Electrician Automotive Job Description Sample
|JOB TITLE:||Electrician||DATE REVISED:||6/27/2016|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No. :|
|Production Supervisor|| Department:||Production|
The Electrician, under the direction of a Supervisor; install, maintain and identify faults and repair electrical wiring and computer-based equipment in motor vehicles and related equipment including but not limited to, busses, coaches, trolleys, trams and railway cars.
- Work with computer-controlled engine management and other systems.
- Service, identify and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection, electronic ignition, anti-lock braking, cruise control, automatic transmission, air bags and air conditioning
- Install electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators and starter motors in vehicles
- Install electrically operated accessories such as radios, security cameras, heating or demisting equipment, air conditioners, driving lamps and anti-theft systems
- Use meters, test instruments and circuit diagrams to find electrical faults
- Adjust engine control systems and timing to make sure vehicles are running at peak performance
- Test, recondition and replace faulty alternators, generators, starter motors and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries
- Repair or replace faulty ignition, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches
- Use hand tools, specialized electrical tools and instruments and machines, including drills, grinders, presses and lathes
- Solder or weld when repairing electrical parts
- Install, repair and service air conditioning systems
- Additional cross-functional duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years as an Automotive Electrician or equivalent education from trade school
- Must have experience working with 12v to 24v systems
- Ability to crimp and solder
- Experience with basic hand held tools, digital voltmeter, oscilloscopes and other MT& E
- Ability to work under pressure under strict deadlines
- Communication both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physical and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation Execute tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively. Posse's very good trouble shooting skills and work independently to solve problems yet function well in a team environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Be able to access all areas of machines, support equipment and the facility to perform all repairs.
Perform electrical and electro-mechanical preventive and corrective maintenance
Troubleshoot, repair and install electrical and electronic equipment and instrumentation
Read interpret and update Allen Bradley PLC ladder programs, connect Laptop Computer to PLC via network protocols (serial, DH485, DH+, E-net, C-net, D-net, RS-485, RS-232, etc.).
Read, interpret and update electrical blueprints, schematics and flow diagrams.
Perform associated mechanical repair and installations as required and assist mechanics with fault isolation and repair.
Perform troubleshooting and minor repair of HVAC equipment, chiller systems and other auxiliary manufacturing equipment.
Installation of distribution systems, conduit bending threading and reaming, wiring, installation and repair of electrical automation components of all types.
Ability to plan work procedures to make necessary repairs based on charts, technical manuals and experience.
Programmable logic/automation controllers, human-machine interfaces, hardware, and associated programming languages (Ladder Logic, FBD, SFC, Structured Text). Platforms include; Rockwell Automation, Siemens, GE, Horner, Opto22
Must be a multi skilled maintenance personnel with experience in PLC, robotics, and servo drives to be considered.
Strong knowledge of AC induction motors, controls, sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical systems, start-up, and troubleshooting.
Inspects and evaluates equipment and equipment performance.
Will use logical step-by-step procedures in work; planning, solving problems and decision-making using simple root cause analysis.
Verifies equipment, or areas, are safe for normal use, hazardous work, servicing, or maintenance.
Documents and records maintenance information in SAP.
HS Diploma or equivalent.
Technical or Trade school certification
5+ years of experience within the field of general maintenance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic computer skills.
Able to work all shifts and overtime as needed
Able to lift repetitively up to 30 lbs.
Able to stand for extended periods of time, bend, twist, turn and grasp.
Electrician Maint A
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We're growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Electrician Maint A
Job Description Summary
Install and maintain the electrical systems of the plant. Perform all tasks with safety and quality in mind and in accordance with established procedures and process instructions. Take necessary action to minimize delay time and maximize production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Exhibit superior safety practices every day evidenced by outstanding housekeeping at all times.
Extend treatment to all other employees of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown to customers.
Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention to detail.
Exercise maximum care to protect the environment by fostering and supporting responsible operating procedures.
Install and maintain electrical systems of the plant to provide power for machinery, lighting, facilities, and such other equipment as may be required for the plant operation
Perform all work in accordance with local codes and safety specifications
Perform all work from manufacturing drawings and engineering specifications
Train electricians in lesser classifications
Diagnose, isolate, and effect repairs or replacement of problems in the plant electrical system
Make emergency repairs to prevent excessive production delays
Maintain plant high voltage substations in a clean and well maintained condition
Observe extreme caution and good safety practices in servicing all plant electrical systems
Perform mechanical troubleshooting and repair assignments as required
Capable of working from elevated platform and lift 50 pounds of weight
Take necessary action to minimize delay time and maximize productivity
Perform tasks with quality and productivity in mind and follow all established procedures and process instructions. Follow all safety procedures and regulations
Perform all work with minimal supervision
Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner
Secure proper tools for each task
Communicate suggestions and recommend solutions to problems to provide for an efficient operation
Approach work assignments in a positive manner and function as a team member
Perform other assignments as may be requested
Required Skills and Education
High School Graduate or equivalent
Technical School training or accredited apprenticeship or equivalent
Working knowledge of AC and DC circuits and systems
Motor generator principles and control theory and design
Electrical codes, as related to installations, basic hydraulics and pneumatics
Electrical control devices, high voltage maintenance and troubleshooting
Use of all electrical test equipment
Motor, drive and coupling alignment
Panel building and machine rewiring, read electrical schematics, modification of electrical systems
Knowledge of good electrical safety habits and PC operation
5 years and over experience
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We've earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology.
STRATTEC creates exciting opportunities to people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners.
Let us know who you are! We want to know what motivates you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing team.
The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude; have a multidiscipline background, and a passion for innovation. We are looking for leadership skills to develop a new group internally.
If you are one who like to build a team, has strong skillsets and likes to see your own ideas come to life, apply quickly!
The Industrial Electrician is a union position responsible for planning and performing installations of die cast, punch press and plating equipment, PLC troubleshooting and programming and troubleshooting to the electronic component level. Also responsible for the diagnosis of malfunctions and repair of complex electronic equipment control systems and other types of computer and microprocessor based requipment. Perform assigned duties with little or no supervision or instructions
Requirements for the position include previous experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably a die cast plant. Must have experience with PLC troubleshooting and programming as well as basic circuit troubleshooting.
Must be able to interpret schematics/prints. Must be able to read ladder logic for troubleshooting and be familiar with SLC500 and RS logics. Must have a positive work history, be able to work unsupervised and be a team player.
Must have a Journeyman's card and formal electrical/electronic coursework beyond high school. An electrical apprenticeship preferred
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Becoming a Team Member at Formet means joining a company offering competitive wages and benefits, employee recognition programs, as well as industry training, internal transfer and promotion opportunities. Team Members take pride producing high-quality automotive parts that help our customers make safe, efficient vehicles.
Formet is one of the largest manufacturing employers in Southwestern Ontario producing body and chassis components for assembly plants across North America. Our 1.1 million square foot facility features industry-leading hydroforming, roll-forming, hot-stamping, robotic assembly and post-assembly coating processes. At Formet, we take care of each other and live by the motto "One Team. One Formet."
To increase uptime, throughput, efficiency and quality, through the process of maintaining, designing, developing and continuously improving our equipment and the utilization of technology to ensure the best quality parts are produced.
Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations, Formet's Visions/Values through Magna's Employee Charter.
Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
Evaluate and improve our processes for uptime and repeatability.
Evaluate downtime situations for root cause and identify potential risks to similar process.
Complete preventative maintenance on equipment and keep maintenance records to identify weakness in design.
Assist in developing and/or updating preventive maintenance procedures.
Monitor and participate in ensuring all Key Performance Indicators (Safety, Quality and Productivity) are being achieved.
Communicate information throughout shift and at shift exchange.
Co-ordinate activities of apprentices, helpers and assigned contractors.
Support cross-functional repairs to equipment that includes Electrical, Mechanical, and Tooling provided it could be done safely.
Troubleshoot safety devices.
Troubleshoot equipment using software with encoder feedback.
Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices.
Program and troubleshoot Fanuc Robots and Lincoln Power Sources, and understand the grounding circuit of a Robotic weld cell.
Understand various communication networks.
Participate in new electrical and mechanical designs and ensure equipment build standards meet Formet's Build Specifications.
Electricians need to understand new electrical standards involving Pre Health and Safety reviews, safe distance calculations, Safety Plc's, and new robot standards.
Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
Operate lifting devices (overhead bridge cranes, fork/combi-lifts, and man-lifts such as scissor lifts and genie-booms) as required.
Perform other duties as designated.
Knowledge and Education
Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
Electrical Certificate of Qualification (309A or 442A).
Minimum two years' experience as an Industrial Electrician.
Wage: $36.61 CAD per hour
Shift: Rotating every 2 weeks between days, afternoons and nights
Overtime after 40 hours per week.
Shift premiums of $0.75/hour (afternoons) and $1.25/hour (nights)
2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Personal Paid Holidays (PPH) + 2 half days.
Medical and Dental Coverage.
Plant wide Incentive Program – based on a number of factors, all members of our team receive an Incentive Bonus, if requirements are met.
Magna Profit Sharing.
Company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage.
Educational Assistance program.
Work boot, safety glasses and custom molded earplug allowances.
Weekly pay via direct deposit.
Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use).
Barbecues and Children's Christmas Party.
Roger's cell phone plan available to Formet Team Members - $40.00 / month
Employee discounts (new vehicle, amusement parks etc.)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Electrician Controls Engineer
KOST USA is looking for an Electrician/Controls Engineer to join our growing team!
The Electrician/Controls Engineer is tasked with a wide variety of work. This will include mechanical work, electrical work, and programming. This position may be required to assist production by providing support and assistance as needed.
KOST USA is the largest family owned manufacturer, supplier and marketer of antifreeze and functional fluids in the United States. Founded in 1985, we are headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. We build both our customers and our own brands through high performance products and superior service, primarily in the automotive and heavy duty aftermarket, as well as in the Oil & Gas sector.
At KOST USA - It's more than business...it's personal.
Why you'll love working for KOST USA
Growing company with room for career growth and development.
Competitive benefits, PTO and 401k with a company match.
Family owned and operated.
Ability to be a part of a collaborative team that focuses on continuous improvement, business growth, and creating a fun and positive work environment.
Named a 2019 Top Workplace by the Cincinnati Enquirer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Making mechanical repairs to equipment.
Troubleshooting and repairing electrical problems.
Building control circuits.
PLC programming in various brands of PLCs.
Maintaining various robotics and automation including programming.
Working with the production team to maximize quality throughput from the lines.
Working with vendors as needed.
Welding and fabricating equipment as needed.
Other duties as assigned
High school diploma and five years of experience in a similar role.
Experience in PLC programming
Experience in electrical troubleshooting
Experience using hand tools, forklift, welding, and grinding.
Experience with robotics in a maintenance/engineering capacity is preferred.
Equal opportunity employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Field Service Electrician
We are looking for a motivated Field Service Electrician for Maintenance and Service of Automated Vehicle Gate Systems and associated devises. These systems include hydraulic drive systems, electro-mechanical drive systems, variable frequency drives, low voltage controls and some PLC controls. Perimeter Security Partners services commercial, industrial and military clients primarily in the Southeastern US. Technician will need to work with little direction and ensure a high quality of customer service. Perimeter Security Partners has a robust maintenance and service team with seasoned lead technicians available for troubleshooting and support. Our goal is to minimize client systems downtime and maximize customer commitment by producing quality results in a timely manner. This position will report directly to the Program Manager.
Field Service Electrician must be able to work independently with little supervision. Field Service Electricians must be able to manage service calls that may require more time than anticipated without rushing through a job. They must also possess superb customer service skills. Field Service Electrician must diagnose systems and problem solve when given only non-technical descriptions provided by the customers.
PSP offers competitive salary and a premier benefits program. Group medical (8 plan choices), dental, and vision plans are in place with a company contribution to the premiums. 401(k) plan with company matching. Company paid life insurance. Paid time off and 9 paid holidays. Predators season tickets for employee use. Working at PSP provides the opportunity to work within a team-based environment for a dynamic, growing company where every employee is critical to our success.
Licensed Journeyman Electrician
MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgen.com/) is the nation’s largest independent service provider for the clean energy industry.
MaxGen has two major lines of business. The first is the planning, design and construction of electric vehicle (EV) charging and battery energy storage infrastructure. MaxGen is a specialist in the market and serves many of major companies leading the electrification of passenger and fleet vehicles. The second line of business is comprehensive operations and maintenance services for solar, battery energy storage, and EV infrastructure owners and operators around the United States.
The company has a central operations center and a team of nation-wide highly-trained technicians to provide in-the-field O&M services for commercial, industrial, and utility customers and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
We are looking for California State Licensed Electricians interested in the field of renewable energy, specifically photovoltaic systems, electric vehicle charging stations and energy storage systems. Applicant should be able to deliver high quality, consistent and competent work and supervision in electrical construction in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures. Including, but not limited to full system installation, commissioning, maintenance, system performance evaluation and troubleshooting. Additionally, a strong understanding of the fundamentals of electricity and sound troubleshooting skills are required.
- To support the overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
- To ensure all that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel or environment.
- To be adaptive to performing and crafting other trade work to facilitate electrical work installation.
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
- Review project plans, specifications & installation instructions to ensure that the project is built according to the approved design and specifications
- In field work including leading crew members to complete projects within established policies and procedures
- Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job-site, lead daily safety meetings, properly fill out JHA & LOTO documentation.
- Ensure that workers and operators are always working in a safe manner
- Responsible for quality assurance for all work performed by the crew
- Must be able to react and remedy production related issues as they arise in the field
- Communicate with internal and external customers as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Commission PV systems, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations.
- Troubleshoot PV system performance issues and locate & isolate ground faults.
- Generate service specific reports using Microsoft word and excel to present to the customer as a professional document.
- Perform OEM testing, troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades/ revisions to a broad range of equipment in the renewable industry.
- Certified Electrician in the State of CA
- Strong knowledge of California Electric Code and National Electric Code
- Ability to read plan sets and perform take off for ordering materials
- Experience using wire/cable tugger, hydraulic bender, conduit threading machine and exothermic welding devices
- Ability to lead a team of electricians/apprentices
- Experience working with power utilities
- Experience with installation of main service boards, transformers and load centers
- Commercial electrical experience
- Experience with leading authority having jurisdictions through inspections
- OSHA 10 a minimum
- NFPA CESC preferred
- Proper knowledge of working in and around areas with “live” circuits
Licenses – Current clean driver’s licenses
Electrical – California State Certified Electrician (Journeyman level)
Transportation -- Own reliable transportation
Education – High school Graduate, holder of G.E.D., or equivalent training.
Flexibility -- Work locations and shifts.
Character Traits -- Reliable, Punctual, Productive, Mechanically Inclined
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with team members
· Demonstrable commitment to safety
· Flexibility, able to adapt and comply with Company/Client requirements.
· Ability to work with, interact with other disciplines
· Confident, ability to work on own initiative and resourcefulness to complete all assigned tasks
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Has a desire to learn and develop within the role
1) Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain & snow.
2) Job requires employee to have required personal tools with them at all times.
3) Perform work at various heights up to 50’, working from ladders, bucket trucks, scaffolding, catwalks, aerial lifts or other safe working platforms.
4) Work in restricted areas like trenches or switchgear rooms and infrequently like manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attic spaces, etc...
5) Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat and safety glasses at all times. Each job site may be different, and must be accessed individually.
6) Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands and fingers
7) Able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, overtime and night shifts as required.
1) Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead.
2) Lift 51 pounds.
3) Constantly moving on your feet, all day long.
4) Climb ladders of all types.
5) Complete overhead work for full day’s assignments.
6) Possess good vision (natural or corrected)
7) Responsible for securing tools and materials from vendors and storage areas to complete their assigned tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, as listed above.
Upon acceptance of offer, candidates must be able to successfully complete background check and Drug Screening, and have the ability to maintain continuous coverage on company auto insurance plans.
MaxGen is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Maintenance Electrician (M.E.)
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world's largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Maintenance Electrician position is located in Des Moines, Iowa. Maintenance Electricians will provide emergency and routine maintenance support to the operations departments in a machine intensive, heavy industrial environment. Perform analytical troubleshooting, electrical installations, provide customers with estimates of repair time, perform repairs on manufacturing machinery and auxiliary systems and provide overall support for all aspects of manufacturing operations. Candidates must be able to work on a 12 hour shift either days or nights.
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a technical skill assessment written examination, undergo a one-on-one technical interview, and Human Resources Interview. Starting pay of $31.98 / hour.
The work weeks runs Sunday through Saturday. Applicants must be able to work either day shift or night shift. Day shift is from 6 A.M. to 6 P.M. Night shift is from 6 P.M. to 6 A.M. Firestone is a continuous operations plant. Teammates must be able to work a shift schedule with 48 hours one week and 36 hours the next week.
Basic Knowledge of Mechanical and Fluid Systems
Electrical theory and application
Knowledge of electrical distribution systems
Knowledge of Motor/Generator Theory and Application and controls
Familiarity with Electronic Drives and PLCs
Ability to read one line distribution drawings and electrical schematics
Electrical measuring instruments (multi-meters, oscilloscopes, meggers, et al)
OSHA safety rules for manufacturing plants, including electrical safety and LOTO
Operation and use of hand tools
Operation and use of power tools
Functional knowledge of computers and Microsoft office
Ability to clearly communicate via electronic media and interpersonally
High School Diploma or GED equivalent, in addition to:
6 years of electrical maintenance related military training and experience
Completed an apprenticeship program, obtained a journeyman certification, and 2 years industrial maintenance experience as an electrical technician
Associates degree or certificate in Electro-Mechanical Industrial Maintenance or similar program and 3 years of industrial maintenance experience in a multi-craft environment
10 years experience as an electrical technician in a multi-craft, industrial environment
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
Foreman/Lead Journeyman Electrician
Electrician - Foreman / Lead Journeyman
Calray Electric, Inc. has an opening for a Lead Journeyman (Foreman) for multiple projects at Naval Weapons Station China Lake. Calray Electric, Inc. works throughout the State of California region.
This position will be paid at a prevailing wage rate, determined by the Federal Government, when working on site. Benefits include a Pension Plan, Medical and Dental insurance.
The Lead Journeyman will be responsible for the overall on time completion of assigned projects. Responsibilities include reading blue prints, ordering materials, communicating with management personnel requirements and scheduling issues, and the demolition, installation and troubleshooting of electrical items not limited to: bending pipe and conduit, running wire, installing devices and lighting.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs work required for the construction and installation of electrical systems for commercial and industrial work projects
- Performs work of a skilled variety demanding a high degree of manual and technical competency
- Repairs malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring
- Tests electrical equipment, such as, motors, heaters and controls for safety and efficiency using standard test equipment and by observing functions
- Installs fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment
- Inspects circuits for specified shielding and grounding
- Install feeders
- Wire and conduit sizing
- Switchgear and device installation and termination
- Underground layout and rough-in
- Motors and controls troubleshooting
- Work responsibly using personal and company supplied tools and equipment
- Performs all job duties following all established safety standards
- Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test equipment
- Maintains a “can do” attitude that is broadcast to those they influence
- Active State of California Journeyman license.
- OSHA 30 Safety Certification.
- Ability to sustain considerable physical effort at frequent intervals
- Stand, stoop, kneel, bend, and lift/carry up to 50lbs 100 feet
- Ability to climb ladders
- Work in extremes of temperature cold/heat
- Work around dirt, dust and other construction environs
- Use basic hand and power tools as required
- Able to supply their own personal tools per established tool list
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and Management in English
- Able to read instructions and follow safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check for access to DoD facilities.
- Must be able to travel.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!