Electrical Engineer Job Description Sample
Senior Electrical Engineer For Power Electronics Design
Control Resources, Inc. is seeking a well-rounded engineer to design custom power electronic products. Our products focus on motor control under 2 HP for AC and DC fans and pumps, lighting controls, and custom fractional horsepower power supplies. This position encompasses all aspects of board-level product design from product definition to continuing engineering support. Duties of the ideal candidate will include critiquing product specifications, concept design, component selection, schematic capture, directing PCB layout, firmware development, product validation and debug, test development and continued product support.
- Linear and switch-mode power supply design
- Analog circuit design
- Control and filter circuits design
- Firmware development (Assembly or C language)
- Board level troubleshooting experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years’ experience
Highly desired skills:
- Microchip 8,16, & 32 bit familiarity
- Schematic capture and PCB layout
- Production test development
- VFD design experience
- Wireless remote control
CRI, founded in 1984, is a small, privately held company located 30 miles west of Boston on the 495 belt. We offer an entrepreneurial work environment and a competitive compensation package including benefits and bonus plans. www.controlresources.com
Electrical Engineer - Transportation - Infrastructure
We are a leading Engineering firm looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team!
As part of our Transportation group you will design and oversee all facets of electrical enigneering for our projects.
What you need:
- 5+ years as an Electrical Engineer
- experience Private, Public, and Municipal projects
- proficient in AutoCAD 2012 for Electrical
- proficient in Revit 2011 for Electrical
- Knowledge of NEC, NESC, IBC, ASHRAE, IEEE, NFPA, ANSI, IES
- experience working on multiple projects
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefit's package
- 401k plan w/matching
- Excellent opportunity to grow with an Industry Leader!
So if you are a Electrical Engineer with Building experience looking for a NewGig, apply today!
R&D Electrical Engineer
ARC Technologies Inc. is the leading manufacturer of RF and EMI absorbing materials for defense and wireless applications worldwide. We are a hands-on company, in a flexible environment, seeking an RF Engineer to join the Research and Development team. A successful candidate will have a strong background in RF theory and testing. This role requires the ability to work with the engineering team to characterize new materials. This position will also be responsible for developing computational code and predictive models to be used in the development process. The individual should be a self-starter capable of driving projects through completion with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations in the RF lab that will include materials testing, characterization and performance modeling.
- Develop custom test techniques as new materials/applications require.
- Participate in the development of next generation RF absorbers.
- Develop software tools to support materials testing and development
Education / Required Qualifications
- BS/MS in Physics, Mathematics, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Fundamental understanding of RF/Microwave concepts such as impedance, conductors, dielectrics, magnetics, inductance, capacitance
- Applicant must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense security clearance.
- Experience with RF/EMI/EMC test equipment including network analyzer, impedance analyzer test chambers, waveguides and free-space test methods.Experience with RF absorbers
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Working knowledge of LabView.
- Ability to write or update instrumentation control and data acquisition software.
- Experience working with EM software tools such as CST, HFSS, ADS
All candidates must be US Citizens with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance. A current or recent DOD security clearance is a plus.
ARC Technologies does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender/sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status/military service, marital status, arrest record, gender identity, or other status protected by federal or state law, with regard to any term or condition of employment.
If you are seeking a challenging and exciting career opportunity with a rapidly growing company, thrive on new challenges and would like to help build ARC’s future, please complete our on-line application and attach your resume with salary requirements.
While providing a complete range of standard absorber products, as well as plating and conductive materials, ARC Technologies also offers dielectric materials, composites, radomes, and radar absorbing materials. We have one of the largest testing capabilities in the United States, ensuring quality products on time.
Senior Electrical Engineer
BVH Integrated Services, P.C., (www.bvhis.com) is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with 10+ years of experience for our Newton (Boston), MA office.
Desired Skills and Experience
Experience in the design of architectural building projects is required. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and PE license preferred.
The ideal candidate shall possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of life safety and building codes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects from concept stage through construction in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Revit or other BIM project experience preferred.
Technical Knowledge in:
- Design of central utility plants including primary electric, generator integration and utility connections.
- Experience with SKM or other electrical system analysis software.
- Typical engineering responsibilities, including development of system concepts, energy and load analysis, equipment selection, system layout, and specification writing.
- Developing electrical scope of services including fees, budgets, schedules, and managing resource requirements.
- Design of hospital, research and science laboratories, and university environments.
From Sustainable Design, Commissioning, and Technology to MEP, Civil and Structural engineering services, we've integrated people and disciplines together. As thousands of successful buildings, structures, and complex campuses show, BVH brings it all together to create a better project.
BVH has fully adopted Building Information Modeling (BIM) into our practice, and we are presently working on some of the most interesting and challenging projects in the region. From campus infrastructure projects to award-winning laboratories and LEED-certified buildings, BVH produces hundreds of projects annually for clients in the academic, research, healthcare, and corporate sectors.
BVH offers a great working environment, a competitive salary package, and the potential for career advancement. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including 401k and company contributions to dental and health plans.
BVH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and has been recognized by Hartford Courant/Fox CT as a "Top Workplace" for the past three years.
Opportunity for a degreed engineer to join a prestigous consultant engineering firm. This individual will work on project teams in a colloborative environment producing engineering solutions for large scale and complex building projects.
They will be responsible for power distribution and lighting and protection systems, emergency and standby power supply in accordance to all applicable codes and standards as well as performing site surveys during construction and conducting engineering studies of existing buildings. Experience with software tools such as Revit and SKM is preferred. Should have strong analytical ability and good verbal and written communication skills. Projects are in commercial,
We (Our Client) is currently on a hunt for a Electrical Engineer to join their team in Woburn,MA.
This is an experienced position involved in non-routine and complex assignments.
Here are exiting responsibilities..
Provides schematic design information to Lead Project Engineer, such as mechanical and electrical room sizes and requirements.
Incorporates design concepts from schematic design into design development and work with project team to produce construction documents.Directs Entry Level/Design.
Engineers and reviews their work and mentoring of junior staff, including Entry Level/Design Engineers and interns.
Provides complex design work, major services, mechanical rooms, etc. Produces sketches and systems schematics for complicated design tasks, such as layout of mechanical or electrical rooms.
We would love to hear from you if :
You have 4+ years of experience in engineering.
You have 2+ years of design experience with MEP/Consulting firm.
EIT license required, PE license greatly preferred.
Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and must understand CAD/BIM operations.
PS: Excellent Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits + Relocation available.
Electrical Engineer (Power Plant)
Work Hours: 08:00-16:30 Description: · 2-5 years of experience · familiar with electrical system · helping the DG site developers fill out the screening applications · candidate must have the ability to read/ understand one lines · ability to talk to the technology side of electrical engineering · familiar with GIS · excel experience · worker will support some of the PMs · some travel to the other sites Primarily Responsible for the completion of Distributed Generation (DG) Pre-Applications on Standard and Expedited projects. Would cross-train on DG Application reviews and screenings to support current Customer Energy Integration staff. Available
Senior Electrical Engineer
Terrafugia is a fast-paced, energetic company that is developing the Transition® Street-Legal Airplane, which is often referred to as a “flying car.” We are currently looking for a world-class Senior Electrical Engineer to join our vehicle development team. Candidates should be self-starters who are willing to ask questions, like being part of a dynamic team, and bring a positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm as we push the boundaries of personal aviation.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
· Develop systems that meet automotive standards and regulations.
· Develop real-time position and speed control systems.
· Develop Graphical User Interfaces.
· Lead electrical engineers and technicians; plan, estimate, and sequence work in project planning software.
· Architect embedded systems composed of multiple electronic control units communicating through CAN and other serial protocols; build and test prototypes, and gather and analyze data.
· Design automotive compliant circuits, composed of analog, digital, and microcontroller components.
· Specify and procure PCB components, connectors, sensors, and actuators.
· Write requirements documents that address product and regulatory requirements.
· Write test plans, perform or coordinate tests, and document HALT and corner condition results.
· Develop manual and automated testers used to evaluate systems.
· Qualify external manufacturers of electronic control units and manage their on-time delivery.
· Launch electronic control units and wiring harnesses into serial production.
Required Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
· 7+ years of experience
· Design for Electro-Magnetic and Electro-Static Susceptibility, and Electro-Magnetic Emissions.
· Experience using laboratories to conduct EMC testing and evaluate results
· Schematic capture, circuit simulation, PCB layout CAD software
· Circuit design, including I/O protection, CAN, analog, microcontroller, mixed signal and watchdogs
· Experience integrating and debugging circuits, software, sensors, and GUIs
· Lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, data acquisition, EMC chambers, radiators, and sniffers
· Experience with component specification, supplier interaction, and procurement
· Automotive wiring Harness and connector component sourcing
· Electronic control unit design for manufacturing.
· Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
· Ingress Protection rating system
· DFMEA and/or Fault Tree Analysis
· Embedded software development.
· C programming (specifically ARM- and AVR-based platforms)
· Capacitive or resistive touch screens
· Aircraft development, operation, or maintenance
· Wiring harness design software (e.g., TurboTools, CablEquity, or Zuken E3)
· Manage release process, design review checklists, and change management
· A valid US driver’s license.
Terrafugia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Electrical Project Engineer (Mep)
A multi-discipline technical consulting firm providing innovative solutions for complex and large scale projects worldwide is looking to add a talented ELECTRICAL PROJECT ENGINEER to their Boston team.
This Senior Electrical Buildings Engineer must have superior design and analysis skills, to plan and design electrical systems for buildings and facilities, hospitals, laboratories, and other commercial and institutional projects.
This firm has offices nationally and internationally and is known for leadership, collaboration, and coordination.
This role offers what many other engineering firms do not:
- -top tier compensation
- -ability to dictate own career path based on personal performance
- -high end projects that will allow you to grow daily
With everything there are some basic requirements you must have to be considered for this role. They are:
- 10+ years of experience designing Design full electrical systems, including power, lighting, fire alarm for research, Healthcare or Higher Education facilities.
- Professional engineering registration preferred.
- Proficiency in computer operation for engineering design programs (i.e. Revit MEP, AutoCAD, Navisworks) preferred.
Principal E3 Electrical Engineer (Emi/Emc/Esd/Diagnostic Testing)
We're looking for a talented, motivated and highly experienced Senior or Principal Electrical Engineer to join our Electrical Engineering Department in performing EMI, EMC, ESD and Radio Pre-compliance testing and in diagnosing/mitigating any issues encountered. This ensures that all products will pass first-time when sent out for formal qualification testing. Pre-compliance testing is performed on robotic systems across all of iRobot product lines.
You must have extensive knowledge and experience in electrical circuit design with emphasis on parasitic behavior. In addition, you must be very familiar with common compliance test standards and test methods. If successful, you become part of a small group of highly experienced EE's working together to test, diagnose and provide solutions to product design teams in order to achieve EMI, EMC, ESD and Radio compliance. This position requires superior communication and inter-personal skills.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties
- Setup and measure EMI/EMC/ESD/Radio performance of EUT at:
- Component-level (such as a proposed DC regulator or radio circuit)
- PCBA-level (to evaluate any potential local issues prior to system integration)
- Product-level (from prototype to production versions)
- Working with the design team (as necessary), diagnose any issues encountered down to the root cause, providing technical analysis where required
- Define and test proposed solutions identifying most cost-effective
- Present proposed solutions/options to product design teams for incorporation into designs
- Provide input on EMI best-practices at product schematic and layout design reviews
- Strong knowledge and experience in a wide range of circuit design
- AC/DC, DC/DC, LDO regulators
- Digital circuits, microprocessors, high-speed busses
- Analog circuits
- Motor control circuits
- Strong understanding of circuit parasitics and how they affect circuit behavior
- Strong aptitude in understanding, evaluating and debugging E3 related issues
- Ability to modify test setups and methods to accommodate incomplete systems, or prototypes requiring external cabling not normally part of the system
- Interpret test results based on non-standard test conditions
- Identify root causes of any issues encountered
- Provide technical analysis as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong people-skills (we are a service, the design teams are our customers)
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- Experience with robotic systems
- Experience with circuit simulation tools (SPICE, Hyperlynx, etc.)
- Experience with magnetics simulation tools (Maxwell 3D)
- Intermediate Altium Designer skills
- MS Office product expertise
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and OneNote tools
- Familiarity with common industrial/commercial EMI/EMC test standards and test methods:
Standards for EMC Tests:
- FCC Part 15, Subpart B: Unintentional Radiators
- EN55014-1: Emissions, Household Appliances (Radiated, Conducted, Dist. Power)
- EN61000-3-2: Harmonic Emissions
- EN61000-3-3: Voltage Fluctuations/Flicker Emissions
- EN55014-2: Immunity, Household Appliances...
- IEC 61000-4-X: Series of Immunity Tests (ESD, Radiated, Conducted, V dips & drops)
- CISPR 11: Emissions (Radiated, Conducted)
- ICES-003: Emissions, Unintentional (Radiated, Conducted)
- EN 62233: Electromagnetic fields of Household Appliances for Human Exposure
Standards or Radio Products:
- FCC Part 15, Subpart C: Intentional Radiators
- FCC Part 15, Subpart E: Intentional Radiators (5GHz band)
- FCC Part 18, Subpart C: Wireless Power
- RSS 102: SAR, Human Exposure
- RSS 210: License Exempt Equipment
- RSS 216: WPT devices
- RSS 247: License Exempt Equipment, 5GHz, Category 1
- ETSI EN 300 328 v2.1.1: 4GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee
- ETSI EN 300 330 v2.2.1: WPT
- ETSI EN 300 440 v2.1.1: BLE
- ETSI EN 301 489-X: RED EMC Tests for Radio Equipment
- ETSI EN 301 893 v2.1.1: 5GHz Equipment
- ETSI 303 417 (DRAFT): WPT
- EN 62311: SAR, Human Exposure
- EN 62479: Human Exposure
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. Founded by MIT roboticists who had the vision of making practical robots a reality. To date, we have sold over 20 million robots and globally employ more than 600 of the robot industry's best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
iRobot is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, accessible by our corporate shuttle directly from Alewife Station. We also have offices in California, Europe, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer! Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram: @irobotcareers
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
iRobot is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, accessible by our corporate shuttle directly from Alewife Station. We also have offices in California, the United Kingdom, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer! Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram: @irobotcareers
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!