Embossing Machine Operator Ii Job Description Sample
Machine Operator II
MACHINE OPERATOR II
- Ability to fulfill all the requirements of the Machine Operator 1 job description.
- Perform complete machine set-up without assistance.
- Ability to bore jaws to proper size and radius.
- Diagnose process problems and make adjustments as required.
- Read and interpret precision measuring instruments for all threading, boring, and O.D. cutting operations.
- Down load program from computer to machine, and be able to understand and make edits to geometry of program.
- Ability to make edits and offsets to machine program as required without assistance.
- Basic understanding of tooling geometry and use of correct inserts for the material they are running.
- Have basic knowledge to identify various materials and their machining properties.
- To furnish their own hand tools and basic precision measuring tools.
- Maintain a communication log at the machine to record all alarms and issues encountered during the shift, and provide clear communications between shifts, both written and verbal.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology you need to enhance your production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
With over 70 offices in more than 50 countries located in major oil-producing provinces, Core Laboratories provides services to the world's major, national, and independent oil companies. We can help you solve your reservoir problems.
Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their producing fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to your bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization CompanyTM.
Machine Operator II - 3Rd Shift
When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our area is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and youll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Helps department meet production needs by running various types of fabrication machines (spot welder, timesaver, press brake, turret, stud press, etc) or other duties as required by Supervisor. Enters inventory transactions into BaaN ERP system, understands the impact of the various transactions on inventory accuracy. Maintains the fabrication finished parts market, pulls parts to be delivered and stocks the shelves with new inventory. Runs reports and creates charts for the fabrication cells.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- At work on time every day and in your work area when scheduled. Works overtime and weekends when needed to accomplish production goals.
- Coordinates record keeping by maintain related documents, logs, and files for the department.
- Performs pay point transactions in BaaN.
- Accurately processes parts orders, maintains transactions and troubleshoots problem transactions to insure inventory accuracy.
- Opens fabrication production orders.
- Creates press shop order packets.
- Closes press shop orders, in Press Tracking and in Baan.
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts using the Kanban inventory system. Maintains Supermarket racks and inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations.
- Maintains steel bay inventory and orders steel for press shop consumption.
- Makes accurate inventory transfers between departments.
- Pulls parts from market shelves, loads tugger carts and processes Kanban cards.
- Moves parts, components, finished goods manually or with work aids including hand jacks, hoists or fork trucks (once certified.)
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations in fabrication. Cross training and flexibility required.
- References work instructions and reviews print specifications to determine proper materials and set-up to accomplish production requirements.
- Reads and interprets specifications and drawings.
- Visually inspects assembly for quality standards.
- Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained.
- Advises supervisor of quality problems and the status of jobs. Works with production personnel, other operators, Supervisor and/or the engineering staff to troubleshoot problems.
- Properly tracks and disposes of scrap and completes non-conforming tickets. Directly responsible for all scrap/rework that is created by his/her cell.
- Verifies and completes job routing by signing router sheet, submitting orders to be closed and parts to be posted to inventory.
- Uses a wide range of small hand tools such as hammer, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, sockets, Allen wrenches, etc.
- Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Receives verbal instructions, reads production board or confers with Supervisor or Coordinators for instructions and priorities.
- Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety, efficiency, quality and customer demands.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions and opinions of others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties within ISO standards
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace.
- Fully engaged, initiates activities that support department and team goals, suggests improvements in work methods and is actively involved with all of the team activities within the department.
- Participates on teams using Microsoft software for data analysis or presentations. Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete PMDs.
- Supports Continuous Improvement PPI, and Lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Education Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Experience - 6 - 12 months data entry, inventory control and/or metal fabrication is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, experience with Baan is a plus. The ability to troubleshoot inventory transactions and make corrections with previous experience in metal fabrication and lean manufacturing environments preferred.
- Frequent and continuous light to moderate lifting, repetitive handling and maneuvering of awkward metal pieces is required. Walking, reaching, bending, and good eye, hand, foot coordination is all necessary. Occasional lifting of heavy dies is required.
- Exposed to possible severe hazards, multiple pinch points and general safety issues associates with sheet metal fabrication. Works in hot, cold, dusty, elevated and noisy area.
- Ability to lift 30 - 50lbs
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
CNC Machine Set-Up Operator II
Must have the ability to Set-Up Four different types of machines, preferably a combination of VMC’s, HMC’s, TMC’s, Co2 Lasers, Fiber Laser, Break press and /or Robotic Welders. Produces machined parts by setting up, and operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge of modifying 2D mill fixtures, turn and bore lathe jaws manually utilizing CNC controls readout.
Capable of editing Programs Mills, Lathes, Break Press, Lasers and /or Robotic Welders by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
Maintains equipment by completing dailypreventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Sets-up aforementioned machines by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, indicating vice or work piece, bushings, cams, gears, stops, bar feeders, cutting conditions, bending radius and bending pressure.
Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards. Able to read micrometers and calipers.
Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Ability to follow instructions, and management directive.
Ensure a safe working environment, good housekeeping and 5’s for your respective area and all of VBI.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two (2) years to four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires basic understand of blue print reading, leadership capability and ability to solve problems.
Candidate only in the geographic area need apply.
The company offers complete automatic door systems as well as individual components such as actuators, door controls, door panels, seals, and door accessories. Both pneumatic and electric actuators are available. Control options range from simple electro-mechanical devices to high-capability, microprocessor-based systems. Being a vertically integrated manufacturer and assembler, with metal fabrication, CNC machining centers, with powder coat painting ability and final assembly operations we offer a wide variety of opportunities.
Vapor maintains strong relationships with transit properties throughout the U.S. and Canada and is an active member in the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) and Canadian Urban Transportation Association (CUTA).
Vapor strives to understand the needs of the evolving transit industry and to provide products and services that satisfy these needs.
Sales and service for Vapor products is provided by representatives located at offices in New York, New York; Buffalo Grove, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; Sacramento, California; Toronto, Ontario; Baltimore, Maryland; Austin, Texas; Manchester, UK, and Sassuolo, Italy.
Vapor Bus International is committed to combining the skills and experience of its people with the best equipment and processes to offer world-class solutions for its customers' needs.
Machine Operator II - 1St Shift
Machine Operator II The Machine Operator II operates assigned stations and all other associated work including preventative maintenance, machine changeovers, making minor adjustments to maintain greatest operational efficiency, assist other mechanics, etc. Join the team at Dr Pepper Snapple Group and make a difference by pursuing everything that you do with the determination that sets us apart from our competitors. Driving for results leads to recognition and personal growth within the company, helping us to achieve our goal to “Be the Best Beverage Business in the
Americas”. The success that comes from within each of us is recognized, and creates opportunities for your growth in the organization. Shift and Schedule This is a full time permanent position working on 1st shift. 1st shift hours are from 6:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends as the business may need.
Position Responsibilities 1. Handle empty cases and solve other line issues. 2. Train other operators on use of machinery. 3.
Perform best practice quality checks on line and equipment. 4. Set up machinery and ensure all production materials are available. 5. Operate and monitor equipment and replenish materials as needed. 6.
Monitor line for defective materials and perform any other related work in accordance with line quality. 7. Record all data as required (i.e. charts, necessary process adjustments based on data findings, etc.). 8. Clean and sanitize all equipment and facility as required.
Total Rewards We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive. We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements. Qualifications
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) * 3 years prior experience with operation of high-speed production machinery and monitoring of product quality
Lift, push and pull a minimum of 50lbs repeatedly Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE: DPS) is one of North America’s leading refreshment beverage companies, manufacturing, bottling and distributing more than 50 brands of carbonated soft drinks, juices, teas, mixers, waters and other premium beverages.
With a brand heritage spanning more than 200 years, the DPS portfolio includes some of the most recognized beverages in the Americas. More than 75 percent of the company’s overall volume is from brands that are either #1 or #2 in their flavor categories. In addition to its flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, the DPS portfolio includes 7UP, Mott’s, A&W, Sunkist soda, Hawaiian Punch, Canada Dry, Schweppes, RC Cola, Diet Rite, Squirt, Peñafiel, Yoo-hoo, Rose’s, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T and other well-known consumer favorites.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Dr Pepper Snapple Group recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
Title:Machine Operator II - 1st Shift
Manufacturing Machine Operator II
Leonardo DRS, Inc. Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce. Company OverviewDRS Marlo Coilmanufactures robust heat transfer, refrigeration, and air handling equipment for industrial, commercial, utility and marine markets. Our custom engineered heat transfer solutions are used in a variety of configurations to cool, heat, and dehumidify air streams for process and building comfort. We pride ourselves on having equipment on most surface combatant ships and submarines in the U.S. Navy fleet. Additionally, DRS Marlo Coil is positioned for significant growth in the Industrial/Commercial markets. For more information on Leonardo DRS, please visitwww.leonardodrs.com, and for more information on our Commercial/Industrial business, please visitwww.marlocoil.com
- Job Location
- High Ridge, MO* Position Summary: As a Machine Operator in our manufacturing environment, you will be responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget. Duties and
* Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools; fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, and layout and machining procedures
Studies specifications such as blueprint, sketch, damaged part, or description of part to be replaced to determine dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined, sequence of operations, and tools, materials, and machines required. Performs basic to advanced level machining in accordance with blueprints and work instructions
Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
Sets up basic machines and operates metal-removing machines such as lathe, milling machine, shaper, or grinder to machine parts according to specifications
Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications using measuring instruments
May operate mechanism of machine, observe operation, or test with inspection equipment to diagnose malfunction or to test repaired machine
If required, perform all aspects of inspection: in-process, final and source; allocate partial points
3 points in-process
3 points final
4 points source
- Qualifications*- Vocational or Trade school training in Manufacturing or Machining and; or training and experience combination that has resulted in appropriate familiarity with machinery and trouble-shooting skills would be ideal. Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Machine Operator II 3Rd Shift
Manufacturing Facility Job Description I. Position Data JOB CODE TITLE Bindery Operator DATE 8/28/15 DIVISION Jeffersonville, IN DEPARTMENT Manufacturing SUPERVISOR Manufacturing Supervisor FLSA: Non-Exempt Mfg I
General Summary Operates various machines and equipment used in binding documents (statements, invoices, books, etc.) as well as hand assembles related printed materials by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Operates equipment such as punches, round corner, collator, foliotronic, and other bindery equipment to punch holes, fasten sheets together, or to perform other document binding functions such as collating, trimming, folding, stapling, and gluing operations.
Examines collated, bound, and unbound documents to ensure that pages are bound in numerical or folio order according to sample copy, and for such defects as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn, loose, and uneven pages, and loose or uncut threads.
Performs various hand operations such as; inserting illustrated pages, extra sheets, and collated sets into kits, catalogs, periodicals, etc. as well as inserts sheets and applies labels to various products.
Wraps product in plastic, using shrink wrapping machine, packs products in boxes, and tapes lids of boxes shut appropriately for proper shipping.
Removes, stacks, packs, and transports printed materials in various stages of completion on pallets as it accumulates on delivery tables of specific equipment.
Maintain attendance according to facility guidelines as well as be able to work constructively with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. in performing daily responsibilities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. V. Minimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. VI. Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent is necessary. No other formal education or prior experience is needed. VII. Language Skills
Ability to read, interpret, and decipher general written instructions from documents such as work orders, safety regulations, operating procedures, or other job specific written documents. Ability to speak and communicate effectively with fellow employees. VIII. Mathematical Skills
Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimal. Ability to read and utilize a ruler.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Physical Abilities Required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand and use hands to handle or feel various objects.
Frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance.
Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Machine Operator II - Press Break - 1ST Shift And/Or 2ND Shift
Machine Operator II - Press Break - 1ST Shift and/or 2ND Shift
Description JOB SUMMARY The Press Brake Set Up/Operator will be responsible for performing all phases of the press brake operation. This will includeset up,programingand loading/unloading parts. ESSENTIAL FUNCTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sets up work from order or prints according to job requirements as directed by the Supervisor and/or Group Leader.
As required, enters program into the machine.
Uses precision measuring instruments to check work. Performs first piece inspection to double check dimensions and tolerances before proceeding with remainder of order. Continues to inspect parts as order is being run.
As required, positions machines in relation to the appropriate axis as planned in programming.
Sets stops for depth and angles.
Removes finished parts from machine, counts and places on skid.
Transports materials as needed using forklift.
Performs necessary housekeeping duties to maintain clean work environment.
Responsible for basic maintenance of tools in work area.
Performs other duties within the scope of the job assignments as directed by the Supervisor or Group Leader.
Meets department quality, attendance and productivity requirements.
Performs duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by Company, federal, state and local provisions.
All other duties as assigned
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to read blueprints.
Must have prior experience operating Brake Presses r comparable equipment.
Must be able to use tape measure for and Press Brakes.Calipers for Press Brakes.
Ability to drive a forklift.
Must be able to communicate effectively and work in a cooperative manner to support a team environment.
Must have satisfactory job performance and an acceptable attendance and disciplinary record in current position. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires moderate to considerable physical effort working with average or heavy weight material, not to exceed fifty pounds (50 lbs). This position also requires standing for extended periods of time. The incumbent must have the ability to carry objects; perform dynamic activities including reaching and stretching; and frequent bending and twisting of the torso. VISUAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Continuous, and at times, concentrated mental and visual attention where the work is repetitive or duties are diversified and require continuous alertness and /or activity. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Typical shop floor with possible exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, heat, cold, noise, vibration, oil and water. May be exposed to any number of these elements. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Safety glasses with side shield steel toed safety shoes, gloves and other personal protective equipment as necessary.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Kentucky-Louisville
Textron Tools & Test: Greenlee
Req ID: 261791
Machine Operator II
Machine Operator II Tracking Code 3442-758 Job Description Responsible for day-to-day card production, maintenance of machinery and equipment, and any other procedures deemed necessary. Duties will include: • Setting up and operating a variety of automatic and semi-automatic machines used in the production of the Company’s product. • Ensure that all machinery is operational. • Perform daily cleaning of equipment and surrounding areas. • Requires the ability to use specialized equipment. • Keep scrap levels to a minimum. • Maintain a high level of card quality. • Ensure that the “zero gap” process is performed in the manner spelled out by the procedures. • Interfacing with the customer in a professional manner, either by telephone or delivery. Required Skills
Be able to work constructively with little supervision.
Must be able to work on assignments that are moderately complex.
Must be able to use a moderate amount of judgment required to perform assigned task.
Able to learn and retain the operation of all equipment in the facility. Must be familiar with standard
Microsoft Windows computer operation.
Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
Able to follow written and verbal instructions that can be very detailed in nature.
Dependable / reliable.
Must be able to function in a small group Required Experience
Some college education preferred, but not required.
1-2 years experience in a production or manufacturing environment. Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands: Travel requirement, such as
Must be able to travel occasional by air as needed to attend training, conferences, and related activities. Working Conditions, such as:
Manufacturing shop environment. Exposure to noise, dust, and hazards associated with manufacturing equipment and tools. Working areas may not be ventilated or air-conditioned. Physical Demands, such as:
The work requires moderate physical effort with recurring lifting and/or moving of moderately heavy items in the 30-50 pound range and occasional lifting up to 75 pounds. Requires long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. Normal range of hearing and vision required to operate machinery and forklifts. Must be a US Citizen, without dual Citizenship. MorphoTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics Job Location Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Access Level 1 - US Citizens who are not citizens of any other country; eligible to work on Secure Credentialing programs
Machine Operator II
3rd shift Machine Op working with frozen dough. Physically demanding and fast paced position requires repetitive lifting of 50-80 lbs consistently.
Must be willing to perform a variety of hands-on duties including, but not limited to: Cleaning and sanitation, loading and unloading product from machinery, product change over, basic maintenance and troubleshooting, and other general production duties assigned. Good work ethic and attitude toward team work are required to successfully communicate with the Line Foreman and Quality Technicians to solve any production issues and address product safety concerns.
Schedule: 11:00 pm to 7:00am *hours may vary
*Running a machine
*Packing, line work
*Inspection of bakery products
*Industrial / manufacturing experience
*Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
*Able to comply with GMP policies
*Pre-employment drug screen and nationwide background check
Experience the Williamson Difference:
*Great Benefits (Health Insurance, Vacation Pay, 401k, Referral Bonus, Weekly Pay, Verizon Discount)
*Locally owned and operated
Celebrating 25 years in business
Williamson Employment Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the assignment of its employees on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status. Discriminating orders will not be honored.
Machine Operator II
Amcor Rigid Plastics
Machine Operator II
Mountain Top, PA
Amcor is the world's largest publicly traded packaging company; a market and innovation leader adding value to the worlds most recognizable brands.
- Amcor is a global leader in responsible global packaging solutions supplying a broad range of rigid & flexible packaging products into the food, beverage, healthcare, home and personal care and tobacco packaging industries.
- As the world's largest packaging company, Amcor offers exclusive and innovative solutions that are at the forefront of the packaging industry.
- Today, Amcor has more than 27,000 co-workers working together across more then 180 sites in over 40 countries.
- We are: Global, Customer-driven, Innovative, Responsible and Talented.
- Visit www.Amcor.com to learn more.
• Responsible for working and operating in a safe manner consistent with company safety procedures
• Perform process adjustments to achieve desired container attributes
• Demonstrate ability to complete a mold change and Set up processes
• Demonstrate the ability to work on a pm.
• Perform all required tests and checks on preforms and containers
• Understand start up and shut down procedures necessary to minimize downtime and equipment wear and tear
• Properly complete all shift paperwork
• Keep work areas neat, clean and in an orderly manner consistent with company housekeeping policies
• Willingly and analytically, troubleshoot and improve daily operations through ownership.
• Scrap and sort aborted preforms and bottles
• Assist in training new employees.
• Perform other duties assigned by lead and / or shift supervisor
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, or walk and is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel, and climb stairs. The employee is regularly required to communicate with other employees and be aware of sounds in the plant. Employee is required to be awake and alert during all work hours. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!