Electrician Research Job Description Sample
High Voltage Electrician - Naval Research Laboratory (Sc)
Posted Date 9/1/2017
An established Prime Federal Contractor is seeking skilled trades talent for ongoing support of its Client, NAVFAC Washington, at various locations.
The following position is one of many assignments for this Client.
High Voltage Electrician
This assignment requires a Secret Clearance. Candidates MUST have an active Secret Clearance
This is a rotating shift assignment (1st, 2nd, 3rd, swing). Only Candidates willing to work rotating shifts will be considered.
High Voltage Electrician:
- From work orders and wiring diagrams, inspects, tests, adjusts, repairs and installs high voltage systems and equipment such as circuit breakers, disconnect switches, transformers, grounding systems, poles (metal and wood), relays, lightening arrestors, cathodic protection systems, street and floodlight systems, power supplies and emergency generators.
- Installs and maintains overhead and underground distribution lines. Splices cables, forms and seals cable joints, bends and grounds cable. Installs wire or cable transmission lines from power plant or public utility supply point to buildings, substation, and other locations of transformation or use.
- Climbs poles or works from overhead platforms to string overhead wire. Sets proper wire tension or sag in accordance with strength and weight of wire, length of span, and wire contraction and expansion under temperature changes. Uses block and tackle, hoists, winches, or other lifting and pulling equipment as necessary, and directs assisting laborers or helpers. Attaches wire to insulators on poles or cross arms. Where necessary, erects new poles and cross arms, directing assisting laborers or helpers in digging holes, setting poles, and installing guy wire and other supports. Required to climb high wood poles, high steel poles, and high steel structures (up to 200 feet high) to replace light bulbs and occasionally to install lights and fixtures on overhead lines.
- Runs wire or cable in conduit or lays protected cable in trenches. Installs transformers, capacitors, insulators, lightening arrestors, switches, circuit breakers, fuses, meters, and other accessories used in connection with main transmission lines.
- Installs street lighting circuits and fixtures. Installs circuits in accordance with specified phasing, series, or parallel hook-up requirements.
- Locates breakdowns and trouble spots on transmission lines by line inspection, power failure reports, and use of various electrical testing instruments.
- Contractor is expected to work 2300kv and 13.200kv "hot" with rubber gloves and sleeves, both out of bucket truck and in climbing hooks.
- Contractor must determine the nature of maintenance or repair needed, plan work sequences and select tools and materials needed. Contractor is responsible for knowing and judging the effects of alterations on the total system and ensuring that lines and equipment function properly. Contractor is responsible for observing proper safety precautions and completing work in accordance with industry standards.
All information for work orders, assets, specifications, and condition assessments is captured in the NAVFAC's MAXIMO - therefore, candidates must be able to learn and utilize this software platform.
Emergency/On-Call: may be required to respond to job related emergencies, within 1 hour of notification.
• A valid state commercial driver's license is required.
• Three years experience at the Journeyman Electrician performance level
• Three years experience servicing and repairing High Voltage electrical distribution systems
• Current CPR certification required to start work.
Exerts moderately heavy physical effort. Works aloft on poles, at ground level, in trenches and manholes. Required to walk, climb, crawl, kneel, stoop, bend, push, and pull. Works from ladders and scaffolds. Must have the ability to distinguish color and shades of color. At times, works in awkward positions and restricted spaces where coordination of hands, legs, and body are needed to perform tasks.
Works outside most of the time, both above and below ground, in close proximity to high voltage lines and equipment. Subject to high voltage shocks and burns.
Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.Additionally, you may also call Human Resources at: , ext.101 for assistance.
Software Powered by iCIMS
SJS Executives dba FPC of Hampton Roads is a Virginia SWaM certified ( Certification # 677872), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) (Certification # P) and minority owned business dedicated to providing permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing services to private, government and military agencies.
We would welcome the opportunity to partner and earn the right to work with you on your permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing needs. With our focused, proven process, we will provide the best talent for the job.
Electrician / Electrician Foreman
ELECTRICIAN / ELECTRICAL FOREMAN for electrical contractor located just South of Boston. Projects are commercial/industrial, small to medium in size (work crews of 2 to 8 people), and located within a 50 mile radius of office location in Norwell. Candidate must be capable of managing daily labor flow, job materials, and change orders. COMPENSATION package starting ABOVE $35.00/hr. Full benefits package available. Please send resume via EMAIL or fax to 781-878-4878.
Machine Tool Electrician / Industrial Electrician
StreamlineHR is seeking Machine Tool Electricians / Industrial Electricians in the Greater Charlotte, NC area. Full-time opportunity w/competitive pay.
Machine Tool Build Electrician
· Assembly, installation, build, and test electrical wiring of panels and machines.
· Planning layout & installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based specifications, blueprints/schematics and codes.
· Ability to wire circuit breakers, transformers, and additional components of automation equipment & machinery.
· Electrical panel build experience a plus.
· Update schematics for design changes for appropriate engineering updates to new equipment electrical build.
· Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
· Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors, for equipment build.
Electrician - Residential Electrician
Pacific Coast Electricians , 5 star rated company has immediate opening for a highly motivated service technician. Stop looking for a job and find the corporation that creates top paid careers . You'll work with a great team of guys who take pride in delivering the most efficient, highest quality customer experiences in residential electrical repair and installation. We are 99% residential service/existing homes with a little commercial. This position is ideal for someone immediately seeking long-term employment. If you are a self-motivated individual with 3-5 years experience and great work ethic and the personality to help with customer satisfaction, and you want to work with fun people then we would love to get to know you!
Want one good reason to work with Pacific Coast Electricians?
We'll give you 9!
- We're 5 star rated
- We instituted on going training
- We offer 100% satisfaction to our clients ..and we prove it every day
- We pay our tech industry top pay
- we have breakfast every morning
- company van
- paid holidays
- great company parties
- ...and we're nice people too!
Pacific Coast Electricians is a 5 star rated company . While addressing common residential electrical problems is certainly our forte, at Pacific Coast Electricians, we do much more than simply repair and replace electrical panels, breakers, receptacles, and house wiring and rectify other common electrical issues. We also have the expertise to help residents in San Jose, CA, and throughout California’s South Bay and Silicon Valley areas improve their homes with the latest and greatest technological advancements. From home automation systems to customized internal or external lighting to backup power generators, our team is fully capable of installing a wide range of electronic equipment and electricity-dependent devices that can enhance a residence. Plus, we can even provide electrical wiring for the surround-sound systems in home theaters, as well as the charging units for a variety of electric vehicles (EV).
In all that we do at Pacific Coast Electricians, we strive for excellence. Our ultimate goal is to leave our clients entirely satisfied with the electrician services we perform, and we go to great lengths to ensure we achieve that contentment. For starters, we’ll arrive at your home and be ready to begin working within two hours of scheduling service. Additionally, we require each of our electrical contractors to receive upwards of 200 hours of training each year to stay on the cutting edge of the latest technologies and industry-specific best practices. And, on every project we complete, we provide a lifetime workmanship warranty and a limited lifetime parts warranty, allowing you to have peace of mind knowing that we’re standing firmly behind the work we’ve performed.
Journeyman Electrician / Apprentice Electrician
We are looking to fill 2 journeyman and 2 apprentice electrician positions for a very reputable and long standing company in Utah County. Most of the work would be in Utah County for the next two years, and there is enough stable work with this company to be able to have employment with them very long term. Very competitive rates, and benefits. Please reach send your updated resume as soon as possible.
Pay is based on experience and Utah Certified Licences
Trent - Senior Recruiter
Electrician / Electrician Helper
Electricians and helpers with swimming pool wiring experience wanted. Hard work, outside, good pay. Paid vacation, paid holidays, 401K, after vesting period, career advancement and apprentice school available. Only hard working motivated individuals need respond.
Journeyman Electrician And Electrician Apprentices
Hiring Electricians for current and upcoming work in the Martinsburg/Winchester area.
- Weekly pay, health care, 401(k), tuition reimbursement
- 1+ years of experience in electrical
- Ability to use hydraulic and hand conduit benders to neatly install conduit systems
- Ability to follow electrical code manuals to install and repair electrical systems
- Understand schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications required by our client
- Experience working with hand tools, power tool and electronic test equipment
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Drug free at all times
Electrician Or Journeyman Electrician
LICENSED ELECTRICIAN OR JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN
Valid Texas electrical license is required.
Oilfield, industrial, commercial electrical experience.
Ability to think independently, troubleshoot, supervise and teach apprentice
Physically able to lift equipment and fulfill all physical tasks associated with job
Submit to and pass pre-employment and random drug testing
Lives close to Odessa/Midland area or surrounding townships
Job Tasks will include but are not limited to:
Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools, power tools and heavy equipment. Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components. Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair and final Connections, ensure compliance with codes, general electrical circuit knowledge, pipe bending experience; Must know how to pull wire; provide emergency/unscheduled repairs to facilities and/or locations when on call. Ability to work indoors and outdoors year round; Valid drivers license and approval on company insurance required. Willing to work out of town with per diem basis when requested.Knowledge
Knowledge of materials, methods, formulas and the tools involved for initial installation or repair of motors, machinery, oilfield pump units, pumps, SWD's or other structures
Licensed Electrician who has constructed, serviced, and troubleshot customer locations for 3 years.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Electrical: minimum 3 years running electrical service truck and supervising apprentice.
Required license or certification: Apprentice Electrician or
Journeyman ElectricianJob Type:
- Apprentice Electrician (3 yrs running truck w/ apprentice) or Journeyman Electrician
Required license or certification:
- Apprentice Electrician or Journeyman
- Valid Texas Driver's License
Licensed Journeyman Electrician -Journeyman Electrician Jobs Omaha, NE
We are currently seeking a Licensed Journeyman Electrician!
Join the Midwest’s Leader in lighting service and lighting upgrades! As an established and growing provider of energy efficient lighting systems, we are looking for hardworking Licensed Journeyman Electricians to join our team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Install and repair electrical equipment and light fixtures.
- Install various types of raceway and conduit systems.
- Troubleshoot low voltage control systems.
- Perform routine maintenance on electrical wiring and systems.
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes.
- Must have a State of Nebraska Journeyman License, Class A.
- Previous experience in electrical installations.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics, blueprints and manuals.
- Must have experience with electrical equipment and hand tools.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills including troubleshooting, job layout, and the ability to keep other personnel on task and motivated.
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license, a clean driving record and be willing to travel during the week.
Benefits include full time hours, competitive wages, health insurance, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, educational assistance, 401K plan, paid holidays and vacation.
Go to our website to learn more about us!
Our services include interior and exterior lighting maintenance, sign installation and service, vinyl graphics and advertising, electrical service, night/day lighting inspection services, security lighting, parking lot lighting, petroleum site conversions, energy saving lighting upgrades, sales of name-brand bulbs and ballasts and recycling and disposal of hazardous lighting materials.
Journeyman Electrician – Journeyman Electrician Jobs Omaha, NE
Journeyman Electrician And Apprentice Electrician
Are you an experienced Journeyman or Apprentice looking for a steady, full-time job?
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!