Electronics Design Engineer Job Description Sample
Sr. Power Electronics Design Engineer
Prepare and lead design review meetings
Strong knowledge of electrical and electromechanical materials and components.
Proficient with circuit simulation tools.
Good troubleshooter and problem solver.
Ability to write hardware-software interface requirements.
Desire to operate in an environment with limited guidance, where the engineer exhibits a high degree of control over and accountability for the product design.
Expeience with high current (up to 500A) and high voltage (up to 1000V) designs is preferred.
Education Required for this role:
5-7 years of experience in electronic circuit design
Business Interfaces of the job (Internal Departments/External (i.e. Customers, Consultants etc):
Internal departments, including engineering, sales, quality and manufacturing
Interface with customers as necessary
Electronics Design Engineer - Embedded Systems
The Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
This position is a based in Monroe, North Carolina and is not offering relocation.
Vanguard Pailung is looking to add an electronics design engineer with PCB design experience to join our fast growing team. We are the leader of innovative design and development for the industrial circular knitting industry. We pride ourselves in taking cutting edge concepts and creating revolutionary products that exceed our customer’s needs.
We are looking for an electronics design engineer who is comfortable with engaging in challenging and exciting projects to join our team. The position may have varied responsibilities ranging from electronics design, PCB layout, programming, and testing to documentation, and market research.
- BSEE or equivalent work experience
- The candidate should have a strong knowledge of electronic theory including the functionality of discrete and integrated semiconductors including; Diodes, Transistors, Op amps, Switching supplies and Microprocessors.
- Strong Computer Skills Including; Operating System, hardware, and networking.
- Circuit Design and PCB Layout experience a plus. Altium experience a plus.
- Experience building and troubleshooting electronic circuits.
- Machine code and C programming Experience for embedded devices. Familiarity with Digi International and Microchip pic products a plus.
- Experience working with BOMs.
- Programming Experience.
Electronics Design Engineer
Electronics Design Engineer
We are currently seeking to hire an Electronics Design Engineer. The degreed engineering candidate will have over ten years of experience in a EE role. Familiarity with OrCAD or Altium schematic capture software, PADS Layout software and AutoCAD software for assembly drawings is a plus.
* BSEE and some work experience or ASEE and more work experience
* Knowledge of various I/O interfacing schemes (see below)
* Working knowledge of DACs, ADCs, FIFOs, OP Amps, Comparators, MUXes
* Ability to generate schematics, verify PCB layout is correct and release PCB for
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment
* Experience with ST Micro microcontrollers (ARM-9 & M7)
* Experience with CPLD’s and VHDL
* Knowledge of serial communication interfacing: CAN, IC2, RS232, RS485, SPI, etc.
* Motion Control experience
· Location: Tempe, AZ – No relocation associated with this position
· Compensation: Depends on experience
· Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
· Please, no phone calls about this job!
· Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Integrated Technology Corp. is an Employee Owned dynamic American manufacturer selling to a GLOBAL MARKET. We offer medical insurance, 401K, profit sharing & flexible hours. We are looking for motivated TEAM PLAYERS.
Power Electronics Design Engineer - Senior
Power Electronics Design Engineer - 003WHD
Livermore, CA Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk. Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are currently seeking a Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer to join our team in Livermore, CA. This position will be responsible for the specification, design, implementation, and support of high power utility scale PV inverters and their implementation into PV plants.
Immediate objectives: * Learn about and support existing products and ongoing efforts for inverters ranging from 500kW to 2.2MW * Develop engineering models and test plans to verify electrical, environmental, and functional compliance of the design to its specification
Establish strong relationships with counterparts in other projects and locations
Remain abreast of the latest developments in engineering, especially to guide future development efforts
Candidate Description: * Diligent, organized, and focused in their approach to problem solving and design
Thoughtful individual performer comfortable in a dynamic team
Eager to learn, integrate new concepts, principles, and solutions
Adaptable, but detail oriented and methodical in execution
* Lead specification, design, and development for power electronics and systems design for advanced high voltage, high power inverters and converters
Design, prototype, and develop products via a combination of modeling, implementation, and testing
Specification of power semiconductors, magnetic devices, capacitors, and power drive circuits
Develop innovative control algorithms for advanced power conversion products
Perform root cause analysis of difficult problems and document problem resolution methodologies
Work closely with regulatory team and remaining abreast of the latest developments in engineering and regulatory requirements including UL, CSA, IEC, IEEE, especially to guide future development efforts
Carry design from concept to manufacture, working within a dynamic cross-functional team
Conduct worst case analysis and FMEA to evaluate reliability and ensure there are no product safety/liability concerns.
Create detailed hardware design documentation, tracking product development and providing system design documentation and training
* Master’s, PhD., or demonstrated experience in Power Electronics or Power Systems Engineering * 5+ years related industry experience with power electronics, with a focus on utility scale 3-phase grid-tie inverters, UPS Systems, or drives
In-depth knowledge of various modulation schemes for multi level topologies
Working experience with Matlab/Simulink, PSIM * Must show experience with SiC Semiconductors, IGBTs, MOSFETs
Strong knowledge of gate drive circuits, high power capacitors, and magnetics a must
Demonstrated project awareness and technical leadership skills
Requires strong written and verbal communication skills Schneider Electric Solar Inverters USA, Inc. (“Schneider”) is a world leader in advanced power electronics, and consists of a fast-paced, dynamic, and cross-functional team. We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY. Let us learn about you! Apply today. You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such. Primary Location: US-California-Livermore
Unposting Date:* Ongoing
Req ID:* 003WHD
Principal Power Electronics Design Engineer
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
Experience in developing, capturing, and reviewing system level power requirements
Experience with power supply magnetics design, planar magnetics design experience a plus
Experience with various power levels and frequency ranges, DC/DC and AC/DC power conversion designs (topologies, components, control, packaging, etc.)
Experience with EMC/EMI, thermal stress, and other environmental issues and their impact on design methodology
Experience in the aerospace industry At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement. And that's just for starters. Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
And more Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure! Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Principal Electronics Design Engineer – Firmware
Are you driven by next generation of technology? Do you enjoy the connectivity of technology and how things operate? Do you appreciate a comfortable, breathable, livable home environment? Yes, yes, and yes? Then an Electronics Design Engineer (Firmware) position at Research Products Corporation may be for you! We are a very successful, proactive, growth organization. If you are seeking to bring your talents to a stable company and work within the Electronics Engineering team who takes on challenging ventures with newly emerging and developing technologies, products, and processes, then you won't want to miss this opportunity! Research Products Corporation, parent company of Aprilaire and DriSteem, has led the industry in manufacturing and engineering superior indoor air quality products for over 79 years. As the number one manufacturer of indoor air quality products, we know that smart, accomplished people are the reason for our success. To create the best, we need to be the best and that’s why Research Products/Aprilaire has been designated by InBusiness magazine as one of Madison's Best Companies to Work For and why we are a Worksite Superstar Award Winner and a Bicycle Friendly Business. We offer a rewarding career with growth potential, the ability to make a difference in both your work and community, and the opportunity to work with a fantastic team. Our Competitive Salary and Outstanding Benefits Package includes:
Platinum Rated Health Insurance Plan (The Company covers 80% cost of the premium with a low annual deductible.)
Comprehensive Wellness Program (On-site Health Educator, Fitness Programs, Biking Initiatives Including Indoor Bike Parking, On-site Farm Delivery of Organic Produce, and much more!) + 401k with Company Matching
Profit Sharing - 6% in 2017
Vacation & Holiday Pay
Dental & Vision Insurance
Basic Life Insurance (Employer Paid)
Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability (Employer Paid)
And much, much more! Under the direction of the Corporate Electronics Engineering Director, the Electronics Design Engineer (Firmware) shall carry out engineering projects as assigned and design electronic controls and equipment from concept through production, in accordance with company policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include:
Embedded system Firmware design using SDLC (software design life cycle) principles.
Firmware development using C.
GUI (Graphical User Interface) software development using QT.
Design and development with RTOS including but not limited to Linux, FreeRTOS, µc-OS.
Write application software using object oriented programming languages like C++, VC++.
Develop engineering, quality control and reliability specifications. Design, perform, and document product verification tests. Establish field test programs as needed.
Perform feasibility studies for new products and recommend solutions.
Work with others in Sales and Engineering as a technical resource for electronics.
Support existing products.
Write project status and progress reports.
Stay technically current of new developments in technologies used in our products. What special qualifications will you bring to the Electronics Design Engineer (Firmware) position? The following experience, education, skills, and abilities will serve beneficial to you in being successful in this role. Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science required.
A minimum of four years work experience in the design and development of embedded control firmware.
Two years' of designing with RTOS including but not limited to Linux, FreeRTOS, µc-OS, etc.
One year experience with Linux 2.6 or higher including device drivers, boot loaders and customization. Experience with Yocto distribution is preferable.
Two years of firmware development using C & assembly languages.
One year GUI (Graphical User Interface) software development using QT.
Wireless technologies like Wi-Fi, BLE, Zigbee, and network communication standards like TCP/IP, Modbus, UDP, etc.
Bug tracking system such as JIRA.
Software configuration management tool such as SVN or similar.
Internet of Things (IoT) software and developing API.
Design of analog and digital equipment, interfacing sensors and embedded micro-controllers, using development tools (such as compilers, simulators, and emulators).
Design of high volume (10,000-50,000) electronic assemblies, working with HVAC equipment.
Data acquisition systems, and supervision of technicians. Additional skills and abilities also important in this role include:
Ability to read analog and digital circuits for embedded systems.
Ability to lead cross functional teams.
Demonstrated initiative and ability to complete and manage multiple projects, document work, and communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Authorization to work in the United States required. Pre-employment, post offer drug and background screen are required for all positions. Apply online with your resume. Online applicants only please. www.aprilaire.com/jobs Aprilaire, a Division of Research Product Corporation 1015 East Washington Avenue P.O. Box 1467 Madison, WI 53701-1467 Applicants have rights under federal and state employment laws: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) En Español Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) En Español Wisconsin Family and Medical Leave Act (WFMLA) En Español Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) En Español Aprilaire is an E-Verify company. External Company URL: http://www.aprilaire.com/
Sr Electronics Design Engineer - Switch Mode Power Supplies
Astrodyne TDI is looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer who is hands-on and enjoys working with a multidisciplinary team on the development of innovative products. Our Electrical Engineers design and develop power conversion, power control, and system communication products that are deployed in demanding environments ranging from industrial to military and aerospace. This position will become experts in the applications in which our power converters are deployed and partner with our customers to offer the best possible solution. This person will be responsible for creating the customized end product that meets specified performance, cost and schedule targets while continuing to ensure that customer delivery requirements are met without compromising safety, environmental compliance or quality.
- Manage/develop customized power conversion products based on customer specifications –These products may be AC/DC Rectifiers, DC/DC Converters, DC/AC Inverters, system controllers, etc. - from conception to completion; this involves working closely with Program Management and other departments within an organization such as purchasing, sales, marketing and manufacturing to ensure the electrical product or equipment is completed in accordance to Astrodyne TDI’s quality standards.
- Lead the technical responsibilities of electrical engineering projects - this includes design, development, testing and manufacturing of electrical equipment or products.
- Generation of specifications for new R&D products.
- Use analytical tools such as PSpice and MathCAD to conceptualize the design.
- Preparation of schematic diagrams and BOM part lists.
- Participation on Project Teams with Mechanical and Process Engineers.
- Preparation of component stress documentation charts, MTBF, and DFMEA analyses.
- Work with technicians or individually debugging and testing prototypes.
- Develop Design Verification Test procedures and help with their execution and troubleshooting if issues arise.
- Communicate directly with customers, assuring design alignment with intended application and other goals.
- Participate in the development of junior member of the team by mentor them in the technology, best practices for DFM and work ethics.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline required. 5-10 years of experience is required, experience in designing products for testability & manufacturability along with designing microcontrollers to report to control power electronics is preferred. Must have high frequency magnetic component design and knowledge on best design practices to comply with different EMC standards, along with troubleshooting EMC issues. Extensive knowledge of components utilized in switch-mode power supply design and agency compliance (UL, CSA, VDE, CE) experience. This position requires leadership skills to drive projects to happen on time with the ability to work in a high paced environment.
Due to Military affiliations, we are unable to sponsor candidates who require a Visa. Candidates MUST be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder.
Astrodyne TDI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. Our culture is one that provides opportunities for employee involvement, growth, and development. Astrodyne TDI offers competitive salary, paid time off, robust healthcare benefits, and 401(k).
The Company’s products include power supplies and EMI filters which are utilized in a wide variety of markets including industrial, medical products, semiconductors, consumer appliances, military and aerospace applications. Astrodyne TDI has corporate headquarters in Nashua, NH, with domestic operational headquarters for design and manufacturing in Hackettstown, NJ. In addition to the advanced design and manufacturing center in NJ, we also maintain two wholly-owned facilities in China – one in Shenzhen dedicated to design and production of power supplies, and one in Kunshan devoted to EMI filter design and production.
Our power supply products, built for demanding environments/situations, are found in semiconductor manufacturing equipment, life-saving heart assist devices, medical carts, surgical tools, ion and proton beam steering, oil and gas exploration, in-flight entertainment systems, missile and radar systems, satellite communications systems, electrical vehicles, irrigation systems and test and measurement devices.
Our EMI filter solutions are found in a variety of consumer, industrial and military applications such as exercise/fitness equipment, consumer appliances, test and measurement equipment, telecommunications systems, elevators, renewable energy inverters and various military/aerospace designs. All design and manufacturing locations are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified to ensure the highest quality and consistency of products.
Electronics Design Engineer
- Responsible for new product development, cost reduction initiatives, and sustaining engineering for LED assemblies.
- Responsible for the specification, design, development and testing of LED electronic systems.
- Design work includes circuit design, prototyping, testing and validation.
- Work in a multidisciplinary group to integrate smart electronics into LED systems.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of these electronic components into luminaire systems.
- Responsible for ensuring critical Intellectual Property is appropriately secured while developing technical relationships with suppliers to enable our innovative growth.
- Create industry-leading, scalable electronic LED systems. With cost-leadership and flexible features that underpin Acuity's luminaire strategies.
- Coordinate with sourcing and manufacturing on the implementation of designs into production
- Integrate electronic devices into total system architectures (driver, module, peripherals) during luminaire product development cycle.
- Provides tech support, product management, and manufacturing with engineering design guidance and electronic assembly change requests.
- Develop, grow, and sustain key technical partnerships.
- Participate in developing solid design processes, including the necessary engineering quality and reliability systems to ensure design for reliability
- Participate in industry (ANSI, NEMA, etc) and government activities (DOE) that will shape electronic systems architecture
- 8 years of experience
- BS in Electrical, Mechatronics or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent
- Proficiency in hardware design (analog, digital, power supply circuits)
- Proficiency with EDA (Electronic Design Automation) tools for schematic and PCB design
- Experience in cross-functional teams developing new products
- Proficiency in developing benchmark testing methodologies (ANSI, NEMA, IEC, etc)
- Familiarity with mechanical, materials, quality, and industrial engineering and the best practices employed in the field that impact electronic devices.
- Solid working knowledge of current electrical codes and standards
- Power supply design and integration
- Design experience with lighting grade LED's
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Power Electronics Design Engineer
Pre-Switch Inc., based in the San Jose area is seeking a high voltage power design Engineer to join our growing team. We have developed an adaptive soft switching control algorithm that virtually eliminates switching losses in power transistors. This revolutionary technology will impact the power conversion business unlike any other innovation in the past thirty years by making them lower cost, smaller, and more efficient. We have our eyes firmly on extending EV industry’s efficiency, power, and range. Now we just need the right people to help make this happen.
We need team members who love what they do, and who want to help Pre-Switch change the world through the benefits of soft-switching. Successful candidates will have demonstrated their engineering passion through a personal project portfolio. Responsibilities will be focused on further research, development and deployment of our core technology in the EV, Solar, wind and motor drives. This will include analyzing, designing, developing, modifying and evaluating resonant and switch mode power supplies, components and/or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems.
- Design of high voltage DC/DC, AC/DC, PFC, DC/AC switch mode power supplies reference designs utilizing various electrical topologies.
- Verilog design, simulation, synthesis and implementation experience (Lattice environment is a bonus)
- Experience with designing custom magnetic transformers and inductors.
- Familiar with SPICE modeling for power supply and logic circuitry.
- Development of closed control loops via analysis and/or experimental data.
- PCB and mechanical design and documentation experience to meet agency safety requirements and design for manufacture.
- Management of engineering technicians.
- Product qualification using complex ESS and FAT test.
- Reliability prediction calculations and reports.
- Thermal management and modelling
- Python experience
- Knowledge of CE certification, ISO, UL and GMP standards and EMI compliance.
- BS or MS in EE, 7 years minimum experience.
Electronics Design Engineer / Microelectronics & Computer Hardware Engineer (Top Secret Clearance)
Design of electronic circuits that meet specified operational, performance and environmental requirements established at the system level. Analysis of design to assure that specifications will be met including circuit modeling, tolerance and stress analyses. Layout of printed wiring boards including schematic capture of the electronic circuit design.
Preparation of documents required to fabricate and test electronic circuits including drawings and test procedures. Preparation of test and evaluation reports assessing the performance of designs with respect to requirements.
MUST BE A US Citizen and possess a Current or recent Secret security clearance Ability to independently plan and execute design effort with guidance from supervisor BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent 5 years design experience Knowledge of printed wiring board fabrication and assembly processes Familiarity with laboratory instruments Experience using PCB design Software Altium design software experience a plus Job REFERENCE 101710 Keywords: Microelectronics Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Computer Hardware Engineer, Electronics Engineering, Electronics Engineers, Government Security Contractors
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!