Electrician Research Job Description Sample
About Mountain View
The City of Mountain View is a progressive, full-service city, operating under the Council-Manager form of government. The seven Council Members are elected at-large for four-year terms that are staggered, with elections held in even-numbered years.
Service on the Council is limited to two consecutive full terms, with the ability to run again after a two-year hiatus. Each January, the Council elects one of its members as Mayor and another as Vice Mayor. Assisting the City Council in an advisory capacity is a variety of boards, commissions, and committees.
The Mountain View City Council has a well-earned reputation for taking the lead on challenging regional issues, working together with civility and treating members of the community and City staff with respect. Every two years, the Council adopts priority goals that provide a focus for the organization's workplan and drive progress on important community issues. Council goals for 2017-19 are Protecting Vulnerable Populations, Housing, Transportation and Environmental Sustainability.
The City Council appoints the City Clerk, City Attorney and City Manager, who oversees the departments of Community Development, Community Services, Finance and Administrative Services, Fire, Information Technology, Library, Police and Public Works. The three Council appointees enjoy a close working relationship as part of a highly collaborative, goal-oriented department head team. Mountain View's sound fiscal practices, strong budget discipline, and diversified tax base, have allowed the City to maintain its AAA credit rating.
In fiscal year 2017-18, the City's work in the community is supported by a General Fund budget of $128 million and just over 600 employees. The City staff has established the following organizational values that guide City work:
Provide exceptional service
Act with integrity
Treat others with respect
The Community We Serve
Located between the Santa Cruz Mountains and the San Francisco Bay, Mountain View is just over 12 square miles in the center of Silicon Valley (10 miles north of San Jose and 35 miles south of San Francisco). The City is home to approximately 80,000 residents and many internationally known corporations, such as Google, Microsoft, Intuit, and LinkedIn, as well as the NASA Ames Research Park and thriving small business base. While leading the region in innovation and ideas, Mountain View remains committed to the traditional values of strong neighborhoods and resident involvement.
Mountain View prides itself on providing excellent public services and facilities that meet the needs of a caring and diverse community in a financially responsible manner. In the heart of the City, Mountain View's historic and active downtown offers a wide range of attractions including a vibrant restaurant and shopping scene, cultural events, concerns and a weekly farmer's market. The Civic Center, built around Pioneer Park, has one of the finest performing arts facilities in Northern California, as well as a 60,000 square foot state-of-the-art Library.
Mountain View is made up of a variety of distinct, locally organized neighborhood and homeowners associations that help identify our community's needs and shape the City's future.
Mountain View's City parks and extensive trail system provide an array of opportunities for recreation and active living, Shoreline-at-Mountain View is a regional park with stunning views along San Francisco Bay, featuring an 18-hole golf course, sailing lake and 9.35 miles of trail.
With so much to offer, it is not surprising that in 2017 Niche.com ranked Mountain View #8 in the Best Places to Live in California.
Come Work With Us!
View all openings
Apply for Job Interested
500 Castro Street Mountain View, 94041
10.18.2018 JA Utilities Electrician.pdf
Electrician Manufacturing, All Shifts
ACCO Brands, Home of GREAT Brands built by GREAT People, is one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion.
We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technicians to join our Maintenance Team on all Shifts in our Bindery and Board Mfg areas in Booneville, MS.
This position offers a competitve hourly rate plus a shift differential. We also offer outstanding benefits, paid vacation, and an excellent working environment. The employee that joins our team is immediately eligible to sign up for our GREAT benefits package.
The chosen candidate will diagnose trouble, plan, and perform all operations necessary to modify, dismantle, repair overhaul, and rebuild all types of very difficult and complicated machine tools, plant machinery, and equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
Installs, removes, repairs, overhauls, and tests electrical equipment, both alternating and direct current.
Performs installation, removal and repair of a wide range of electrical equipment such as power circuits, lighting systems, switch gear, transformers, starters, controllers, capacitors, production equipment, power and control equipment. Performs mechanical work and electrical work on equipment.
Works to meet current electrical codes and company policy and practices.
Selects proper wire size, conduit sizes, breakers and fuse sizes for equipment and projects.
Experience troubleshooting, diagnoses, maintaining, and corrects/repairs pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical equipment in an industrial setting.
Ability to perform preventative and corrective maintenance in a team atmosphere.
Ability to read electrical schematics, hydraulic, pneumatic and piping diagrams.
Ability to research parts, drawings, diagrams and schematics.
Able to work alone and in a team environment.
Machine rebuild, welding, cutting, and fitting experience
Machine leveling, alignment, and installation
Experience using calipers, indicators, micrometers, multi-meter
Ability to use shop equipment: such as sanders, drill press, mills, lathe, crane, and forklift
Knowledgeable on air compressors and balancing compressed air systems
Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area.
Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action to fix equipment as needed.
Work overtime as required.
Perform other related duties as may be required.
Bachelors in Industrial Maintenance or Engineering preferred.
Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance required.
Proficient with electrical power controls (PLC) experience preferred.
2 + years of relevant experience in manufacturing maintenance environment required.
Must be able to perform all physical demands of the position including bending, stooping, reaching, walking continuously, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Communicate effectively in a professional manner (verbally and written.)
Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, written correspondence, memos, and have the ability to write simple correspondence.
Must be able to perform basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Basic PLC programming and troubleshooting skills required.
Basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair skills required.
Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
Electrically safe safety shoes are required
Responsible to provide own basic tools for mechanical and electrical work.
Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools required.
Working knowledge of computers required.
Experience with Computerized Maintenance Systems (COGZ) preferred.
Basic skills with a mill, lathe and welder preferred.
Local Candidates Only
Working Conditions: Time is spent on the factory floor in a factory environment. Personal safety equipment could include safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes and electrical safety arc flash personal protective equipment. Building is temperature controlled but would be exposed to heat, cold, humidity, machine noises, and is in the proximity of moving machine parts.
Equal Opportunity EmployerACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
|JOB TITLE:||Electrician||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
The Electrician, under the direction of a Supervisor; install, maintain and identify faults and repair electrical wiring and computer-based equipment in motor vehicles and related equipment including but not limited to, busses, coaches, trolleys, trams and railway cars.
- Work with computer-controlled engine management and other systems.
- Service, identify and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection, electronic ignition, anti-lock braking, cruise control, automatic transmission, air bags and air conditioning
- Install electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators and starter motors in vehicles
- Install electrically operated accessories such as radios, security cameras, heating or demisting equipment, air conditioners, driving lamps and anti-theft systems
- Use meters, test instruments and circuit diagrams to find electrical faults
- Adjust engine control systems and timing to make sure vehicles are running at peak performance
- Test, recondition and replace faulty alternators, generators, starter motors and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries
- Repair or replace faulty ignition, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches
- Use hand tools, specialized electrical tools and instruments and machines, including drills, grinders, presses and lathes
- Solder or weld when repairing electrical parts
- Install, repair and service air conditioning systems
- Additional cross-functional duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years as an Automotive Electrician or equivalent education from trade school
- Must have experience working with 12v to 24v systems
- Ability to crimp and solder
- Experience with basic hand held tools, digital voltmeter, oscilloscopes and other MT& E
- Ability to work under pressure under strict deadlines
- Communication both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physical and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
MAJOR DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years’ industrial electrician experience
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of facility machinery.
- Installs new equipment as required.
- Understanding the term mechatronics and how to implement the process
- Studio 5000 knowledge a plus
- Program, troubleshoot PCS’s
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery.
- Troubleshoots and repairs facility machinery.
- Diagnoses and takes corrective action and recommend improvements to equipment and processes in order to achieve optimum line efficiency.
- Completes daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Communicates with operators and participate in improvement teams.
- Maintains and secures work tools.
- Cleans and maintains work area.
- Turns off and locks out equipment when not in use.
- Follows company policies and safety programs.
- Performs all duties in compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager or designee.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Advanced skills required in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, plumbing & piping systems, or PLC programming.
- Basic welding skills beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with all levels of the company.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery, equipment and computers.
- Must be able to work as part of a team on large projects requiring coordination between engineering, vendors, and other maintenance staff.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
- Work involves frequent lifting of materials up to 50 pounds.
- Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; safety glasses, hand protection, hearing protection, respirator/dust mask and work boots.
- Should be capable of getting a California driver’s license and operating a forklift.
Industrial Maintenance Electrician
- Coordinate Production and fellow Maintenance Associates to maximize machine utilization.
- Perform duties in accordance with all Safety Procedures including those mandated by NFPA 70E.
- Utilize electronic test equipment (including computers) as well as schematics and technical manuals.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair production and building equipment.
- Communicate and document troubleshooting efforts as well as recommend solutions to the problem.
- Qualified candidates will have 2-year technical degree or equivalent certification
- 5 years experience in industrial electronics system installation, troubleshooting, and repair of Allen Bradley PC, AC, and DC drives.
- Servo Drive experience preferred as well.
Electrician Level II
|Installs, maintains and repairs equipment, building utility systems, electrical controls, heating & ventilating, physical structure and grounds are also responsibilities of this department to provide uninterrupted service. Service including fuses and disconnects for electrical 110v-480v troubleshooting, to include discharge of capacitors and servicing 6K spark igniters, motor repair/replacing, pumps, pneumatics, welding with mig and stick. Building maintenance and repair, preventative maintenance. PLC experience a plus but not required. Willing to be Certified in First Aid/CPR/AED. Functions as first responder to plant emergencies which may include fire, anhydrous ammonia, nitrogen, and oil releases.|
|Essential Duties &|
|Serves as electrician in repairing electrical malfunctions and installing new equipment; may work as a plumber/pipe fitter in assembling, installing and repairing pipes, fittings, and fixtures for heating, water, and sewer systems, and in opening clogged drains; acts as a carpenter in the alteration, repair, and maintenance of building fixtures and furnaces; will maintain tools and furnaces in good condition and use all tools carefully and as instructed; performs preventative maintenance on equipment and prepares accurate records; performs such other duties as may be assigned. Electrical 110v-480v troubleshooting, motor repair/replacing, pumps, pneumatics, welding with mig and stick. Building maintenance and repair. PLC experience a plus but not required. Will be expected to successfully complete all (currently 26) work instruction programs. Must be licensed and certified fork lift truck operator.|
|3-5 years minimum Industrial Maintenance experience. To include but not limited to, electrical 110v-480v troubleshooting, motor repair/replacing, pumps, pneumatics, welding with mig and stick. Building maintenance and repair, preventative maintenance. PLC, ISO 9001:2015|
Navy Electrician / Navy Mechanic
Note: Only applicants who are authorized to work for any US Employer will be considered, no sponsorship.
Mission Critical Data Center Facility Technician - NYC
NAVY NUCLEAR / NAVY NUKE / NAVY MECHANIC / NAVY ELECTRICIAN PREFERRED
We are looking for an EMN, MMN, or ETN to transition into a Data Center Power Systems Engineer to support critical data center clients. This Critical Facility Field Engineer will be responsible for creating, implementing and supporting critical power solutions for their customers’ equipment keeping compliance with contractual commitments, directing technical and administrative tasks related to the operation of the critical facility infrastructure and assuring compliance with company’s policies and procedures. The Data Center’s that they support are 24x7x365 a year operations which require solutions that create 99.999 % uptime.
- Troubleshoot and Run Diagnostics, Conduct Preventive Maintenance and Emergency Repairs on Critical Facilities Equipment within the Data Center as specified and on schedule.
- Participates in the preparation of analyses and reports on the data center infrastructure, develops project plans and conducts briefings and presentations
- Operate and perform annual service on a variety of state of the art critical systems, including but not limited to; medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, paralleling switchboards, UPS, PDU, mechanical heat rejection systems, computer room air handlers, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring systems.
- Ensures that operational, maintenance and emergency methods of procedure (MOP’s and SOP’s) are developed and strictly adhered to.
- Review schematics and one line diagrams in the event of servicing equipment within the facility
- Application assistance to design engineers and architects
- 6 years + of relevant data center / critical facility / Navy Nuclear experience (experience with critical power, electrical and mechanical equipment including generators, critical and essential PDU’s, UPS, switchgear, ATS (Automatic Transfer Switches), SCADA Systems, chillers, Air handling units, computer grade cooling systems, DC Power Systems, and building monitoring/control systems)
- Type of Navy Experience - Navy Nuke Trained / Naval Nuclear Training
- EMN - Electricians Mate (Nuclear Trained)
- ETN - Electrical Technician (Nuclear Trained)
- MMN - Machinist Mate (Nuclear Trained)
- Nuclear-trained MMs, EMs and ETs perform duties in nuclear propulsion plants operating reactor control, propulsion and power generation systems. The NF provides opportunities to work closely with specialists in the nuclear, technology, and engineering fields; reactor operator of a naval nuclear propulsion plant. The Navy is the leader in the development and safe operation of nuclear power plants and provides the most comprehensive technical education available in the Nuclear Field. This experience is uniquely transferable and can applied to data center facility operation positions that equates to high salaries as well as leadership roles within the critical facilities market.
- New and exciting career opportunities await the select group of people who possess nuclear knowledge and know-how, gained through Navy training.
- Critical Facility Power & Critical Facility Cooling Experience.
- Data Center Operations Experience a plus
- Must have the technical knowledge and practical experience of operating, troubleshooting and maintenance of Mission Critical Mechanical and/or Electrical Support Systems.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 11287409 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Peter Kazella & Associates Inc / Pkaza is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.
Electrician -- Commercial Solar
At MaxGen Energy Services (maxgen.com) our Mission is to be the Industry Leader in providing Safe, Professional, and Reliable Operations & Maintenance Services to our Nation’s Clean Energy Infrastructure.
Our company has a nationwide footprint and provides central operations and field maintenance services to hundreds of asset owners in the United States. MaxGen currently manages some of the largest operating solar fleets in the country and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
MaxGen also has significant experience with the development, design, installation, and maintenance of electric vehicle service equipment (EVSE) and battery energy storage systems (BESS). As an OEM service provider to many manufacturers, MaxGen has amassed industry-leading experience with EVSE and BESS installations.
This combined experience and expertise brings our customers unparalleled service, asset performance, and strong partnership in the long-term care and operation of their energy asset portfolios
We are looking for highly skilled electricians interested in the field of renewable energy, specifically photovoltaic systems, electric vehicle charging stations and energy storage systems. Applicant should be able to deliver high quality, consistent and competent work in electrical construction in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures. Including, but not limited to full system installation, commissioning, maintenance, system performance evaluation and troubleshooting. Additionally, a strong understanding of the fundamentals of electricity and sound troubleshooting skills are required.
To ensure all that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel or environment
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
Review project plans, specifications & installation instructions to ensure that the project is built according to the approved design and specifications
Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job-site, lead daily safety meetings, properly fill out JHA & LOTO documentation.
Responsible for quality assurance for all work performed by the crew
Communicate with internal and external customers as required
Commission PV systems, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations.
Generate service specific reports using Microsoft word and excel to present to the customer as a professional document.
Education and Experience
A minimum of 2 yrs. experience in construction of commercial or industrial solar electrical systems
OSHA 30 training
Ability to work independently and lead small crews
Focused on efficiency and removing labor hours from tasks or projects
Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
Willing to travel on short notice
Skills and Experience
Demonstrable commitment to safety
Confident, ability to work on own initiative and resourcefulness to complete all assigned tasks
Has a desire to learn and develop within the role
- 25% of travel required
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain & snow.
- Job requires employee to have required personal tools with them at all times.
- Perform work at various heights up to 50’, working from ladders, bucket trucks, scaffolding, catwalks, aerial lifts or other safe working platforms.
- Work in restricted areas like trenches or switchgear rooms and infrequently like manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attic spaces, etc...
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat and safety glasses at all times.
- Each job site may be different, and must be accessed individually.
- Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands and fingers
- Able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, overtime and night shifts as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
MaxGen is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Electrician - Journeyman
Calray Electric, Inc. has an opening for a State of California certified Journeyman Electrician for projects in the Southern California Region. There is an immediate need for journeymen in the San Diego area. Calray Electric, Inc. works in the Southwest region, with a primary focus in San Diego and Los Angeles counties.
This position will be paid at a prevailing wage rate, determined by the Federal Government, when working on site. Benefits include a Pension Plan, Medical and Dental insurance.
Responsibilities include reading blue prints, ordering materials, communicating with management personnel requirements and scheduling issues, and the demolition, installation and troubleshooting of electrical items not limited to: bending pipe and conduit, running wire, installing devices and lighting.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs work required for the construction and installation of electrical systems for commercial and industrial work projects
- Performs work of a skilled variety demanding a high degree of manual and technical competency
- Repairs malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring
- Tests electrical equipment, such as, motors, heaters and controls for safety and efficiency using standard test equipment and by observing functions
- Installs fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment
- Inspects circuits for specified shielding and grounding
- Install feeders
- Wire and conduit sizing
- Switchgear and device installation and termination
- Underground layout and rough-in
- Motors and controls troubleshooting
- Work responsibly using personal and company supplied tools and equipment
- Performs all job duties following all established safety standards
- Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test equipment
- Maintains a “can do” attitude that is broadcast to those they influence
- Active State of California Journeyman license.
- OSHA 10 Safety Certification.
- Ability to sustain considerable physical effort at frequent intervals
- Stand, stoop, kneel, bend, and lift/carry up to 50lbs 100 feet
- Ability to climb ladders
- Work in extremes of temperature cold/heat
- Work around dirt, dust and other construction environs
- Use basic hand and power tools as required
- Able to supply their own personal tools per established tool list
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and Foreman in English
- Able to read instructions and follow safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check for access to DoD facilities.
- Must be able to travel.
Location(s): Charlotte, NC
The Maintenance Electrician will be embedded at a client site located in Charlotte, NC. He/She will be responsible for, but not limited to: general plant electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs and upgrading electrical equipment; installation and repair of process control valves, pumps, level switches, photo eyes, flow, level, pressure and temperature transmitters; and working with Project Managers on installations and commissioning. This person needs to be able to work independently as well as with a team. The majority of the work is general plant electrical maintenance working with 24vdc, 120vac-480vac.
- AS degree or equivalent years of experience
- 2-5 years’ experience troubleshooting, repairing and upgrading electrical equipment
- Knowledge & experience troubleshooting and maintaining production equipment
- Experience calibrating instruments (pressure, flow, temperature, etc. using 0-10v, 4-20mA)
- Experience working with pneumatic valves
- Experience troubleshooting 3 phase power circuits
- Experience working with VFD’s
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Eye for detail
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually
- Must be able to meet physical requirements: able to lift and carry 50 lbs. Frequently utilizes mobile lifts and works in high elevated positions.
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read electrical drawings.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to learn new systems.
- Working knowledge of PLC I/O modules and wiring requirements.
- Ability to interact and deal directly with customer while representing A&E Engineering, Inc. in a professional manner.
- Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate knowledge, skills and competencies, along with examples of previous work.
- Travel: up to 0-10%
- Must be willing and able to work some weekends and holidays, as required for shutdowns.
- Must be willing to work "on call" rotation for emergency support of the site.
- Client will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening, without needing company sponsorship.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. The background screening is a requirement of our clients and therefore a business necessity.
Client offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision; Health Savings Account; LT & ST Disability; 401(k); Paid Holidays, Sick & Vacation
Client is an equal opportunity employer.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!