Electrical Engineer Job Description Sample
o Participate in development of Product Specification
o Produce conceptual designs
o Guide development process to produce practical designs
o Create detailed circuit and hardware drawings and software code
o Identify applicable standards
o Provide analysis of design to applicable standards
o Provide analysis of design using engineering analysis tools and techniques (e.g., Circuit simulation, software analysis tools)
o Review instruction manuals and product literature
o Define and lead prototype development and lab and field tests
o Work with manufacturing on process development
o Conduct design reviews, safety reviews, etc.
o Leader of small new product development projects as required.
o Complete project feasibility and Pre-Prod authorizations
o Create and maintain project schedules
o Manage project to meet schedules, including:
- Working with other team members to ensure satisfactory completion of all steps in development process
- Identification and communication of threats to schedule to appropriate management
o Work effectively in a team environment
o Participate in release-for-sale activities
o Provide periodic oral and written reports of project status
o Participate in identification of new product opportunities for us by:
- Recognizing customer product needs o Evaluating our company and competitive products o Proposing and developing proper technology to fulfill customer needs
- Direct and perform standard product support activities such as:
o Analyzing and writing Engineering Change Orders for products
o Troubleshooting product problems in manufacturing, lab or customer sites
o Initiating corrective action activities
o Learn, participate in development, and apply knowledge of:
- Developments in technical field by staying abreast of developments to maintain technical knowledge
o our product line
o Operational systems
o our company and industry design standards
o our Quality Management System
o our customer applications and requirements
o Emerging trends in our customers' markets
o Other duties as assigned
-BS degree in electrical, computer or software engineering or computer science from an accredited institution or equivalent as approved by divisional engineering management group
- Consistent highly effective performance at grade 9 - Minimum of 1.5 years experience in new product development with demonstrated ability to produce innovative and successful designs
-Excellent engineering/technical aptitude
-Excellent oral and written communication skills
-Ability to recognize customer product needs and trends in the marketplace that affect product requirements
Relocation Assistance Available
Electrical Engineer- Boston, MA
Data Center Critical Facility Experience a Huge Plus
- Create designs and plans, provided and gather specifications, and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary electrical engineering design role for small to medium sized data center facility design projects.
- Create Conceptual Designs gathered from meetings with the client for Field Engineer focus
- Production Engineering also available if field work is not your thing
- Work with Management to respond to RFPs.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policies. Put these in clear concise work statement for the field.
- Represent the company in project meetings as needed.
- 3-7 years experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Licensed PE a Plus
- LEED AP a plus
- Revit experience a Plus
- Experience with Electrical Systems such as UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), Generators, Switchgears, and Batteries a MUST
- Experience working on complex facilities design or for Data Centers Mission Critical projects a Must
- Ability to successfully work independently
- Self Starter, self motivated, and should prioritize well.
Please send any interests or resumes: email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 11647476 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries plus benefits.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Vetegrity manages and directs the facility engineering design, construction & renovation, maintenance programs, and raised floor infrastructure for mission-critical DoD data centers.
- Provides assistance in the development of projects and services with supporting engineering calculations to include rough sizing of electrical systems, generators, uninterruptible power supplies (UPSs), conduits, conductors, and other electrical components
- Maintains the existing electrical studies using Easy Power software
- Creates technical electrical engineering reviews of complex multi-discipline designs and drafting of Statements of Work (SOW), Performance Work Statement (PWS) with supporting cost estimates annually
- Supports project execution with engineering assistance for technical reviews and providing recommendation
- Reviews comments to the Government representative regarding contract status with schedule
- Reviews facilities reports and mission partner documentation
- Provides design of electrical systems for projects
- This position will require travel to facility sites (about 12 site visits annually)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- 5 years of experience in design and construction of electrical systems for data centers
- 2 years of experience commissioning building electrical systems for critical infrastructure
- 1 year of experience in electrical engineering studies (Easy Power or equivalent software program)
- Proficiency with office automation software (MS Office, AutoCAD)
- Familiarity with building power systems UPS (500 KW or larger), building generators (1MW or larger) power systems (5MW or larger)
- Background in Project Management
- Professional Engineering license preferred
- Secret Security Clearance
Vetegrity is an employee-focused small business, founded in 2008. We are dedicated to supporting the missions of the Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense. Vetegrity is a Service Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits to include:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) + Federal Holidays
- 401k with Employer Match
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flex Spending Account
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Performance Incentives
- On-The-Spot Rewards
If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity and/or Vetegrity, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
We are currently seeking a full-time Electrical Engineer to be an integral member of our team in our Richmond, Virginia office location.
Location: Richmond, Virginia
- 5-7 years of electrical engineering design experience preferably with large institutional or commercial projects from schematic design through construction administration.
- A four-year electrical engineering degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- EIT preferred. PE is a plus.
- Experience with calculations, design, layout and specification of power distribution, lighting, fire alarm and communication systems.
- Strong communication skills are essential, along with the ability to work effectively within an A/E environment as an effective member of multi-discipline project teams.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to provide strict attention to detail and be a good troubleshooter and problem solver who works well under pressure with a can-do attitude.
- Good working knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Working knowledge of codes and standards such as NEC, NESC, IBC, IECC
- Good working knowledge of REVIT.
- Microsoft Office Suite
Competitive salary; health, life, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance; paid leave; 401(k) plan; and holidays.
Through Moseley’s own in-house Moseley University program, employees are provided with a platform to learn additional skills that can assist with professional development and help pave the way for future advancement, while promoting the core values and attributes that make Moseley Architects unique in the marketplace.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé online at www.moseleyarchitects.com/careers/, or via mail at 3200 Norfolk Street, Richmond, VA 23230, Attn: Human Resources.
This position supports the Distributed Power Fulfillment Engineering team in a design capacity for reciprocating engines and packaged generator sets. This position will work in global fulfillment engineering teams to deliver product solutions for our customers by completing custom design requests for new unit sales or Customer Modifications & Upgrades (CM&U) to support customer solutions for installed units. In this position, you will utilize your skills in engineering design, CAD, BOM creation, project management and GE's quality system to deliver customer solutions.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Design from an accredited Technical College or University is required along with a minimum of 6 months of experience in a design role.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
• Demonstrated proficiency utilizing electrical engineering skills to analyze technical requirements and applying appropriate skill set to design and detail wiring systems.
• Experience with ePLAN P8 and Harness proD or other software for design, modeling and routing of wire harnesses on industrial machines.
• Industrial engine, generator set, control panels or switchgear background.
• Proficiency in managing technical and organizational assignments
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Organizational skills required to effectively handle multiple tasks.
• Communication & Interpersonal skills required to function effectively with engineering and inter-department team.
• Experience with Oracle/SAP Business system.
• Demonstrated proficiency in written, oral, and presentation skills.
• Must embrace continuous improvement and have a strong desire to learn.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar related degree) & 2+ years related job experience.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Industrial controls and electrical systems.
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently and in team environments.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment.
- Experience in writing/developing/programming PLCs and controls design
- Experience with specifying, installing, start-up and operation of A/C inverter drives and D/C drives including Allen-Bradley (PLC 2 and 5, Control Logix), Mitsubishi, Siemens, and General Electric
- Working knowledge of Ethernet IP communications, power distribution equipment including sizing transformers, electrical feeders, and distribution gear for equipment loads from 120 up to 13,800 volts.
- Responsible for electrical expertise in single/multiple areas of the plant.
- Responsible for maintaining the plant's high voltage electrical distribution.
- Provide technical support to internal customers.
- Manage major projects such as New Machine installation, upgrades, etc. The Projects range from $100K to $5M.
- Lead continuous improvement and corrective action activities & projects.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for any activities.
- Analyze project requirements, identify and address design parameters, engineering challenges and ensure solutions are implemented accurately, timely and within budget.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project scope of work and safety requirements, Bill of Materials and spare part requirements.
- Work closely with Automation Vendors and Manage External Contractors on Installations.
- Engineering drawing development.
- Hardware purchasing and panel build.
- PLC and HMI programming, Control System Networking & Systems integration
- Machine commissioning, start up, and check-out.
- Maintaining the plant's high voltage electrical distribution.
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure on-time delivery of projects, meeting quality standards and within budget.
- Electrical, software design for automation and safety systems. Able to maintain project scope/schedule and identify project creep.
- Create documentation such as Training documents, Program backup, Network diagrams, Electrical drawings, etc.
- Ability to architect programs that are simple to test, well documented and versatile.
- Work with Cross Functional Team for successful Trials & Qualification
Location: Albuquerque, NM 87117
Position Status: Direct hire
Relocation Assistance: Provided
Shifts: Monday- Friday (7am- 4pm)
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for a new program at Kirtland AFB near Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- The Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing reliable and responsive Electrical Engineer support to ensure effective and efficient operations of U.S.-owned and occupied facilities, associated installed equipment, and infrastructure. This includes the maintenance of all infrastructure, engineering support, fire protection and prevention services, and emergency management.
- Perform specific duties and responsibilities related to Electrical engineering including evaluating electrical systems, products, components and applications.
- Consult and coordinate with mechanical, structural and civil engineers during the design phase to ensure a proper electrical layout.
- Produce and review drawings and design in conformance with the current NEC.
- Ability to interpret construction/engineering contract drawings and specifications to ensure all construction meets initial design and specifications.
- Conduct power studies to determine quality of power, capacity, and effects of adding additional equipment to existing facilities.
- Conduct lighting studies to determine if light levels in existing facilities are adequate.
- Produce and review building lightning protection plans.
- Provides the scope definition, specification, studies, budgeting and write-up into project proposals of electrical engineering projects, prepares written responses to RFI’s, RFC’s and prepares IGCE’s for contract changes.
- Informs management on project status and construction activities, and assists in the development of programs and budgets
- Performs physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors
- Prepares and presents weekly, monthly, quarterly progress reports
- Must be capable of providing electrical engineering design services.
- The electrical engineer shall have a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a program certified by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of design experience in facility infrastructure design.
- Ability to understand and interpret construction/engineering drawings and specifications to ensure all construction meets initial design and specifications.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain Secret Clearance.
- Must have and maintain a valid US driver’s license.
- Must be capable of working with customers and company employees in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
They are looking to bring on a talented Electrical Engineer that will help them to establish and build out its Engineering Department.
- Responsible for working with Engineering leaders to develop documentation controls and catalog systems for the engineering department.
- Responsible for working with Engineering leaders to create internal standards for electrical panels, equipment, PLC’s, and automation.
- Work in unison with Engineering team to identify project requirements and to notify the Management Team of any changes to requirements and to identify new projects for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop Project Plans, Scope of Work, Engineering Plans, Review and modify designs based on requirements and feasibility, develop BOMs, identify and oversee procurement efforts.
- Create Engineering Packets in order to create and attain RFPs for products and project work required to achieve engineering goals.
- Assist and mentor support staff in the fundamentals of Electrical design, calculations and preparation of construction/technical documentation.
- Provide technical assistance and respond to contractor’s inquiries that relate to electrical requirements within projects.
- Prepare technical reports, cost estimates, cost analysis and ROIs for assigned projects and project proposals.
- Coordinate and schedule / plan the projects with support staff to ensure timely completion.
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports, and design specifications for electrical building systems and equipment.
- Oversee and inspect the installation, modification, testing, and operation of electrical equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or related degree
- 5+ years of industrial electronics experience required
- Experience upgrading electronics in a manufacturing facility is a must.
- Electrical Design and PLC experience required
- Project Engineering/Management experience
An Electrical Engineer job in Fayetteville, North Carolina is currently available through Belcan. In this job, you will provide support, coordination and development for the Process and Service areas and report directly to the Technical Manager. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and at least five years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment. You will be results driven, motivated by technical challenges and have excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills as well.
Electrical Engineer Job Duties and
Provide hands-on technical and advisory support to the plant maintenance department including providing guidance during plant power outages, upsets and shutdowns.
Perform root cause analysis of failed components, perform technical review of instrumentation system designs and modifications and troubleshoot and resolve electrical/instrumentation reliability issues.
Manage small projects related to plant reliability improvements to ensure efficient use of resources and stay within approved expense and capital expenditure guidelines in completing assignments and that all activities are carried out with integrity and in a safe and efficient manner.
Closely work in a team atmosphere for routine and non-routine repair of instrumentation, analyzers, variable speed driver/controls and electrical equipment, implement improvements and reliability initiatives
Design, train and implement preventive maintenance (PM), predictive maintenance (PdM), and continuous reliability improvement modifications.
Electrical Engineer Job Requirements and Preferences:
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
Five plus years experience in an industrial maintenance environment; (preferably chemical manufacturing environment.)
Experience with instruments and sensors such as flow meters, variable speed driver, temperature sensors, pressure and level transmitters, communication devices, interfaces and working at voltage up to 13.8kV.
Proficient computer experience including Window Software Suite
Excellent analytical, problem solving/troubleshooting skills, safe work habits with high energy level and results oriented with ability to translate key area and business needs into the right priorities and action.
Ability to successfully work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
Strong communication and presentation skills and good problem solving and math skills.
Standards & Drawings
- NFPA70 (NEC) & NFPA72, ISA-5.1, P & ID's, elementary, Single-Line, Instrument Loop, Wiring-Connection and Process Flow Diagrams.
Allen Bradley SLC500, PLC5, Pyramid Integrator, ControlLogix, Modicon Quantum processors, Drives
Allen Bradley AC PowerFlex Drives, 1336, 1352 and motors
AC Motors from 5 to 900 Hp.
- RSView32 (Including Trend X), RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5, RSLogix 5000, and AB 6200, Modsoft (Modicon Programming Language), PanelBuilder32 (PanelVIEW Development Software), Visual Basic, SQL, MS Office and MS Project
If you are interested in this Electrical Engineer job in Fayetteville, North Carolina, please apply via the apply now link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated servicesfrom jet engines, air-frame, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cyber-security. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scale-able, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!