Electric Motor Control Assembler Job Description Sample
Electric Motor Control Engineer
Electric Motor Control Engineer Chrysler Headquarters & Tech Center Auburn Hills, MI 48326, US Job Type:Full Time Date Posted: January 5, 2018 Job ID: 1027502 ApplyRefer A FriendJoin Our Talent Network Share this job
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail Job Overview FCA is currently seeking an Electric Motor Control Engineer for the Electrified Powertrain Motor Integration and Control Development Group. This group will support FCA’s plan to achieve world-class balance of fuel economy, emissions, and drive quality. The Engineer must be a strong systems-focused team player with interdisciplinary experience/expertise, and willing to work in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Advancing the state-of-the-art in electrified vehicle technology through the use of innovative methods, tools, and processes
Establishing best practices for IPM/induction motor related analysis, controls, and testing
Providing subject matter expertise and mentoring
Improving communication and knowledge-sharing within the organization
- Providing feedback to architecture and advanced groups for hybrid powertrain, battery, and vehicle systems development Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aero or equivalent Engineering degree
In-depth understanding in theory of AC induction/PM motors, and their controls for automotive applications
Minimum of 2 years’ experience or advanced relevant degree in PM/induction motor control algorithm and software development
- Experience with modeling, simulation, development, testing, calibration and/or validation
Masters or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
Specialization in classical/modern control disciplines with vehicle application
Expertise in electric motor calibration, dynamometer testing, parameter measurement and system identification
Demonstrated critical thinking and technical problem solving ability
Expertise in Embedded software development tools and processes
Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) ,
Static code analysis
Model-based Code Generation
Experience with Freescale/TriCore/DSP 32-bit processors
Understanding of electrified vehicle fundamentals
Outstanding interpersonal skills, self-motivated and able to work independently FCA is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends. Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Sr. Electric Motor Control Calibration Engineer - Gps0003376
Position Description Responsible for electricmotor controls calibration development for electric traction motors and highvoltage power electronics for hybrid and electric vehicleapplications. Integrates motor control algorithms, software,calibration, and electric drive hardware into dyno, transmission, and vehicle.
Develop motor controls calibrations for high power electricdrive system consisting of high voltage power converters (inverters and boostconverters) and electric motors (surface mounted PM, interior mounted PM, andinduction machines) + Performs extensive motor characterization based on maximumtorque per ampere to achieve torque accuracy and maximizing system efficiencyover the entire operating region.
Simulates, analyzes, and correlates electric machines andhigh voltage power electronics.
Optimizes motor control performance by ensures controlstability in closed-loop current control regulation and field-weakeningoperation.
Plan and perform calibration development and testing inhigh-voltage dynamometer, transmission, and/or vehicle test environment.
Work as part of a fast-paced, diverse team of professionalssupporting component development and subsystem and vehicle integration
Ensure successful integration of electric drive system tomeet performance specifications with various sub-components or systems at thevehicle level + Stays abreast of new technologies, industry trends, methodsand products.
Travels as required (15%), both domestic and international. The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying
Required Skills and Education
M.S. in Electrical, Control, or Mechanical Engineering + Knowledge in theory and application of electric machines and power electronics.
Experience in developing digital control algorithms for high voltage electric motor drive systems.
Fluency in using Matlab/Simulink, Simplorer or other commercial tools for modeling and simulation of electric drives
Fluency in C and C+\
programming languages + Excellent interpersonal skills in a fast-paced team + Good analytical and problem-solving skills + Able to work with minimum supervision and full autonomy + Hands-on experience working in high voltage high power test environment + 5\
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering preferred + 3\
years of practical experience in relevant topics preferred + Previous automotive electrification experience a plus
Electric Motor Sales Manager
SMAC has developed a high torque DC servomotor with an output estimated to be triple that of – same size, current and voltage – the leading motor makers
SMAC is now tooling up this product line with initial high interest from leading manufacturers and robot makers around the globe. Reasonable material cost and efficient production offers the opportunity to make a million motors a year.
SMAC sells strictly through a distribution system with locations around the world, many already sell competitor products. A number of these distributors have been approached and their feedback is that the current market needs lacks a small, high torque motor.
SMAC has a strong market position and understanding of electric linear actuators. However, with less experience in the small DC servomotor market, the Company is looking to hire a Sales Manager that can penetrate deep into this market.
The market for these motors is estimated at around $2 billion annually, SMAC aims to obtain a 10% market share within 5 years of product launch.
· Work closely with SMAC’s 6 sales Area Managers (2 each in US, Europe and Asia) in sales development of this new product
· Team with channel partners to develop sales with larger volume customers located globally
· Work closely with Design and Marketing to tailor this new line to customer needs
· Travel with distributors to end user facilities
· Minimum 10yrs experience selling rotary DC motors
· Must have network of industry relevant contacts with diverse applications
· Bachelors – Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
· Technically savvy with electric motors, specifically DC rotary
· 10yrs experience selling through distribution/channel partners and development of new distributors
· Professional understanding of multi-axis systems, steppers, servos, drives and control software
· Intimate with new product rollout and channel management
· This is a full time, salaried position
· Competitive – dependent upon experience
· Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401k and biannual bonus
· Personable, customer centric attitude
· Aggressive sales posture
· Recognized as a solution provider
· Excellent communication and problem solving
· Willingness to travel
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. This job description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform. Other responsibilities/duties may be added as needed by the Area Sales Manager and/or President of The Company.
Electric Motor Re-Winder
We are currently seeking an Electric Motor Re-winder! You will strive to provide safe electrical systems for a variety of customers.
- Install and repair electric motors of different types
- Troubleshoot motor and control systems
- Perform routine maintenance on electric motors
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes
- Previous experience in electric motor rewinding
- Familiarity with electrical schematics, blueprints, and manuals
- Familiarity with electric rewinding equipment
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Electric Motor Mechanic
Auto req ID:
2472BR Posting Title:
Electric Motor Mechanic
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Company Description Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself.
From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success.
With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Job Purpose Reports directly to and works under the supervision of a Production Supervisor. A Production (Electric Motor) Mechanic rebuilds locomotive motors and specialty Wheel sets in accordance with AAR, customer specifications, company guidelines and checklists.
Attend our job fair: Muncie Locomotive Assembly Facility 3500 South Cowan Road, Muncie, In Thursday, February 8th 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Key Job Elements • Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies; • Inspect, maintain, trouble shoot, diagnose and rebuild locomotive motors and specialty wheel sets; • Measuring with micrometers and other precision tools; • Operate overhead cranes and forklifts; • Consistently complete production related documents legibly without error; • Follow Quality Work Instructions consistently; • Perform other duties as required by Supervisor. Education / Training • Highschool diploma or equivalent required; • 3-5 years of mechanical experienced. • Locomotive Diesel Electric experience a PLUS.
Qualifications and Experience • Read precision instruments and gauges; • Capable use of hands and power tools, including pneumatic tools; • Work around overhead cranes and mobile equipment; • Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, dirt, railroad tracks); • Constant standing, walking; • Frequent bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching; • Push/pull up to 150 lbs; • Carrying up to 85 lbs.
Benefits Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions. *Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
EEO Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Electric Motor Product Process Engineer
Electric Motor Product Process Engineer Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Honeywell Transportation Systems team! Transportation Systems is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world's leader in turbo technology solutions and an experienced supplier of electric boosting products and automotive software to support passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. With a worldwide footprint of engineering centers, testing labs and manufacturing facilities, Transportation Systems serves all major automotive companies to implement key differentiated technology offerings. As a testimony to its success, in 2018 Honeywell will be spinning off the Transportation Systems business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. Being a stand-alone company will provide Transportation Systems the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution. Both new and existing employees will have a more direct benefit from the company’s performance in a multitude of ways. Develop the mechanical and design manufacturing aspects of our new electric boosting motor product line, in order to materialize our differentiated motor performance designs at the desired automotive scale, quality and productivity. You work in close collaboration with our electro-magnetic and thermo-mechanical engineering experts, with our engineered procurement specialists as well as with our manufacturing partners to ensure best in class synergies between product and process are found for our stator and rotor components (rotor sleeve, laminar stacks, auto-winding). You co-define and drive our component level motor validation plan. Develop Electric motor design for manufacturing excellence while applying it to our motor product line. Act as the privileged engineering contact point for our manufacturing/procurement experts and partners. Drive timely execution of our motor mechanical design, DFMEA and validation plan, ensuring full alignment between product and process development. 30 Own motor component mechanical design and drawings 35 Drive motor component DFMEA and validation plan 20 Drive APQP process with our motor component suppliers 15 Document design for manufacturing best practices
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering
Significant experience with the mechanical design integration of electric motors (preferably with permanent magnet synchronous machines)
Significant experience with the key electric motor manufacturing processes (winding, laminar stack assembly, magnetization, shrink fit assembly) + Demonstrated supplier and cross functional interaction skills + Practice of typical electrical component validation tests + Rigorous and organized working style + Sense of urgency + Practical knowledge of major automotive quality and qualification standards, including High volt Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Driving a Greener Future
- Some Travel Required + Continued Professional Development + Relocation Provided
Job ID: HRD13095
Location: 2525 W 190th St., Torrance, CA 90504-6099 USA Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status. For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster . Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy . If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged. Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.
Automotive Electric Motor Engineers Design, Test And Sytems Positions
Will lead product development for parts and assemblies for product. This includes design reviews, lab coordination, print support, ECN coordination, FMEAs, vendor support, proto build support.
• Coordinate product development work: specs, design, analysis, test
• Drive product design cost reduction
• Create designs that increase field robustness
• Interact with customers to provide product solutions
• Provide engineering project management support for samples, validation plans, launch support
• Integrate, troubleshoot, and commission Electric Drive Modules systems including control systems, inverters, rotating electric machines, and automotive driveline components to support validation testing.
• BS Mechanical, Physics or Electrical Engineering required
• Advanced engineering or business degrees desirable
• Demonstrated experience in under hood component development (automotive, offroad, trucking)
• Component development experience of at least 5 years required
• Product understanding of rotating electromechanical devices desired
• Product test experience with failure analysis / improvement / overstress testing
• Strong communication skills on a global basis in cross-functional teams
• Statistical problem-solving and design skills
Electric Motor Winder AND Mechanic
Electric Motor Winder
Leppert-Nutmeg, Inc. is an established Electric Motor/Generator Company in northern Connecticut. Our service area encompasses the Northeastern United States.
We are looking for experienced ELECTRIC MOTOR/GENERATOR WINDERS who are looking to excel.
Our winding department handles rewinds from small single phase AC motors up thru 13.8KV Generators.
If you are looking for something new and different, this is the place. Come learn from winders with 25, 30 even 40 years of experience.
The right candidates should have the following skill set:
· Attention to detail
· Strong safety record
· Team player
· Experience with AC low voltage random windings
· Experience with medium voltage a plus
· Experience with high voltage a plus, plus
The individual will refurbish, test and rewind AC/DC motors and generators.
Must work well in a team environment, have attention to detail and strong safety awareness. Must be willing to work flexible hours as required, including working on site.
We are also looking for SKILLED MECHANICS responsible for disassembly and assembly of motors and generators.
Possible room for advancement within the company for the right individuals.
Excellent pay and benefits with a competitive compensation package. Including quality health insurance. Flexible Spending Plans and 401(K). Paid vacation after 1 year. 10 paid Holidays. Uniforms.
Starting pay is bases on experience, $20-$25/hr.
Must be reliable and flexible to work demands with possible overtime requirements
Job benefits include employer sponsored medical plans, 401k plan, paid holiday and vacation, company uniforms and medical flexible spending plan
Electric Motor Mechanic
Join the EandM Motor Shop Department! We are looking for a bright candidate who is looking for a future…..
No experience in as an Electric Motor Mechanic is required; Just a Passion to Learn!
A Day in the Life of a Motor Mechanic here at EandM!
- General maintenance and repair of electric motors
- Basic maintenance of shop equipment (e.g.. keeping machines cleaned and oiled)
- Organization of stock and materials
- Maintain and follow safety practices and procedures
- Occasional handyman tasks as necessary
What Experience is Required to be Successful as Motor Winder at EandM?
- Ability to operate basic shop machinery and tools (e.g. drills, sanders, spray paint, etc.)
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle for the purpose of picking up/delivering product to customers or running errands at the direction of the manager
- Electrical knowledge (welding, mill wrights, machining, etc.) is a huge plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
Physical Requirements for this Role Include (But are not limited to):
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand for long periods of time
- Wear appropriate safety equipment
- Work is performed in non-conditioned space, so the area is subject to both heat and cold
- The noise level can be moderate to high
- The Motor Shop environment is constantly moving; attention to detail and safety are of the utmost importance Work is performed around electricity; following safety protocol is essential
$15.00/HR and On the Job Training
Generous benefits package that includes:
- 401k Matching Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) and Short-Term Disability (STD) Supplemental after one year
EandM is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. We welcome all applicants….
Electric Motor Winder
Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc. is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery in the United States. Our facility is equipped with the most modern and technically advanced equipment available. EMC serves a variety of industries including power generation, hydrocarbon, chemical processing, water resources, marine, pulp and paper, mining, and nuclear.
• Knowledge of rewinding 3 phase form coil and random wound stators
• Knowledge of rewinding DC armatures and fields
• Familiarity with electrical test equipment (i.e. surge tester, low resistance bridge, multimeter, megohmeter, ampmeter, voltmeter)
• Familiarity with electrical tests (i.e. surge test, hi-pot test, checking polarity and resistance on windings, taking megger readings).
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must provide own basic hand tools (testing equipment is provided by the company).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and able to stand/walk for extended periods.
• Must be willing to work overtime.
• Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
Our company prides itself on:
-Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
-Providing quality service to our customers
-Employing and retaining great people
Our company offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
-Paid vacation and holidays
-Health, life, and dental insurance
-Short term and long term disability
-401K and profit sharing
-Uniforms provided by the company
Salary history or requirements are to be provided with all inquiries.
Check out our web site to learn more about our business.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!