Engine Repairer Service Job Description Sample
Small Engine Repairer Na-07
- Duties Help
Summary Join a Global Workforce of approximately
28,000 with a career in Amy Family and MWR! Business Operations Division offers those morale enhancing programs and services for Soldiers, Families, Retirees and Civilians while generating a profit for the NAFI so that we can provide free or discounted programs and services and investment in our infrastructure across the enterprise. The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is surrounding area (defined as Beauregard, Rapides, Sabine and Vernon parishes.). (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.) This position is located at DFMWR/ Klubs & Karts on Fort Polk Installation This position is being announced with a wage range per the Ft. Polk Collective Bargaining Agreement Article 35/Sections 2&3. However, the rate for this position will be $10.91 (Step 1). Per AR 215-3, Chapter 3, Section 3-8a(1), the Garrison Commander or equivalent is authorized to make appointments at the second step rate of the appropriate grade in recognition of special qualifications, skills and experience of an exceptional or highly specialized nature. Per the Ft. Polk NAF NAIL Collective Bargaining Agreement Article 20/Section 3b, When Flexible employees work for a period of 180 consecutive days averaging twenty (20) hours or more a week, the employee should be converted to Regular Part-Time. Learn more about this agency
?Must have a general knowledge of operational and repair characteristics requirements for small gasoline engine powered equipment.
Must be able to use a variety of hand tools and equipment required in small engine repair work.
Must be able to read manufacturer's manuals and to determine repair parts requirements.
Must be able to communicate to the supervisor for parts needed for minor repairs of equipment.
Must be skilled in working with the public and have the ability to communicate instructions and procedures required for proper and safe usage of equipment.
Travel Required Not required
Supervisory status No
7 ### Who May Apply
This job is open to
… U.S. and Non- U.S citizens residing in the surrounding area (defined as Beauregard, Rapides, Sabine and Vernon parishes). Questions? This job is open to 1 group. * #### Job family (Series) 8610 Small Engine Mechanic
- Requirements Help
Conditions of Employment
Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-verify) check * A one year probationary period may be required
Must meet physical requirements Conditions of Employment: 1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form). 2. Able to lift and carry items up to 60 pounds and frequently handle heavier objects, walk, bend, reach, crouch, stand and pull & push. 3. Must be able to pass a physical exam.
- Demonstrated work experience directly related to the duties to be performed as identified above.
Additional information Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to
90 days after the closing date. Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government interest. Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur. Read more
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above
. Applicants can claim the following eligibilities: * NAF Preference
Involuntarily Separated From the Military * NAF Preference
Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) * NAF Priority Consideration
Business Based Action * NAF Priority Consideration
Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF) * NAF Priority Consideration
Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE) * NAF Priority Consideration
Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV) * NAF Priority Consideration
Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV) Read more
Background checks and security clearance
Security clearance Not Applicable
- Required Documents Help
The following documents must be submitted with your application:* * Resume
Optional:Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference: * DD-214 * If you are claiming Military Spouse preference, you will be required to submit PCS orders and marriage certificate to verify your preference claim at time of application
Resume * SF-50 #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Benefits A career with the U
.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits. Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply Help
How to Apply You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 2.
Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than
3:00pmon the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating. Read more
Agency contact information
CHRA NAF FORT POLK
Phone 337-531-6301 ##### Email firstname.lastname@example.org
-NAF-W0VFAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT POLK AND JRTC DO NOT MAIL Fort Polk, LA US Learn more about this agency
Next steps Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met
. We appreciate your interest in this position! Read more
- Fair & Transparent
& Transparent The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race
, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants Read more
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate
. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency. Read more
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488531600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered. Open & closing dates: 01/11/2018 to 07/11/2018 Salary: $10.91 to $12.75 per hour
Pay scale & grade:* NA 7 Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type:* Intermittent
Service Repairer Of Applicances
We are seeking a Service Repairer Of Applicances to become a part of our team! You will perform necessary work to keep machines, mechanical equipment, and structure of an establishment in repair.
- Repair major and minor issues with equipment and buildings
- Complete maintenance and repair work orders, in a timely fashion
- Order and replace broken parts or equipment
- Maintain a clean and a safe work space
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Repair and install basic home appliances
- Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields
- Familiarity with hand-held tools and equipment
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle physical workload
Service Technician, Small Engine Repair
Sears Home Service, the home solutions division of Sears Holdings
Corporation, is the nation's largest product repair service provider, providing
more than 52 million solutions for homeowners annually is looking for an
experienced In-Home Service Technician with a great attitude
and the ability to help customers with their appliance repairs.
Small Engine Repair Technician, you must be highly organized and possess
excellent communication skills. We are seeking a dedicated team player who is
able to ensure fast, flexible, and expert service to every customer via
excellent time management skills.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN * LAWN EQUIPMENT
REPAIR * SMALL ENGINE REPAIR
At Sears, we provide competitive pay and
ongoing training in a collaborative, supportive, and team-oriented setting. In
the Service Technician role, you will enjoy working independently as a
representative of a leading retailer and in-home service provider.
the Service Technician, we provide the following:
- Service van
- Specialized tools
- Laptop computer
- Home dispatched (most locations)
- Industry training
- Various incentive plans
- Career opportunities
SERVICE TECHNICIAN * LAWN EQUIPMENT REPAIR * SMALL ENGINE REPAIR
Small Engine Service Technicians have opportunities to repair Lawn and Garden
Equipment, Riding Mowers, Push Mowers, Tractors, Tractor Attachments, Tillers,
Snow Throwers, Log Splitters, Chippers, Shredders, VACs, Grills, Power Tools,
Garage Door Openers, Recreation Equipment and a variety of home appliances in
the customers’ homes.
Repair responsibilities include:
- Providing timely and quality repairs of customers’ products
- Maintaining high-quality customer service and care
- Promoting and selling additional products and services
- Meeting key performance metrics and/or productivity goals
- Providing knowledgeable and courteous repair service
- Looking for ways to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience
- Communicating benefits of the Value Added Services Process to the customer
- Maintaining truck stock inventory within the prescribed company guidelines and standards
- Following the truck maintenance schedule and keeping a clean, organized truck
As Small Engine Service Technician, you must be highly organized
and possess excellent communication skills. We are seeking a dedicated team
player who is able to ensure fast, flexible, and expert service to every
customer via excellent time management skills.
Requirements of the Service Technician role include:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 1 – 2 years of small engine repair technician experience, preferred
- Ability to use a computer for parts inquiries and ordering
- Working mechanical knowledge, including the use of tools and test equipment
- Ability to perform accurate repair of customer product
- Ability to follow directions and specific process steps to ensure quality workmanship
- Flexibility to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime
- Must complete all technician training elements within required timeframes
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license for the state in which you are applying
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
Full Time Benefits
Small Engine Mechanic And Service Manager
We are looking for a Small Engine Mechanicto join our team! You will be responsible for repairing various small engines, outdoor power equipment and commercial roofing and construction equipment.
- Repair and service small engines, outdoor power equipment and commercial roofing and construction equipment.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance on company vehicles.
- Create estimates and communicate with vendors and customers.
- Perform quality inspections prior to delivery of new equipment/tools to the customer
- Previous experience as a small mechanic
- Knowledge of shop equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have own tools and transportation
- Valid drivers license and pass drug screen
Service Technician - Small Engine Mechanic
We are seeking a Service Tech to join our team! You will maintain and repair industrial production and processing machinery.
- Repair, install, and adjust commercial floor equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to work order requests in a timely fashion
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in machinery or other related fields
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
Marine Engine Service Technician
Davey Marine's Technician Requirements, Having some hands on experience with Outboard and or I/O Engines, preferably Mercury, Yamaha, MerCruiser and Volvo. Knowledge of Computers and Computer Diagnostics is beneficial. Additional Factory Training is available. Benefits are dependent on your Qualifications. Must have your own hand tools
Used Boat Sales, Parts and Service Departments
Engine Field Service Technician
You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career. This mid-range role is customer-focused and is your starting spot for multiple career paths within our Service business with training on our newest product updates.
An Extraordinary Cummins Technician Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering. Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications. Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
Mentors and coaches junior technicians. Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
Diagnoses and completes less complex repairs to engines at the customer's site. Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete less complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools. Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engine and related components in the field. Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor.
Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens. Identifies additional service opportunities with customer. Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation. Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor. Qualifications Skills and Experience Required:
Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair engines a field environment without direct supervision. Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams. Understand all safety aspects.
Ability to operate all standard service tools plus electrical testing equipment. Ability to work with detailed information under considerable time limitations and with minimal supervision. Possesses all the troubleshooting, diagnosing and repair capabilities of a highly-skilled technician involving diesel engine, engine governor, generator and engine control gear and electrical power switching mechanisms and their control.
Proficient in Windows XP; other computer software as required including Business Management System (BMS) and Outlook. Required Education, Licenses or Certifications High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical school or community college graduates preferred.
Minimum of 2 years' experience in repair and maintenance work of automotive engines Proficient in systematically troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing emergency power systems and related mechanical/electrical components. Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring and schematic diagrams. Thorough understanding of single phase and three phase AC electrical schemes.
Ability to properly and safely use and maintain common hand tools and electrical testing equipment. All drivers operating a company vehicle must be at least 21 years old; if the truck is a commercial motor vehicle per FMCSA regulation, the driver is required to hold or able to obtain a valid Commercial Driver License (CDL )._ Physical Requirements (times are approximate) Standing 7.5 hours per day Pushing/Pulling 4.0 hours per day Sitting 1.5 hours per day Lifting 1.5 hours per day Lifting up to a maximum of 80 pounds Bending 3.0 hours per day Driving 2.5 hours per day Compensation and Benefits Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today. Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins Job SERVICE Primary Location United States-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-US, OK, Oklahoma City, Cummins Southern Plains Job Type Shop Recruitment Job Type Technician Job Posting Jan 3, 2018, 9:27:31 AM Unposting Date Ongoing Req ID: 170005VB Date posted: 02/06/2018
Service Engine Technician/Block Welder
Position Title: Service Engine Technician/Block Welder
Location: New Orleans, Houston, or Cd del Carmen (Mexico)
Reports to: Service Coordinator
Our client is a division of the largest Caterpillar dealership. It is an authorized MaK, EMD, Mitsubishi, Heinzmann, Regulateurs Europa, and Napier dealer for diesel, natural gas engines, heavy-fuel engines, turbochargers, and governors & controls systems used in marine, petroleum, industrial, and electric power generation applications.
· Responsible for assisting with the service and overhauling of medium speed reciprocating engines and components.
· Perform welding repairs to large steel fabricated engine blocks used in power, marine, and locomotive service.
· Perform maintenance, overhauls, and repairs to engine components including injectors, fuel pumps, cylinder heads, turbochargers, and governors and control systems
· Work both in the workshop and in the field
· Travel to various customer locations upon as directed including shipyards, onboard ship service, power stations, and gas compression stations, and travel to other countries for extended lengths of time.
· Prepare technical reports for both internal and external customers.
· Exhibit a sense of urgency
· Be conscientious
· Be respectful to customers and co-workers
· Meets or exceeds the customers’ expectations as well as the Company’s initiatives and maintains Caterpillar’s standards of excellence.
· Must be capable within three months, to become certified by the EMD factory to perform weld repairs to large fabricated engine blocks typically used for locomotive service. A welder with certifications to fabricate and repair ASTM pressure vessels or other large, highly stressed steel structures including stress relieving and distortion control (during welding) should be able to become certified.
· High school diploma
· Associate or Bachelor degree in (Marine/Mechanical Engineering or Engine Technology) and/or minimum of 2 years’ experience in marine operations and/or maintenance operations is preferred.
Assistant Engineer License, OEM Service Technician level, or unlicensed seagoing experience for at least 2 years is preferred.
Good communication skills including reporting skills and listening skills.
Ability to develop leadership qualities.
Knowledge of large bore, medium speed diesel engine controls and automation systems on engines such as: MaK, MAN, Wartsila, Bergen/Rolls Royce, HiMSEN, Sulzer, MAN B&W, Mitsubishi, Niigata.
Ability to use diesel engine diagnostic equipment.
Experience with HFO, diesel, gas, duel fuel, & common rail engines.
Experience with maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of turbochargers such as Napier, KBB, MAN, ABB, STX is preferred
Good understanding of electrical and automation is desirable.
Ability to contribute a positive and motivated environment.
Bi-Lingual (English and Spanish) is highly desirable
Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Service Technician - Engine Mechanic Specialist -Albany, NY
Engine Mechanic Specialist
Albany, NY Locations:Albany, New York Job Family: Customer Services Apply English (US)
Requisition Number: 217048
Primary Location: United States-New York-Albany
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 60%
Division Description: Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an experienced Engine Mechanic Specialist to support our growing customer base primarily located in Albany,NY.This position may have responsibilities in any of six of the Siemens BT offices located in upstate NY (Potsdam, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Corning, Buffalo & Erie PA. We also service the state of Vermont and the Northern Counties of Pennsylvania). Your background and proven field experience with Commercial diesel and natural gas engines will drive your success in this challenging and exciting role.
• Dispatched to diagnose and repair electric power generation equipment including natural gas and diesel engines, emergency generators, transfer switches and switchgear at the customer's locations and Co-Generation facilities. • Perform engine inspections and preventative maintenance. • Conduct minor and major engine maintenance consisting of top-end and bottom-end overalls. • Perform engine combustion/emissions diagnostic testing. • Perform load-bank capacity testing. • Respond to customer needs in a positive, supportive, and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed. • Complete service reports, order parts, and maintain clear customer records. • Provide an excellent customer experience as you perform your daily activities. • Respond to after-hours emergency calls as directed by supervisor or an on-call schedule. • Travel will often be required, as this position is part of a NY statewide service team with responsibilities for all of upstate New York.
Technical Job related Qualifications include: • Associate's Degree in a directly-related technical field preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent a minimum requirement) and several years of comparable mechanic or electric experience will also be considered. • Certifications such as Caterpillar Engine, Generac Commercial, EGSA, NICET preferred, although not required. • 5+ years of relevant field experience, relating to large commercial natural gas or diesel engine diagnostics, and both corrective & preventive maintenance activities.
General Qualifications include: • Desire to provide qualified, outstanding, professional customer service • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • General computer and smart phone use knowledgefor daily use of reporting applications and work order entry. • Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid and clean driver’s license in order to meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle. • Able to operate applicable test gear and equipment as necessary for daily activities. • Able to work independently or as part of a small team under remote supervision and reporting. • Must be physically able to lift over 50lbs and work withoutrestrictions. • Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Why Siemens?
In addition to an awesome career opportunity, we offer: • A competitive base salary • Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance • Extensive product training, along with career development We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens! *LI-DRB
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .
Engine Field Service Technician - Diesel
- Arizona: Avondale, AZ
- Colorado: Henderson, CO
- Florida: Orlando, FL - Miami Lakes, FL
- Indiana: Mishawaka, IN
- Louisiana: Morgan City, LA
- New Mexico: Hobbs, NM
- Nevada: Elko, NV - Sparks, NV
- North Dakota: Minot, ND - Fargo, ND - Grand Forks, ND
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma, OK - Tulsa, OK
- Texas: Dallas, TX - Odessa, TX - Austin, TX
- Utah: Salt Lake City, UT - West Valley City, UT -
- Virginia: Manassas, VA
- Washington: Renton, WA - Sumner, WA
Work on industry leading engine technology such as High-horsepower GenSets, Integrated Power Systems, and PowerCommand panels in the Commercial Industrial, Data Center, and Prime Power markets while working in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
Skills & Experience
Diagnoses and completes less complex repairs to engines at the customer’s site.
- Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete less complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engine and related components in the field.
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Identifies additional service opportunities with customer.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
- Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision
- In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships and educating customers on operations and maintenance of products
- Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities
- Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line
- Familiar with basic warranty/policy terms
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements
- Can resolve common technical problems
- Basic level field service work experience
- Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Customer service experience
- Experience with Cummins QSK 30 to QSK 78 motors as well as experience with KTA 38 and QST 30 motors
- Experience with heavy duty on highway truck and emissions.
- 1 years of on the job experience with Diesel Engines, including CAT, Detroit, MTU, Cummins or others
- 1 years of on the job experience with complete engine rebuilds (must have rebuilt engines from the block)
- 1 years of on the job experience with High Horse Power Diesel or Natural Gas engines, (30 Liter and up)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!