Engraver Hand Hard Metals Job Description Sample
RS Engraver Sr (Machinist / Placard)
[[cusuniqSkills]] Education and Experience
High School graduate/GED.
Basic mechanical and artistic aptitude. Strong math skills are required. Four (4) years engraving experience.
Previous aircraft experience preferred. Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and engineering drawings that are specific to engraving. Position Purpose:
Under minimal supervision, the Engraver Senior produces various types of placards and legends for installation in aircraft or for shipment to customers. Principal Duties and
Essential Functions: 1.
Refurbishes or modifies existing placards and legends for re-installation in aircraft. 2. Provides customized placards and labels for in-house use. 3. Produces, modifies, repairs or refurbishes placards, adhesive labels, and engraving services. 4.
Establishes priorities based on delivery schedules. 5. Works with engineering to implement requirements and changes that are acceptable to the company, customers and the FAA. Additional Functions: 1.
Designs and builds jigs for securing materials to be engraved. 2. Performs other duties as assigned. Other
Must be able to lift, carry, move, push, pull and install 30-50 lbs, unassisted. 2. Must be able to wear all required safety equipment. Must be able to walk, sit, stand, climb, crawl, twist, bend, and lie on creeper or work ability to gain entry, work in confined areas and work from elevated platforms (reached via ladder). 3.
Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required to meet business needs. Must be flexible on shift work, i.e. rotating from all shifts. 4. Possess personal skills including creativity, problem solving ability, mechanical inclination, organization, initiative, and the ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
Languages Required (in addition to English): [[cusLanguage]] Additional Information Requisition Number: [[id]] Category: [[customString3]] Percentage of Travel: [[custravRequired]] Shift: [[cusShift]] Employment Type: [[filter2]] Posting End Date: [[custextPostEndDate]] Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee. Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap Copyright © 2014 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
A General Dynamics Company. Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Project Manager / Architectural Metals
We are seeking a Construction Project Manager to join our team! You will oversee project planning, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation...
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields
- Familiarity with construction management software
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Metals Stockpiling Supervisor (2Nd Shift) Metals Or Scrap Recycling
STOCKPILING SUPERVISOR (2ND SHIFT) METALS or Scrap RECYCLING EXPERIENCE
The Stockpiling Supervisor (SS) reports to the Terminal Operations Manager. The SS assists in the monitoring, coordination, and execution of activities pertinent to the optimum efficiency, and economy of processing operations, product shipping and profit maximization associated with general and industrial ferrous operations within assigned yard(s).
The Stockpiling Supervisor SS will achieve this through effective communication with supervisory staff, commercial operations, peers, subordinate personnel; appropriate inventory management; efficient work prioritization and scheduling; adherence to quality standards/guidelines; continuous training and development; observance of safety and environmental policies and procedures; timely processing of administrative paperwork; and general department maintenance. The incumbent will manage the ferrous Work in Process (WIP) inventory and the Finished Goods (FG) inventory.
The Stockpiling Supervisor will also coordinate the shipping of finished goods to include pre-staging as required, packing list preparation, coordination with the logistics group and transportation company, and the ultimate loading of the material for shipment. A major facet of the Stockpiling Supervisor’s role is to ensure conformity as to industry and customer packaging and product specifications. Attention to detail is paramount to success so the SS who must be proactive and enforce process and quality standards to ensure that the ferrous material provided to MRB consumers always meets, or exceeds, specifications.
This position operates within somewhat flexible parameters.
- Environmental Health & Safety:
- Ensures safe work practices and equipment are used at all times and that documentation, inspections, and current practices are in accordance with corporate safety policies, OSHA and other regulatory guidelines. In addition, provides a safe environment for all customers at the shredder.
- Creates Health & Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) with Regional Safety Engineer.
- Monitors safety program to reduce accident frequency within department, implements new safety ideas/procedures and establish safety goals
- Operational Performance & Best Management Practices:
- Directs, evaluates, schedules and coordinates equipment and personnel to support
- Daily ferrous operations, including positioning for processing, material processing and loading of ferrous scrap.
- Creates and maintains a layout plan for all physical spaces assigned to ferrous processing and shipping. Identifies WIP and FG storage bins and equipment process locations to ensure a proper work flow is achieved.
- Submits and/or implements approved process improvement suggestions to improve overall refining quality, profitability and or safety within ferrous department. Collaboratively communicates and partners with MRB Ferrous Operations Committee to ensure best practices are presented, reviewed, and implemented accordingly.
- Inventory & Quality Control
- Evaluates incoming ferrous material ensuring that inventory quantity and product quality guidelines are adhered to while being cognizant of inventory requirements required to meet existing and pending contractual quantity/quality obligations.
- Prepares Time & Weight Analysis reporting for customer material and to documents equipment processing time for various commodities. Validates that material purchased over the scale and associated scale tickets are accurate with the actual material purchased.
- Trains production personnel in the use of testing equipment.
- Maintains positive inventory control, especially over Work In Process (WIP) material, monitors storage containers so that containers are adequately marked with “tare” weights and that large permanent bins, when used, are clearly marked as to the date when the bin was last emptied of that product.
- Coordinates material pricing, providing price quotes on ferrous products to individuals, industrial accounts, and dealers; grading, processing, sales, and shipment pertinent to ferrous operations.
- Equipment and Maintenance
- Inspects allocated department equipment, ensuring all assets are working within stated guidelines and submitting work orders to maintenance staff as needed or required.
- Administrative Management
- Monitors and maintains exempt and hourly staff at cost effective and competitive levels.
- Monitors supervisory practices for self and his/her direct reports to ensure compliance with HR policies and union contracts.
Joint Product Supervisor - Metals Recycling Industry
General Position Summary &
The JP Operations Supervisor (JPOS) reports directly to the JP Operations Manager (JPOM) and oversees the day-to-day activities associated with the collection, processing and treatment of Auto Shredder Residue (ASR) prior to shipment to the landfills. The incumbent oversees nonferrous (NF) metal recovery and fluff stockpiling processes in compliance with state regulatory requirements. The JPOS assigns daily duties for pickers / cleaners in this department. The JPOS assists the JPOM, Shredder Manager, Terminal Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager, Regional Environmental Manager, Regional Safety Engineer(s) and facility and regional Commercial teams with issues pertaining to optimizing physical plant operations. Maintains a safe work environment and assists the Regional Safety Engineer(s) in training employees on safety procedures.
This position operates within somewhat flexible parameters. The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all facets of the JP operations. Providing the highest quality product safely, effectively and efficiently decreases accidents and errors and increases profits. Responsibilities are to ensure that compliance is maintained according to state regulations. Continuous process analysis and improvement is required to ensure maximum efficient metal recovery which is measured daily.
- Environmental and Health & Safety (H&S)
- Ensures safe work practices and equipment are used at all times and that documentation, inspections, and current practices are in accordance with corporate safety policies, OSHA and other regulatory guidelines. In addition, provides a safe environment for all employees, customers and visitors.
- Creates Health & Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) with Regional Safety Engineer(s).
- Ensures all department employees receive timely safety and operational training and that the appropriate documents (signed acknowledgement forms) are prepared. Maintains employee files per regional practice.
- Assigns an employee to be on the Safety Committee and personally attends Safety Committee meetings on rotation with other managers.
- Monitors safety program to reduce accident frequency within department, implements new departmental safety ideas/procedures in line with overall MRB Health & Safety goals.
- Responsible for understanding and monitoring the regulatory environment as it affects this department and the Company’s relationship with the regulatory agencies
- Oversees the JP plant operations and ensures that all equipment is operated and maintained properly.
- Purchases chemicals, fly ash or cement pumps and/or parts necessary to maintain proper functioning of the JP Plant.
- Prepares the scheduling for major projects to the JP Plant including manpower, equipment, downtime and timeline
- Ensures that processing and storage of finished goods is done in compliance with internal controls already set in place.
- Monitors daily production reports to continuously improve throughput, reduce costs/expenses; increase profitability and maximize metal recovery.
This position directly supervises a group of employees on up to 3 shifts.
Exposure to physical operations at metal recycling yards; it is necessary to walk/climb in active industrial yards with uneven surfaces and to out-of-the-way areas. Outdoor environment with exposure occasional exposure to inclement weather, dust and dirt associated with a scrap yard facility conditions.
Workload is cyclical and often reactive and cannot be anticipated or planned for. Work pressure can be substantial during peak times, requiring considerable adaptability; disturbances of work flow, and/or irregularities in work schedule are expected and occur on an intermittent basis. This can present significant time pressures when strict adherence to deadlines is critical. Often many extra hours are required, weekend, weekday and holidays. Regular overtime is required. Offsite work may involve visiting other locations. Occasional travel is required.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
Able to: sit, stand, or walk for up to 12 hours per day; bend, crouch; climb, balance, push/pull, lift or carry up to 50 pounds; hand and finger dexterity to grasp tools and equipment parts to make repairs; able to negotiate over and around uneven surfaces. Visual acuity for close inspection of documents, schematics, and equipment parts for repairs.
High school diploma or equivalent. 2-5 years of manufacturing work experience, with 1-2 years of managerial experience. Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of manufacturing processes required. Prior experience managing and leading a work crew is necessary. Maintenance background preferred. Previous exposure to working within a unionized environment is a plus. This is a specialized job that requires intensive in-house training. Spanish speaking helpful but not necessary. This position requires possession of a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive an automobile.
Hard Working Assemblers With Construction Experience
Assembler uses cordless drill and impact driver to assemble metal containers that house electrical components. These power boxes are then sent to companies like Souther California Edison.
Must know how to use hand tools and measuring tape.
Lots of Overtime.
Elias & Co Staffing 909-218-7272- ask for Valerie
Metals Shop - Assemblers
We are currently recruiting for 1st and 2nd shift Metal Shop Assemblers for a company located in West Allis, WI - BUSLINE ACCESSIBLE!
1st Shift: 7:00-3:30 2nd Shift 3:30 – 12:00 am
$14.00/hr - $15.00/hr DOE
SITE Staffing does not accept phone calls regarding any job postings. If interested in a position, please submit your resume for review. If accepted as a possible candidate you will be contacted within 48hrs. We do not contact those candidates that are not invited to complete our application. If you have any questions regarding our postings, we ask that you submit those inquiries via email.
*Equal Opportunity Employer * Defined by Diversity * Accredited Member of BBB*
VP Operations - Metals
To qualify you must have experience in plant melting operations for refining. Must have melting, furnace and refining equipment, processes and people experience to be considered. Must be able to solve problems to keep things running. Must be able to make informed and often quick decisions with the production group to ensure things run smoothly. must be able to work with people of all expertise levels. Cannot be office bound, must work with the production floor. Must help guide learning and conversations between divisions. must be able to suggest equipment upgrades. ideally engineering background in metallurgy, mining, chemical.Must be able to summarize and report data to Executive Team. Must be able to remain calm and guide teams in critical situations where process may have gone wrong.
- Factual about your Opinions
- Data Oriented
- A Conservative Risk Taker - willing to take the risk
- Urgent with methodology and work load
- Fast Paced
- Detail Oriented
If this sounds like you, keep reading. If it doesn't sound like you, don't. We are looking for a take charge person to take our organizational foundation to the next level. You will be assisting Executives with projects that pertain to improved metals recovery and refining. Your scope will be constantly growing, changing and accelerating as long as you perform at our above expectations. You must have manufacturing and metals processing experience…no relocation offered.
Manufacturing Ops Manager - Metals Industry
Manufacturing Operations Manager – Metals Industry Experience
Are you a high potential experienced Manufacturing Operations Manager with Metal Industry experience? Do you aspire to be a Plant Manager? Are you a strong collaborative leader? Are you coachable? If you are nodding your head yes, you owe it to yourself to read on. Successful candidates will be a part of a Plant Manager Development Program. This is an exciting opportunity, a great company to work for with career growth opportunity and good benefits.
KEY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- 5+ years of Manufacturing Operations Experience in the metals industry
- 5+ years of proven collaborative leadership experience with ability to hold team accountable
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing operation
- Working knowledge of Lean Mfg Processes and have led in a Lean Environment (TPS exp.)
- Have a personal core value that Safety is #1
- Resume shows job progression within a company
- Very strong desire to be a part of the Plant Manager Development Program
- Strong financial acumen
- Commercial experience is a huge plus
- Be very coachable
- Experience with leading a minimum of 100 people in a manufacturing plant with a min. of 3-4 Direct Reports
- Strong financial acumen with P&L responsibility
- Strong analytical skills, ability to gather, interpret and analyze information, provide clear direction
- Proven Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively with supervisors, peers and subordinates.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of change management
- Commercial experience is a huge plus
- Fluency in English is required
- Travel:TBD, however, possibly 10-20% of the time based on need.
- Note: Most likely will need to relocate a 2nd time for the Plant Manager opportunity.
- B.S. in Engineering / B.A. in Business or equivalent
- MBA Preferred
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Oversee and lead all Production related Operations.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture through a foundation of the company’s lean manufacturing system
- Drive superior EHS performance through an “all injuries are preventable” attitude and approach.
- Exposure working closely with the commercial team to grow revenue and market share.
- Maintain effective employee/labor relations and an engaged workforce.
- Plan, implement and control plant activities to achieve plant performance goals consistent with company’s objectives.
- Actively participate in business reviews, planning and strategy sessions as required
- Build relationships and work across levels and organizational boundaries to generate results and progress
Project Manager For Structural Steel And Misc Metals Fabricator
G2 Metal Fab is an established, family owned and team culture oriented metal fabrication company in the Bay Area (Livermore) that specializes in Miscellaneous Metals and Structural Steel for the industrial and commercial construction sectors. We are looking to hire a project manager that fits with our company culture and embodies our core values of teamwork, excellence and integrity to manage multiple jobs with contract sizes ranging from 5K to 3M. This is a full time position with a competitive benefits package; salary is negotiable based upon your experience and skill set.
- Contract review and management.
- Coordinate with detailers to produce shop and submittal drawings.
- Identify and write RFI's.
- Negotiate, contract and manage subcontractors and vendors.
- Price and track change orders.
- Monitor and control project scope, schedule and budget.
- Ensure compliance of contract specifications and industry standards.
- Communicate and coordinate with general contractors and erectors.
- Create and manage the project's schedule of values and invoicing.
- Engage with the management team to contribute to the business building strategies.Required Knowledge and
- Minimum three years of experience as a project manager preferably in the structural steel and/or miscellaneous metals industry.
- Mechanical, architectural and/or construction background.
- Knowledge and proficiency with computers and programs (Excel, word, outlook, etc.).
- Great teamwork and people skills.
- Practical problem solving ability and analytical skills.
- Professional attitude.
- Strong communication skills. Read, write and communicate in English.
- Code knowledge a plus (AISC, AWS, IBC, CBC, OSHA)
- Knowledge of ASIC Approved Fabricator program is a plus but not required.
- Pass a mandatory drug test.
In you are interested in this role and joining the G2 team please e-mail us your resume.
Laborer - The International Metals Reclamation Company, Inc.
The International Metals Reclamation Company LLC ("INMETCO") is a leading recycler of metal-bearing wastes, and a leading processor of nickel-cadmium (NiCd) batteries in North America. We are currently looking for temporary employees to work in our battery room.
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: light industrial work, sorting, disassembling and recycling batteries, operating a fork truck and using small air tools.
High school diploma and the ability to work a Monday to Friday 7am- 3pm shift as well as flex shifts when needed.
WAGE RATE: $11 PER HOUR
INMETCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
• To apply, please stop by INMETCO
• for an application or contact Lisa Martin:
• One INMETCO Drive, Ellwood City, PA 16117
• Phone:724-758-2806 Email: Imartin@inmetco.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!