Electric Motor Repairing Supervisor Job Description Sample
Field Service Manager For Electric Motor And Repair
Brick Staffing is seeking an experiencedField Service Manager for our client’s Detroit, MI Service Center.
In this position, you will report to the Area General Manager and will oversee a service team that addresses electrical power systems, industrial drives and controls, on-site motor management, and related electrical/mechanical services at customer sites.
· Three years of experience in applicable field.
· Relevant hands-on experience in electrical controls, motor repair, and power systems.
· Excellent mechanical, analytical, communication, and customer skills.
· Willingness to learn and the ability to coach, backed up by a solid educational and/or work experience background.
· Strong computer skills.
· Communicate well, both orally and in writing
Ability to make decisions and act when time or customer pressures are apparent.
· Excellent customer relationship skills.
· Understanding of the use of all testing and troubleshooting equipment.
· Management experience in applicable field.
· Mechanical skills and/or electrical motor aptitude.
· Conduct preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, installation, and start-up assistance on typical electrical installations such as AC and DC adjustable speed drives, AC and DC motors, solid state starters, protection relays, engine driven generators, IR scanning, vibration and balancing (for various mechanical applications), motor removals and installations, wind power generators, large industrial motor inspections, switch-gear and controls (all voltages), dry and liquid filled transformers, uninterruptible power supplies, circuit breaks, servo motors and controls.
· Handle a variety of on-site field service tasks, as well as in-shop customer equipment repairs.
· Manage staff scheduling, taking customer calls and booking appointments, as well as taking care of customer requests.
· Visit sites and project quotations.
· Set and achieve annual goals for sales growth.
· Manage all field service activities in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Northwestern Ontario
Service Center Manager - Electric Motor Repair
SERVICE CENTER MANAGER - ELECTRIC MOTOR REPAIR Manages and directs all aspects of electric motor, transformer manufacturing, and associated electrical equipment service center activities. Manage, direct, and implement operations strategies and objectives to insure the achievement of division goals.
Plan, prepare, monitor, and forecast direct and/or indirect budgets. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position supervises groups of employees directly involved in the electric motor, transformer manufacturing, and associated electrical equipment field activities. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES Developing your group leaders, acting as a mentor, and providing career coaching for employees.
Support staff on assigned project based work. Continually work in a safe manner in compliance with Company EHS rules and guidelines. Ability to work in a TEAM environment.
Knowledge of lockout/tag out, confined space, electrical safety and OSHA standards. Ability to manage multiple priorities, effective team player. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS BBA/BBM/BSEE/BSME degree from accredited University or equivalent with emphasis on business management; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the electrical and mechanical manufacturing field.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS Management - Candidate must have prior management experience of profit and loss statement including financial budgeting. Preferred emphasis in managing electric motor repair and/or experience in electrical or mechanical manufacturing field.
Electric Motor Mechanic
Read job cards to determine: job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (ac or dc).
Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition.
Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washers/steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc.
Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed items from storekeeper as approved by supervisor.
Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assembles, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
Assist other mechanics or other shop personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
All other duties as assigned. Required Skills
Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in rotating apparatus repair (AC and/or DC electric motors, pumps, blowers, etc), preferably in an electric motor/job shop environment.
Mechanical skills required include: troubleshooting of problems, electrical theory and understanding of A.C. and D.C. motors.
Prior experience working as a Mechanic desired. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets. Tracking Code: 763-773 Job Location: Augusta, Georgia, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Electric Motor Sales Manager
SMAC has developed a high torque DC servomotor with an output estimated to be triple that of – same size, current and voltage – the leading motor makers
SMAC is now tooling up this product line with initial high interest from leading manufacturers and robot makers around the globe. Reasonable material cost and efficient production offers the opportunity to make a million motors a year.
SMAC sells strictly through a distribution system with locations around the world, many already sell competitor products. A number of these distributors have been approached and their feedback is that the current market needs lacks a small, high torque motor.
SMAC has a strong market position and understanding of electric linear actuators. However, with less experience in the small DC servomotor market, the Company is looking to hire a Sales Manager that can penetrate deep into this market.
The market for these motors is estimated at around $2 billion annually, SMAC aims to obtain a 10% market share within 5 years of product launch.
· Work closely with SMAC’s 6 sales Area Managers (2 each in US, Europe and Asia) in sales development of this new product
· Team with channel partners to develop sales with larger volume customers located globally
· Work closely with Design and Marketing to tailor this new line to customer needs
· Travel with distributors to end user facilities
· Minimum 10yrs experience selling rotary DC motors
· Must have network of industry relevant contacts with diverse applications
· Bachelors – Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
· Technically savvy with electric motors, specifically DC rotary
· 10yrs experience selling through distribution/channel partners and development of new distributors
· Professional understanding of multi-axis systems, steppers, servos, drives and control software
· Intimate with new product rollout and channel management
· This is a full time, salaried position
· Competitive – dependent upon experience
· Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401k and biannual bonus
· Personable, customer centric attitude
· Aggressive sales posture
· Recognized as a solution provider
· Excellent communication and problem solving
· Willingness to travel
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. This job description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform. Other responsibilities/duties may be added as needed by the Area Sales Manager and/or President of The Company.
Electric Motor Winder
Join the EandM Motor Shop Department!
We are looking for a bright candidate who is looking for a future…..
No experience in Motor Winding is required; Just a Passion to Learn!
A Day in the Life of a Motor Winder here at EandM!
· Accurately take winding data from units being rewound
· Convert winding data for voltage and speed changes
· Wind DC Fields, Armatures, wound rotors and equalizers
· Banding of DC equipment
· Stator Core loss testing
· Restoring stator irons
· Work with random and form coils, low voltage only
· Perform a battery of electrical tests
· Disassemble, test, and repair motors
· Cut and burn stators
· Wind motors from single phase to 500hp, 460 volts three phase
· Utilize bake off oven
· Dip and bake stators
· Uphold the high quality standards of our company
What Experience is Required to be Successful as Motor Winder at EandM?
· Safety Conscious
· Balancing and vibration experience is a plus
· Good organizational skills
· Computer skills
· Ability to work well unsupervised
· Attention to detail
· Willingness to be trained
Skills that are Beneficial to the Role Include (But are not limited to): Knowledge of high voltage test equipment and a background in motor re-winding
Physical Requirements for this Role Include (But are not limited to):
· Must be able to alternate standing and sitting positions, and walking
· Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to reach, feel, and handle
· Must be able to stoop, kneel, and bend over
· Must be able to regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds without assistance
· Work is performed in non-conditioned space, so the area is subject to both heat and cold
· The noise level can be moderate to high
· The Motor Shop environment is constantly moving; attention to detail and safety are of the utmost importance Work is performed around electricity; following safety protocol is essential
· $15.00/HR and On the Job Training
Generous benefits package that includes:
401k Matching Retirement
Long-Term Disability (LTD) and Short-Term Disability (STD) Supplemental after one year
EandM is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. We welcome all applicants….
Electric Motor Winder AND Mechanic
Electric Motor Winder
Leppert-Nutmeg, Inc. is an established Electric Motor/Generator Company in northern Connecticut. Our service area encompasses the Northeastern United States.
We are looking for experienced ELECTRIC MOTOR/GENERATOR WINDERS who are looking to excel.
Our winding department handles rewinds from small single phase AC motors up thru 13.8KV Generators.
If you are looking for something new and different, this is the place. Come learn from winders with 25, 30 even 40 years of experience.
The right candidates should have the following skill set:
· Attention to detail
· Strong safety record
· Team player
· Experience with AC low voltage random windings
· Experience with medium voltage a plus
· Experience with high voltage a plus, plus
The individual will refurbish, test and rewind AC/DC motors and generators.
Must work well in a team environment, have attention to detail and strong safety awareness. Must be willing to work flexible hours as required, including working on site.
We are also looking for SKILLED MECHANICS responsible for disassembly and assembly of motors and generators.
Possible room for advancement within the company for the right individuals.
Excellent pay and benefits with a competitive compensation package. Including quality health insurance. Flexible Spending Plans and 401(K). Paid vacation after 1 year. 10 paid Holidays. Uniforms.
Starting pay is bases on experience, $20-$25/hr.
Must be reliable and flexible to work demands with possible overtime requirements
Job benefits include employer sponsored medical plans, 401k plan, paid holiday and vacation, company uniforms and medical flexible spending plan
Electric Motor Winder
Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc. is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery in the United States. Our facility is equipped with the most modern and technically advanced equipment available. EMC serves a variety of industries including power generation, hydrocarbon, chemical processing, water resources, marine, pulp and paper, mining, and nuclear.
• Knowledge of rewinding 3 phase form coil and random wound stators
• Knowledge of rewinding DC armatures and fields
• Familiarity with electrical test equipment (i.e. surge tester, low resistance bridge, multimeter, megohmeter, ampmeter, voltmeter)
• Familiarity with electrical tests (i.e. surge test, hi-pot test, checking polarity and resistance on windings, taking megger readings).
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must provide own basic hand tools (testing equipment is provided by the company).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and able to stand/walk for extended periods.
• Must be willing to work overtime.
• Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
Our company prides itself on:
-Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
-Providing quality service to our customers
-Employing and retaining great people
Our company offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
-Paid vacation and holidays
-Health, life, and dental insurance
-Short term and long term disability
-401K and profit sharing
-Uniforms provided by the company
Salary history or requirements are to be provided with all inquiries.
Check out our web site to learn more about our business.
Pump And Electric Motor Sales Representative
Expanding pump and electric motor sales and service company is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable, and responsible electric motor and pump sales representative. Successful candidate must be comfortable working with engineers and municipalities to get our products specified for new construction and rehabilitation projects. Experience and knowledge of electric motors and pumps in relation to pump curves and calculating total dynamic head pressures is a must. Computer skills with proficiency in Word and Excel is required. Other desired and useful skills are having the ability to read plans and blue prints, performing take offs, estimating, and working with CAD. A valid Nevada drivers license and clean driving record is also required. Compensation will be a base salary plus possible commission and bonuses.
Help with relocation would be considered for the right candidate.
Electric Motor Repair Technician
Chelsea, MA Type: Contract To Hire Pay Rate Min: $20.00 USD Pay Rate Max: $28.00 USD Must be able to pass background check and have a clean driving record.
At least a year of pump/electric motor repair and they will have to go into confined spaces, which we would certify them for. The pay rate would be $20 - $28 depending on experience, with infrastructure tech on the lower end because when they are spraying they would be receiving prevailing wage which is considerable higher. Pumps and Electric Motor
Electric Motor Mechanic
Auto req ID:
2472BR Posting Title:
Electric Motor Mechanic
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Company Description Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself.
From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success.
With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Job Purpose Reports directly to and works under the supervision of a Production Supervisor. A Production (Electric Motor) Mechanic rebuilds locomotive motors and specialty Wheel sets in accordance with AAR, customer specifications, company guidelines and checklists.
Attend our job fair: Muncie Locomotive Assembly Facility 3500 South Cowan Road, Muncie, In Thursday, February 8th 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Key Job Elements • Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies; • Inspect, maintain, trouble shoot, diagnose and rebuild locomotive motors and specialty wheel sets; • Measuring with micrometers and other precision tools; • Operate overhead cranes and forklifts; • Consistently complete production related documents legibly without error; • Follow Quality Work Instructions consistently; • Perform other duties as required by Supervisor. Education / Training • Highschool diploma or equivalent required; • 3-5 years of mechanical experienced. • Locomotive Diesel Electric experience a PLUS.
Qualifications and Experience • Read precision instruments and gauges; • Capable use of hands and power tools, including pneumatic tools; • Work around overhead cranes and mobile equipment; • Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, dirt, railroad tracks); • Constant standing, walking; • Frequent bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching; • Push/pull up to 150 lbs; • Carrying up to 85 lbs.
Benefits Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions. *Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
EEO Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!