Engraver Machine Job Description Sample
Seasonal Engraver - Will Train
- The Teammate will be trained to be a member of a work group. The work group is responsible for engraving, quality inspecting, re-packaging, gift wrapping and shipping customer's orders.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
*Opens and or/stages product to assist in the personalization process
*Inspects merchandise pre-production to ensure product quality
*Remains updated on current product assortment and the best way to set up machines for maximum productivity and minimum shrink
*Applies personalized messages to merchandise using a variety of methods and equipment
*Inspects merchandise post production to ensure accuracy of personalization and that all quality standards have been met
*Applies any customer ordered add-ons to product, such as color fill or gravoxide
*Confirms integrity of orders by ensuring all pieces are accounted for and appropriately packs orders
*Performs preventive maintenance of machines and understands when to refer machines for repair
*Meets established productivity and quality standards
Adapts to business needs through willingness to cross-train and perform other tasks as needed
Demonstrated ability to meet goals in a fast-paced environment
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Ability to read English, write legibly and communicate effectively with others
Good spelling and grammar skills required
Basic Windows operating system knowledge
We are looking for career oriented, hardworking and dependable manufacturing professionals to join our production team. SGS is looking for people who can work independently, maintain a clean and safe work environment, and eventually cross train in multiple positions.
Our facility operates 24/7, the right candidates must be able to work shift work to qualify. Starting pay is $16 per hour with no experience. For those with manufacturing experience and or advanced education/skills, starting pay can be higher. Our company offers competitive benefits, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, short & long term disability.
Experience: Trade school certificate in Graphic Arts/Printing or equivalent experience preferred.
Machinist /Cylinder Maker - operate all machinery designed to manufacture gravure cylinder bases to the required specifications. This includes areas of plating, engraving and proofing.
Machinist/Cylinder Maker Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, physically type data into a computer keyboard, interact verbally in person and on the phone, vision to include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision. Ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs and/or occasionally move up to 70 lbs.
EOE AA m/f/vet/disability
Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift (Doering A Wilson Tool Company)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Machine parts which have multiple features.
- Operate a variety of machine types or multiple non-complex machines at a time.
- Maintain an existing process which would include but not limited to: offset machine tools, change tooling as required, load material.
- Monitor machine performance to ensure that product quality and specifications are achieved.
- Inspect completed work independently using advanced measurement / inspection tools.
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Monitor SPC data / trends to ensure process control.
- Prepare future jobs while machines are manufacturing product.
- Ability to train new operators.
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, bench operations and inspect.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Must contribute to Doering’s culture of continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year manufacturing related experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
- Demonstrated success using technical math skills such as Algebra, Geometry in practical applications.
- Must have the ability to adjust programs and set up multiple styles of machines with proven processes.
- Mechanical aptitude / troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Employee must have ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Work performed in a manufacturing/machine shop environment.
- Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Prolonged standing.
- Regularly required to walk, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Mechanical Design Engineer - Machine Design - 1058
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Mechanical Design Engineer for Machine Design to join our team in Tullahoma, TN.
Mechanical Design Engineers design, evaluate, analyze, and assist in the fabrication and installation of hardware across the complex, including process piping systems, drive systems, mechanisms, and test hardware. Mechanical design engineers work closely with test and system engineers in development of design requirements and ensuring proposed designs meet those requirements. Close coordination with manufacturing is required to ensure economic and feasible designs.
Some specific tasks associated with this type of work include (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Develop concepts for new hardware and provide thermal, structural, flow, or any other required analysis to support the proposed design. Evaluate the analysis results for suitability relative to applicable codes and standards.
- Designing one-of-a-kind of mechanisms, wind tunnel models, and test fixtures including associated stress analysis.
- Provide engineering support to the appropriate craft workforce to facilitate maintenance and repair of existing systems. Evaluate existing hardware for safety, security and potential for improvement.
- Work with the design team (drafters, checkers, etc.) to produce complete design packages, including detailed drawings, analysis reports, and equipment specifications, and be capable of communicating the details of these design packages to the remaining project team (system engineers, test engineers, project managers, craft supervisors, etc.)
- Coordinate with the appropriate system engineer, craft supervisor, and/or work planner to ensure that hardware is fabricated and installed in accordance with the approved design package.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university plus 6 – 9 years of progressive and relevant experience in machine design, mechanism design, and stress analysis.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Experience selecting automation, gears, bearings, drives, etc.
- Experience use finite element analysis (FEA) software
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience designing machines, mechanisms, stress analysis, etc.
- Experience with interactions with fabrication and machine shops.
- Working understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Familiarity with wind tunnel model design and fabrication
- Familiarity with turbine and rocket test cells, wind tunnels, space chambers, and/or arc heater facilities; or other industry product test facilities is desirable.
- Experience with injection mechanisms
- Experience with positioning and control systems
- Experience with prototyping and checkouts
- Experience with ANSYS FEA software package
- Experience with AUTODESK INVENTOR CAD software
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
We are looking for a skilled Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.Responsibilities
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures for Machine Operators
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Machine Operators must have strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Machine Operator will possess strong teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Machine Maintenance Technician-Rotating Day Shift
MACHINE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Ultradent, the global name in oral health is seeking a Packaging Machine Maintenance Technician to join Oratech's (a division of Ultradent) Manufacturing team. The Machine Maintenance Technician is the first line of defense when production goes down and the machines need repairs. We would depend on you to quickly and accurately troubleshoot machines we use to package our product on the production line. If you have an interest in all things mechanical, and a strong problem solving ability, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. This is a 12-hour rotating day shift with working hours from 5:00 AM to 5:30 PM, and includes working every other Fri, Sat and Sun. Please feel free to call directly with any questions. Jodee Mackay 801-553-4819
What we would need you to do in this job:
Repair, adjust and monitor machines and equipment that package products
Perform planned maintenance activities to meet deadlines and log all work done
Perform complete line changeovers by setting up packaging lines to standard settings to accommodate various dimensions, and production volumes. Ensure that product weights, package seals, coding, gluing and wrapping are in accordance with company procedure and customer specifications
Initiate line startup and observe lines in operation
Identify trouble areas and advise maintenance management and engineering of recurring problems
Escalate electrical & mechanical problems to engineering
Follow company safety and sanitary rules and established SOP's at all times
Document all adjustments & changeovers to serviced equipment
Skills you'd need to bring to complement our team:
Demonstrated troubleshooting skills using a methodical problem solving approach by applying sequential processes, rationalized action plans, and root cause analysis so that packaging machines can be repaired in a safe and expedient manner
Ability to read and interpret process flow and logic diagrams to ensure that installation, operation, and maintenance are conducted in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and manufacturers recommendations
Practical knowledge of machine controls, sensors, and actuators
Previous experience in a high-speed packaging environment utilizing GMP (work in an FDA regulated environment is a major plus)
Practical knowledge of industrial electrical power, hydraulic and compressed air systems
Ability to communicate and teach proper methods of operation, inspection and cleaning to production workers
Communicate effectively both verbally and written by giving and receiving instructions in a professional and effective manner and writing notes and log entries in accordance with company policies
Previous experience adjusting guides, cam driven positioning, and chain/belt timing mechanisms to required tolerances
Candidates must have prior machine operator experience
Must be 18 years of age or older
Any technical certifications a plus
Any experience with automated packaging equipment strongly preferred
An eligible Ultradent employee can expect the following:
Medical/Dental/Vision (eligible the first of the month after 60 days)
Health Savings Account with Employer contribution
On-site cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
On-site fitness center
Employee access to discounted Ultradent products
Five days paid time off between Christmas and New Years
Ultradent is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor: For more information, please contact us at Recruiting@ultradent.com
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. We are growing and looking for talented individuals to join our team!
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
In this role, you will be required to maintain active communication with co-workers and Maintenance Technicians for quality and production related issues. When necessary, elevate these issues to management or the appropriate personnel. Maintain the shift logs and QC records for the assigned areas.
Individual must work and comply to safety working standards, practice and all environmental regulations. Must adhere to all company rules and policies.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - MACHINE OPERATOR
When assigned to the Operator position:
- $17/hour with a $.75/hour night shift differential
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product.
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Operates and starts- up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time;
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
Machine Learning Engineer (Senior)
Researches, develops, and implements machine learning algorithms for use in software and hardware applications. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current technological standards, equipment, and practices.
Identifies and suggests optimizations and features to improve hardware/software capabilities. Positions that fall within this class include management personnel, scrum masters, product owners, program managers, consultants, machine learning engineers, software developers, software architects, data scientists, human factors engineers, test and evaluation engineers, business intelligence developers, computer vision engineers, and research scientists just to name a few. Individuals who qualify for these positions, have mid to senior skills, qualifications and or particular expertise that is highly unique and must demonstrate that they are able to lead teams, at the mid to senior level.
Individuals within this Class are often recognized as leaders in their respective area of expertise. Personnel that falls within this class, will typically hold an advanced degree with approximately eight (8) years of experience. Any position that may be required to conduct work under the ten (10) functional areas identified in Section C.4 may be considered.
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning Pipeline
At Pony.ai, excellence is at the core of our company. Every detail counts as we work to deliver a safe, reliable, and cost-effective autonomous driving platform to the public. As part of the team, you will play a critical role in developing and deploying state-of-the art vehicle technology. You will have every opportunity to grow and develop as our company grows. Join us on this exciting journey as we bring the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to the future of transportation.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Machine learning pipeline, you will be responsible for developing training, inference and evaluation pipeline for machine learning models used on the self-driving car. You will work with large-scale labeled data and will work with deep learning model developers and researchers together to improve the overall pipeline used in our machine learning development.
- Strong programming skills in C++ or Python
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in either large-scale system design or embedded deep learning system design
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning related projects
- Passionate in self-driving car
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!