Electrifier Operator Job Description Sample
Asphalt Paver Operator / Screed Operator
The position should have extensive knowledge of paving operations, equipment, quality control measures, and standard procedures. Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs to the highest customer satisfaction.
- Perform paver pre-check including all fluid levels per checklist before starting
- Work with screed operator for paver set up and set up automatic controls to ensure straight consistent joints on both sides – It's imperative to create clean lines.
- Maintain production rates and paver speed for highest quality optimizing trucking, rolling and finishing.
- Communicate any issues, concerns or problems to paving foreman throughout the shift.
- Assist paving crew with quality control corrections while mat is still hot and clean up between trucks or during breaks in paving.
- Check all manholes and water valves after paving to ensure they are turned up to proper grade and properly cleaned during that shift
- Post Shift – Clean paver and job, breakdown or stage the machine in designated locations.
- Train and cross train crew members as requested.
- Perform all paving aspects as needed
- Work as a team
- Experience preferred but not mandatory. We will train if needed
- Must be available to work on Saturday and Sundays as well as work overtime during the paving season
- Ability to be self-motivating, dependable, a team player, and perform duties with little supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and more.
- Must have valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to and from work sites.
Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator
We are seeking a Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
Ability to use tape measurer, calipers, micrometers for precise measurements matching print specifications.
Fabrication of piece parts as per schematic under supervision of a Lead.
Ability to read blueprints and program machining equipment to produce required parts
Ability to use metal working manipulation machinery (brake, shear, saw, punch etc.).
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning machining equipment.
Maintain equipment in good working order and notify the Lead of malfunctions.
Perform all duties in accordance with safety program standards.
Organize department and keep department clean.
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning new equipment.
Inspect equipment to ensure good working order and notify your Lead of malfunctions.
Notify the Lead of any unsafe conditions, practices and/or procedures observed.
Other duties as required.
This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies (i.e. respiratory protection) must be adhered to at all times while visiting, touring and/or working in the shop. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time while working
Must be able to bend to reach low
Must be able to carry, lift, and transport equipment/material weighing up to 30 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
3 years min of experience in Press Brake Operations
Experience with all safe practices, procedures, and overall processes associated with manufacturing from raw materials to finished product.
Compensation based on experience!
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
2Nd Press Operator / Feeder Operator
Vision Graphics is a mid-sized, privately owned Denver printing, direct mail and marketing services company. We are seeking a qualified candidate for an opening in our pressroom. We are looking for an energetic go-getter who seeks opportunities for growth in his or her career. The ideal candidate is a team-player, seeking an opportunity to learn, develop and advance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist First Press Operator in the set up and efficient operation of 8-color HUV, 40” Komori sheetfed press – ensuring on-time, high quality and quantity.
- Read and understand the department schedule, job ticket and specifications.
- Work with Receiving to stage materials for print jobs using a pallet jack or forklift.
- Load printing plates for next job.
- With First Press Operator, use computer systems to setup and calibrate print jobs.
- Inspect materials and products for defects, and to ensure it meets job specifications.
- Assist First Press Operator in making adjustments, performing maintenance, making minor repairs to the equipment, and keeping press area clean and organized at all times.
- Work with management and press team to set, measure and achieve productivity goals.
- Must be available for required overtime based on business needs.
- Must be proactive with completing other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience as a press feeder operator, second press operator or pressman.
- Must be a motivated self-starter and eager to learn, grow, and seek future promotion.
- Must be organized, mechanically inclined, and be able to maintain attention to detail.
- Must be patient and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be able to follow instructions, be teachable, and able to multi-task.
- Must have basic knowledge of and be comfortable with computers and software.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and re-stack up to 50 lbs throughout a work shift.
This is a full-time, regular position. Benefits include paid vacation, health and dental insurance, and 401(k). Pre-employment screening required.
Operator / Operator Trainee (Off Of I70 And Peoria)
COLORADO Privately-owned Commercial Printer has immediate openings at both of its Metro Denver locations. We are a leading commercial web printer in the Western U.S. providing print and fulfillment services to catalogues & specialty magazine customers across the nation. Reply today to work in a fast-paced print manufacturing environment. WE OFFER OUTSTANDING BENEFITS.
We are currently hiring for Operator(s). Position is responsible for overseeing, directing and working along-side crew assigned to machine on shift.
Primary Position Duties:
Responsible for team achieving production requirements
Follows proper procedural guidelines
Oversees, directs and is responsible for entire crew assigned to machine on shift
Receives and understands production schedule
Responsible for basic maintenance of machinery
Trains other crew members when needed, passing on knowledge and experience
Follows all safety measures as instructed and makings sure crew does same
Other duties as assigned
Position works 8 hours shifts, Monday – Friday, we have 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available at the I70 and Dahlia Location
Position works 11 or 12 hour shifts, 3 on, 4 off rotating schedule at the Santa Fe and Evans Location
$15.00-$18.00 - DOE
Paid Vacation & Holidays
401(k) after 6 months’ employment and age 21
Qualified applicants must:
Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. as required through the shift and from time to time.
Be able to operate a pallet jack, or be willing to learn
Be able to operate a forklift, or be willing to learn
5+ years of prior Machine Operator experience.
Preferred Qualifications include:
Previous experience operating the following types of machines:
Printing Press Equipment
We take care of every aspect of the project from printing and binding to mailing and shipping, on time and on budget. With over 450 employees, Publication Printers Corp. operates 24/7, using state-of the art technology and equipment. This high level of efficiency allows us to provide top quality at competitive prices.
Our Mission Statement:
Publication Printers Corp. will provide quality, commercial offset web printing at competitive prices meeting or exceeding our customers' expectations.
We will focus on service, honesty and excellence to ensure satisfied and repeat customers.
We will remain focused on technological advancements and integrate them into our manufacturing processes.
We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint. We will consistently offer options to our customers and continue to purchase product from well-managed forests that are produced in an environmentally sound method.
We will provide a safe and supportive environment for our employees. We will offer a workplace that encourages growth and promotes pride in workmanship.
Equipment Operator / Yard Truck Operator
Equipment operator will be responsible for using a Shuttle Truck, also called a Yard Truck or Hostler, to move trailers on the property. These tasks include, but are not limited to safely towing, backing up and parking trailers, as well as moving equipment and general labor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate Shuttle Truck / Yard Truck and other various equipment to move trailers and containers on the facility
- Follow directions of supervisors
- Complete paperwork associated with load instructions (must exhibit a strong attention to detail)
- Understand and comply with safety procedures
- Properly use all of the required personal protection equipment (PPE) required for specific tasks (i.e. hard hats, gloves, reflective vests, safety glasses, etc.)
- Identify abnormal noises and mechanical problems associated with equipment and communicate problems to Foremen and Supervisors.
- Avoid damage to equipment, property, fellow workers and public
- Keeping equipment clean
- Assist with other projects for the company in addition to regular job responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Exhibits strong ability to work as a team with other co-workers
- Complies with safety policies at all times
- Demonstrates hustle and a strong work ethic
- Must be dependable, motivated and possess a positive attitude in working with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works hard to meet deadlines
Essential Physical & Mental Functions:
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude
- Overtime as required to meet deadlines
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which can include hot, cold, and inclement weather, and exposure to dust
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Use of personal protection equipment is required
Machine Operator - Process Operator
Performs basic hand or machine tasks in support of the manufacture and finishing of parts. Follows departmental procedures to successfully and safely complete these tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates assigned machines and/or performs assigned production processes.
- Maintains a safe, clean and uncluttered work area; removes metal chips from machines resulting from cutting processes.
- Performs basic visual inspection to identify obvious cosmetic flaws as well as verifying part compliance against predetermined quality guides or standards by using simple go/no-go gauges, calipers, micrometers, plug gauges, thread gauges, and height gauges.
- Loads and unloads assigned machines; prepares raw materials, follows loading procedures, removes parts from machine, washes and deburrs as necessary, stacks in designated baskets or boxes and delivers completed parts to the next operation.
- Observes machine operation to detect part defects or machine malfunction, reports problems to Lead person or Set-up Personnel.
- Assembles main tubes by using adhesive, tightening and cleaning equipment with assistance from trained operator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Ability to read and effectively communicate in English.
- Demonstrated ability to correctly follow a rule or basic set of rules i.e. following work instructions.
- Ability to use basic shop math.
- Basic input skills with computer applications.
- Demonstrate proficient manual dexterity and superior eye hand coordination.
Sun-Wed 500am-330pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
Mon-Thurs 330pm-200am, $13.75
Mon-Thurs 330pm-200am, $13.75
Thurs-Sat 500am-530pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
Sun-Wed 500am-330pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization, delivering innovative solutions to the challenges employers face every day. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. With locations across the United States, we're well positioned to partner with clients and candidates to ensure a successful match of employee talent with customer needs. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance!
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator
Fast growing, highly regarded leader in the full-service branding industry has an outstanding opportunity for an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who is hard working, reliable, accurate and able to work second shift.
· Are you an impact player who has a sharp attention to detail?
· Are you an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who likes to be challenged on a daily basis?
· Are you a difference maker who likes to work in fast paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines?
If this sounds like you we would like to talk with you about joining our team as an Embroidery Operator/ Machine Operator!
Club Colors is a global brand management solutions provider offering a high quality promotional products and branded apparel at cost effective prices with the highest level of customer service in the industry. Our team invests the time and energy to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations in everything we do. Collectively we are one team that makes a dynamic impact.
We are looking for impact players and difference makers. The Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator should be positive and strong sense of detail. Experience with Tajima Embroidery Machines is a plus but will train the right Embroidery Operator /Machine Operator and offer a salary commensurate with experience.
· Serious Applicants Only
Weed Whacker Operator & Edging/Blowing Operator
Weed Whacker Operator:
-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
-Ability to be responsible and lead crews.
-Proficiently use weed whacker, edger and blow trimmings, & perform other lawn care duties
-Aid in the loading/unloading and daily inspections of trucks and trailers in the AM/PM
-Comply with all company policies and regulations in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulation.
-Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner.
-Good work ethic and the ability to work well with the crew - a team player
Minimum 2-3-year experience in the landscape/construction/grounds maintenance industry.
-Capable of operating required equipment & tools in a safe/responsible manner.
-Time Management skills
-Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools & equipment required to complete various lawn maintenance tasks
These positions have the possibility of becoming year-round - working full time with
our Landscape and Lawn Maintenance Teams during the growing season.
Please contact Chris Atkins President of All American or Kirstyn Smar Office Manager to set up an interview
Pallet Jack Operator - Reach Truck Operator
To obtain employment as an electric pallet jack operator, you should possess a high school diploma or a GED at the very least. You should be pallet jack/forklift/reach truck certified with a minimum 1 year experience. Some experience in warehouse setting will be a plus. You will be required to take and pass a reach truck operation test prior to employment.
Electric Pallet Jack Operator Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Take orders from supervisors for order picking activities
• Assist in loading and unloading items from delivery trucks
• Prepare pallets for handling items appropriately
• Perform pre checks on electric pallet jacks to ensure that they are in proper working order
• Perform minor troubleshooting activities when needed
• Ensure that electric pallet jacks are maintained on a periodic basis
• Pick orders from storage areas and verify the accuracy of order from order sheets
• Count quantity of items asked for by the customer and ensure that any damaged items are isolated and reported to the supervisor immediately
• Operate electric pallet jack to lift and transport items to the labeling and quality control section
• Make sure that all items are boxed and labeled properly
• Transport items to the delivery pallets in a safe and urgent manner
• Make sure that any unusual incidents or accidents are reported to the supervisor immediately
• Ensure that any empty containers are removed from designated locations following a pick task
• Perform a variety of warehousing tasks such as replenishing pick locations
• Perform labeling, sorting and storing of picked products
• Assemble containers and boxes and ensure appropriate maintenance of supplies and equipment
If selected, you will be required to demonstrate that you can successfully operate a reach truck.
- Be interested in long term employment: Our goal is to place a candidate committed to long-term employment
- Be able to pass a drug and background screening
- Have operated a reach truck within the last year
- Have reliable transportation to get to and from work
Two full-time positions are available: times are approximately 8am-4pm or 7pm-3am (which includes a Saturday and 4 weekdays). Starting pay rate is $11/hour. The employee will be evaluated after 90 days; after which the position becomes permanent with benefits.
OUR PROMISE: "We will do everything possible to be a trusted partner, to conduct each search with integrity and to exceed expectations in a professional, courteous and timely manner."
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!