Electrical Discharge Machine Set Up Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator Set Up Operator
Able to set up, run and troubleshoot collation and associated equipment.
50% of the time you will; Set up, operate, troubleshoot and repair collation and associated machinery
20% of the time you will; Operate collation and associated equipment in the event of labor shortages
20% of the time you will; Liaise with maintenance techs to perform major repair on collation and associated machinery
10% of the time you will; Train Operators to conduct minor repairs on collation and associated machinery
2 Years related experience and/or training required
Math: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Reading Comprehension: Ability to read, speak and comprehend English at a minimum of 6th grade level
Production: Regular reliable punctual attendance is essential because of limited staffing resources
Equipment: Powered Industrial Truck operators permit
Work Status & Location
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in Gallatin, TN
Relocation will not be considered for this position.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
Car Hustler / Set Machine Operator
Job Summary: Helps Operator by performing manual tasks and movement of kiln cars and straightening of stacks of bricks. Inspect bricks before drying operation and replace as necessary. Operates machine and equipment in relief of operator.
Constant standing/walking short distances up to 10 hours daily.
Ability to climb 8 steps frequently to raise platform area.
Ability to use both hands/arms simultaneously in movement of kiln cars and to exert push/pull force up to 100 lbs.
Frequent reaching, handling and grasping.
Ability to bend/twist frequently at waist and knees throughout workshift.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and perform assigned clean-up duties.
Must not be sight or hearing impaired; requires good peripheral vision.
Ability to work quickly, replacing bricks in stacks and coordinating movement to kiln cars.
Constant attention to detail in working around automated moving equipment.
Ability to inspect brick products.
Must be capable of setting machine and exercising independent judgment.
Works in and outdoors.
Hazards are numerous including: heat, cold, dust, noise, oil slippery surfaces, uneven terrain, exposure to moving equipment and machinery, electrical shock, hazardous chemicals and products, may work inside or outside and be exposed to temperature extremes and be required to work extended hours or as needed on occasion.
Safety equipment required and provided.
Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time, and Occasionally under 20% time.
Previous manual labor experience.
Production experience preferred.
Press Brake Set Up Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
This position is primarily responsible for set up and operation of a press brake to bend metal parts/sheets to the desired dimensions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
Reads job order, blueprint and/ or work instruction for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determine sequence of operations.
Create, edit, and save programs, work with Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers to create new programs
Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures. Set machine to properly form work piece.
Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
Stack, and identify parts for remaining processes.
First part produced inspected 100 percent for each critical operation and in-process inspections as required.
Works at different stations or departments as production needs require.
Follow all safety guidelines and wear proper personal protective equipment
Ability to train other operators
Other duties as assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read work instructions.
Able to work overtime and weekends.
Basic computer skills.
Able to read standard and metric rulers.
Able to read blueprints
Utilize calipers, height gages, and various angle gages/protractors.
- Manual dexterity
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school education or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years of work experience in new tool/ part set up.
Preferred Cincinnati Press Control Software experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; Reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and lift up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (weather/non-weather)
Steel toe shoes are required for this position
Wire Electrical Discharge Machine (Wedm) Operator
Job Description:Duties and
- Program cutting paths of WEDM equipment utilizing specific WEDM Computer Assisted Machining (CAM) software and CAD geometry supplied by Engineering. Archive data as required for future use.
- Efficiently operate multiple WEDM machines simultaneously. Responsible for producing accurately reproduced tool components (within +/- .0002” of CAD geometry) according to the published WEDM workcenter schedule.
- Assist in developing the WEDM workcenter schedule.
- Perform routine maintenance on WEDM equipment as specified. Responsible for coordinating subcontracted service/repair work of WEDM equipment and ancillary equipment whenever necessary.
- Coordinate the purchase of WEDM equipment spare parts. Responsible for maintaining an adequate stock of critical spare components to ensure that equipment will remain operational in the case of failure of commonly replaced items.
- Arrange and track the purchase of WEDM consumable products (eg. Wire and Di-ionizing agents).
- Maintain an inventory of clamps/fixtures/vises to ensure proper work holding is achieved.
- Assist in the design of fixtures, gages and other custom tooling or equipment as required.
- Provide technical assistance to Engineering and Tool Room regarding WEDM design and process issues throughout die design, die fabrication and debugging.
- Instruct and mentor Tool Room apprentices.
- Maintain integrity of Company's Design Engineering files/databases.
- Other duties as assigned by Tool Room Manager or V.P. of Engineering
- At least 3 yrs experience operating Wire EDM and/or conventional EDM equipment in a tool & die or mold making environment. Experience with high-volume tight-tolerance tooling preferable.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; 2-yr technical degree and/or apprenticeship experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints and other technical documents. Familiar with CAD software. Understanding of ANSI/ISO drawing standards and GD&T dimensioning preferable.
- Knowledge of metal stamping and/or injection molding industries and practices.
- Knowledge of quality inspection tools and methods preferable.
- Knowledge of tool steels and their applications.
- Some knowledge of commonly stamped metals such as cold-rolled steels, stainless steels and copper-based alloys.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good analytical and computational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Machine Set Up Technician ","Value":" Machine Set Up Technician
This is a 3rd Shift position. Installs molds/dies into injection molding machines according to the production schedule to satisfy production needs and tool development needs. Set up procedures may include the following:
Connecting hoses, die heaters, loading of proper raw material or checking the pellet mix against code number to verify use of a virgin material, regrind mix or color composition mix. Must have a good understanding of machine adjustments. Set machine process parameters according to established "ISO Setup" documented processes.
Set process controllers according to prescribed process specifications. This may include setting cylinder temperature, activate water cooling systems and set mold temperature. Adjust clamp force and speed; set shot size and screw speed.
Regulate first and second stage pressure and cycle time, set back pressure and adjust mold opening and closing time. Change out machine barrel nozzles and tips as needed. Purge machine of all old material and run test.
Responsible for setup of secondary processes and equipment such as degating and drilling operations. Capable of diagnosing machine or tool malfunctions or conditions which lead to incorrect dimensions or defective parts. Work from part drawings, plannings, routings, work instructions, and work orders.
Use precision gauges such as verniers, scales, comparators and pyrometers as required. Use and setup required measuring fixtures on coordinate measuring machines (CMM) to measure parts on inspection programs as required. Perform any required process changes that deviate from specified parameters within the current engineering/ management limitations to ensure acceptable dimensions and appearance.
Inspect test part to blueprint specifications and make all necessary adjustments to correct any problems before production run.
Instruct machine operators on the operation of the molding machine and secondary equipment and provide them with any necessary tools, materials or supplies. Relieve operators when necessary.
Service molding machines by cleaning dies, clearing sprues, freeing stuck parts and loading material hoppers. Follow machine shut down procedures as specified. Shut down procedure may include the following; close hopper throat valve, turn off heating and cooling systems, retract carriage and purge machine.
Ensure machines and areas around them are clean and free of all debris (resin pellets, molded parts, water, oil, etc.) after each setup is completed. Good housekeeping at all times is a high priority. Fill out "TOOL REPAIR REQUEST TICKET" and place on mold after completion of run.
Inform supervisor of any needed repairs to mold. On a daily basis follow the scheduling procedures. Use only company supplied tools from setup tool boxes.
Communicate shift information both verbally and in writing according to procedure. Perform assigned machine PM's (preventative maintenance) by due dates. Take over operator responsibilities for a semi-auto or fully- auto production run when a regular operator is not available and the job has a high priority.
Set up and operate tool tryouts to support engineering development when required by management. Utilize production inventory management systems to perform production reporting and part information inquires such as material locations or bill of materials. Be available to work other shifts to cover vacations or personal leaves when given sufficient notice as prescribed by the contract.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Injection Molding Machine Set Up Technician III
Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Machine Set Up Technician 3
Shift C: Wed – Sat, Thur
- Sat 6am – 630pm
Our Manhattan, Montana facility is seeking a Machine Set Up Tech 3 to add to our team. The Machine Set Up Tech 3 is responsible for but not limited to: Technician must possess excellent knowledge of injection molding process, materials, molds and machinery. Technician must maintain molding schedules; evaluate parts based on quality standards and specifications, and assist machine operators as needed. Technician will assist material handler with start and setup procedures. This position supports 32 IMM's with a drive for 90% uptime along with 2 other machine set up technicians of varying experience. This position is a direct supporter/contributor to the success of the Operations Manager and any/all delegated work is expected to positively promote the Blackhawk brand.
Including but not limited to the following
Verify correct set-up of molds, presses, and auxiliary equipment before machine start up.
Establish proper molding conditions.
Perform mold changes and sampling runs according to molding schedule.
Assist with the set-up and maintenance of auxiliary equipment, including granulators, conveyors, liquid temperature controls, and mold electrical controls.
Make minor repairs to machines and equipment and notify proper personnel of necessary major repairs.
Relieve other molding technicians on breaks and in the event of absenteeism.
Train and assist machine operators
Responsible for adherence to Quality Specifications for all products.
Follow and promote all safety and environmental procedures
Promote and maintain an atmosphere of cooperation among and between shifts, tool room, quality control, and management to facilitate production goals.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum 7 years as Machine Set Up Technician I/II or similar experience (external applicants)
Proficient in plastics material handling processes and procedures
Taken and passed Assessment to move to level 3 (internal applicant)
Displayed strong team player and a drive to make the team successful
Strong demonstration of leadership skills and associated qualities
Performs all tasks associated and expected of the Machine Set Up Tech 1 and Machine Set Up Tech 2
Demonstrated consistent drive to continued learning
Shows drive to assume more responsibility and accepts assigned tasks readily and willingly
Willingness to train others and actively participate in knowledge transfer
Has taken formal Machine Processing Training courses
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
Action Oriented-Quick to act on an opportunity, Enjoys working hard, Energetically addresses tasks the are seen as challenging, Not fearful of acting with minimal direction, proactively seeks out more opportunities than most others
Delegation-Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions, Shares both responsibility and accountability, trusts people to perform but available to provide advice, allows direct reports to finish their own work but knows when oversite is needed.
Directing Others-Good at establishing clear directions, sets stretching objectives, Distributes the work load appropriately, Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner, Maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results, Brings out the best in people, Clear communicator
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Drive for Results-Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers, Very bottom-line oriented, Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Coiler (Includes Machine Set Up)
About the open position
Michigan Spring and Stamping is looking for employees with skilled technical backgrounds to add to our team. Positions start at a minimum of $12.00/hr but is paid based on experience.
Over the next year, the qualified candidate will be trained in:
- Understanding the SPC process
- Checking and documenting critical dimensions of parts using measuring tools such as gages, micrometers and calipers
- Setting up, troubleshooting and making adjustments to metal forming machines to achieve specified product dimensions
- Analyzing work orders, work piece, blueprints, specifications to determine process, materials, tooling, and sequence of operations
- Selecting and installing appropriate tools and equipment (cams, forming tools, cut off tools, dies, etc.) to produce a part as specified on blue print.
- Keep parts and tools in their proper place, occasionally fix or replace broken tooling and have replacement parts available.
- Grind arbors and any other necessary parts.
- Maintain quality at standard rates of set-up and running speed.
- Problem solve, correct and/or stop production when defective parts are detected.
- Interpret shop orders, use computer terminals, and material requisitions properly.
- Weigh, label, and package parts
- Abide by safe work practices at all times
Are you a good fit for this job?
You could be the right person if you have these qualifications:
- Have willingness and drive to learn new things.
- Understand that Quality is second only to Safety.
- Have a mechanical aptitude
- Know or want to learn to read basic blueprints, micrometers, calipers, dial gauges, load test scales and metric conversion accurately.
- Have sound mathematical skills
- Possess Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal situations and can read and write English.
- Great attendance
- A positive attitude
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds repeatedly during the course of a workday.
- Candidate will be required to stand for long periods of time.
If you ask our employees why they love working at Michigan Spring and Stamping, they will tell you it’s because of the great people they get to work with every day, the flexibility and job security we provide and the daily opportunities which keep them motivated. We are a medium sized company right where you want to be and where you can really make a difference.
In addition to a great work environment, we offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Within our benefits package; affordable medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability (at no cost to you), 401k with company match, profit sharing, generous educational reimbursement policy, vacation and flexible schedules.
For information on the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), please follow this link: http://www.dol.gov/whd/polygraph/
Set Up Operator I - Actuator
Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a qualified Set Up Operator I - Actuator - 1st shift to support our facility in Spartanburg, SC.
Key duties include but not limited to:
Assemble linear actuators
Operate or use general assembly equipment such as presses, torque wrenches, special tooling, and various hand tools
Gather necessary parts and tools for efficient assembly
Maintain orderly work station and ensure product is always protected and identified properly
Work with MS Access database to initiate assembly operations
Work with motors and electronics for final assembly testing
Qualified candidates will have:
Must have a High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of two (2) years in manufacturing environment operating complex plant metalworking or related equipment
Experience with machine set-up on the same machine or machine type as will be responsible for after hire
Ability to read/complete blueprints
Ability to provide examples of previous complex troubleshooting
Strong communication skills and strong mechanical background with troubleshooting skills
Ability to work overtime to include weekends
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
CNC Set Up Operator
CNC Set Up – 1st Shift - $2,000 sign on bonus after 90 days
Use your technical expertise - Set up Tsugami Swiss machines or Eurotech to machine metallic and nonmetallic work pieces by performing the following duties:
Operate production machinery to print specifications.
Visually and dimensionally inspect production parts for any defects.
Verify conformance of work piece to specifications, using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and go/no-go gauges.
Read and interpret basic blueprints.
Read and interpret the Job Traveler for number of pieces, job rate, sequence of operation, etc...
Completes necessary job related paperwork to include tags, inspection documents, and production log.
Sorts, mark, or tag finished work.
Transport finished materials, manually or using pallet jack.
Observe daily preventative machine maintenance: proper coolant levels, filters, fan operation, clean machine, etc.
Ability to perform basic math shop skills of addition, subtraction, division, percentages and fraction conversions.
Basic computer skills to perform job/part inquiry, data collection or input.
Knowledgeable in metrology.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Able to lift, push or pull up to 45 lbs.
Specific vision ability--close 20/20 vision or corrected to 20/20 is required.
Pre-employment: Vision Test, background check, drug screen, mini physical.
Excellent benefits: Medical (BC/BS with HSA and prescription), dental, vision, life insurance, AD & D, short-term disability, long-term disability, FSA, Tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with MATCH.
We are a clean shop (heated and air conditioned, ISO Certified)
The next step and requirement to apply is to submit your resume and complete a Culture Index Survey. This 10 minute Survey helps us better understand overall "fit" and how you prefer to be managed, motivated and communicated with. To begin this process, copy this link into your browser and press enter: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/035CE1
Set Up / Operator
Set Up / Operator
Modine Manufacturing Company
West Kingston, RI
Hours per Week:
Work Hours (i.e. shift):
Starting Salary Range:
$19.59 to $22.26
Rate above plus additional 35 cents per hour shift differential. Competitive benefits package offered.
High School or Equivalent
1 to 20+ years
Required Security Clearance:
Metal/Plastic Workers, Production
Set up mechanically controlled production equipment such as; press brakes, saws, drills, spot welders, flame cutters, shears, fin/core machines, brazing oven / carousel and similar equipment for operation by self or others. Installs tools, dies or fixtures to produce parts to blueprint tolerance and specifications.
Use wrenches, hoists, gages and precision measuring equipment. Correlate machine positions with alignment, tool sequence, clearances and part dimensions. Set speeds, feeds and depth of cut adjustments.
Insures that first piece inspection is performed and approval is given. Marks approved piece as sample for operator. Ensures all safety features are functioning before operating press.
Sets all safety devices to perform properly. Advises supervisor of any irregularities in the job. Responsible for quality of own work.
Does weekly press inspections. Performs material handling as required. Maintains clean, safe and orderly work area.
Maintain accurate production and quality records. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor.
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants!
email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!