll data in our software system and verify all amounts prior to cutting checks
- Alter employee tax status as needed as well as any information about withholding
- Prepare manual checks for distribution to contractors
- Initiate direct deposits
- Change employee banking records when necessary to process payments accurately
- Record employee complaints, questions and concerns about payroll services and communicate those issues to HR manager
- Maintain compliant policies and procedures for processing payroll check
- High school diploma/GED required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred)
- Minimum one year payroll department experience
- Ability to process functions and formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with payroll software a plus
- Strong attention to detail required
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Seeking full time, but will consider part time based on the available hours.
You can’t travel very far on the highway before you see the highly recognized gold longhorns, boldly emblazoned on the side of a truck!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!