Engineer Exhauster Job Description Sample
Construction Engineer - Engineer Senior & Engineer 2 Graduate
What Drives You?
At MnDOT, we are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota's nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging the work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
Job Class: Engineer SeniorWorking Title: Engineer Senior
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 01/15/2019
Closing Date: 01/18/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Transportation Department / Transportation-District 8-MGEC
Division/Unit: District 8 - Willmar / Marshall Construction
Work Shift/Work Hours: Not Applicable Shift
Days of Work: Monday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $29.92 - $43.84/hourly; $62,472 - $91,537/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 212 - MN Government Engineers Council/Engineers
Last Incumbent: (New Position)
Supervisor Name: Shanna Kent
FLSA Status: Exempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Provide contract administration and direct engineering supervision on bridge and/or highway construction projects to ensure compliance with contract provisions and MnDOT policies.
- Applicants must be licensed as a professional Civil Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design or be able to obtain licensure through reciprocity.
Engineer 2 Graduate:
A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university.
Two years of post-graduate civil engineering experience.
Completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
Required at both the Engineer Senior and Engineer 2 Graduate levels:
Knowledge of Windows based operating systems, spreadsheet and word-processing software applications as well as project scheduling software.
Work experience that demonstrates knowledge of principles and practices of highway and bridge construction, engineering, and contract administration.
Supervisory or leadwork experience and skills sufficient to ensure construction projects are completed in a timely manner.
A valid Class D Driver's License.
If advanced to the finalist pool, in addition to the preceding minimum qualifications, you will be assessed on the following criteria during a job interview:
Human relations skills sufficient to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Oral and written communication skills sufficient to effectively present technical information to a wide variety of internal and external customers.
Two years of Contract Administration experience (e.g., project management experience).
Knowledge of MnDOT Construction Plans content and organization.
Knowledge of MnDOT Standard Specifications for Construction.
Experience with Microstation.
All job offers are contingent upon the successful candidate possessing a valid Civil Engineering License, Driver's License verification (if using a state vehicle or seeking reimbursement for using a personal vehicle), Criminal Background Check, Employment Verification, SEMA4 Verification (for current state employees) and Reference Checks.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Christine Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/366-3410.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) encourages participation in all its programs, services and activities and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities. Anyone who believes they may need a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate in the job application, interview or selection processes may contact any agency official with whom applicant has contact in the processing of their employment application to request an accommodation. Applicants may also contact the MnDOT Affirmative Action office to request an accommodation by: E-mail: ADArequest.email@example.com; or by calling Janet Miller at 651/366-4720; or using MN Relay 711.
The MnDOT Reasonable Accommodation policy can be found at: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/policy/hr/hr009.html
Return to Previous Page
Middle Infrastructure Engineer / Systems Engineer
Our infrastructure team supports an ever-evolving environment while striving to be as stable for end users and developers as possible. This means recommending and implementing stable processes to manage short- and long-term deployment goals. Our development team delivers brand new functionality to support strategic analysis and imagery collections for mission critical systems within the AWS/C2S space. The ideal candidate should be able to both implement according to given designs and contribute to the architecture and feature discussions. This position is focused mainly on establishing and maintaining CI/CD processes within our infrastructure pipeline including environment setup, deployment, CM, routing, and image management
Our team is highly engaged with others as it is a complex multi-team environment. Engineers are encouraged and empowered to work with technologies that they are unfamiliar with to become the Subject Matter Expert for their team. Technical Leads on site rely heavily on empowering contributors to interface externally and internally to solve collections and tasking problems.
This site is a high energy environment that has the freedom to drive technologies and tools and as such looks to its developers to bring new solutions to the table whenever possible. Collaboration on teams and between teams is constant.
- Nexus (optional)
- DC/OS (Preferred)
- Traditional Routing and Load Balancing
- Git / Repository Management
- Jira Ticketing / Confluence
- Bachelor’s degree
- Active TS/SCI
- 5 years of experience
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Sr. Network Engineer And Wireless Engineer
- Very strong architectural skills, and be very knowledgeable of Cisco DMVPN technologies, and Xirrus wireless arrays.
- Entail innovation and roadmap direction of improvements in processes, equipment, and configurations.
- Work closely with the security group, server teams, and various other groups within the agency.
- Responsible for escalation support (diagnosis, troubleshooting & resolution), Root Cause Determination (RCA) leadership, network documentation, assessments, and generation and analysis of monthly reports.
- Occasional overtime may be required from the candidate, and weekly on-call participation is required.
- The global network is comprised primarily of Cisco components, and requires a highly skilled individual in routing, switching, load balancers, Trusted Internet connections and big picture network analysis.
Network Routing – 8+
Network Switching – 8+
Dynamic routing protocols -5+
Team leadership 2+
Trusted Internet Connections (TIC) 2+
CCIE Experience-7+ years
Enterprise Wireless 5+
Cisco WAN DMVPN 3+
Cisco devices 7+
Presentation skills 2+
Provide primary job duties
Job Duty 1 with % of time – Tier 3 Network engineering support 35%
Job Duty 2 with % of time – Network architecture / Wireless architecture 35%
Job Duty 3 with % of time – Project Management 10%
Job Duty 4 with % of time – RCA leadership 5%
Job Duty 5 with % of time – Reporting and analysis 5%
NewGen is an IT consulting services company specializing in IBM brands and related services for all agencies of the Federal Government, DoD and Commercial Sectors. We have cleared and un-cleared roles across the Globe. We strongly believe that in order to attract the most qualified candidate, we must offer truly interesting work at the best rate possible.
Solutions Engineer (Or Ios Engineer - That's A Strong Fit!), Data Insights Startup
They're looking for a solution engineer to work with some of the world's largest, consumer facing brands to help customize their infrastructure and marketing technology to solve their particular problems.
- Drive engagement with product marketing, product, consulting and customer success on existing gaps, futures, and product strategies
- Contribute and refine a world-class Solutions Engineering playbook
- Present at industry events, conferences, and meetups
- Spearhead the technical and solution pre sales campaign to prospective clients, including
- Technical discovery around current customers architectures and business and technical challenges/opportunities
- Host technical workshops where you’ll be sitting side by side developers instrumenting the mParticle SDK’s and API’s to demonstrate platform capabilities, and overcome all technical objections
- Develop custom applications across web, mobile, voice, and OTT platforms and integrate the mParticle platform to demo the solution in their current & future state
- Solution design for advanced use cases using their platform API’s and capabilities
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
- 5-10+ years experience in
- Solutions Engineering/similar role OR
- iOS Engineering with heavy API work (They're interviewing people with this very profile, and find it to be a strong fit!)
Senior Design Engineer (Intake & Exhaust Systems Engineering)
Auto req ID: 658
Title: Senior Design Engineer (Intake & Exhaust Systems Engineering)
Job Function: Engineering
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can't do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Product Development Center (PDC) located in Wauwatosa, WI is home to the mantra – You dream it. We build it. Join our team as a Senior Design Engineer (Intake & Exhaust Systems Engineering).
- Join our team as a Sr. Design Engineer and help support existing and next generation intake and exhaust systems within the Powertrain team.
This Intake & Exhaust Systems Engineering position will be held accountable for delivering the following:
- System Design
- World class clean sheet intake and exhaust system designs that meet H-D requirements for QCT and build on H-D's industry leading Look, Sound, and Feel.
- Knowledge Capture
- Development and documentation of intake and exhaust system best practices using standardized processes and tools: benchmarking; design & simulation guidelines; DFMEA & DVP&R templates; drawing templates; critical path planning templates and general knowledge management
- Development, integration and implementation of intake and exhaust system strategies and technology roadmaps across the H-D vehicle portfolio, including modularity/complexity strategies that support the cross-functional needs of the business.
- Position requires a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical area. Masters Degree in Engineering or related technical area preferred.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. In addition, they will have demonstrated the following:
Intake & Exhaust Component & System Design
Track record of delivering intake & exhaust designs that resulted in successful product launches.
Demonstrates experience with intake and exhaust systems with knowledge of how component geometry influences system functionality.
Knowledgeable of industry standard practices and directional trends for intake and exhaust design.
Demonstrates understanding of noise regulations, processes and procedures required to achieve World Wide Regulatory Standards.
Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate design direction to Engineering leadership and across the organization through one-on-one discussion, design reviews, and reports/presentations.
Confident and efficient in creating difficult parts, assemblies and drawings, leveraging most of the following skills: complex drafted features, complex filleting, sheet metal, simplified reps, mechanism models, and multi-sheet drawings.
Has executed clean sheet drawing datum structures and dimensioning schemes. Has conducted multiple part/system tolerance stacks using both straight and RSS stack up methods. Understands general inspection methods and how GD&T callouts can communicate functionality, feature importance and/or drive cost.
Design for Manufacturing (DFM) & Assembly (DFA)
Significant experience designing for many manufacturing processes and materials (such as injection molding, sheet metal stamping, forming and deep-drawing, extrusion, machining, plating, coating, painting, forging, HPDC, permanent-mold, investment, shell, sand and other casting processes, etc.).
Demonstrates experience in designing parts for assembly. Has developed designs that are easy and efficient to assemble correctly, difficult to assemble incorrectly, and accommodate the needs of the assembly operator and specific assembly line or station.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just about the degree you have or what you know. You must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything you do:
Value Individuality and Diversity
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance (within posted country)
Electrical Engineer 3, Sustaining Engineering.
From off-the-shelf product solutions to custom engineered products and systems, this company provides world leading experience and a record of unequalled innovation to meet or exceed our customer application demands. Complimenting the company's product leadership is a world class Flow and Level Calibration Facility in which all calibrations are performed in liquids or gases utilizing only N.I.S.T. traceable equipment and instrumentation.
Currently, we are seeking an Electrical Engineer 3, Sustaining Engineering.
OVERVIEW: Our ideal candidate will be part of the Sustaining Engineering technical team, which consist of other Electronic Engineers, a technician and a PWB designer. You will be assigned a product line to support. All members of the team are expected to lend assistance to the other members, in helping to resolve technical issues. Each engineer is the lead technical engineer for the product line or lines they support, and responsible for addressing all issues associated with the product line.
KEEP READING IF:
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
At the 12 month mark:
AS our ideal candidate you will show exceptional organizational skills to successfully demonstrate the ability to:
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS As the ideal candidate you will have the following education, prior experience and skills:
DISCLAIMERS: PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, climb, talk, hear, see and use complex repetitive motions.
Design Engineer - Structural / Stress Analyst - 1056
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for an early career mechanical, civil, and structural Engineer to join our Design Engineering team in Tullahoma, TN.
Structural Design Engineers/Stress Analysts With limited guidance and direction of experienced engineers: design, evaluate, analyze, and assist in the fabrication and installation of hardware across the complex, including process piping systems, drive systems, mechanisms, and test hardware. Design engineers work closely with test and system engineers in development of design requirements and ensuring proposed designs meet those requirements. Close coordination with manufacturing is required to ensure economic designs.
Some specific tasks associated with this type of work include (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Develop concepts for new hardware and provide structural/stress analysis, possibly including vibration analysis, to support the proposed design. Evaluate the analysis results for suitability relative to applicable codes and standards.
- Structural design and analysis of pipe supports, platforms, and other structural support members.
- Fatigue analysis of metal and composite materials for facilities, test systems, and process systems.
- Designing one-of-a-kind of test hardware including stress analysis of complex or unique geometries such as blades or flexures.
- Provide engineering support to the appropriate craft workforce to facilitate maintenance and repair of existing systems. Evaluate existing hardware for safety, security and potential for improvement.
- Work with the design team (drafters, checkers, etc.) to produce complete design packages, including detailed drawings, analysis reports, and equipment specifications, and be capable of communicating the details of these design packages to the remaining project team (system engineers, test engineers, project managers, craft supervisors, etc.)
- Coordinate with the appropriate system engineer, craft supervisor, and/or work planner to ensure that hardware is fabricated and installed in accordance with the approved design package.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in mechanical, civil, or structural engineering from an accredited college or university and 2 to 5 years of progressive and relevant experience in performing structural design and analysis.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Experience designing structures, ducting, fixtures, and supports
- Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the structural design.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
- Experience with interactions with fabrication and machine shops.
- Experience working as a project team.
- Familiarity with ANSYS FEA software package
- Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor CAD software
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
System Cost Engineer – Engine Systems - 976
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
- Component cost throughout program life for assigned commodities - including setting piece cost and investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and design changes.
- Working from process Bill of Material, drawings and/or samples the individual must be able to develop technical cost and investment/tooling models for Engine Systems components and systems using activity based costing methodologies.
- Provides subject matter expertise to support engineering and purchasing organizations at working levels and to executive leadership. Individual must have the ability to analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on appropriate piece cost and tooling cost using activity based costing.
- Has understanding of elements of piece cost and investment for various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities.
- Approval of tooling in Chrysler System and Asset Verification of tooling after tooling has been built. The Engine System components include Engine Cooling, Fuel Systems, Air Induction System, and Exhaust Systems.
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Finance, Business, and Engineering is highly preferred.
- 5 or more years of automotive product development, design, design/release costing for Engine Systems components.
- Highly preferred activity based costing experience with engine systems components.
- MS Office and Google Suite proficient. Excellent communication skills (oral & written).
- Team Center proficiency preferred.
- Occasional day trips with possible overnight travel are required, potential international travel to Mexico.
Expert Devops Cloud Engineer
WHY DO WE LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERY DAY?
With over 10,000 superstars across 48 different countries globally, it is hard not to be inspired every single day. At Finastra we celebrate in global knowledge sharing, diversity and an opportunity to make a difference for each other and for our customers.
We are on a journey. After bringing two global Fintech leaders together in June 2017, Finastra has truly recognized the opportunity and power we have, by combining our expertise, successes and passion together. Whether it is in a collaboration hub or innovating with colleagues across our global landscape, we are one team creating a network of talent and creativity in a stimulating environment, to do what we can to make a difference for our customers.
Our people are leaders in their role and are always looking for new ways to help our customers grow, compete and optimize their business. From a graduate Software Engineer to an experienced Sales Executive – we are looking for personal leadership and people with the appetite to understand the markets and customers we serve. We drive innovation that challenges the status quo and feel proud of the positive differences that we make every day. We recognize talent and provide a work environment where leaders can drive results, develop and grow their careers.
Success is what you do, success is what we achieve, together.
The future of Finance is open – combine your talents with Finastra opportunities to create an exciting career with us.
For more information, visit Finastra.com
Finastra is looking for an experienced, levelheaded DevOps Full Stack Engineer who likes to do things the right way and likes to build systems for their team to do things the right way. We want you to join our Cloud Enablement Team under Development Enterprise Architecture and work to define our environment in the Microsoft Azure cloud.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be part of the Global Technology organization and work closely other product engineers, architects and developers to build highly reliable products. The Development Operations Group manage the entire Microsoft Azure Cloud environment for FINASTRA development and as such we'll rely on your experience to help us build out the automated, shining beacon of best-practice infrastructure that we need, and your role will be supported by the teams of top-notch developers, support engineers and the entire Finastra organization to deliver the best of breed products and services to our clients.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge requirements:
As technologies move around us, we need a team of people who grow and adapt to new best practices. We look for people with:
At least 10+ years of computing experience, knowledge and excitement about the terrain and 3+ years of direct Azure experience
A solid grasp of the programming tools at their disposal, and knowledge of the time and place to use each one
Working experience with configuration management (e.g. Ansible/Puppet/Chef/DSC)
Working experience with monitoring (e.g. OMS/APM) and notification systems
Strong/Expert knowledge of Azure ARM templates and PowerShell, AZ CLI, shell, Python
Pragmatic problem-solving abilities dealing with complex systems
Comfort wearing lots of hats in a heterogeneous environment: working with web servers and databases, and software, dashboards and various IaaS systems and PaaS resources
Ability to deliver long-term, repeatable IaC solutions that incorporate directly into an overall CI/CD process
Strong/Expert knowledge of container provisioning and management (Docker/Docker Swarm/Kubernetes) a strong plus
Strong commitment to standardization
An excellent command of written and spoken English
The Cloud Enablement Group place exceptional value on experience and skills that directly align our needs within the Azure tech stack, specifically experience and knowledge of:
Azure IaaS and PaaS technologies in general -- a deep knowledge of the tools in the platform
Specifically, environment delivery of:
Application Service Environment
Azure Kubernetes Service
Azure SQL, Cosmos, etc.
Azure OMS/Application Insights
Global Traffic Manager
…pretty much any Azure PaaS resource in an automated, repeatable fashion through a combination of Azure ARM templates, PowerShell, shell, Python, etc.
Provisioning and capacity planning
Cloud SDN (Azure)
Strong security/audit awareness
Operationalization of solutions from Development POCs through Production
Vulnerability and patch management
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact us at 800-274-7280.
The Future is Collaborative. The Future is Open. The Future is Now.
Senior Oracle EBS Engineer
- Building and supporting application technical components for all in use Oracle EBS modules (GL, AP, AR, FA, HRMS, PO, OTL, OSC) based on business needs to promote and ensure re-usability.
- Collaborating with DBAs and department management on the architecture and design of all product development efforts.
- Conducting system analysis and performance profiling to identify critical areas for modification to ensure highest possible quality of code for scalability and performance.
- Supporting Oracle through timely maintenance updates and active bug resolution with operations personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field with at least three to five years of full life cycle development experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with Oracle E-Business Suite in AP, AR, GL, FA, PO modules, 3+ years of experience in APls and 5+ years’ experience with Oracle Database and Oracle Developer tools (Forms/Reports/Bi Publisher).
- Expert level knowledge in Reports, SQL, PL/SQL and in other RDBMS concepts required, as well as knowledge of Oracle configurations / setups for R12 E-Business Suite, table structures, schemas and knowledge of accounting concepts.
- Creativity, professionalism, proactiveness and an interest in new technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical persons.
- The ability to analyze problems and communicate and propose resolutions to issues.
- Basic understanding of Accounting Principles
- Prior experience with Oracle Workflow Builder and extensibility using OAF
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to lift up to 5 lbs
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!