Electrician Automotive Job Description Sample
Low Volt Automotive Electrician
Low Volt Automotive Electrician needed in Reynoldsburg, Ohio
M-F 40 hours/benefits 17.00-19.00 DOE
This position requires a drug screening and a background check Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
Be able to effectively and efficiently diagnose and repair automotive electrical issues
Be able to test components and systems using diagnostic tools and equipment
Be able to adequately explain technical diagnosis and needed repairs to non-technical individuals which may include employees and customers
Be able to work on a wide range of vehicle makes and models
Be able to read and interpret vehicle wiring schematics
Keep management aware of repair issues as they arise
Assist fellow technicians in performing technical activities when needed
Keep bay area clean and organized
Troubleshooting electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels, and circuits
Inspecting systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
Directing or training workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures
Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem + Cat5/Cat6 + 12volt Experience
Requirements Specific requirements:
Eagerness to learn to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications
Experience working with hand tools, power tool and electronic test equipment
Working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
High standard of integrity and professionalism
Drug free at all times + Position is full time. At this time we are seeking candidates with the ability to work 1st shift Monday through Friday
All employees can obtain the OSHA 10 with us at no cost
Company Details In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
Short-term disability + 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs _Tradesmen International is an EO employer
Recruiter Name Natalie Cooper
|JOB TITLE:||Electrician||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
The Electrician, under the direction of a Supervisor; install, maintain and identify faults and repair electrical wiring and computer-based equipment in motor vehicles and related equipment including but not limited to, busses, coaches, trolleys, trams and railway cars.
- Work with computer-controlled engine management and other systems.
- Service, identify and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection, electronic ignition, anti-lock braking, cruise control, automatic transmission, air bags and air conditioning
- Install electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators and starter motors in vehicles
- Install electrically operated accessories such as radios, security cameras, heating or demisting equipment, air conditioners, driving lamps and anti-theft systems
- Use meters, test instruments and circuit diagrams to find electrical faults
- Adjust engine control systems and timing to make sure vehicles are running at peak performance
- Test, recondition and replace faulty alternators, generators, starter motors and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries
- Repair or replace faulty ignition, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches
- Use hand tools, specialized electrical tools and instruments and machines, including drills, grinders, presses and lathes
- Solder or weld when repairing electrical parts
- Install, repair and service air conditioning systems
- Additional cross-functional duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years as an Automotive Electrician or equivalent education from trade school
- Must have experience working with 12v to 24v systems
- Ability to crimp and solder
- Experience with basic hand held tools, digital voltmeter, oscilloscopes and other MT& E
- Ability to work under pressure under strict deadlines
- Communication both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physical and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
- 1376 N Watkins St., Memphis, TN 38108
Automotive Electrician The position within Automotive Electrician are responsible for performing a variety of tasks including routing harnesses and/or cables through truck frames and cabs along with installing lights and electrical parts. The employee must be able to read and understand blue prints and layouts and must be able to lay out electrical equipment needs.
They may perform testing on equipment and troubleshoot necessary parts. The employee must keep a clean and safe working environment. Essential Functions Communicate verbally with co-workers to keep a safe working environment Follow written and verbal instructions to complete tasks Utilize check lists to track progression of work Pull, push, route, and secure wires and cables throughout truck frames and cabs accurately Operate hand and power tools including but not limited to tie gun, cordless drill, air ratchet, etc.
Read and interpret blue prints and sales prints Lift light and/or heavy parts on and off a cart, floor, shelf, etc. Install, clean, and organize electrical parts Assist in inventory of parts Assist co-workers with lifting parts Understand the differences in wires, harnesses, cables, and tools Sweep and clean shop area Work required hours and have excellent attendance record Work overtime as needed Maintain a clean and safe working environment Read and interpret wiring diagrams Install hand run circuits to operate specific electrical options Perform electrical tests as needed Marginal Work Functions These functions may be considered essential based on location, position, and other factors. Operate a forklift to transport parts to and from designated areas Drill holes for routing cables* Use a computer to track down parts and view layout of wires and harnesses* Test equipment, parts, and wires when necessary* Work in confined spaces* Use a cart to push/pull equipment and parts to and from designated areas Basic Qualifications Technical degree/certificate in Automotive Technology, Diesel, Electro-Mechanical or related field or experience in automotive of truck electrical repair and diagnostics At least six (6) months of experience installing and testing electrical components and parts Basic hand tools and rolling tool box/cart preferred Key Abilities Needed to Complete Essential Functions *All positions require the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. Perform assigned tasks Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills Recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions Use and wear personal protective equipment as indicated by the task or environment Hear safety alarms and other co-workers Perform basic counting tasks Read tape measure, safety manuals, work orders, and blue prints effectively Follow instructions from supervisors and other co-workers Understand and identify safety issues Maintain balance when walking and standing on potential slippery work floor Maintain balance when climbing on a portable step to retrieve parts Climb into trucks with a step height up to 22 Individually lift and manipulate parts/equipment weighing up to 80 pounds Tolerate constant standing and walking throughout the shift Use both hands for tool operation, carrying of parts, and assisting co-workers with heavy lifting of parts Distinguish the difference in color of wires, harnesses, and cables Operate and access heavy equipment safely and effectively Remember task sequence and safety constraint
Automotive Electrician - Ac/Dc
Location: Wyoming, MN, USA
Rosenbauer America is looking for an Automotive Electrician - AC/DC
- Installing AC & DC electrical systems used in fire truck manufacturing.
- Mounting and installing 12v DC emergency, and DOT lighting as well as routing necessary wire to power lighting.
- Installing AC systems to power AC lighting, emergency tools, cords reels, area flood lighting, etc.
- Installing generators to provide the AC power. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-year degree or related technical education is preferred but not required
- 1+ years of experience working with AC & DC systems in vehicles, as well as ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Metal fabrication, welding, or truck mechanic experience is a plus
- Demonstrate understanding of manufacturing processes and principles, design intent, customer end use, and impact of critical dimensions on product performance.
- Knowledge of basic inspection tools, machining skills or related fields
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs
- Must be proficient in reading and writing English
Ability to perform lifting up to 70 pounds (uncommon), bending, stooping, sitting and standing throughout the day. Good peripheral vision, hand/eye coordination.
What We Offer
- Positive work environment
- Growth opportunities
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
in firefighting technology and resources. We are the world's largest manufacturer of fire equipment with eleven manufacturing locations worldwide. At Rosenbauer, we offer a compressed work-week (4 10 hour shifts), over-time opportunities, hands-on training, a stable work environment, and lots more! We also offer internal advancement opportunities, paid holidays, full benefits, uniforms and profit sharing!
Every 83 seconds, somewhere in the world, a Rosenbauer apparatus responds to an emergency call.
Automotive Electrician - Truck Body Upfitting
Scelzi Enterprises is looking to hire an Electrician (Automotive Mechanical) for our LaSalle, CO location. Automotive Electricians are responsible for installing electrical accessories or components for up-fitting truck bodies, such as beacon lights, strobe lights, relays, trailer plugs, cranes, dump trucks, break controllers, and compressors. They will assemble and wire electrical parts following schematic drawing by using hand, machine and/or power tools. They will inspect electrical or electronic systems for defect and do electronic diagnostics.
1. Install various types of vehicle lighting i.e. beacon lights, strobe lights, etc.
2. Install various switches and relays
3. Install trailer plugs, cranes / auxiliary batteries, dump trucks, compressors
4. Install Brake Controllers (standard, electrical, or air brake systems)
5. Pneumatic Systems and Electrical
6. Use overhead cranes to lift parts, units, motors, generators, or subassemblies.
7. Read technical information needed and work orders to perform installations.
8. Inspect electrical or electronic systems for defects.
9. Test electrical circuits or components for proper functioning.
10. Cut materials according to specifications or needs
11. Disassemble and reassemble equipment dashes for installation
12. Seal gaps or cracks to prevent leakage or moisture intrusion.
13. Clean equipment, parts, or tools to repair or maintain them in good working order.
14. Follow safety guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of selecting correct wires and tools.
- Knowledge of OEM wiring (color codes & functions).
- Knowledge of electrical schematic diagrams.
- Experience in Underbody Compressor/Generator Hydraulic Compressors.
- Working knowledge of 12 volt & 24 volt systems.
- Knowledge of electrical schematic diagrams.
- Must have knowledge of PTO wiring and diagnostics.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of using mathematics to solve problems.
- Understanding diagrams and work related documents.
- Time management.
This job operates in a shop production environment. Requires contact with others. Requires face to face discussion with individuals or teams. Includes exposure to contaminants. Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions. Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures. Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Requires exposure to hazardous equipment. Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment.
Essential Physical Tasks:
Must be able to lift 50lbs periodically. Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls. Requires standing. Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust. Requires being exact or highly accurate. Requires meeting strict deadlines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days are Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
1. 3 plus years’ automotive electrical wiring, electrical Diagnostic (computer) experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. 3 years automotive electrical diagnostics / repair / installation.
2. Agriculture Equipment experience would be a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must pass basic Math Test.
Must pass pre-placement DT and Physical.
If you feel that you are the right candidate for this position, please apply today!
Electrician - Maintenance Technician - Automotive Manufacturing
Automotive Manufacturing Electrician
Electrician Experience, Pneumatics, Maintenance Technician, Automotive Manufacturing, Electrical, Manufacturing, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, PLC Electrician Maintenance Technician needed for well established fast growing Automotive Manufacturing company in Warren!!
Top Reasons to Work with Us Great pay, excellent benefits and career growth!!
What You Will Be Doing Primary Job Responsibilities Support Manufacturing Engineer Build, design, assemble, and debug new equipment Timely completion of documents relating to any Engineering ChangePFMEAs, Process Flows, Control Plans, First Piece Sheet, Plant Layouts, Operator Instructions, Previous Station Checks, GP-12 Reports. Expectations Maintaining the mechanical and electrical components on an automotive component assembly line, build, machine, and debug new equipment for future business. Performing preventative maintenance. Troubleshooting automated electrical systems. Safety conscious Team Oriented Self Motivated Ability to cover other shifts and weekends as needed Ability to work overtime
What You Need for this Position Qualifications and Experience Ability To Read And Interpret Blueprints And Electrical Schematics Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude Control system experience is a plus Electrical systems installation to 480 VAC Mechanical repair experience Five Years Experience In Assembly, Manufacturing And Equipment Maintenance Proficient In Programming PLCs, Pneumatics, Dedicated Micro Processor Based Systems Pneumatic systems maintenance Control systems troubleshooting (PLC) Operation of Tool Room Equipment (I.E. Lathes, Grinders, Welding & Fabricating, Bridgeport Drill Press Etc.) Problem Solving Skills What's In It for You Great pay, excellent benefits and career growth!! So, if you are a Maintenance Technician, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Automotive Manufacturing* MI-WarrenCMM-1434154
Formel D is the global service provider of the automotive industry. We develop market-leading concepts as well as individual, scalable solutions along the entire automotive value chain – from the development to the production and up to the aftersales service.
The company Formel D was founded in 1993 at its headquarters in Troisdorf near Cologne. Today we employ over 6000 people from 45 nations in more than 80 locations in 19 countries. Passion drives us, professionalism makes us stand out and team spirit makes us successful. We work at the core of the industry that moves us every day.
For our subsidiaries in the Northern Twin Cities area, we are looking for a
The Automotive Electricianis responsible for inspection, repair and diagnostic services. You will work on computer systems diagnosis, electrical troubleshooting, and mechanical/electrical component replacement. You must have the ability to explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include other associates and customers.
- Perform work specified repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or OEM standards.
- Diagnose and repair automotive electrical defects and establish a reduction of defects associated with electrical components.
- Explain electrical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to management and customers.
- Continuously learn new electrical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Support additional root cause analysis and defect prevention as needed
- Work will be performed in a manufacturing facility and can include working on the assembly line.
- Associate degree in Automotive, or equivalent
- 3+ year(s) of experience as an automotive mechanic / electrician
- Proficient in MS-Excel; knowledge of coding in visual basic and writing macros.
- Experience as an engineer with strong problem solving experience.
- Level 2 Certificate in order to disconnect High Voltage Systems and to execute work on a non-live state
- Current driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise.
- Some duties performed outside in all weather conditions.
- This is a physically demanding position.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, move product, equipment and supplies up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Must be able to work at heights up to 20-25 feet.
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours.
We are offering the integration into a highly motivated team and activities, which are sophisticated as well as diversified, while ensuring individual development opportunities.
If you feel you have the skills we are looking for and wish to apply for the position, please send us all relevant documentation via this job posting.
Your contact partner:
Formel D USA, Inc. | 3527 Pelham Rd, Suite B | Greenville, SC 29615 | USA | www.formeld.com
FORMEL D – GLOBAL PARTNER FOR VEHICLE,
PARTS AND SERVICE READINESS
No calls from recruiters, staffing agencies, and/or headhunters, please
The company was founded in 1993 at its headquarters in Troisdorf near Cologne. Today we employ over 6000 people from 45 nations in more than 80 locations in 19 countries. Passion drives us, professionalism makes us stand out and team spirit makes us successful. We work at the core of the industry that moves us every day.
Machine Tool Electrician - Automotive
Industrial Automation Machine Electrician . Responsibilities include integration, wiring and testing of individual projects to produce high quality customer solutions.Job Duties include, but are not limited to the following: Assembly and installation of control panels Keeping updated on the field’s concepts, practices and procedures Electrical assembly and wiring of industrial automation machinery Test & debug of wiring circuits on workshop floor Checking quality of supplier’s work/components Working closely with Electrical Leader and other skilled trades team Adhering to specifications from Controls Engineering Department Ensuring safe work practices are always being utilized and considered with the workshop Uses hand tools and power tools to assemble units according to product specifications
5 years Electrical assembly and wiring experience in automation or similar industry Must have basic computer skills Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics/diagrams Troubleshoot and solve issues Supply adequate tools required to perform job task
Education & Personality
Vocational School preferred Senior High School diploma or higher Self-starter & structured Good working relationship and effective communication skills with vendors, team members, suppliers and project teams Customer oriented attitude Strong work ethic and positive attitude Strong ability for problem solving Can work under pressure & challenging time plans
Job Type: Full-timeRequired education: High school or equivalent
Electrician / Electrician Foreman
ELECTRICIAN / ELECTRICAL FOREMAN for electrical contractor located just South of Boston. Projects are commercial/industrial, small to medium in size (work crews of 2 to 8 people), and located within a 50 mile radius of office location in Norwell. Candidate must be capable of managing daily labor flow, job materials, and change orders. COMPENSATION package starting ABOVE $35.00/hr. Full benefits package available. Please send resume via EMAIL or fax to 781-878-4878.
Electrician - Residential Electrician
Pacific Coast Electricians , 5 star rated company has immediate opening for a highly motivated service technician. Stop looking for a job and find the corporation that creates top paid careers . You'll work with a great team of guys who take pride in delivering the most efficient, highest quality customer experiences in residential electrical repair and installation. We are 99% residential service/existing homes with a little commercial. This position is ideal for someone immediately seeking long-term employment. If you are a self-motivated individual with 3-5 years experience and great work ethic and the personality to help with customer satisfaction, and you want to work with fun people then we would love to get to know you!
Want one good reason to work with Pacific Coast Electricians?
We'll give you 9!
- We're 5 star rated
- We instituted on going training
- We offer 100% satisfaction to our clients ..and we prove it every day
- We pay our tech industry top pay
- we have breakfast every morning
- company van
- paid holidays
- great company parties
- ...and we're nice people too!
Pacific Coast Electricians is a 5 star rated company . While addressing common residential electrical problems is certainly our forte, at Pacific Coast Electricians, we do much more than simply repair and replace electrical panels, breakers, receptacles, and house wiring and rectify other common electrical issues. We also have the expertise to help residents in San Jose, CA, and throughout California’s South Bay and Silicon Valley areas improve their homes with the latest and greatest technological advancements. From home automation systems to customized internal or external lighting to backup power generators, our team is fully capable of installing a wide range of electronic equipment and electricity-dependent devices that can enhance a residence. Plus, we can even provide electrical wiring for the surround-sound systems in home theaters, as well as the charging units for a variety of electric vehicles (EV).
In all that we do at Pacific Coast Electricians, we strive for excellence. Our ultimate goal is to leave our clients entirely satisfied with the electrician services we perform, and we go to great lengths to ensure we achieve that contentment. For starters, we’ll arrive at your home and be ready to begin working within two hours of scheduling service. Additionally, we require each of our electrical contractors to receive upwards of 200 hours of training each year to stay on the cutting edge of the latest technologies and industry-specific best practices. And, on every project we complete, we provide a lifetime workmanship warranty and a limited lifetime parts warranty, allowing you to have peace of mind knowing that we’re standing firmly behind the work we’ve performed.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!