Electrician Radio Job Description Sample
Land Mobile Radio Field Service Technician
Technician needed to install, program, configure, optimize, test and maintain radio communications and electronics equipment. Experience with Motorola P25 and Mototrbo two-way radio equipment preferred, but will consider hiring someone with other relevant experience. Successful candidates for this position typically possess one or more of the following: Motorola P25 and Mototrbo Radio Product Training Certificates, FCC License, ETA certification, CompTIA A+/Net+, Amateur Radio License and/or Ground Radio experience in one of the branches of the military.
Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installation and removal of fixed equipment to Motorola R56 standards
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions and basic wiring diagrams provided with equipment
- Operate test equipment required to analyze and optimize electronics equipment and use resulting measurements to evaluate and troubleshoot
- Optimization of equipment to manufacturers specifications
- Read and comprehend service manuals, schematics, and diagrams
- Troubleshooting equipment to determine which module or component is defective enabling repair of equipment
- Documentation of procedures, projects, and systems
- Preventative Maintenance checks
- Help other technicians with knowledge gained through training and on the job experience
- Proper and timely completion of paperwork
Benefits available include medical, dental, paid holidays, paid vacation and 401k
Sales Representative / Radio / Advertising
Serves customers by selling products; meeting customer needs.
Sales Representative Job Duties:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
Technician - Specialized Radio Technician
Established Motorola Certified Service Center in the Tri-City area is seeking an experienced technician.
Duties will Include: Installation, Programming, Troubleshooting and repair of all facets of Motorola and other Brand Subscriber equipment operating in P-25, Digital, LTR and analog modes. Includes repeaters, Consoles, Mobile and Portable subscriber equipment. Good mechanical and judgment skills are required.
Minimum requirements Include:Advanced electronics knowledge, RF and Computer networking experience, ETA certification either held or will be required within the 1st few months of employment. Must be able to attend week-long skill level advanced training courses and to be on a rotating 24 x 7 on-call service schedule. A valid drivers license and good driving record with a clean criminal background a must.
Benefits Include; 401K, Health, Life, Dental and Disability Insurance, Paid Vacation, Sick time and Holidays. Pay Structure based on skill level.
The LMR Engineering Team supports LMR systems that facilitate mission critical communications for our client(s). In addition, the LMR Engineering Team works with our client(s) to manage, verify and validate the work of third parties supporting LMR initiatives. Initiatives focus on the modernization, operation and maintenance of LMR systems; specifically, leveraging new technologies to increase system performance, expand coverage, and introduce new capabilities.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Maintain, operate and verify operation of LMR systems.
- Deploy and support LMR systems at client sites.
- Troubleshoot and resolve LMR issues.
- Document LMR configurations and overall system topologies.
- Build and test proof of concept LMR solutions in a lab environment.
- Develop and execute testing procedures, and document results.
- Provide support to engineering team initiatives as assigned.
- Supports projects and teams in accordance with Chartis core values.
- Understand the standard capture process, terminology, contract vehicles.
- Maintains an awareness of Chartis clients, services, and capabilities; pursues opportunity to improvement subject matter knowledge and expertise.
- Adheres to Chartis employment policies and expectations; participates in Chartis events and initiatives.
· > 8 years’ relevant experience w/ Bachelor’s degree.
· > 10 years’ relevant experience w/ High School Diploma or equivalent.
Security Clearance / Background Investigation:
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and obtain security clearance.
Chartis is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.
We participate in E-Verify.
Today, we employ over 100 staff in 17 states who deliver nationwide support for federal programs. To reflect our commitment to the public sector, we rebranded as Chartis Federal in 2016. We look forward to continued success supporting our client's important missions.
Chartis Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. EEO IS THE LAW. The Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at 703.854.1143 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sales Executive For Zimmer Radio & Marketing Group
Sell marketing solutions to existing and prospective clients utilizing on air, on line and on location opportunities to help their businesses grow.
The company: Zimmer Radio and Marketing Group, a dynamic, family-owned communications company, serves its customers in mid-Missouri with focus-based messages that deliver results for their clients. With nine radio stations, three niche websites, 3 magazines and a team of passionate, creative and talented professionals, they customize message development strategies for clients to share with thousands of potential customers through creative and diversified products on air, online, on location, and print. They recruit, develop, empower and retain motivated employees who identify opportunities to create solutions that benefit their customers and the communities they serve. By initiating future growth, professionally and personally, in their associates through leadership training, company-wide openness, strategic innovation and personal ownership, Zimmer Radio and Marketing Group constantly surpasses client expectations and continually receives local and national recognition in the industry. They embrace a family atmosphere, where a healthy work-life balance is supported by an ethical, respectful, fun, safe, trusting and participative culture. Each year Zimmer Radio and Marketing Group raises more than one million dollars for numerous local charities, including the Children’s Miracle Network, The Food Bank of Central and Northeast Missouri, MDA and many local humane societies throughout the mid-Missouri region.
- Maintain work level to achieve 100%+ of monthly and quarterly goals
- Work a minimum of M-F 8-5, plus occasionally attend evening and weekend events
- Meet the weekly required minimum of 15 face-to-face calls with clients & prospects
- Attend all required weekly meetings as shown in personalized plan, both internally and with clients
- Actively prospect (phone and face to face) while servicing and building relationships with existing clients, 70% of your work week will be face-to-face interaction
- Conduct Customer Needs Analysis with clients and prospects to create solutions
- Build customize proposals by researching client industries and companies
- Input orders and production requests in a timely manner
- Collect funds from clients in a timely manner
- Work closely with creative team to develop strategic campaigns
A self motivated, confident, competitive professional, who has a desire to learn, grow and win while earning a high income in a fun environment, successful candidates should be passionate problem solvers who enjoy and take pride in helping clients grow their business by offering creative solutions.
- Proven experience at multi-tasking in a fast paced and changing environment while meeting goals and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written with the ability to present to potential clients, often in a group
- Adaptability in working with and building long term relationships with a variety of businesses
- Ability to utilize strong listening skills, knowledge and curiosity to seek the best solutions for clients
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word
- Proven networking skills with the ability to attend events to improve business relationships
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Professional appearance required
- Able to provide transportation to meet weekly required meetings with valid drivers license
- Excellent time management skills
- Prefer a 4 year degree in applicable field
- Excellent benefits including a 401K, medical packages including optional dental and vision.
- Vacation accrual from day 1, can earn 3 weeks after 5 years
- 6 paid holidays
- On going training both in group meetings and individual one-on-one support
- Recognition awards
Please email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Zimmer Radio & Marketing Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Sirius XM Satellite Radio Customer Account Manager
Work Happy, Live Happy, Free Music!
Do you love music and want to work in a fun atmosphere with great people? InfoCision has partnered with Sirius XM Satellite Radio to handle their inbound and outbound call centers.
All employees receive free Sirius Satellite Radio!
In addition to free tunes, you will receive:
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Weekly Pay Checks PLUS Bonus
- Flexible Schedules after 6 weeks
- Benefits available for full and part time
- Fun Professional Environment
- Fitness Center and On-site Physician
- Listening and communication skills
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality
- Computer skills
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- 18 years of age with the ability to pass a background check
2-Way Radio Sales Representative
Hours of operation: 7 am to 3:30 pm Mon-Friday
Sales experience is a must!!!!
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Good customer relation skills with professional presentation
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Promoting Product
- Sales Orders
- Processing customer needs to sell communication equipment
- Data entry
- Control inventory
Full benefits after 60 days include vision, dental, health, and life insurance.
Vacation and sick leave after 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
Microwave Radio Technician
Microwave Radio Technician
EasTex Tower, Inc. is actively looking to add new members to our exciting and growing Team. We are currently seeking Microwave Radio Technicians (Level I, II, & III) for our Colorado Springs, CO location and our Longview, TX location. We would prefer 5+ years’ experience (less will be considered for Level I or Level II position). Successful candidates can look forward to an energetic, family atmosphere in a very prosperous and growing industry.
· Health Insurance with HSA
· Vision Insurance
· Short & Long term Disability
· Life Insurance
· 6 Paid Holidays
· Boot Allowance per year
· Per Diem for Personal Use
· Transportation Provided
· Personal and
Vacation DaysEssential Functions /
· Ability to install, maintain, and trouble shoot licensed and unlicensed M/W radio systems and auxiliary equipment without direct supervision. Possess Licensed OEM Certifications such as Aviat, Nokia, NEC, Ceragon, and others
o Auxiliary equipment includes DSX panels, MUX equipment, routers, patch panels, Wi-max products
· Experience with AC/DC rectifier installations, AC/DC cabling & terminating to radio equipment
· Able to wire wrap up DSX panels, run alarms and punch down to proper color code
· Proficient with test equipment for in the field test and turn up
· Migration of customer traffic to newly installed MW systems
· Bench testing of MW systems before deployment to the field
· Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose DS0, DS1, DS3, OC3, and ethernet circuits. To include troubleshooting these circuits on Legacy equipment such as channel banks and multiplex units.
· Conduct site audits for future installs
· Comply with various customer’s standards of installation
· Effectively communicate with the customer about issues, on site changes, and recommendations in a professional manner
· Must be willing/able to travel and be able to work within a non-structured schedule, i.e., long hours, weekends, etc.
· Conduct the above tasks within OSHA regulations, industry standards and more stringent safety regulations set forth by EasTex Tower LLC
Required Knowledge / Competencies:
· Must have valid Driver’s License and the ability to obtain a DOT physical certification. CDL Class A certification a plus
· Must be able to pass a background check for government security clearances
· Power meters, Spectrum analyzer, OC3 - T1 test sets, and ability to conduct RFC 2544 tests. Any proficiency with the upcoming Y.1564 standard a plus.
· Ability to work with all software programs that communicate with radio equipment.
· IP Configuration & networking skills
· General tower and fall protection safety knowledge and ability to utilize 100% tie off techniques at all times
· Ability to properly inspect and use PPE
· Knowledge of using transits, compass, set azimuths to standard engineering processes
· Antenna alignment tool experience
· Sweep & PIM testing experience. Anritsu gear preferred
· Equipment certifications; forklifts and boom lifts
· Must have complete knowledge on use and care of basic hand tools and power tools
· Must have reliable transportation to and from office location
· Must be willing/able to travel and be able to work within a non-structured schedule, i.e., long hours, weekends, etc.
· Mechanically inclined
· Technically inclined
· Self-Motivated and able to learn efficiently
· Team oriented
· Ability to work with Microsoft Office, load and configure programs, utilize emulator software, and Graphical User Interfaces.
· Knowledgeable of 4x4 vehicles, traversing un-maintained roads, and mountain driving.
Job Related Certifications:
· OSHA 10 or 30
· Competent Climber
· Competent Rescue
· First Aid/CPR
· Basic knowledge and understanding of DOT driver qualifications
Microwave Radio CertificationsSupervisor
Level II & III technicians may be required to be the supervising member of a crew. They have demonstrated a high proficiency level in all tasks related with turnkey microwave radio installations. They have also established a high level of responsibility and accountability for themselves and those under them. Lead technicians are expected to participate, supervise, and oversee all work tasks performed on site, inspecting each phase as required, ensuring the quality of the installation pertaining to radio installation and all other procedures related to the industry. They must have the ability to communicate and interact with customers on site, in an office environment, and on conference calls.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
· Frequent work in adverse weather conditions
· Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, sit, and climb ladders and communication towers and work in an elevated position that is +/- 200 feet.
· Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms
· On a constant basis, employee must lift, carry, and maneuver heavy or awkward objects weighing 75lbs or more.
· Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· Daily travel within the Company’s geographical footprint and possible extended stays at external destinations. Travel time can be anywhere from three to six weeks at a time, with appropriate breaks.
· Frequently required to use hand and power tools
Radio Frequency Engineer
The Radio Frequency Engineer will be responsible for providing direct fleet support in regards to all Satellite Ship/Shore communications to include WSC-6/8 RF systems, EBEM modem, Serial (Timeplex), ATM (PSAX/TNX-1100), and IP (Cisco and Juniper Router) transport as well as Navy Tactical Wide Area Network (NTWAN) troubleshooting via DISA (DATMS and MSPP) transport. In addition, the selected individual will provide Information Assurance System Administration support for ADNS D(v)1, ADNS K(v)1, ADMS, HSGR, NTWAN systems. The role includes providing on the job training and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) development of new systems that are installs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
Active U.S. Top Secret clearance or higher
5+ years experience with Navy C4I Systems
IAT Level 2 Certification, preferable in CCNA, Unix or Windows
Knowledge of shore transport between the Teleport and NCTAMS. (I.E. NTWAN System)
Knowledge of RF transport between Ship and Shore Teleport & NCTAMS (e.g. EBEM modem/CBSP System)
Knowledge of all ADNS variants (I.E. INC 1/2, INC 3)
Knowledge of the Pier architecture for both Legacy and High Speed ships
Radio Traffic Reporter
Wanted at the Honolulu Traffic Management Center
M-F 530am-830am for Traffic News Network.
- 100% Reliable.
- High energy.
- Fast learner.
- Thorough knowledge of Oahu Roads.
- Professional Broadcast experience needed.
- Good writer & fast typist a plus.
HUGE exposure for this Part-time on-air work for the morning drive and likely afternoon drive times 345-545p. A range of approx. 3-6 hours/day M-F. Pay commensurate with background. Please send resume and a mock report on mp3 or WAV file of a ~30 sec and 60 sec.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!