Enameler Job Description Sample
Production Tech - Enamel Line
Description Help us build quality products that people love as a Production Technician at Hearth & Home Technologies at our Enamel facility in Bethel, VT. This rewarding career includes competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive environment focused on developing your skills and advancing your career. At Hearth & Home Technologies, you will have the opportunity to Burn Brighter working with a supportive team developing industry-leading hearth products. Our members are responsible for making and finishing cast iron parts that are used to create Hearth & Home Technologies’ industry-leading fireplaces, stoves and hearth products. Our Production Technicians on the enamel line help us achieve this by performing the following responsibilities:
Inspect enameled parts for defects
Tap parts after enameling
Maintain set discipline and product flow
Pack out sets in the proper order
Requirements Skills and Abilities
Ability to read and perform basic math functions to determine production counts, work-in-process, and product specifications
Ability to follow written and pictorial standard work instructions
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others
Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Ability to lift 50 lbs
Ability to operate a forklift Education & Experience
High school diploma or GED and 1 year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience Preferred Qualifications
Previous experience working with cast iron
Previous experience working with enamel
Posted at:* Monday, January 22, 2018 Job Req#: EG18010 Category: Operations
EEO Category:* Operatives
Company:* Hearth & Home Technologies
Location:* HHT, Randolph, VT
Core Technologies Engineer - Enamel
Core Technologies Engineer - Enamel
Position ID: req9702
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Plant, Springfield, 1100 Industrial Drive, Springfield, TENNESSEE 37172-3325 USA
>Employment Type: Full-Time
To drive core-technology processes for enameling, own knowledge and capabilities of specific core manufacturing processes relating to enameling.
- Own Enamel Core Technology, and drive the factories towards compliance with recommendations.
- Create and maintain global specifications for Enameling Equipment and processes.
- Research, validate and recommend new technologies and methods for enameling, including methods to maximize energy efficiency.
- Planning and optimization of new equipment, and co-operate with Capex team to ensure the right equipment acquisition
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing engineering leadership and support to the finishing department in the design, integration, installation and optimization of new and existing manufacturing processes.
- Provide the process engineering support for work areas within the finishing department to improve
- OEE, lower conversion cost , improve quality and optimize energy efficiency
- Support new product development and implementation, co-operate with R&D
- Working with factory and sector ME, support process FMEA regarding enameling.
- Support for Maintenance with Global TPM for enamel plant.
- Maintain global data base on relevant enameling metrics
- Provide the process engineering support for work areas within the finishing department.
- Implement, maintain and enforce Standard Operating Policies and Procedures in work group.
- Establish and implement effective operational methods to improve cost effectiveness.
- Support quality improvement activities through process engineering assistance.
- Ensure no violations of State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Practice and implement among team members effective problem solving techniques.
- Bachelor s Degree in an Engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with Paint or Enamel manufacturing process improvements.
- Technical Expert with Paint or Enameling
- Organization, Communication and Collaboration Skills
- Strong AUTO CAD , Word, Powerpoint, and Excel skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Background knowledge and abilities in 5S, Kanban, Lean Manufacturing and Waste Elimination.
- Solid computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a Matrix Organisation and multinational team
- Available to travel internationally
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, based on deep consumer insight. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions, developed in close collaboration with professional users. The products include refrigerators, ovens, cookers, hobs, dishwashers, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 60 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2015 Electrolux had sales of $14.7 billion ($5.1 billion in North America) and 58,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.
Associated topics: ansys, automotive, bsme, chassis, mechanical, mechanical engineer, mechanic, msme, propulsion, vehicle
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!