Electric Meter Tester Job Description Sample
FEB 28Th & March 1ST Open Interviews- Electric Meter Installer
Aclara is looking for motivated employees like you! Please come see us during our Job Fair. We will be making on the spot offers to qualified candidates.
February 28th from 3pm-8pm
March 1st from 10am-3pm
Location: 1890 Williams Rd.
Columbus, Ohio 43207
This job will require the individual to work on customer's property changing out Electric Meters. This requires a self-motivated individual who can work well with little supervision, and who takes pride in their work. Must be able to work in inclement weather to complete the work. This is a piece rate position.
• Working with supervisors and installers in a professional environment.
• Physical ability to work in an environment to include: Walking, Climbing and Stooping up to 10 hours per day in all types of weather conditions.
• Responsible for checking the existing meter, replacing with a new meter and doing a final test of the meter.
• Must accurately collect customer data and document the installations in writing and with handheld device.
• Must be dependable, detail oriented, have good verbal skills and a neat/clean appearance.
• Must be comfortable interacting with customers while upholding Aclara- SGS customer standards
• Must have the ability to use assigned tools properly and work within safety guidelines.
• You will be expected to perform your job safely with zero events.
• You will be expected to meet quality guidelines provided by Aclara- SGS.
• Meet installation rate as established by the Project Manager.
• All must be performed while maintaining and presenting a professional and customer friendly interaction with all customers.
• High School, GED, or equivalent work experience.
• Must have valid Driver's License.
• Must be detail oriented, have good verbal skills and a neat/clean appearance.
• Must be comfortable interacting with customers and quality oriented.
• Must have Knowledge of/ability to work with technology, computers, and various software programs.
• Must have the ability to use assigned tools properly and work within safety guidelines.
• Must be willing to submit drug screen and background check.
• Previous Electrical Meter installation or electrical background preferred
• Previous Meter Reading Experience preferred
Electric Meter Technician-Ft Worth
Texas Meter & Device seeks several full time, temporary positions for electric meter technicians living and willing to work in the Ft. Worth, Mid-Cities area. $182 to 300 per day Incentive based pay. Monday - Friday with Saturday work available, this is a full time job offer, not part time! All applicants must have a current driver's license, no criminal history and pass a drug screening prior to receiving training. If you can't pass these requirements, don't apply. Interviews and training to start immediately. Previous electrical experience preferred but not required. Training, tools, and service vehicle will be provided to qualified hires. Respond with complete resume. No calls will be accepted. Texas Meter & Device will contact prospective applicants with directions to interview location. EOE
Electric & Gas Meter Technician - Veterans Wanted
Electric/Gas Meter Technician
U.S. MILITARY VETERANS are highly encouraged to apply. The ability to be mobile and support temporary assignments in other parts of the country is a plus.
$13.50 - $17.00 per hour plus weekly cash incentive. All tools provided. Medical benefits begin after 60 days.
Do you thrive in jobs with a stable, harmonic, and consistent environment? Do you practice “Due Diligence” to minimize risk? Do you shy away from small talk choosing rather to get to the meat of the subject? Are you the person that learns a skill, then performs all associated tasks with a singular focus? A focus that is hard to duplicate by others, even as patient as you?
When you learn a skill, you work hard to perfect it, because you need to be the best you can be. You are fit, work well in teams, and can handle a challenge. One of your personal strengths is that you hold yourself highly accountable. When other people see that in you, they try hard to achieve your level of accountability. The way you work is summed up like this: You take a task, start on it, complete it, and prepare to do it again. You like to be an operator and excel in managing tasks that follow a process. Because of this you become a top performer – fast. People call you a machine because of how precise and quick you are.
Does this describe you in a nutshell? If yes, then you are the kind person we want on our team of expert meter technicians. Please past this link, http://bit.ly/2djT7Z8, into your browser and complete our work traits survey.
We are looking for new team members ready to start work now. We want people who are not afraid of a challenge and like to contribute to a TEAM. We work hard and have fun. We work outside with our hands. We always follow through with what we start. We are fast paced and detailed oriented. Our Teammates do not need close supervision because we are all self-starters and we get the job done!
Frontline Support Solutions is fast moving company that focuses on growth. The company was founded by a US Army Veteran. He seeks out and surrounds himself with disciplined and focused people. We want people like us to join the team. We show up on time, every day, and we are ready for the next challenge. We want people who cannot remember the last time they called in sick. We want people that can read and write in English. Not like a college professor, but someone who can communicate in writing, and fully understand a "Want Ad" like this one.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
After paid training and successful field certification, you will be able to retrofit standard gas meters with new advanced metering technology. You will also be able to exchange old mechanical electric meters and replace them with new smart meters. Modernizing the community's utility meters is a significant task, one you can have a hand in accomplishing. The job requires the use and care of small hand tools such as wrenches, screw drivers, and similar tools. Additionally, the technician employs methods and techniques required in repairing and operating small mechanical devices. We will offer paid Classroom and On-the-Job training to all selected Candidates. Once complete, you will become a Skilled Tradesman. Those candidates with Gas or Electric Meter Installation Experience or who are Journeyman Plumbers or Electricians would find this job a good fit. Knowledge of the Cincinnati, OH and Northern Kentucky area preferred.
They are very simple. If you get winded walking up two flights of stairs or have trouble carrying a large bag of dog food from the end of the driveway into your house Do Not even bother applying. This job requires you to walk, kneel, stand, squat, bend, crouch, waist twist, climb stairs, reach to or above shoulder height, reach below shoulder height, lift and carry up to 40 lbs., simple grasping, repetitive use of hand/arm/wrist, and use of protective equipment. You need to be able to walk up to four miles per day and get in and out of a vehicle about 100 times per day.
Complete the Pre-Interview Work Traits Survey by opening the link below into your browser. Thank you.
$13.50 - $17.00 /hour
Meter And Accessory Tester
• Set up and perform accuracy or functional test on PD meters and accessories.
• Set up and perform Hydro test on Turbine meter housings, all ultrasonic meters, valves, and PD meters.
• Detect and correct malfunctions in test equipment.
• Perform accuracy test according to procedures, test documents and job router.
• Load units on test stand, table, or fixture. Align units, secure pipe fittings, and attach all necessary accessories to perform test function.
• Record and correlate data derived from tests.
in assembly preferred.
• Familiar with function of test prover tank.
• Organizational skills permitting operator to comply with Smith Meter & ISO requirements.
• Ability and desire to interface with others to resolve problems and/or improve operation, productivity, and quality. Work and communicate in a multiple shift operation.
• Light to heavy lifting.
Ability to spend 70 to 90 percent of attendance standing
Meter Installer - Electric
Overview Apex CoVantage, LLC (SGS) is the creator of ProField, the award-winning mobile workforce management technology used for smart metering deployments. This job will require the individual to work on customer’s property changing out Electric Meters. This requires a self-motivated individual who can work well with little supervision, and who takes pride in their work. Must be able to work in inclement weather to complete the work. Responsibilities
Safely and efficiently replace electric meters.
Accurately read meters.
Receiving and returning meters at beginning and end of shift.
Physical ability to work in the environment to include: walking, climbing, and stooping in all types of weather conditions.
Must be able to properly complete exchanges after being trained on company processes.
Must put safety above all else during the work day.
Must be respectful in all interactions and of all property encountered. Qualifications
High school, GED, or equivalent work experience.
History of working Safe, efficient & producing quality work.
Previous electrical meter installation or meter reading experience a plus.
Must be willing to submit criminal background and drug screening.
Must have a clean MVR (in the past 3 years) What we provide:
Training (1-2 weeks)
Company vehicle for work day use
Gas Card for vehicle
Daily Route Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Job ID2016-1073 DivisionSmart Grid Solutions CategoryUtility
Electric Meter And Relay Technician
Full-Time Location: 515 Clark Avenue, Ames, IA, 50010, Iowa Print Job Information | Apply General Information Benefits Supplemental Questions Performs work related to the installation, repair, programming and testing of electric metering and protection relaying equipment as a journey level electric meter and relay technician; performs related work as required.The City of Ames is conducting a recruitment to establish a Civil Service eligibility list for this classification. The list will be valid for up to one year from the date of certification by the Ames Civil Service Commission and may be used to fill one or more vacancies in this classification. In addition, City of Ames Civil Service employees who have previously held Civil Service status in this classification and are interested in voluntarily demoting or laterally transferring into the current vacancy must submit their application by the deadline.
Examples of Essential Job Functions: Examples of Essential Job Functions: Removes electric meters for routine tests and resets replacement meters; sets meters for new installations; cleans, repairs, installs and tests electric meters, recording meters, demand meters, and instrument transformers; wires sockets and test switches on services; inspects sockets and fuse panels; wires meter sockets and test switches; repairs, writes test plans, tests and installs protection relays; performs routine fiber-optic communication testing between relays; installs and analyzes power quality recorders and equipment; performs load calculations; reads meters for consumptions data; checks for current diversions; works with communication interfaces – cell modem, fiber-optic, radio, RS-232 and RS-485, performs computer related tasks such as downloading and programming of meters and monitoring equipment, downloading and programming of protection relays, downloading and programming of power quality analyzers; investigates customer complaints by making special meter readings and recording voltage and current activity, or performing load tests; enters meter readings and related data on computers; creates and maintains large databases for meter inventory, and testing records; operates light vehicle.
Each employee is expected to continually strive to bring shared values to life through our Excellence Through People organizational culture. ETP values include: committing to continuous improvement, inspiring creativity and innovation, being customer driven, making data-driven decisions, championing employee involvement, striving for excellence, having fiscal stewardship, acting with honesty and integrity, exhibiting leadership, choosing a positive attitude, respecting one another, promoting safety and wellness, and cultivating teamwork. For leaders, this includes creating a work culture that brings these values to life.
For all employees, this includes maintaining a Total City Perspective. The purpose of ETP is to deliver exceptional services to the public at the best price, and for employees to experience an enjoyable and stimulating work environment.Other Job Functions: Enters meter readings and related data on computers.
Creates and maintains large databases for meter inventory, relay inventory, and testing records.
Education and Experience: One year of experience as a journey-level electric meter and/or relay technician; or completion of a recognized apprenticeship program in electric meter and/or relay technician.Licenses and Certificates:
Must possess a valid driver's license.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Working knowledge of principles of electric theory as applied to electrical current and wire systems; basic knowledge of trigonometry; knowledge of the methods, materials, and tools employed in mechanical and electrical repair work; knowledge of all safety rules as stated in the adopted safety manual. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word.Working skill in the use of hand and power tools, and testing equipment of the electric trade.Ability to follow verbal and written instructions; working ability to read and understand instruction manuals, make routine mathematical calculations, and to keep records; to learn and practice proper safety precautions; ability to operate a computer terminal to input and receive data; ability to perform a wide variety of skilled tasks in electric meter and relay installation and maintenance work; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with citizens, superiors, subordinates, employees from other departments and divisions, and contractors; ability to operate a light vehicle.
Supplemental Information: General Physical Characteristics: The work involves sitting 30 percent of the time; sitting and using arm/leg controls 10 percent of the time; standing (but not walking) 30 percent of the time; standing and walking 30 percent of the time; routinely lifting objects under 10 pounds; occasionally lifting objects from 10 to 25 pounds; occasionally lifting objects from 25 to 50 pounds; and routinely lifting objects over 50 pounds.Required Physical Activities:Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.Vision
The minimum for use with those whose work deals largely with inspections involving small defects, small parts, using measurement devices, and assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.Environmental Conditions: The work is performed inside and/or outside; includes being exposed to extreme cold/heat, noise, and mechanical/electrical hazards. May work in darkness, poor lighting, or isolation.Examples of Equipment Used on the Job:
Light vehicle; single-phase and poly-phase self-contained meters; meter registers; meter sockets; current and potential transformers; mechanical and electronic protection relays – both single function and multi-function; a large range of field testing equipment for metering and relaying; a variety of printed materials; a variety of general purpose hand tools and power tools; insulated hand tools; a variety of measurement and diagnostic equipment; meter sockets; pedestals; small gauge and heavy wire and reference standard; a variety of safety equipment and clothing.Candidates that meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to take the written test (remote proctoring will be allowed at the candidates' expense). Candidates will need to score 70% or higher, on the written test to move onto the next step. The written test will be held in Ames, IA on March 15, 2018. Candidates that pass this initial screen will be invited to participate in phone or skype interviews.
If there is a small pool of candidates the phone or skype interview step may not be needed and the process will move to the panel interview. Qualifying candidates will be invited to participate in the onsite processes which will include a panel interview (need 70% on panel interview to be considered for Civil Service), meet and greet with staff, tour, and a manager meeting. The Civil Service score will consist of 50% written test and 50% panel interview score.
The selection process will also include completion of a criminal background check, which includes a sex offender registry check, and physical. All candidates will be notified by email of their application status.E-Verify Process:The City of Ames participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each applicant's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All candidates who are offered a position with the City of Ames must complete Section 1 of Form I-9 along with the required proof of their right to work in the United States and proof of their identity prior to starting employment.
Please be prepared to provide required documents as soon as possible after the job offer has been made. For additional information regarding acceptable documents for this purpose, please contact Human Resources at 515-239-5199 or go to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services web page at: http://www.uscis.gov. NOTE: Persons with disabilities must submit requests for ADA testing accommodations to the Human Resources Department prior to the application deadline.The City of Ames is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Human Resources Department at 515-239-5199.Residency Requirement as spelled out by contract. The required residence area is the area bordered by the Boone and Story County lines on the north and south, State Highway 65 on the east; and on the west, County Road R27 north of Boone, and the Des Moines River south of Highway 30 to the Boone County line.
Communities intersected by the borderlines, and Zearing, shall be considered within the area. The permitted residency area is that area inside the borderlines. The area adjacent to but outside the borderlines is not included.
After completing his/her probationary period, a new employee shall, within six (6) months, reside within the residency area. The department head may allow an employee up to an additional six (6) months if the employee provides documentation of financial commitment to move within the residence area.
Electric Bench Tester
The Electric Bench Tester will be responsible in providing timely quality testing, per checkout procedures, of all Tideland Signal instrumentation and provide Final Quality Assurance for purchased instrumentation prior to shipment to the customer.
To advise Product Testing Manager of any problems repeatedly encountered during final testing.
Provide the customer with final test results to verify completeness of Quality Control as it relates to established procedures and specific order requirements.
Applies technical knowledge, experience, creativity, and people skills to achieve customer satisfaction relative to timeliness, quality, and cost of service provided.
Maintains current knowledge of product design, operation, troubleshooting, repair and application, as well as general chemical, mechanical, and electronic design concepts utilized.
Repairs and maintains departmental instrumentation and capital equipment. Tracks and maintains current test equipment calibrations and/or certifications.
Assists Customer Service in repair of warranty units and provide training assistance when required, either in-house or at customer locations.
Provide assistance, as required, to the Customer Service Manager to meet short term service needs.
Provide routine feedback to the department manager relative to major or repetitive product or customer problems.
Identify opportunities for improving the quality and productivity of the Product Testing Department.
Willingness to travel internationally or domestically as required by the company.
Train and assist in training of new hires or temporary personnel when required.
Willingness to accept any other requirements and/or responsibilities as needed.
High school diploma or GED
Associates degree in electronics or chemistry is required.
General knowledge of analytical technologies and applications.
Excellent telephone and people skills.
Excellent problem-solving, analysis, and communication skills. Fundamental computer skills.
Hands-on QC testing and/or instrumentation repair and maintenance experience with analytical instrumentation is a plus.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals.
At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Trimark is currently looking for an experienced Meter Manager. The Manager will be responsible to train, mentor and provide leadership to the Metering group. The manager will know how to program, test, install, and repair a wide variety of meters, communications devices, and associated circuitry. The manager shall be highly technical in the area of power production, meter programming, and ensuring meter data validity. Work involves frequent contact with clients.
- Review drawings and provide updates to the design and production teams as needed;
- Train meter technicians to install, make changes, repair, replaces defective parts and/or removes meters and metering equipment for all electric metering (revenue meters, substation meters, power plant and FMPA metering equipment.);
- Specifies tests, maintains and verifies accurate installation of all substation, power plant and FMPA metering equipment;
- Calibrates single-phase and poly-phase self-contained and transformer rated, single phase and poly-phase transformer rated meters, including 480 volt meters;
- Manage and train technicians to wire meter socket test switches, transformer rated metering (KWH and KVA meters) in the field for electric meters. Tests current transformers and potential transformers.
- Manage and train technicians to program solid state meters of various manufacturers. Programs electronic power analyzers, generates reports and analyzes technical data to interpret results for customer power quality problems.
- Manage and train technicians to perform technical computations to mathematically determine watts, variation, power factor quantities and develops diagrams.
- Provide leadership to the Safety Committee to ensure all technicians are trained and prepared to perform their job functions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring experience;
- Advanced knowledge of basic electricity as applied to light, power, and meter applications;
- Advanced knowledge of the hazards of this type of work and the necessary safety precautions;
- Ability to use and take accurate measurements with ammeters, volt meters, ohmmeters, and related metering equipment.
- Ability to test and repair single, poly-phase, sub-stations, power plant, and FMPA meters.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers for programming solid state meters, electronic power analyzers, maintaining records and accessing utility billing information.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the clients and other employees.
- Heavy lifting and carrying; pulling; pushing; walking; standing; bending; stooping; kneeling; and driving. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with a disability.
- Works inside and outside with: all types of weather; electricity; hazardous surfaces; ladders; heights; ditches; poor lighting.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and spreadsheet and word processing software applications programs such as Windows 2000, Windows NT and MS Office products; knowledge of database administration concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required. Must be details oriented.
- AA Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering a plus
- Four (4) management experience in Metering
- Six (6) years field experience working on transformer rated, sub-station, and power plant meters.
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for
License: Appointees will be required to possess a valid CA driver’s license. Some travel is required.
Job Location: Folsom, CA
Benefits: We offer Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage, Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, 401(k) Plan & Matching, and Professional Development Training.
Trimark Associates is the leading provider of reliable, utility scale SCADA monitoring and reporting solutions and affordable revenue-grade metering for the electric power industry. Our team designs systems from concept to commissioning including system and network architecture, software development, component assembly, technology configuration, installation, testing, certification, ongoing support and maintenance.
Master Meter Service Technician - Plumber
Energy Management Systems, a rapidly growing comprehensive energy solutions provider, is looking for the newest member of its Field Service team. The Master Meter Service Technician will be a key contributor to that team, performing installations, surveys, inspections and repairs on natural gas, water and mechanical sub-metering equipment and reporting directly to the Manager of Field Service and Construction. The successful candidate will have a construction background/education and master level plumbing skills, as well as effective verbal and written communication skills and the drive and determination to play an operative role in a dynamic and growing organization.
Inspecting, plumbing, natural gas and electrical submeter systems to determine appropriate sub-metering measures. Installing and servicing water, gas and electric sub-metering AMR and manual read systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to various projects to inspect, review and analyze plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in existing buildings and those proposed in new construction projects for the purpose of determining appropriate type and sizing of utility sub-metering equipment.
- Install sub-metering systems in existing buildings and new construction projects.
- Retrofit existing sub-metering systems with AMR (Automated Meter Reading) equipment.
- Service and repair as necessary existing sub-metering systems.
- Determine applicability to each project of all local, state and federal building, energy, plumbing, mechanical and gas codes and ordinances and ensure compliance with all such codes and ordinances.
- Advise customers of necessary repair service including estimates, authorizations, sales orders and invoices. Also make recommendations to customers for preventative maintenance and other EMS products/services.
- Handle customer complaints/issues pertaining to service, supply of equipment or repair work.
- Strong time management skills
- Effectively monitors, tracks and reports all necessary repairs or preventative maintenance measures.
- Minimizes company exposure and risk on all field service projects.
- Communicates regularly with service team, management and customers to facilitate service projects run efficiently and effectively.
- Effectively communicates relevant Service Department information to superiors.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the Plumbing, Mechanical and HVAC/R trades.
- Knowledge of applicable plumbing codes, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledge of sanitary and gas heating codes, ability to work on residential/light commercial systems.
- Ability to work on heating installations, boilers, radiant heat and control systems.
- Extensive experience working in the pipefitting trade, such as soldering, brazing, cutting, cleaning and joining of copper, PEX, Propress and piping for water distribution systems. Experience working with threaded, flanged, flared and mechanical connections.
- Ability to analyze water distribution systems in shopping centers to determine the point of metering and to make recommendations for separation of tenant services.
- Experience with general commercial construction, including drywall cutting, installation of access panels and preparation and installation of threaded rod pipe hanger systems.
- Familiarity working with the flow of water, air, and other gases, and drainage by assembling, installing, and repairing/replacing pipes, fittings, and plumbing fixtures.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment by following and enforcing EMS’ safety policies and procedures; ensure compliance with federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Basic electrical skills and understanding.
- General understanding of all EMS products/services/offerings.
- Thorough understanding of EMS capabilities.
- Awareness of new emerging technologies and possible new products/services for EMS to explore.
- Familiar with technology associated with EMS products/services.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates contributions of other EMS team members.
- Motivates project team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Shares information with others freely.
- Mitigates conflict and communication problems.
- Minimum of 5+ years plumbing and/or mechanical construction related experience.
- Prior experience with chillers, boilers, DDC controls, cooling towers, commercial refrigeration equipment.
- Proficient in aspects of the pipe fitting trade, including service, equipment and meter sizing for new and existing installations.
- Proficient with basic electrical troubleshooting, installation and repair procedures; including the ability to read and test circuits with a multimeter and perform unsupervised work on low and line voltage systems.
- Formal Apprenticeship, Technical school training or Associate degree, Building Technology Certificate, engineering degree or equivalent education in building construction or related field, with technical coursework in mechanical and/or plumbing systems preferred.
- Willingness to sit for licensing examination and to hold licenses on behalf of the company in in various jurisdictions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and multitasking skills are essential.
- Technological literacy including familiarity with word-processing, spreadsheets and other industry-specific software.
- Strong internet skills, including use of e-mail programs, group messaging, and use of online meeting platforms.
- Ability to effectively adapt to changes in the work environment and/or scope of work.
Work Schedule and Location
- Full-Time – some off hour and weekend work required
- In the field
- Travel required – 50%.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly Rate – commensurate with level of education and/or experience.
- Medical Insurance with 86% contribution by EMS.
- 401K Plan.
- Annual Bonus Plan.
- Paid in-the-field training.
Energy Management Systems, in operation since 1980, is a leading provider of comprehensive energy solutions to managers of more than 1,600 multi-use properties across the United States. EMS provides multiple energy savings products and services, including utility billing and accounting services, expense management functions, energy consulting services and sustainability projects. By continuing to add new, technologically advanced energy efficient products and services, EMS maintains a prominent position on the cutting edge of the energy industry. At EMS, both management and staff strive to be passionate, positive, precise and personal in everything we do, externally for our customers and internally for our team. Our unique position in the marketplace as well as our dedication to our core values make EMS an exciting and dynamic place to work.
Meter Installer Technician
· Working with supervisors and installers in a professional environment.
· Physical ability to work in an environment to include: Walking, Climbing and Stooping up to 10 hours per day in all types of weather conditions.
· Responsible for checking the existing meter, replacing with a new meter and doing a final test of the meter.
· Must accurately collect customer data and document the installations in writing and with handheld device.
· Must be dependable, detail oriented & have excellent customer service skills.
· Must have 6 months to 1 year of verifiable electrical experience and/or vocational/trade school training completed along with certification.
· Must High School or G.E.D. Equivalent Diploma.
· Must have a valid drivers’ license with an excellent driving record. (MUST BRING DRIVING ABSTRACT NO EXCEPTIONS)
· Must be detail oriented, have good verbal skills and a neat/clean appearance.
· Must be comfortable interacting with customers and quality oriented.
· Must have the ability to use assigned tools properly and work within safety guidelines.
· Must Pass Meter Reading Evaluation
· Previous Electrical Meter installation or electrical background preferred, but is not required
· Previous Meter Reading Experience preferred, but is not required
· Full-Time Position+ Overtime
· Company Vehicle & Gas card provided
· OSHA 10 Card & PPE provided by company
To apply, please come to our recruitment event:
Date: THURSDAY, AUGUST 31ST, 2017
Time: 9:00AM to 11:00AM & 1:00PM to 3:00PM
Location: 1972 RICHMOND TERRACE STATEN ISLAND, NY 10302
This requires a self-motivated individual who can work well with little supervision, and who takes pride in their work. Must be able to work in inclement weather to complete the work.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!