Electrician Maintenance Job Description Sample
We have an opening for a MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN position.
Location: Rapid City Regional Hosp; 353 Fairmont Blvd. Rapid City, SD 57701. Note: online applications accepted only.
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday- Friday, 7:00am- 3:30pm.
Requirement: 2 years in an electrical trade, Journeyman Electrician licensed by the state of SD.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Crothall Healthcare, a division of Compass Group North America, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, business facilities management and clinical engineering. Crothall is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
Full time associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Employee Assistance Program
Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
And other voluntary benefits
Operates and maintains all equipment, guided by a general knowledge of building trades, carpentry, painting, minor electrical, plumbing, mechanical system repairs, plant maintenance and the use of tools and basic maintenance supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
Responds to dispatch calls for machine repairs using company vehicle.
Calls on existing customers to determine adequacy of service; listens to and resolves service complaints.
Inspects and listens to machines to identify causes of malfunctions; dismantles machines to gain access to problem area.
Performs a variety of duties in maintaining, repairing, operating and renovating plant and facilities.
Inspects parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems; removes and replaces worn or defective parts; repairs broken parts; realigns and adjusts components; tests machine operation following repair.
Reads blueprints and diagrams, determines materials needed, estimates time and material costs on installations and requests supplies to assure timely and adequate availability.
Installs, tests and repairs electrical fixtures, power distribution circuits, utility equipment, internal communication and alarm systems and elements of heating and medical equipment.
Diagnoses and corrects trouble on electrical installations; recommends emergency courses of action to keep vital electrical equipment operational.
Recommends appropriate sources of electrical power for new installations or renovation projects.
Works on power lines, including 120 to 480 volts and on transformers, switch gears, cubicles, etc.
Performs corrective maintenance in accordance with the work order system.
Installs/repairs high and low-voltage electrical equipment including transformers, panels, feeders, motors, switches, fire alarms, intercoms, computers and other equipment in a timely manner.
Maintains clean and safe work environment; performs job safely.
Exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow employees and others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license.
Valid current state/local electrical license.
Two years of trade school or related experience.
Two years of experience as an electrician in a similar-sized institution in an engineering or maintenance occupation.
Working knowledge of local, state and the National Electric Code (NEC).
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Requisition ID 123809BR Date updated 09/16/2018
Raytheon is seeking an Electrician, Maintenance for work located on Shemya Island, Alaska. The job is to maintain, operate, troubleshoot, test and repair air conditioning, refrigeration, compressed air, control systems, radar cooling systems, auxiliary systems and ventilation equipment and associated support systems throughout the radar facility.
Lodging, berthing and meals are provided. This is a remote assignment with a rotation of 8 weeks on site and 5 weeks off site.
The job involves performing operation and maintenance on pumps, motors, gear boxes, electro-mechanical equipment/devices, piping/plumbing systems, electric/hydraulic motors, etc. Operate and maintain specialized electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pumping, cooling and lubricating systems.
Analyze equipment failures to determine cause and recommend corrective action. Perform electrical work including maintenance and repair on all power distribution panels, switchgear, feeder bus systems, circuit breakers, primary wiring from line side of 13.8kv knife switches to power transformers, and secondary wiring from the sub stations to the electronic buses. Perform preventive maintenance and keep performance and maintenance records on equipment.
The technician reports directly to the site manager. The technician will also work with other technicians and engineers on ancillary radar systems and equipment. Perform other duties as required.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Existing investigation that will support and maintain a final DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Five years' experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of industrial type refrigeration, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and industrial electrical systems and equipment.
Journeyman or equivalent in the electrical trade.
Experience in repair and modification of electrical and electronic equipment and systems associated with distribution, utilization, and control systems of electrical power.
Experience with the maintenance and repair of Solid State Uninterruptible Power Supply (SSUPS).
Ability to read and understand design drawings, specifications, and vendor technical documentation related to high volume liquid circulation cooling systems.
General computer experience with basic knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written formats regarding technical issues.
Must be physically and mentally capable of climbing and performing work at heights.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Experience in using AutoCAD program.
Experience with corrosion control processes and procedures.
Experience with maintenance of Real Property Installed Equipment (RPIE) and associated equipment.
Experience performing industrial water treatment functions.
High School graduate. Completion of an accredited electrician's trade school or equivalent.
Completion of courses in refrigeration, control circuits and protective devices. Military schools and experience accepted in lieu of trade school. Must have or be able to possess a universal refrigerant handling license.
This position requires a U.S. Citizen who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization and a U.S. DoD Clearance. 123809
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data.
IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
AK - Elmendorf AFB
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posted 9/18/2018 9:59:30 AM
Job Function: Manufacturing
Business Segment: Aviation Supply Chain
Location(s): United States; Vermont; Rutland
Perform electronic & electrical repairs and installations for a wide variety of applications within the operation of a 300,000 square foot manufacturing facility making airfoils for jet engines.
Troubleshoot, calibrate, and repair electronic equipment such as CNC controls, tool positioning systems, PLC's and measuring quality control equipment and electrical distribution equipment. Extensive use of electronic test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, recorders, component testers and simulators. Interpret complex schematics and logic/ladder diagrams. Utilize technical and reference manuals. Bench skills required including soldering, component replacement and PCB repair. Extensive knowledge of electrical and electronic theory.
Vermont Electrical License or equivalent experience
Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
Good computer skills including using Microsoft Office
Strong attention to detail
Commitment to team goals
Demonstrated follow through on projects and tasks assigned
Broad range of equipment repair experience/mechanical aptitude
Ability to work 5th shift which is:
Week 1 - M-F 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm
Week 2 - M-W , Sat & Sun 2:30 pm
Ability to work 6th Shift which is:
Week 1 - Sunday
Thursday 10:30 pm
Week 2 - Sunday
Tuesday, Friday & Sat 10:30 pm
Industrial maintenance/electrical experience
PLC & Ladder logic knowledge
Project management experience
Electrical repair experience on mills, lathes and grinders
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Vermont; Rutland
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Location: Richmond, VA
Position Status: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Shift: Monday – Friday (11pm to 7am) or (3pm to 11pm)
- Participates in safety meetings and dialogs, performs Job Hazard Analysis, and performs Incident Investigations as needed to maintain the safest work environment possible
- Takes ownership of safety processes; performs maintenance safety program audits (Lockout/Tag out, Confined Space, Fall Protection, PPE, mobile equipment, etc.).
- The Electrician is responsible for equipment maintenance and reliability throughout the plant.
- Maintains heavy industrial machinery with a working knowledge of AC-DC motors and controls, combustion, metering, air conditioning, power distribution, electronics process control computers, welding, conduit and schematics.
- This position is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, inspecting, modifying, rebuilding and maintaining plant equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of all or some of the following: electrical/electronic circuits, PLC’s, wire installation/termination, conduit threading, bending and installation, AC and DC drives and welding.
- Need to have a working knowledge of computers.
- This person will be required to operate mobile equipment including forklift, man lift, scissor lift, and overhead cranes.
- This person will perform preventive maintenance on equipment and make repairs or improvements as needed.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to ensure minimum interruption to process.
- Must have good communication skills both verbal and written.
- This position will require a very safety-oriented person to perform maintenance duties in a team environment and the ability to work alone with little or no supervision.
- Ability to make decisions on equipment repairs and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to read and understand schematics/blueprints. This will be a multi-task job function that includes assisting mechanics and operators as necessary.
- Monitors condition of equipment and makes maximum use of planned outages
- Reduces MTTO (occurrence restoration), increases MTBO (between occurrences)
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Industrial Electrician program or Industrial Electrician apprenticeship.
- A minimum of two (2) years of an electrician maintaining heavy industrial machinery with a working knowledge of AC-DC motors and controls, combustion, metering, air conditioning, power distribution, electronics process control computers, welding, conduit and schematics.
- Five (5) years of experience as an electrician in the above areas and a graduate of an approved apprentice program or technical training beyond high school.
Plant Maintenance Electrician
- Maintenance trouble shooting and electrical repairs for plant facility and production equipment.
- Responsible for building repairs, lighting, HVAC, plumbing, and wiring.
- Inspect fire pump, emergency lighting, and fire extinguishers.
- Preventive maintenance for production equipment and facility equipment such as: motors, boiler, chiller, and HVAC.
- Upgrade equipment by engineering and fabricating parts.
- Responsible for installing new equipment, light duty wiring, electrical components, and electrical troubleshooting. Perform all necessary work to repair and perform both preventive and general maintenance on all production equipment in the plant.
- 3-5 years of maintenance and electrical maintenance experience -General understanding of electrical systems including 24VDC, 120/208/240VAC and 277/480VAC.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair or replace motor control devices such as DC speed controls, VFDs, electric motors, contactors, circuit protection devices, potentiometers or pushbuttons.
- Competence in machinery control logic. Including the ability to find faults in field equipment including relays, timers, counters, safety devices, sensors including transducers, encoders, proximity or limit switches.
- General understanding of process instrumentation and controllers, resistive heaters and power switching devices such as SSRs and Electromechanical relays.
- Experience with PLCs; including the troubleshooting of equipment based on machine conditions and ladder diagrams. Candidate is able to identify problems in electronic equipment.
- General understanding of motion control systems including step and servo motor applications.
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems including directional valves, cylinders, motors and actuators.
- Experience in extrusion industry preferred.
- AS or equivalent years of experience
- 2-5 years experience troubleshooting, repairing and upgrading electrical equipment
- Knowledge & experience with machine automation (troubleshooting and maintenance)
- 2-5 years experience with machine integration, installations and commissioning
- 2-5 years experience calibrating instruments (pressure, flow, temperature, etc. using 0-10v, 4-20mA)
- 2+ years working in manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting 3 phase power circuits
- Must be able to meet physical requirements: Frequent bending and installing new conduit and circuits, demo of old conduit and circuits, and replacing defective or faulty electrical outlets. Consistently utilizes mobile lifts and works in high elevated positions.
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated experience with multiple VFD’s
- Ability to read electricaldrawings
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradleyequipment
- Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies, along with examples of previous work
- Travel up to 0-10%
- Must be willing & able to work some weekends and holidays, as required for shutdowns
- Must be willing to work "on call" rotation for 1 week each month
- A&E Engineering, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. The background screening is a requirement of our clients and therefore a business necessity.
No outside recruiters or agencies please.
2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm
Must have experience troubleshooting electrical issues with machines
PLC Troubleshooting Experience
General Summary: Responsible for machine maintenance, building maintenance and general maintenance functions as directed
Principal Duties and
- Adapt and promote lean manufacturing principals
- Active participant in the Elimination of Waste Team meetings
- Support the Company’s Goals and Objectives
- Repair and Maintenance of building, presses and equipment throughout plant.
- Performs adjustment, repairs, or replacements on motors, controls, and other electric equipment.
- Responsible for supporting the team goals of the assembly, and press departments.
- Responsible for participation in press set-ups, teamwork and continuous improvement of press set-up time.
- Adhere to all safety procedures, including Lockout/Tag out and electrical safe work practices.
- Responsible for all PM tasks, corrective actions, and improvements to assigned equipment.
- Required to follow all maintenance systems and proper documentation procedures as outlined in the work instructions, including preventive maintenance procedures, downtime recording procedures, and work order procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
- Reports directly to the Maintenance Manager
- May receive direction from General Supervisor
- Journeyman status or equivalent as an Electrician
- Knowledge of stamping presses, conveyors, CNCs, washers, assembly machines, various automation and related machinery
- Knowledge of electrical pneumatics, lubrication and hydraulic circuits
- Knowledge of mig and or arc welding and use of cutting torches
- Must be able to read and interpret hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication schematics and electrical drawings
- Must be able to operate forklift
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work necessary overtime if required
- Excellent manual dexterity with the ability to lift and carry up to 80 pounds frequently
- Usage of a computer, printer, calculator, press and machinery control panels
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping and performing repetitive motion tasks
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder and/or man lift
- Serves in the capacity of waste water handler commensurate with completion of proper training
- Possess working knowledge of IATF-16949, ISO 14001 and Q1 compliance criteria
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with continuous exposure to noise.
Location(s): Charlotte, NC
The Maintenance Electrician will be embedded at a client site located in Charlotte, NC. He/She will be responsible for, but not limited to: general plant electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs and upgrading electrical equipment; installation and repair of process control valves, pumps, level switches, photo eyes, flow, level, pressure and temperature transmitters; and working with Project Managers on installations and commissioning. This person needs to be able to work independently as well as with a team. The majority of the work is general plant electrical maintenance working with 24vdc, 120vac-480vac.
- AS degree or equivalent years of experience
- 2-5 years’ experience troubleshooting, repairing and upgrading electrical equipment
- Knowledge & experience troubleshooting and maintaining production equipment
- Experience calibrating instruments (pressure, flow, temperature, etc. using 0-10v, 4-20mA)
- Experience working with pneumatic valves
- Experience troubleshooting 3 phase power circuits
- Experience working with VFD’s
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Eye for detail
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually
- Must be able to meet physical requirements: able to lift and carry 50 lbs. Frequently utilizes mobile lifts and works in high elevated positions.
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read electrical drawings.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to learn new systems.
- Working knowledge of PLC I/O modules and wiring requirements.
- Ability to interact and deal directly with customer while representing A&E Engineering, Inc. in a professional manner.
- Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies, along with examples of previous work.
- Travel: up to 0-10%
- Must be willing and able to work some weekends and holidays, as required for shutdowns.
- Must be willing to work "on call" rotation for emergency support of the site.
- Client will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening, without needing company sponsorship.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. The background screening is a requirement of our clients and therefore a business necessity.
Client offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision; Health Savings Account; LT & ST Disability; 401(k); Paid Holidays, Sick & Vacation
Client is an equal opportunity employer.
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
We are currently seeking Maintenance Electrician at our Washington Operations in Washington, PA. This position is a core component of our maintenance team and requires a trained and experienced individual to continue our success. The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for performing all electrical maintenance functions necessary to maintain all operating and service equipment using standard and specialized tools and equipment including mobile equipment, cranes and forklifts. The successful candidate will troubleshoot, install, maintain, repair, and operate a broad range of electrical systems and electrical equipment in a heavy industrial environment to maintain continuous operations
Have a high school diploma or equivalent
Extensive experience in electrical and/or electronic maintenance including motors, controls, power supplies, AC/DC theory, power distribution, PLC's, hydraulics/pneumatics, lubrication, power transmission, pumps etc. OR possess an Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related curriculum with relevant work experience.
Possess a valid driver's license
Willing to operate and/or maintain a variety of operating units.
Work shifts, weekends, and overtime in a heavy industrial environment
Demonstrated ability to work safely as a team member
Applicants must pass written tests at a trainee level to verify electrical aptitude
Area of Interest
Manufacturing / Production / Operations
Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Are you tired of the same old job, day in and day out?
Maybe it is time to join a Team where every day brings something new and exciting!
In addition to an excellent Benefit package that includes, QUARTERLY BONUSES, PROFIT SHARING, PAID TIME OFF, medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, life insurance plans, and retirement plans, the successful candidate will have opportunities for career advancement.
The Industrial Maintenance Electrician's primary responsibilities include leading and supporting electrical projects at the Baytown ExxonMobil refinery. This position will report the Maintenance Supervisor.
Lead electrical projects, PM's and activities for the facility
Always promote safety as our top priority
Collaborate with other individuals within the maintenance team as well as those outside of the maintenance department, including operations team members, coordinators, and management to ensure the overall success of the operation.
Must have a good understanding of customer service, sense of urgency, and callout expectations
Perform electrical service on fixed and rotating equipment and various other facility needs
Perform preventative maintenance activities for all facility fixed and rotating equipment
Oversee any needed vendor repairs regarding facility fixed and rotating equipment
Maintain positive team morale
Keep all applicable monthly/annual safety training requirements updated
Always work in a safe and efficient manner
Perform other necessary duties as required including mechanical work.
Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventive maintenance to equipment including, but not limited to; P&H bridge crane, conveyor belts, company vehicles, lighting and hvac
Running conduit, unistrut and new wiring
Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card.
Must have or be able to pass and obtain:
NCCER + Industrial Electrician
Texas State (TDLR) Electrical Journeyman's License is a plus
Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair control systems, proximity sensors, limit switches, plc's and variable frequency drives (VFDs)
Must have Knowledge and Understanding of control voltage 4-20 Milliamp.
Must demonstrate positive leadership and communication skills.
Must possess basic computer skills and ability to learn Infor (Computer Maintenance Management System), S7, etc. (Savage based systems)
Must be willing to learn new technology as it pertains to the operation.
Must be willing to work overtime and accommodate callout responsibilities as needed.
Must be familiar with local policies and procedures.
Team Member must be an individual that is reliable, honest, professional, with a positive can do attitude
Ability to work outside in any weather condition.
Must be willing to work a rotating call out schedule
Must have a current and valid driver's license
High School Diploma or greater
Minimum 3 years of industrial electrical maintenance experience
Must be able to walk long distances
Must be able to climb ladders/steps and work at elevated heights
Must be able to stand, stoop and crawl
Must be able to lift 50lbs frequently
With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!