Electrician Chief Job Description Sample
Electrician Apprentice (I, II, Iii) - Industrial Automation
The position of "Electrician Apprentice - Industrial Automation" within All Systems Electrical means that you have a quality mindset who likes to travel and provide electrical services to the industrial automation industry. You will be part of a team that will work on various stages of a project within a distribution facility and your experience will determine the types of tasks you will perform. This can include the wiring of industrial components, bending and threading conduit runs, installing electrical hardware, reading drawings and creating pull logs.
If you like to travel, read on as this position will require travel (in and out of State) and extended stays at various job locations. The position requires the candidate to fully comply with all the safety and electrical regulations as required by local and federal jurisdictions, and to always abide by the company’s safe practice policies and procedures.
All Systems Electrical is a leader in turnkey integration of electrical control systems and a solutions provider to the industrial automation industry. Having been awarded complex and mission critical projects with some of the largest and iconic brands in the world, ASE is committed to excellence and dedicated to building lasting relationships by providing quality products and dependable service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install electrical components as required by supervisors.
- Perform the measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling and installation of conduit.
- Use electrical testing instruments such as, but not limited to, volt meters and programming terminals to test panel components.
- Operate Fork Lift’s, Scissor lifts, and other Powered Industrial equipment as required (if certified).
- Fulltime 40HR+ work week position.
- Ability to travel for weeks at a time (Travel 90% - 100%).
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE.
- Ability to use Power tools such as but not limited to a grinder, sawzall, band saw, drill, impact, skill saw, hammer drill, etc.
- Ability to use a “Smart Phone” or “Tablet” to send and receive emails.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Has completed or is currently enrolled in an accredited electrical apprenticeship program or;
- Can demonstrate a level of skill expected of an Apprentice Electrician (Beginner to Advanced)
- Posses a valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record and the ability to drive company vehicles.
- Active Forklift certification/card (or attainable with recertification).
- Pass background, drug screen and E-verify checks.
- Experience working with conveyor systems or similar industrial machinery.
- Understand basic electrical calculations.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Have a high regard and ownership for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of other construction trades a plus.
- Self-starter, eager to learn and take on new tasks.
- Experience with Motor Controls, Control Wiring and PLC for industrial machinery a plus!
- “Arc” or “Mig” electric or gas welding experience a plus!
- Competitive wages
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical and Dental health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Travel Expenses
|JOB TITLE:||Electrician||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
|REPORTS TO:||Production Supervisor||Department:||Production|
The Electrician, under the direction of a Supervisor; install, maintain and identify faults and repair electrical wiring and computer-based equipment in motor vehicles and related equipment including but not limited to, busses, coaches, trolleys, trams and railway cars.
- Work with computer-controlled engine management and other systems.
- Service, identify and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection, electronic ignition, anti-lock braking, cruise control, automatic transmission, air bags and air conditioning
- Install electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators and starter motors in vehicles
- Install electrically operated accessories such as radios, security cameras, heating or demisting equipment, air conditioners, driving lamps and anti-theft systems
- Use meters, test instruments and circuit diagrams to find electrical faults
- Adjust engine control systems and timing to make sure vehicles are running at peak performance
- Test, recondition and replace faulty alternators, generators, starter motors and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries
- Repair or replace faulty ignition, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches
- Use hand tools, specialized electrical tools and instruments and machines, including drills, grinders, presses and lathes
- Solder or weld when repairing electrical parts
- Install, repair and service air conditioning systems
- Additional cross-functional duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years as an Automotive Electrician or equivalent education from trade school
- Must have experience working with 12v to 24v systems
- Ability to crimp and solder
- Experience with basic hand held tools, digital voltmeter, oscilloscopes and other MT& E
- Ability to work under pressure under strict deadlines
- Communication both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
Must be able to:
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physical and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
Electrician Journeyman - 277
Location: Kentwood, Michigan
Working under minimal supervision installs, services and repairs a variety of complicated electrical equipment and circuits, performing troubleshooting and technical expertise on control systems.
Additionally, employees are expected to abide by all internal control & compliance practices to:
- Safeguard assets from theft and misuse.
- Ensure segregation of duties to minimize fraud.
- Comply with business ethics, applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Periodically reconcile physical assets to accounting records.
- Must be able to analyze and troubleshoot electrical malfunctions in equipment and related components, diagnosing and correcting the problems quickly to avoid production delays.
- Must be able to install electrical conduit and controls, performing all work from prints or general direction according to National Electrical Code and handle all other assignments associated with the electrical trade (mounting of electrical boxes, brackets, controls, switches, and safety hardware, etc.).
- Must be able to do electrical controls design work (revise or improve) with guidance from a Controls Engineer.
- Requires the ability to work in elevated position (from lifts, etc.)
- Must have a strong mechanical / electrical aptitude and working knowledge of electrical machine components, electronic circuits and pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics and understand electrical principals and codes.
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical meters and instruments such as brush recorders, multi-function meters, programmable controls and associated equipment. Good computer skills are very important.
- Requires skill in the use of electrical hand tools.
- Must be able to perform the electrical Preventative Maintenance (PVM) on all plant equipment.
- Must know and follow established safety procedures including a working knowledge of OSHA & MIOSHA.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have satisfactorily completed a (4) year apprenticeship approved by the U.S. Department of Labor and obtained an Electrician’s license.
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.
Licensed Journeyman Electrician
MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgen.com/) is the nation’s largest independent service provider for the clean energy industry.
MaxGen has two major lines of business. The first is the planning, design and construction of electric vehicle (EV) charging and battery energy storage infrastructure. MaxGen is a specialist in the market and serves many of major companies leading the electrification of passenger and fleet vehicles. The second line of business is comprehensive operations and maintenance services for solar, battery energy storage, and EV infrastructure owners and operators around the United States.
The company has a central operations center and a team of nation-wide highly-trained technicians to provide in-the-field O&M services for commercial, industrial, and utility customers and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
Full (excellent health benefits)
Company truck, laptop and iphone.
We are looking for California State Licensed Electricians interested in the field of renewable energy, specifically photovoltaic systems, electric vehicle charging stations and energy storage systems. Applicant should be able to deliver high quality, consistent and competent work and supervision in electrical construction in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures. Including, but not limited to full system installation, commissioning, maintenance, system performance evaluation and troubleshooting. Additionally, a strong understanding of the fundamentals of electricity and sound troubleshooting skills are required.
- To support the overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
- To ensure all that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel or environment.
- To be adaptive to performing and crafting other trade work to facilitate electrical work installation.
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
- Review project plans, specifications & installation instructions to ensure that the project is built according to the approved design and specifications
- In field work including leading crew members to complete projects within established policies and procedures
- Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job-site, lead daily safety meetings, properly fill out JHA & LOTO documentation.
- Ensure that workers and operators are always working in a safe manner
- Responsible for quality assurance for all work performed by the crew
- Must be able to react and remedy production related issues as they arise in the field
- Communicate with internal and external customers as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Commission PV systems, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations.
- Troubleshoot PV system performance issues and locate & isolate ground faults.
- Generate service specific reports using Microsoft word and excel to present to the customer as a professional document.
- Perform OEM testing, troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades/ revisions to a broad range of equipment in the renewable industry.
- Certified Electrician in the State of CA
- Strong knowledge of California Electric Code and National Electric Code
- Ability to read plan sets and perform take off for ordering materials
- Experience using wire/cable tugger, hydraulic bender, conduit threading machine and exothermic welding devices
- Ability to lead a team of electricians/apprentices
- Experience working with power utilities
- Experience with installation of main service boards, transformers and load centers
- Commercial electrical experience
- Experience with leading authority having jurisdictions through inspections
- OSHA 10 a minimum
- NFPA CESC preferred
- Proper knowledge of working in and around areas with “live” circuits
Licenses – Current clean driver’s licenses
Electrical – California State Certified Electrician (Journeyman level)
Education – High school Graduate, holder of G.E.D., or equivalent training.
Flexibility -- Work locations and shifts.
Character Traits -- Reliable, Punctual, Productive, Mechanically Inclined
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with team members
· Demonstrable commitment to safety
· Flexibility, able to adapt and comply with Company/Client requirements.
· Ability to work with, interact with other disciplines
· Confident, ability to work on own initiative and resourcefulness to complete all assigned tasks
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Has a desire to learn and develop within the role
1) Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain & snow.
2) Job requires employee to have required personal tools with them at all times.
3) Perform work at various heights up to 50’, working from ladders, bucket trucks, scaffolding, catwalks, aerial lifts or other safe working platforms.
4) Work in restricted areas like trenches or switchgear rooms and infrequently like manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attic spaces, etc...
5) Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat and safety glasses at all times. Each job site may be different, and must be accessed individually.
6) Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands and fingers
7) Able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, overtime and night shifts as required.
1) Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead.
2) Lift 51 pounds.
3) Constantly moving on your feet, all day long.
4) Climb ladders of all types.
5) Complete overhead work for full day’s assignments.
6) Possess good vision (natural or corrected)
7) Responsible for securing tools and materials from vendors and storage areas to complete their assigned tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, as listed above.
Upon acceptance of offer, candidates must be able to successfully complete background check and Drug Screening, and have the ability to maintain continuous coverage on company auto insurance plans.
MaxGen is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Maintenance Electrician – Los Angeles, CA
Hvac Mechanic / Electrician
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!