Electric Motor Analyst Job Description Sample
Electric Motor Winder
Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc. is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery in the United States. Our facility is equipped with the most modern and technically advanced equipment available. EMC serves a variety of industries including power generation, hydrocarbon, chemical processing, water resources, marine, pulp and paper, mining, and nuclear.
• Knowledge of rewinding 3 phase form coil and random wound stators
• Knowledge of rewinding DC armatures and fields
• Familiarity with electrical test equipment (i.e. surge tester, low resistance bridge, multimeter, megohmeter, ampmeter, voltmeter)
• Familiarity with electrical tests (i.e. surge test, hi-pot test, checking polarity and resistance on windings, taking megger readings).
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must provide own basic hand tools (testing equipment is provided by the company).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and able to stand/walk for extended periods.
• Must be willing to work overtime.
• Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
Our company prides itself on:
-Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
-Providing quality service to our customers
-Employing and retaining great people
Our company offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
-Paid vacation and holidays
-Health, life, and dental insurance
-Short term and long term disability
-401K and profit sharing
-Uniforms provided by the company
Salary history or requirements are to be provided with all inquiries.
Check out our web site to learn more about our business.
Electric Motor Mechanic
Join the EandM Motor Shop Department! We are looking for a bright candidate who is looking for a future…..
No experience in as an Electric Motor Mechanic is required; Just a Passion to Learn!
A Day in the Life of a Motor Mechanic here at EandM!
- General maintenance and repair of electric motors
- Basic maintenance of shop equipment (e.g.. keeping machines cleaned and oiled)
- Organization of stock and materials
- Maintain and follow safety practices and procedures
- Occasional handyman tasks as necessary
What Experience is Required to be Successful as Motor Winder at EandM?
- Ability to operate basic shop machinery and tools (e.g. drills, sanders, spray paint, etc.)
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle for the purpose of picking up/delivering product to customers or running errands at the direction of the manager
- Electrical knowledge (welding, mill wrights, machining, etc.) is a huge plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
Physical Requirements for this Role Include (But are not limited to):
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand for long periods of time
- Wear appropriate safety equipment
- Work is performed in non-conditioned space, so the area is subject to both heat and cold
- The noise level can be moderate to high
- The Motor Shop environment is constantly moving; attention to detail and safety are of the utmost importance Work is performed around electricity; following safety protocol is essential
$15.00/HR and On the Job Training
Generous benefits package that includes:
- 401k Matching Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) and Short-Term Disability (STD) Supplemental after one year
EandM is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. We welcome all applicants….
Electric Motor Winder AND Mechanic
Electric Motor Winder
Leppert-Nutmeg, Inc. is an established Electric Motor/Generator Company in northern Connecticut. Our service area encompasses the Northeastern United States.
We are looking for experienced ELECTRIC MOTOR/GENERATOR WINDERS who are looking to excel.
Our winding department handles rewinds from small single phase AC motors up thru 13.8KV Generators.
If you are looking for something new and different, this is the place. Come learn from winders with 25, 30 even 40 years of experience.
The right candidates should have the following skill set:
· Attention to detail
· Strong safety record
· Team player
· Experience with AC low voltage random windings
· Experience with medium voltage a plus
· Experience with high voltage a plus, plus
The individual will refurbish, test and rewind AC/DC motors and generators.
Must work well in a team environment, have attention to detail and strong safety awareness. Must be willing to work flexible hours as required, including working on site.
We are also looking for SKILLED MECHANICS responsible for disassembly and assembly of motors and generators.
Possible room for advancement within the company for the right individuals.
Excellent pay and benefits with a competitive compensation package. Including quality health insurance. Flexible Spending Plans and 401(K). Paid vacation after 1 year. 10 paid Holidays. Uniforms.
Starting pay is bases on experience, $20-$25/hr.
Must be reliable and flexible to work demands with possible overtime requirements
Job benefits include employer sponsored medical plans, 401k plan, paid holiday and vacation, company uniforms and medical flexible spending plan
Electric Motor Mechanic
Job Summary: Repair various kinds of motors and other electro-mechanical equipment. Work Performed:
Read job cards to determine job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability. Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods. Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration, and condition.
Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including, but not limited to: parts washers/steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc. Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed items as approved by supervisor.
Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies, including, but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, and shields. Re-test reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation. Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed. Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection). Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties. Keep work area neat and clean.
Assist other mechanics and/or other shop personnel in skilled and/or non-skilled duties. Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by management. Qualifications/Special Skills &
Preferred level of education: High School Diploma. Basic mechanical aptitude, minimum of 5 years' experience in electro-mechanical field/electric motor repair field.
Ability to understand, perform, and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by supervisor and other trainers. Ability to work well with others in a team effort. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC fosters a drug-free work environment.
Pump And Electric Motor Sales Representative
Expanding pump and electric motor sales and service company is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable, and responsible electric motor and pump sales representative. Successful candidate must be comfortable working with engineers and municipalities to get our products specified for new construction and rehabilitation projects. Experience and knowledge of electric motors and pumps in relation to pump curves and calculating total dynamic head pressures is a must. Computer skills with proficiency in Word and Excel is required. Other desired and useful skills are having the ability to read plans and blue prints, performing take offs, estimating, and working with CAD. A valid Nevada drivers license and clean driving record is also required. Compensation will be a base salary plus possible commission and bonuses.
Help with relocation would be considered for the right candidate.
Electric Motor Re-Winder
We are currently seeking an Electric Motor Re-winder! You will strive to provide safe electrical systems for a variety of customers.
- Install and repair electric motors of different types
- Troubleshoot motor and control systems
- Perform routine maintenance on electric motors
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes
- Previous experience in electric motor rewinding
- Familiarity with electrical schematics, blueprints, and manuals
- Familiarity with electric rewinding equipment
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Electric Motor Rewind Technician
Layne is looking for a qualified and experienced Electric Motor Rewind Technician based in our Water Resources Division facility in Stuttgart, Arkansas.
- Rewind electric motors
- Disassemble, inspect, repair and assemble various types of electric motors, primarily 3-phase Vertical Hollow Shaft motors, but not limited to horizontal and single phase
- Repair/replace other damaged components of motors
- Produce inspection report
- Operate equipment to perform rewinds and repairs (overhead cranes, grinders, winding machines, ovens, etc.)
- Must be proficient in working with standard and premium efficiency type motors
- Have the ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot electric motor systems
- Promote the safety culture within our company by working within all safety policies established by Layne especially continuous wear of PPE to insure a safe working environment
- Work outdoors, in the heat and cold, as required
- Travel and work extended hours as required
Layne Christensen Company is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Electric Motor Mechanic
Journeyman Electric Motor Mechanic, Phoenix, AZ
Under general supervision, disassembles, inspects, repairs and re-assembles electric motors UP TO 10,000 HP.. Performs and inspects preventive maintenance and repairs to mechanical equipment, ensuring that all work is completed within industrial standards and codes. Performs any other tasks that may be assigned by supervisors. To be designated an Electric Motor Mechanic A typically requires 4-5 years experience and the ability to complete these tasks independently.
High school diploma or GED; and at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.Physical Requirements and Environment:
I have read and understand this explanation and job description.
Our Mission: We, at Laron provide industrial support services to established and newly acquired customers to increase the uptime of their operations. To accomplish this we build on our core values of innovation, responsiveness, first-time-quality and value-added-service. We strive to maintain a business environment that is principled, moral and honest with our employees, customers, vendors and lenders.
Our Vision: To be the preferred solution resource for industries that provide the fundamental needs of a changing world through Service Innovation and Education.
Safety: Laron has no greater priority than the safety of our employees. Our Total Quality Service Program encompasses not only the quality of our work but also the safety or our employees, customers and vendors.
LARON is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce.
Electric Motor Sales Manager
SMAC has developed a high torque DC servomotor with an output estimated to be triple that of – same size, current and voltage – the leading motor makers
SMAC is now tooling up this product line with initial high interest from leading manufacturers and robot makers around the globe. Reasonable material cost and efficient production offers the opportunity to make a million motors a year.
SMAC sells strictly through a distribution system with locations around the world, many already sell competitor products. A number of these distributors have been approached and their feedback is that the current market needs lacks a small, high torque motor.
SMAC has a strong market position and understanding of electric linear actuators. However, with less experience in the small DC servomotor market, the Company is looking to hire a Sales Manager that can penetrate deep into this market.
The market for these motors is estimated at around $2 billion annually, SMAC aims to obtain a 10% market share within 5 years of product launch.
· Work closely with SMAC’s 6 sales Area Managers (2 each in US, Europe and Asia) in sales development of this new product
· Team with channel partners to develop sales with larger volume customers located globally
· Work closely with Design and Marketing to tailor this new line to customer needs
· Travel with distributors to end user facilities
· Minimum 10yrs experience selling rotary DC motors
· Must have network of industry relevant contacts with diverse applications
· Bachelors – Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
· Technically savvy with electric motors, specifically DC rotary
· 10yrs experience selling through distribution/channel partners and development of new distributors
· Professional understanding of multi-axis systems, steppers, servos, drives and control software
· Intimate with new product rollout and channel management
· This is a full time, salaried position
· Competitive – dependent upon experience
· Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401k and biannual bonus
· Personable, customer centric attitude
· Aggressive sales posture
· Recognized as a solution provider
· Excellent communication and problem solving
· Willingness to travel
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. This job description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform. Other responsibilities/duties may be added as needed by the Area Sales Manager and/or President of The Company.
Electric Motor Winder
Motor Winder- Matlock Electric Co., Inc. - Norwood, OH
Matlock Electric, a leading provider of electric motor sales and service, is seeking winders interested in a good opportunity, a good job.
If you have prior experience with electric motor winding, we are interested in speaking with you. Matlock may have the opportunity you seek.
If you have a mechanical aptitude and are wiling to learn. We are willing to train an individual. As your success would be considered our success
This is a full time position working Monday through Friday from approx. 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with some overtime available.
Minimum level of education: High School Diploma preferred
Ability to understand, perform and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by a knowledgeable supervisor.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to:
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Regularly lift; stand; walk; use hands, to handle, or feel and reach with in arms length.
· Have ability for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Rewind various kinds of electric motors.
Inspect various kinds of electric motors for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
Test condition of windings.
Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit’s characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage, or intended serviceability.
Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable field frames or cores.
Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions.
Rewind various kinds of electric motors, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, DC fields, armatures, wound rotors, and transformers.
Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
Test rewound electromechanical equipment and document test results.
Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems, and various handheld power and non-power tools.
Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
Perform other skilled and non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
Matlock offers predictive maintenance services including vibration analysis, infrared thermography, PdMA and Baker Testing to our customers.
Matlock Electric serving the midwest since 1920.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!