Engineer Of System Development Job Description Sample
System Development Engineer
Job Description: Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Systems Engineers to drive the development, sustainability, and operations of our Cloud Computing networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become "The Infrastructure Platform" to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability and challenge us to be better, faster, and cheaper every day.In this role, you will work on a team of highly skilled Network and Systems Engineers responsible for the end-to-end ownership of our aggregation datacenter network. This includes the design/architecture, definition and enforcement of standards, security, sustainability/scalability, deployment, and operations of our current and next generation networks.Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, has a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time, and possesses a strong background in Ethernet and IP networks. The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment is essential.Basic Qualifications
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience in a similar environment.
- 3+ years' Linux development experience
- 3+ years' experience on object-oriented design and coding (Python preferred)
- 3+ years' experience working with IP networking fundamentals
Preferred Qualifications• A background in large-scale network design is highly desired. • Advanced software development/programming/scripting skills• Excellent analytical skills.
Server Storage Development Principal System Engineer
This position is for a Server Storage Development Principal System Engineer for Storage Products within Dell EMC's Infrastructure Solutions Group. The Server Storage Engineering Team is closely tied to most of the development organizations, including the platforms, OS teams, systems management, hard drives, and storage enclosures.
The position provides the opportunity for contributing to and setting the technical and design direction for a storage subsystem in Dell's server storage team, and responsibility for its implementation into the larger server and storage product lines.
This includes feature definition, development process execution and improvement, integration testing, fault isolation and resolution, manufacturing release, and resolution of design issues found in the field.
This is a technical development team role that requires strong verbal and written communication; understanding and defining complex system/solution architectures; and demonstrating engineering expertise and rigor through debug of complex issues for enterprise solutions.
Duties include all activities necessary to take a design from concept to production which may include: architecture definition, schematic reviews, design reviews, debug, test, issue resolution and factory support. The position is not a programming role, although solid concepts of high level programming languages (C/C++) is recommended.
Design and product development experience with Enterprise Storage products. Strong working knowledge of key RAID concepts such as: striping, caching, parity, failure & recovery, redundancy, storage performance, and hardware acceleration.
Ability to: identify potential product weakness; provide design guidance and recommendations for improvements to subsequent redesigns; participate in cross-functional development efforts.
Solution level knowledge of firmware; device drivers; server and storage management strategies; and application of experience in an enterprise development team with ability to drive complex technical issues to root cause.
Candidate should have strong embedded systems understanding and it's desired to have skills in python, UEFI, and Windows, VMWare, and Linux OS debug skills. Candidate should have solid working knowledge of PCI-e, SAS, SATA, and SCSI protocols. Prior experience with high availability storage subsystems is highly desirable.
Demonstrated ability to work under and deliver to date-driven schedules; write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation. Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Target is a BS or MS Engineering degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with 5+ years relevant experience.
Job Family: Engineering Graduates Job ID: R73660
Brake System Design And Development Engineer
Responsible for design and development of Brake and Electronic Accelerator pedal systems, coordination of program timing/design guidelines with supplier and packaging of pedal designs in vehicle environment.
Also, communicating technical requirements to internal areas such as power-train, electrical and vehicle development groups.
Should be able to root cause quality, build issues, and implement corrective actions.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree is required.
Knowledge of vehicle level brake system design and validation experience. Knowledge of brake system and performance and sizing modeling/analysis.
DFMEA/SFMEA and DVP-R experience such as: write/review/execute a system level DVP for a brake system.
Proven problem solving skill-set (ie: Shainin, DFSS, etc).
Experience with Technical report writing.
Please note: This position is part of the Chassis organization and is in the Brake Development & Actuation Systems group.
The engineers in this group are not responsible for the vehicle level brake system AND pedal systems both.
This group has 2 sub groups/teams: brake systems (i.e. master cylinder, vacuum pump, etc.) and electronic accelerator pedal systems.
This open position is for the brake systems engineer.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree is required from an ABET accredited university or equivalency in accredited institution.
1 year or more of engineering experience in brakes, chassis or related commodity.
5 years of experience preferred.
Knowledge of vehicle level brake system design and validation experience. Knowledge of brake system, performance, and sizing modeling/analysis. DFMEA/SFMEA and DVP-R experience such as: write/review/execute a system level DVP for a brake system.
Proven problem solving skillset (ie: Shainin, DFSS, etc).
Experience with Technical report writing.
Mechanically inclined and "hands on" experience, auto enthusiast desired.
Will be required to drive a company car.
Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
Vehicle level testing will be required on a regular basis.
0-20% travel required (combined) domestic and international.
Must be able to cross the boarder into Canada.
Must be able to travel to Mexico if needed.
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients' job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity.
At G-TECH, we embrace a personalized approach to professional staffing, recognizing the important link between employee and employer satisfaction. We work tirelessly to connect qualified job seekers with positions that align with their career goals, skillsets and personalities. Upon placement, we support our employees throughout the duration of their assignments, providing them with a direct point of contact who serves as a dedicated advocate and sounding board. As our employees can attest, this approach is consistently effective in bettering the contract employment experience.
At G-TECH, our mission is simple: we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.
of Openings 1
Recruiter Debra Blair
Recruiter Email email@example.com
Job Location US-MI-Auburn Hills
Electrical Engineer – Audio System Development
Triton Systems Inc. (http://www.tritonsystems.com) is a rapidly growing applied R&D and product development firm in the Greater Boston area. We invest in new technologies through in-house and external partnership, transforming innovative technologies into successful business ventures. Triton has a strong track-record of translating technologies from the laboratory to the marketplace. Triton portfolio companies have received over $200 Million in private venture financing. Spin-off Aduro Biotech had a highly successful IPO on NASDAQ in April 2015, and has a current market value of over $700 Million.
We are seeking a highly qualified and entrepreneurial engineer with a passion for bringing innovative products to market. Triton's diverse set of projects will give you experience across the engineering spectrum and allow you to shine in a fast-paced environment. Platforms include SONAR, medical products, energy harvesting, communication systems, hearing protection, acoustics, and ocean systems.
Program technical leadership
Ideation, technology research, and product development
Presentation of results to customers (written and oral)
Self-starter with the ability to recognize and creatively solve complex problems
4-year degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent; MS a plus.
3-4+ years of experience designing and implementing embedded systems hardware.
Previous work developing communication or other audio / acoustic systems.
Adaptability in a highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary environment
Broad interest in science and technology with an interest in expanding into new fields
Experience conducting analysis of alternatives and technology review
High degree of comfort working on early phase research projects.
Work independently on small projects or in larger project teams.
C/C++ programming skills, Assembly a plus.
Signal processing experience for commercial, medical or military applications.
Experience in system integration for embedded products.
Analog hardware design (amplifiers, filters)
Hands on experience in hardware validation.
Experience with common lab equipment (power supply, function generator, o-scope)
Ability to read schematics.
Experience in proposal-writing and contract R&D (e.g. SBIR) is a plus
Experience with other programming languages (Python, MATLAB)
General knowledge or experience with various embedded sensors (temperature, light, inertial, acoustic, microphones, hydrophones)
Experience developing on small, low-power embedded platforms and secure microcontrollers (MSP430, PIC, ARM Cortex-Mx)
Experience with mobile Linux, Android and iOS.
Experience with data analysis including statistics and regression analysis.
Software modeling for algorithm development (Neural networks, optimal detection schemes)
Experience with UI development using Node.js/React Native
Familiarity with wireless technologies (WiFi, ZigBee, Bluetooth, etc.)
Familiarity with common communications protocols (SPI, I2C, CAN, USB, RS-232)
Experience with simulating circuits in LTspice or equivalent.
Experience designing hardware and schematic using Altium Designer or equivalent.
Due to the nature of our business and information associated with this position, interested candidates must be US Citizens and may be subject to a security investigation.
Come join our success and grow with the strength of these fascinating new technologies. We are looking for individuals with confidence and the right stuff. We are an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/VEEO. We strongly encourage qualified women and minorities to apply. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Triton Systems, Inc. Headquarters is located at 200 Turnpike Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824.
Triton Systems is a U. S. Government contractor, therefore we are required to gather applicant information for Government reporting purposes. To apply for this position please go to our website's Careers section at www.tritonsystems.com and follow the Clicking Here link to our applicant tracking database to complete the application process. This will ensure efficient processing of your application.
Manager I NCS - System Development
- Hy-Rail Limits Compliance Systems (HLCS)
- Positive Train Control (PTC)
- Train Management Dispatch System (TMDS)
- The supporting Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Lead and guide 1-4 member development team
- Analyze requirements for complex technical projects to propose solutions
- Assist in the design of solutions
- Help develop business cases
- Design product specifications
- Help understand user acceptance criteria
- Contribute to the creation of accurate project estimates and timelines
- Provide timely and accurate updates on team progress
- Communicate changes to project plans
- Develop implementation plans
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Assist in research of complex technical issues
- Analyze new technology and recommend adoptions to address complex issues
- Openly express ideas and share technical and/or business knowledge
- Collaborating with PTC system vendors to understand Interface Control Documentation (ICD), product driver information and concepts of operations in order to ensure proper system integration considerations have been properly adhered to.
- Representing BNSF in the various industry level collaboration groups associated with developing the requirements for Interoperable PTC to ensure BNSF’s interests are protected.
- Ensuring Train Control Systems function appropriately and are technically sound and secure.
- Developing continuous improvement processes to assist with controlling costs, and improving efficiency to meet operating goals.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of processes and procedures that increase system reliability and availability; participating in disaster recovery procedures.
- Assisting in the planning, coordination, and authorization of updates, outages, maintenance windows, and any other activities that could impact the availability of the Train Control Systems.
- Assisting in root cause analysis of PTC system hardware, software, operating and messaging systems.
- Ensuring compliance with BNSF's policies, safety and operating rules, schedule agreements, and government regulations.
- Collaborating and providing input on best practices for software development and technology and methodology.
- Participating and influencing the development and execution of multiple project plans and determine resource allocation for Train Control and Operations Technology systems.
- Developing estimates, identifying tasks, and sequencing pertaining to complex technical activities relating to managing projects for Train Control Systems.
- Maintaining, monitoring, analyzing, and tuning system performance.
- Suggesting opportunities for improvement in practices for software development processes, technology, and methodology.
- Maintaining documentation for continuous improvement.
- Communicating, presenting, and recommending solutions in a timely manner.
- Supporting management and team members in order to meet goals of the projects.
- Leveraging external resources to solve problems.
- Communicating openly and effectively regarding development tasks, schedules, status, and designs to ensure dissemination of technical solutions.
- C# and .Net Framework (5+ years)
- Windows desktop applications (3+ years)
- Windows server applications (3+ years)
- Object Oriented development
- SQL server (5+ years)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with ASP.NET Web forms and MVC applications
- Experience with CAD, TSS, TMDS, GIS and PTC
- Experience with railroad operations
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/for-industrytwic.
Apply/View Full Description
System Test Development Engineer
System Test Development Engineer
Posted 10/9/2018 2:55:21 PM
Job Function: Manufacturing
Business Segment: Transportation Global Supply Chain
Location(s): United States; Pennsylvania; Erie
The System Test Development Engineer is to provide an interface between manufacturing, quality, and related engineering groups to maintain control of production test and repair facilities, solve technical problems, and develop/improve test solutions.
Primary task is to provide technical solutions for system test areas, test maintenance, and test area personnel. In this role, you will develop and integrate processes that meet business needs across the organization and manage and develop testing solutions within the functional areas of ownership/expertise. You will also be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy with a focus on improving test strategies, coordinating requirements, test development, quality, and engineering.
Interface with Engineering and Manufacturing to develop and/or improve manufacturing testing equipment from development through validation.
Provide ongoing technical support to test personnel and operational management to help them successfully complete the required testing tasks.
Provide global support to business priorities with the development, documentation, and training of testers.
Planning, designing, assembling, and commissioning of new test systems
Modifying software on existing systems, developing software on new systems, and managing data to a database
Accurate documentation of all test procedures, specifications, design documents, and training and support of test operators and technicians
Driving continuous improvement, design, and expansion of the test systems to support growth of the business and new product introduction
A.S. Degree in Engineering or Technical Discipline with at least six years related experience or
B.S. Degree in Engineering or Technical Discipline
Experience specifically in electrical or electromechanical assembly and test.
Test stand development involving instrumentation and programming.
Familiarity with production test development applications and processes
Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
2+ years of related systems or subsystems test of OHV, Locomotive, & Control manufacturing
Possess programming skills as applied to automated test and instrument control.
Proven ability to troubleshoot complex system, subsystem, and component level issues.
Strong background in the interpretation of engineering drawings, specifications, and electrical assembly manufacturing processes
Proficiency in NI LabVIEW, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Visio.
Experience using Wilmor harnessing system
Demonstrated experience with system and sub-system level integrity, hipot, and functional testing integrating power and control electronic assemblies.
Proven ability to research and resolve problems from historical design records
Ability to work in a matrix organization across different channels and cultures
Results oriented and self-motivated with an adaptable attitude to become an interchangeable team member
Strong project management skills
Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills often involving internal and external engineering, quality, and supplier issues
Demonstrated commitment for process improvement
Experience working safely with high voltage/current test systems
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Pennsylvania; Erie
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
System Development And Deployment Specialist
- Deploy physical and virtual servers through the installation and configuration of operating systems and software applications as directed by the COR.
- Perform expert level troubleshooting of Peace Corps servers and applications to ensure their stability and compliance with Peace Corps standards and security requirements.
- Perform quality assurance (Q&A) testing against new server builds upon their completion to certify that all steps were performed accurately and completely.
- Provide services for the preparation and deployment of both physical and virtual servers, both in-person at the Peace Corps headquarters, and via remote connectivity to global sites.
- Follow, provide feedback on, and update Peace Corps documentation and processes to connect to servers, install and configure the operating systems and other applications.
- Troubleshooting and coordination may be required when problems are encountered during the build process.
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, and enterprise products such as Exchange server and SQL server
- LAN/WAN network supporting TCP/IP and VPN
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Hardware/Software installation and troubleshooting
- CompTIA certification or equivalent
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant experience
- Advanced Degree (Masters) required
SME System Engineer (Core Engineer
Key Must Have Skills, Experiences and
- IT generalist with broad experience and strong current understanding of all IT domains (Infrastructure ,Networking, Applications engineering, Security, Mobile, Cloud, Big Data and others)
- Ability to be a strategic thinker, one who can align Engineering Projects, Processes and related artifacts to the Agency’s IT Strategic Plan
- Responsible for ensuring the reliability, security, and optimal performance of the AGENCY IT infrastructure by:
- Developing, improving, and maintaining IT engineering standards and reference artifacts o Providing engineering oversight and verification/validation services of IT engineering projects by reviewing and/or developing these artifacts to include requirements, architecture, design, development, test, security, migration and other relevant engineering artifacts
- Strong experience and considered an expert at a global enterprise scale in the design, implementation, integration and maintenance of : o IT Networking and Infrastructure – experience with Routers, Firewalls and Switches- Cisco IPS and Cisco wireless, experience is a plus
- WAN and Application Performance Optimization experience using tools like Riverbed etc.
- Enterprise IT Storage solutions including transition from traditional monolithic storage solutions to cloud-first strategies
- Active Directory and related directory services including Single Sign-on (SSO) tools and ADFS o SAML 2.0 and PKI
- Microsoft Server lifecycle management and upgrade evolutions o System Center Configuration Manger (SCCM) o Virtualization and Cloud (AWS, Azure, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, VMware) o Strong experience in IT Infrastructure security engineering area
- Ensures IT Infrastructure products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods.
- Prepare assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on sophisticated testing, research, and analysis.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensure they verify/validate the security requirements.
- Experience working with Federal Security Regulations including FISMA, FedRAMP, OMB Circular A-130, NIST, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Special Publication Series 800 and FIPS Publications
- Strong experience with the principles of IT security and cybersecurity tools and technologies to include:
- Nextgen Firewall o Malware protection o Intrusion Protection systems
- Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) technology using Palo Alto while incorporating Layer-7 policy sets.
- Engage in an assessment of the AGENCY IT infrastructure to develop an as-is and to-be states by working with the stakeholders and factoring in gaps, strategic goals and challenges in the current environment
- Experience in conducting root cause analysis of IT Infrastructure and Network malfunctions and their remedial strategies
- Experience with analysis of IT Service Desk Tier 2,3 incidents to determine areas of improvement and focus for user training
- Provide technical support as IT consultant to C level executives and solution engineering teams
- Support the timely resolution of selected Tier 3 or higher IT Infrastructure trouble tickets in the above mentioned areas
- Participate in the implementation discussion of new technologies and platforms
- Ability to manage stakeholder’s expectation on multiple high priority competing tasks
- Assist with planning and implementing systems and network integrations- Document the design, and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures
Secret or Higher Clearance Required
- MA/MS and 8+ years’ experience or BA/BS and 10+ years’ experience
- AWS certifications and related IT networking, security certifications is a plus
- Strong experience in IT networking and infrastructure and/or Software Engineering with both Waterfall and Agile, Agile/SAFe certifications is a plus
- Experience drafting concept definition papers, analysis of alternatives, and business cases as necessary
System Engineer - Windows 10 Image Engineer
This position is for a Windows 10 engineer at federal customer. The engineer will develop and test the Windows 10 image to be deployed CONUS and OCONUS. Image will be place on laptops for IT refresh and deployed In-Place (using SCCM) on existing desktops worldwide.
This position is for a Technical SME with enterprise scale Windows 10 migration experience. The task involves developing and testing the Windows 10 image. The task includes analysis of the environment (network, hardware and applications) to assess gaps in USAID readiness.
Work will be performed out of the client’s facilities in Arlington, VA and Washington DC.
Required skills/Level of Experience:
Position requires 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Experience with windows migrations and active directory upgrades
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs to support the implementation of STIG settings on file and print services, DNS, Domain Controllers and application servers
- Managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Window Server 2012, to include 2012 STIG deployment
- Building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows servers in multi-tenant enterprise environments
- Experience with Enterprise Backup software
- Harden Windows operating systems to STIG compliance
- Experience managing Active Directory architecture and replication in a multi-domain environment
- Experience with Active Directory design
- Experience with large scale datacenter design and operations
- Must have Windows 10 Migration experience
- Must have SCCM experience
- Must have Microsoft Edge browser experience
- Experience working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMWare) required
- Experience utilizing VB/Powershell to automate common functions
- Experience migrating large infrastructures from physical to virtual environments
- Build a standard Windows 10 image and standard configuration to be approved by USAID, Test and pilot Windows 10 standard configuration, Document standard build and configuration
- Configure Office 365 products for installation on the Windows 10 approved standard configuration, Test Office 365 products with the Windows 10 configuration, Pilot to ensure operability with all USAID enterprise systems, Document standard configuration, Work with Microsoft Azure support staff to ensure Office 365 functions properly in the USAID environment
- Test Windows 10 (MS Edge and IE11) browser compatibity with USAID enterprise applications and ensure the AD infrastructure is unaffected.
- Configure and test to ensure systems work with USAID enterprise systems, Pilot to ensure compatibility and functionality on USAID enterprise systems
- Engineer a solution for in place upgrades of existing endpoint devices Test and pilot in place upgrade solution
- Conduct gap analysis between current environment and what is provided/supported in Windows 10 and Office 365
Off-shift coverage will be required for support of systems and/or scheduled maintenance and system upgrades. The ability to write shell scripts and utility programs for Windows system maintenance is also a plus. Experience with Riverbed SteelFusion is desired.
Candidate must have experience in development of implementation guides based on NIST 800-53 moderate and high impact baselines and also must have Federal customer experience and be able to obtain federal Secret level security clearance, if needed. To be successful in this position, the candidate must also display excellent teamwork skills, written and oral communication skills, and formal documentation skills.
Desirable Certifications are as follows:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
Required: US Citizen with the ability to obtain Secret Clearance
Junior Engineer – System (Sensors) Assessment Engineer
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Junior Engineer – System (Sensors) Assessment Engineer in Huntsville. At MTSI, our more than 900 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company's future!
MTSI's core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 25th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking a Junior System Engineer to support BMD System Assessment of MDA scenarios. This engineer will support to the System Assessment Directorate (MDA/EEA) supporting Operational Capacity Baseline (OCB) Working Group (OWG), Technical Capability Declarations (TCDs), and Annual Assessment Report (AAR) findings for BMDS radar fielding decisions and capability upgrades.
Provide BMD System Assessment support to AN/TPY-2 (FBM), SBX, COBRA DANE, or UEWR improvements and software upgrades for OCB Planning, Status, and Decision Briefs.
Review and provide comments for Assessment Requirements (ARs) allocated to upcoming Ground Test events. Check ARs for appropriately defined conditions to be used for scenario design. Participate in Technical Reviews and Rapid Scenario Prototyping (RaSP) Stakeholder Reviews for assigned ARs.
Assessment Plans (APs) and Assessment Requirements (ARs) are used to verify that scenarios designed for the each Ground Test event will meet test objectives and requirements by determining upcoming capabilities and upgrades and how to best test them in the BMDS.
Participate in Assessment Requirement (AR) development process, reviewing Assessment Plans, and draft requirements and conditions.
Develop Assessment Plans (APs) based upon BMDS and System Requirement Review (SRR) information, System Description Document (SDD), System Specification (SS), element briefings, and element information such as Preliminary Change Notices, Requests For Information (RFIs).
Draft information briefs on future capabilities as needed.
Participate in meetings to track software development and schedule.
Interface with GMD and C2BMC to ask questions and get answers regarding upcoming capabilities and how to best test them using Ground Test.
BS in engineering, math, physics, or other science related field
Strong written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
Ability to obtain a Secret clearance (required) or current Secret clearance (highly desired)
Future capability to independently develop technical white papers, briefings, etc., as required by the customer to communicate complex technical issues across MDA Engineering Directorate
Knowledge of Integrated Master Assessment Plan (IMAP)
Familiarity with Enhanced Homeland Defense (EHD) and Robus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!