Electrician Powerhouse Job Description Sample
Powerhouse Annual Outage Coordinator
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a talented Powerhouse Annual Outage Coordinator to support our team in Cedars Springs, Georgia. This position will report to the Powerhouse Maintenance Area Leader and work with the Powerhouse business unit to create and provide maintenance outage/shutdown planning and execution discipline for the area. This position will work closely with area maintenance, operations, capital engineers, Asset Availability Leaders, reliability personnel, and crafts persons to provide effective scheduling of outage/ shutdown functions.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with 3 paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. It is located in the Southwest corner of Georgia about 25 miles from Dothan, AL and you are just 1.5 hours from 2 major capital cities, Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific's packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Coordinate with the operation, engineering and reliability teams to help determine the yearly outage/shutdown schedule to maximize equipment operation.
Manage the meeting process leading up to outages/ shutdowns and post outage critique.
Provide updates to business unit leaders and audit the process for schedule effectiveness, cost adherence and quality execution.
Share Safety lessons from the business unit to other areas to effectively communicate hazards and incidents.
Participate in the maintenance duty on call roster.
Act as a communication liaison between areas to leverage mill wide resources.
Provide leadership to the outage process in the powerhouse area.
Effectivity communicates changes to outages schedules to the groups that are involved, internal and external resources.
Grow the outage process to be consistent with other areas of the mill.
Develop an outage/ shutdown schedule in Microsoft Project or similar software that allows for complete and timely outage tracking to achieve maximum efficiency.
Include all aspects of the outage / shutdown into the schedule
Work with Business unit, AALs, Optimizers, and Gatekeepers to develop the most cost-effective schedule for each outage/shutdown.
Build an understanding of Safety standards and increase knowledge of the Utility area to be able to effectivity schedule the correct work at the correct time.
Effectively manage project funding requests for each annual outage and submit for approval in a timely manner.
What You Will Need:
High School Diploma or GED
2+ years of experience in a maintenance or planning focused role
Proficient in Microsoft Project or Gantt chart scheduling practices
Knowledge of mechanical and electrical planning
Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead?
5+ years of experience in a maintenance or planning focused role
Industrial experience in planning and scheduling of large shutdowns and outages
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Cook - Univ Of Southern Mississippi - Powerhouse
About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The Cook should safely handle knives and equipment such as grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
Cooks and prepare a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knives
Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
Ensures security of company assets
Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
Experience as a cook or in a related role required
Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
Must be able to obtain food safety certification
Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs.
Boiler Operator / Powerhouse / Stationary Engineer
Job Posting Title:
Boiler Operator / Powerhouse / Stationary Engineer
The Lancaster Ready-to-Eat Cereal Plant, a TreeHouse Private Brands site, is currently looking for a Powerhouse Technician to join our team. This is an opportunity to join a recognized and growing company within the food manufacturing industry, where you will have a direct impact on our ability to safely deliver quality products at a competitive cost. We are offering a competitive compensation package for this position, including benefits (health, vision and dental) and 401(k).
Job duties will enable the Powerhouse Technician to perform a variety of maintenance and operator duties consistent with the operation of gas and oil fired boilers for processing and heating of the Treehouse Private Brands Lancaster Plant. Mechanic duties may include maintenance, repair and overhaul of a variety of powerhouse equipment including steam generating boilers, water chillers, cooling towers, pumps, air compressors, water treatment and their associated equipment. Pipe fitting knowledge and electric troubleshooting skills are required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Perform repair and maintenance on Cleaver Brooks 500 HP and 225 HP fire tube boilers, including preparation for annual state required boiler inspections.
Maintain cooling systems, including air and water filters, plumbing, heaters exchangers, water treatment, heaters, level controls, fans, and gearboxes.
Repair and maintain pumps, electric motors, fans, and controls.
Ensure the safe operation of plant equipment and machinery, the safe use of tools and the safety of others working in the immediate area.
Experience and Skills Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent required.
High Pressure Boiler Operator license issued by the State of Ohio required.
Stationery Engineers license issued by the State of Ohio preferred.
Candidate must have ability to understand and execute written and oral instructions and relay instructions.
Must demonstrate initiative and be able to work with little supervision.
Must be able to identify potential safety hazards, including unsafe boiler operations and take immediate action to correct the hazard and report the situation to supervisory personnel.
Ability to frequently lift 50 lbs.
Ability to frequently stand, stoop, bend, kneel and climb.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Powerhouse Operator Class IV
About Roseburg Forest Products Founded in 1936, Roseburg Forest Products is a privately owned company and one of North America's leading producers of particleboard, medium density fiberboard and thermally fused laminates. Roseburg also manufactures softwood and hardwood plywood, lumber, LVL and I-joists. The company owns and sustainably manages more than 600,000 acres of timberland in Oregon, North Carolina and Virginia, as well as an export wood chip terminal facility in Coos Bay, Ore. Roseburg products are shipped throughout North America and the Pacific Rim. To learn more about the company please visit www.Roseburg.com.
Cleans ash from boiler grates
Ensures adequate supply of hog fuel
Maintains high standard of housekeeping
Operates 966 front end loader
Operates dump truck
Operates a D8 cat dozer
Ability to learn and retain complex processes throughout Powerhouse
Ability to safely complete complex process equipment large lockouts
Ability to train and qualify for Class III position mandatory progression
High school diploma or GED
Job is physically demanding; must be able to occasionally push, pull or lift up to 100 pounds
Must be able to work rotating 12-hour shift (day and night, DuPont schedule)
2/3 of the year
Must be able to work 10-hour day shift schedule
1/3 of the year
Must be available and willing to work overtime as needed to facilitate the effective operation of the Powerhouse
Boiler experience is desirable but not required
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING DISABILITY AND VETERANS
Powerhouse Assistant Superintendent
People • Customers • Trust
At Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), we think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company.
We seek to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise.
At PCA, you'll find the best people in the industry operating in a "golden rule" culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA is proud to have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way.
As a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S., PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
We are seeking resumes for a Powerhouse Assistant Superintendent in our DeRidder, LA facility
Function and Scope
Protect the assets of the Powerhouse including equipment, structure, and people. This results in the safety of the people and equipment, maximum productivity and quality at low costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Safety: Write safety work orders.
Conduct safety (housekeeping) inspections. Review and update JSAs/SOPs. Conduct incident investigations. Involvement in lockout, vessel entry and hot work permits.
Cost: Monitor overtime.
Set budgets and monitor monthly cost data. Monitor and optimize chemical usage. Utilize operators within business unit to avoid call outs
Maintenance: Write work orders.
Review work orders weekly with maintenance. Coordinate maintenance with production on shutdowns, both routine and emergency. Prepare maintenance shutdown list.
Make routine inspections of machine making note of any concerns. Address any housekeeping issues related to maintenance. Address any rework or repeat breakdowns.
Fill out root cause analysis. Communicate daily with maintenance, relaying any concerns.
Production: Schedule and plan monthly and annual maintenance outages.
Communicate with other departments and with management as to their outage schedule and production running schedule. End result: Reduction in the demand of maintenance manpower and in lost production and extra costs.
Communications: Daily communications within the production and Maintenance Department.
Assist superintendent in communicating any customer issues, i.e., runnabilty, quality, and overall performance. Communicate with superintendent on all Powerhouse liabilities such as maintenance and operational concerns.
Self-Development: Attend any needed training sessions such as computer, total quality, management, vendor and product training.
Attend any value-added maintenance seminars. Fill in for superintendent as needed. Stay current with technology.
Supervision and Leadership Exercised
This position receives direction from the Powerhouse Superintendent. It functions as an assistant to the superintendent and has a wide latitude for decisions pertaining to overall operation of the Powerhouse, including decisions on machine efficiency issues, product quality, operating supply selection, standard operating procedures and maintenance costs.
Reporting and Accountability Relationships
Reports to Powerhouse Superintendent.
Accountable to internal and external customers.
- Education and Experience
BS in Engineering or other related field of study, or high school diploma with equivalent experience. 5-8 years related experience. Experience in coordinating and scheduling shutdowns and supervising people.
Pay Type Salary
DeRidder, LA 70634, USA
Licensed Journeyman Electrician
MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgen.com/) is the nation’s largest independent service provider for the clean energy industry.
MaxGen has two major lines of business. The first is the planning, design and construction of electric vehicle (EV) charging and battery energy storage infrastructure. MaxGen is a specialist in the market and serves many of major companies leading the electrification of passenger and fleet vehicles. The second line of business is comprehensive operations and maintenance services for solar, battery energy storage, and EV infrastructure owners and operators around the United States.
The company has a central operations center and a team of nation-wide highly-trained technicians to provide in-the-field O&M services for commercial, industrial, and utility customers and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
We are looking for California State Licensed Electricians interested in the field of renewable energy, specifically photovoltaic systems, electric vehicle charging stations and energy storage systems. Applicant should be able to deliver high quality, consistent and competent work and supervision in electrical construction in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures. Including, but not limited to full system installation, commissioning, maintenance, system performance evaluation and troubleshooting. Additionally, a strong understanding of the fundamentals of electricity and sound troubleshooting skills are required.
- To support the overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
- To ensure all that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel or environment.
- To be adaptive to performing and crafting other trade work to facilitate electrical work installation.
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
- Review project plans, specifications & installation instructions to ensure that the project is built according to the approved design and specifications
- In field work including leading crew members to complete projects within established policies and procedures
- Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job-site, lead daily safety meetings, properly fill out JHA & LOTO documentation.
- Ensure that workers and operators are always working in a safe manner
- Responsible for quality assurance for all work performed by the crew
- Must be able to react and remedy production related issues as they arise in the field
- Communicate with internal and external customers as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Commission PV systems, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations.
- Troubleshoot PV system performance issues and locate & isolate ground faults.
- Generate service specific reports using Microsoft word and excel to present to the customer as a professional document.
- Perform OEM testing, troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades/ revisions to a broad range of equipment in the renewable industry.
- Certified Electrician in the State of CA
- Strong knowledge of California Electric Code and National Electric Code
- Ability to read plan sets and perform take off for ordering materials
- Experience using wire/cable tugger, hydraulic bender, conduit threading machine and exothermic welding devices
- Ability to lead a team of electricians/apprentices
- Experience working with power utilities
- Experience with installation of main service boards, transformers and load centers
- Commercial electrical experience
- Experience with leading authority having jurisdictions through inspections
- OSHA 10 a minimum
- NFPA CESC preferred
- Proper knowledge of working in and around areas with “live” circuits
Licenses – Current clean driver’s licenses
Electrical – California State Certified Electrician (Journeyman level)
Transportation -- Own reliable transportation
Education – High school Graduate, holder of G.E.D., or equivalent training.
Flexibility -- Work locations and shifts.
Character Traits -- Reliable, Punctual, Productive, Mechanically Inclined
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with team members
· Demonstrable commitment to safety
· Flexibility, able to adapt and comply with Company/Client requirements.
· Ability to work with, interact with other disciplines
· Confident, ability to work on own initiative and resourcefulness to complete all assigned tasks
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Has a desire to learn and develop within the role
1) Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain & snow.
2) Job requires employee to have required personal tools with them at all times.
3) Perform work at various heights up to 50’, working from ladders, bucket trucks, scaffolding, catwalks, aerial lifts or other safe working platforms.
4) Work in restricted areas like trenches or switchgear rooms and infrequently like manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attic spaces, etc...
5) Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat and safety glasses at all times. Each job site may be different, and must be accessed individually.
6) Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands and fingers
7) Able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, overtime and night shifts as required.
1) Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead.
2) Lift 51 pounds.
3) Constantly moving on your feet, all day long.
4) Climb ladders of all types.
5) Complete overhead work for full day’s assignments.
6) Possess good vision (natural or corrected)
7) Responsible for securing tools and materials from vendors and storage areas to complete their assigned tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, as listed above.
Upon acceptance of offer, candidates must be able to successfully complete background check and Drug Screening, and have the ability to maintain continuous coverage on company auto insurance plans.
MaxGen is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Foreman/Lead Journeyman Electrician
Electrician - Foreman / Lead Journeyman
Calray Electric, Inc. has an opening for a Lead Journeyman (Foreman) for multiple projects at Naval Weapons Station China Lake. Calray Electric, Inc. works throughout the State of California region.
This position will be paid at a prevailing wage rate, determined by the Federal Government, when working on site. Benefits include a Pension Plan, Medical and Dental insurance.
The Lead Journeyman will be responsible for the overall on time completion of assigned projects. Responsibilities include reading blue prints, ordering materials, communicating with management personnel requirements and scheduling issues, and the demolition, installation and troubleshooting of electrical items not limited to: bending pipe and conduit, running wire, installing devices and lighting.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs work required for the construction and installation of electrical systems for commercial and industrial work projects
- Performs work of a skilled variety demanding a high degree of manual and technical competency
- Repairs malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring
- Tests electrical equipment, such as, motors, heaters and controls for safety and efficiency using standard test equipment and by observing functions
- Installs fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment
- Inspects circuits for specified shielding and grounding
- Install feeders
- Wire and conduit sizing
- Switchgear and device installation and termination
- Underground layout and rough-in
- Motors and controls troubleshooting
- Work responsibly using personal and company supplied tools and equipment
- Performs all job duties following all established safety standards
- Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test equipment
- Maintains a “can do” attitude that is broadcast to those they influence
- Active State of California Journeyman license.
- OSHA 30 Safety Certification.
- Ability to sustain considerable physical effort at frequent intervals
- Stand, stoop, kneel, bend, and lift/carry up to 50lbs 100 feet
- Ability to climb ladders
- Work in extremes of temperature cold/heat
- Work around dirt, dust and other construction environs
- Use basic hand and power tools as required
- Able to supply their own personal tools per established tool list
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and Management in English
- Able to read instructions and follow safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check for access to DoD facilities.
- Must be able to travel.
|JOB TITLE:||Electrician||DATE REVISED:||6/27/2016|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No. :|
|Production Supervisor|| Department:||Production|
The Electrician, under the direction of a Supervisor; install, maintain and identify faults and repair electrical wiring and computer-based equipment in motor vehicles and related equipment including but not limited to, busses, coaches, trolleys, trams and railway cars.
- Work with computer-controlled engine management and other systems.
- Service, identify and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection, electronic ignition, anti-lock braking, cruise control, automatic transmission, air bags and air conditioning
- Install electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators and starter motors in vehicles
- Install electrically operated accessories such as radios, security cameras, heating or demisting equipment, air conditioners, driving lamps and anti-theft systems
- Use meters, test instruments and circuit diagrams to find electrical faults
- Adjust engine control systems and timing to make sure vehicles are running at peak performance
- Test, recondition and replace faulty alternators, generators, starter motors and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries
- Repair or replace faulty ignition, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches
- Use hand tools, specialized electrical tools and instruments and machines, including drills, grinders, presses and lathes
- Solder or weld when repairing electrical parts
- Install, repair and service air conditioning systems
- Additional cross-functional duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years as an Automotive Electrician or equivalent education from trade school
- Must have experience working with 12v to 24v systems
- Ability to crimp and solder
- Experience with basic hand held tools, digital voltmeter, oscilloscopes and other MT& E
- Ability to work under pressure under strict deadlines
- Communication both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physical and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Electrician (CDL) performs journey level installation, repair, maintenance and remodeling of electrical and electronic equipment and facilities and street lighting systems on a variety of County locations; ensures that electrical power is available for facilities on an emergency basis.
This examination will establish an Open Competitive and Promotional list to fill current and/or future vacancies that may occur within the next six (6) months or may be extended as needed by the Office of Human Resources.
NOTE: Copy of Class B Commercial Driver's License is required at time of application.
Applications submitted without a copy of candidate's Commercial Driver's License are incomplete and will not be considered. Photo copies of the required license may be attached to the on-line application or emailed to Tanya.Trosper@clarkcountynv.gov.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see attached resume" on your application.
Education and Experience: Equivalent to graduation from high school AND six (6) years of skilled experience in the electrical trade.
Successful completion of a recognized apprenticeship as an electrician may be substituted for four (4) years of the required experience. Attendance at a recognized trade school is desirable, as is experience with electronic controls and experience in an industrial or plant setting.
Working Conditions: This position may include working alternate daytime or nighttime shifts, which may be for extended periods of time.
May be called back to work in emergency situations. Work with exposure to potentially hazardous materials, paints, chemicals, solvents, sealants and fuels. Work with exposure to heavy traffic. Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Licensing and Certification: Must possess appropriate Class B Commercial Driver's License and valid Class C Nevada Driver's License at time of appointment. This position will require certification through the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operator's (NCCCO) within (24) months from the date of hire.
Background Investigation: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Periodically after employment background investigations may be conducted.
Medical Examination: Employment is contingent upon the results of a physical examination performed by our examining physician.
Drug Testing: Employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug examination and subject to random drug testing in accordance with DOT requirements.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Participates in the design, layout and installation of office, public facility, shop, plant, street lighting, parks and athletic facility and other remodeling, repair or modification projects affecting County buildings and facilities; takes measurements; prepares working drawings and sketches; assists in preparing project specifications. Estimates materials, parts, tools and equipment needed for work assignments; orders and picks up materials and supplies from outside vendors as appropriate; prepares cost estimates for job.
Performs skilled electrical work such as the installation of wire, conduit, outlets, fixtures, switches, appliances, timers, alarm systems, lighting and street lighting systems, appliances and other elements of office and public facilities. Performs skilled plant electrical work such as the installation of motors, pumps, generators, control systems, auxiliary power systems, data information systems, HVAC systems and similar major installations in plant and public facilities; may work from aerial lift equipment. Inspects and performs preventive maintenance on systems and equipment; tests emergency power, lighting, alarm and other backup systems to ensure ongoing usage.
Installs and reroutes telephone, computer networks and other data communication lines; installs and maintains such specialized equipment as surveillance cameras, computer components and electronic circuit boards. Tests and troubleshoots electrical and electronic components, repairs or orders and replaces components, rewires systems, and tests equipment prior to placing back into service. Reads diagrams, blueprints, specifications and manuals for installation and repair projects.
Maintains and services electrical test and repair equipment and hand and power tools; keeps small inventory of frequently used supplies and parts. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team. May direct the work of less skilled assistants on specific projects; ensures that proper safety precautions are followed, particularly around energized circuits.
Maintains records of work performed and materials used. Drives County vehicles, including heavy trucks and equipment, to work sites and transports materials and assistants as required; may work from lift trucks, ladders and other elevating devices.
Mobility to work in a typical shop or related maintenance setting, including operating typical trade equipment, hand and power tools and standard office equipment, and to drive a motor vehicle to various work sites; stamina to stand, walk and climb and to work in confined or awkward spaces or from aerial equipment for an extended period of time; strength to lift and maneuver materials and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds with proper equipment; vision to read printed materials; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over a radio or telephone. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
Certified Electrician II
Synergy ECP is a Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business SD(VOSB) that was formed in July 2007 with Headquarters in Columbia, MD and is made up of talented, dedicated staff to provide a broad range of services to the defense, intelligence and health care industries.
In an ultra-competitive environment, Synergy ECP has thrived by adhering to our name, making sure excellence is displayed by our Employees, to our Customers and by Improving Performance (ECP).
It’s what sets us apart, enabling us to be an autonomous yet agile business that delivers huge results - showing we’re ready to meet our customers’ evolving demands.
Synergy ECP has earned a client list that includes numerous Fortune 100 companies, in addition to multiple branches of the US government and military services.
Synergy ECP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Performs Master electrical work in the operation, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment and accessories. Perform preventive maintenance, repair, or replacement of electrical equipment. Analyze, troubleshoot, modify, install, and repair electrical equipment and circuits using prints, diagrams, and test instruments. Troubleshoot design and system control problems and make emergency repairs, as required. Test, inspect, clean, repair, dismantle, adjust, replace, assemble, maintain and lubricate all manual or automatic AC and DC systems, electrical equipment, transformers, switchgear, control panels, regulators, and various other electrical apparatus. Prepare and maintain records and reports on electrical systems equipment, as required for maintenance programs based on all information obtained through tests. Install conduit, wiring and electrical apparatus. Read blueprints and generate bill of materials. Perform other job-related duties, as assigned
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI
- U.S. Citizenship
- Valid Maryland Master Electrician license
- Minimum education and experience level: High School/GED and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!