Elevator Repairer Apprentice Job Description Sample
Elevator Technician / Elevator Tech Apprentice
An elevator mechanic / technician installs, maintains or fixes vertical transportation equipment i.e. passenger elevators, freight elevators, residential elevators, dumbwaiters, escalators and moving walkways. He or she usually specializes in one of these jobs and may be called an elevator installer, repairer or constructor.
Preparing for this occupation involves completing paid on-the-job training and technical classes. One will learn electrical and electronic theory, complex mechanical structures, technical computer skill, mathematics, physics, safety and how to read architectural blueprints.
Recommended high school coursework includes math, mechanical drawing and shop. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and physically able to do the job. One must pass a math, reading and mechanical aptitude test or have sufficient accreditation.
Because an elevator mechanic must lift heavy equipment and do hard work for long periods of time, he or she must be physically strong and have good stamina. Being detail-oriented allows one to carefully keep track of service schedules. A repair person needs to have good troubleshooting skills. To work in some states elevator mechanics must be licensed.
Although it is not required, some people working in this field choose to become certified. Voluntary certification, available from trade associations like the National Association of Elevator Contractors can make a job candidate more appealing to an employer since it demonstrates that he or she meets certain standards.
In 2014 elevator mechanics earned a median salary of $76,490 and hourly wages of $36.77 (US). The US Bureau of Labor Statistics says it is one of the highest paying occupations for which a high school diploma is the highest level of education required.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts this occupation will grow about as fast as the average for all occupations through 2020.
In 2014 there were almost 25,000 working elevator mechanics. Most were employed in the building equipment contractors industry. Few were self-employed. Jobs in this occupation are usually full-time. To deal with emergencies, some mechanics are on call 24/7.
An elevator mechanic may work on a team or alone, depending on the project. For example, an installation or major repair would require working on a team while one would work alone when troubleshooting a small problem.
Generally construction workers' schedules are determined by the weather. Clear days are spent on the job, while inclement ones mean time off. An elevator mechanic's schedule usually isn't dependent on the weather since he or she typically works indoors.
A Day in an Elevator Mechanic's Life:
On a typical day an elevator mechanic's tasks might include:
determining what equipment is needed by reading blueprints
installing elevators and components including rails, cabs, doors, cables and control systems
connecting electrical wiring
diagnosing/ troubleshooting problems
keeping records of service calls and maintenance
The most important skills for someone entering the elevator profession is to have an electrical background coupled with a knowledge of the mechanical interaction of equipment. A few of the most challenging aspects to becoming a skilled elevator technician is the ability to read electrical schematics, architectural blue prints, technical manuals, along with multiple code & safety books and apply that knowledge to everyday on the job processes. An elevator technician needs to be able to think quickly, possess keen problem solving abilities, utilize project management skills, all while keeping safety at the forefront of their decisions. In real world applications challenges may not happen exactly as they are explained in books. The ability to process knowledge which has been acquired through class rooms, online study and on the job training must then be applied to a technicians day to day tasks.
Successful candidates may possess a certification from a Megatronics program or comparable technical courses or have prior technical and mechanical experience.
Excellent Pay, 401K, Health, Dental, Education, Training.
Please submit a resume and brief cover letter outlining mechanical & electrical skills or experience.
If you do not have prior experience in the elevator industry please research the trade online and list examples of how your skills would be transferable. This is a career not a job.
Elevator Constructor Apprentice
Elevator Constructor Apprentice Applications for the International Union of Elevator Constructors Local 41 Joint Apprentice Training Program for Worcester/Springfield MA and Vermont will be accepted from April 2, 2018 through April 13, 2018. All applications must be completed online by visiting www.neiep.org/careers.aspx and clicking the link for Apprenticeship Opportunities.
Select the Worcester/Springfield MA recruitment. Applicants must be 18 years of age to apply, possess and upload an original copy of a H.S. Diploma, or H.S.
Transcript, or GED, pass an entrance exam and tool assessment and sit for an interview. For more info email: cdevillersneiep.org. Note: There is a $25
Elevator Constructor Apprentice
Applications for the International Union of Elevator Constructors Local# 44 Joint Apprentice Training Program for Toledo Ohio will be accepted from 03/02/2018 through 03/23/2018.
Applicants must be 18 years of age to apply, possess and upload an original copy of a H.S. Diploma, or H.S. Transcript, DD-214, or GED, pass an entrance exam and tool assessment and sit for an interview.
Note: There is a $25.00 Testing Fee required on Test Day (Only a Money Order or Bank Certified Check will be accepted, No Cash, No Personal Checks). Fee waivers may be requested upon showing verifiable proof of financial need prior to test date.
The Elevator Industry is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age (40 or older), sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, marital status, arrest record, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
The Elevator Constructors are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
Building Repairer A
Overview To assist with Building and Grounds within the Maintenance Department. EEO/AA Information Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law. Responsibilities
Performs all types of building repairs masonry Tuckpointing, Concrete and finishing, Epoxy flooring. Also preferred, carpentry, roofing installation, shoring, painting, sewers, snow removal, and any other assigned jobs involving building and grounds repairs.
Demonstrates thorough skills in maintenance renovation and constructions of all types.
Analyzes and plans work.
Demonstrates knowledge of wood structure of old buildings of old buildings.
Safely operates maintenance and construction tools.
Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications SAFETY TRAINING REQUIRED TO BECOME COMPETENT IN THE FOLLOWING:
Lock/Tag/Try authorized, Cut/Weld/Hot Work, PIT, PPE, elevator Physical Demands Must be able to lift up to 100 Ibs. Work Environment Work in all inside and outside conditions. SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
Safety helmet, safety boots, eye protection, hearing protection, face protection, hand protection TOOLS & EQUIPMENT: Basic hand tools, hand carpentry, roofing, painting, etc. skills. Refer this job to a friend Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later. Connect With Us! Not ready to apply?for general consideration. ID2017-7274 Job LocationsUS-WI-Cudahy CategoryEngineering/Maintenance TypeFull-Time FLSA StatusHourly Shift1st Shift
Mechanic - Elevator / Escalator
We are looking for an Elevator/Escalator Mechanicsto join our team! Opportunities in Service, Mod/Repair and Construction, in all Major Texas Cities. As a construction mechanic you would be responsible for the installation of all types of elevator equipment. Opportunities for Advancement for right individuals!
- Typical Job Site/Maintenance duties
- Unloading Equipment
- Reviewing Blueprints for Installation/Troubleshooting
- Coordinating/Maintaining schedule with other mechanics and GC.
- Attending safety meetings on site
- Previous experience as a mechanic
- Knowledge of different types of Equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others
We are based in Arlington, and have branch offices in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Galveston, Houston, San Antonio and Waco.
Our business was founded on the highest standards of customer service excellence, a tradition we extend to each and every client.
We care about our customers. We care about the quality of our service, and we care about the products we offer. The result is a reputation for excellence that remains unsurpassed by our competitors.
EMR Elevator, Inc. has been in business for more than 25 years, and has offices in six major Texas cities. Our owner and superintendents have more than 30 years' experience each in the elevator industry. We have the skills and experience necessary to meet all of your demands and exceed all of your expectations.
We have experience with all types and brands of elevators. Our network of industry suppliers/vendors ensures that we can supply parts and services for all elevators.
Contact EMR Elevator today for information for your particular requirements for elevator service.
Elevator Mechanic Helper
Must be detail oriented and a team player. Some knowledge of shop equipment and able to take direction. Salary based upon experience.
Day Elevator and Lift, NY Metro's premier Home and Commercial accessibility company is hiring!
We are currently looking for experience Lead Elevator mechanics Installers
This is a 40 hrs per week position with plenty of opportunity for overtime.
Salary compensatory with experience. $35.00-$40.00 knowing our machine
Great Pay with Excellent Benefits!
*New Company Van to take home for Lead Mechanics
*Lots of overtime
*Fully Paid Medical and Dental
*Fully Paid Life Insurance
*401k plan with Company Match
*Fully paid Uniform, Boots and PPE
*Paid Personal Time
*Paid Vacation Time
*Jets and Mets game tickets
Upon completion of probation period
Helper mechanics with less than 2 years experience in an elevator helper role no need to apply .
Individuals with comparable experience in Hydraulics, Automotive, Diesel repair, HVAC, Plumbing may apply.
Electrical or hydraulic related trade school completion a plus.
- · HS Diploma or equivalent education
- · Own work van is a plus but at a minimum must be able to take work van home everyday.
- · A valid drivers license
- · Complete set of hand tools, electrical tester, etc (We provide power tools and consumables)
- · OSHA 10 Certification (Must complete by 2nd month of employment)
- · Strong working understanding of electrical theory
- 10+Work Experience preferred
- Experience in installing, finishing and servicing hydro and traction elevators.
- 2 speed sliding commercial door installation
- Wheelchair lift products
- Experience with vendors like Savaria, TK Access, national Wheel-O-Vator, Garaventa, Giant-Lift, Cambridge, Matot or Harmar.
- Experience in testing, Pre-testing or other inspection test roles in NYC a plus.
Send your resume with salary desire
full benefits after a 90-days probationary period
$72,800.00 to $83,200.00 /year
Elevator Commercial Technician
- Provide maintenance and repairs to the elevator systems on a wide variety of commercial buildings ranging from office, retail and light industrial with a portfolio of over 2 million sqft.
- Install, fix, and maintain elevators and other lifts.
- Read blueprints to determine the equipment needed for installation or repair.
· Install or repair elevator doors, cables, motors, and control systems.
· Locate malfunctions in brakes, motors, switches, and control systems.
· Connect electrical wiring to control panels and electric motors.
· Use test equipment, such as ammeters and voltmeters, to diagnose problems.
· Adjust counterweights, door mechanisms, and safety controls.
· Test newly installed equipment to ensure that it meets specifications.
· Comply with safety regulations and building codes.
· Keep service records of all maintenance and repair task.
· Compliance with all environmental and OSHA regulations and company policies.
· Certified Elevator Technician
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in Elevator repair and troubleshooting experience in commercial buildings.
· Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints.
- Be familiar with a wide range of equipment and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience making repair and replace decisions.
We provide staffing solutions for customers of all sizes and with a variety of needs in the Commercial Real Estate industry.
The staffing experts for over 30 years!
Material Handler - Grain Elevator
The Material Handler in our Grain Elevator is responsible for the receiving of grain (wheat) for the purpose of Milling and supplying wheat to the flour mill and sanitation of the elevator – facility.
- Unload all inbound grain trucks into assigned bins.
- Unload all rail cars at our remote transfer house and transport grain to the mill for storage.
- Load feed/midds into trucks for transport daily.
- Transfer wheat from grain bins to mill as required.
- Maintain and clean elevator bins as required.
- Perform general maintenance and housekeeping duties as required.
Experience & Education/Training
- Experience in grain handling and computer skills would be considered an asset.
- On the job training is provided
- Safety training is required and provided by Panhandle Milling in group settings as well as individual computer based training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, able to manage people
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Must successfully complete a criminal record check and credit check. Background checks are conducted by an accredited third party.
This position requires physical efforts such as straining, pulling, lifting, working, at heights and standing. Exposure to elements such as noise, grain dust, cold and hot temperatures. Evenings, weekends and shift work may be required.
Elevator Technician And Elevator Construction Supervisor
Busy, Growing Elevator company is seeking Elevator Technicians and Elevator Construction Supervisors to help fill multiple positions in the greater Raleigh Area. Qualified individuals will have prior elevator construction experience and familiarity with hand tools and electrical control a plus.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who seek to take their current construction knowledge and apply it to learning new skills in a rewarding career in the elevator field.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!