Environmental Analyst Job Description Sample
Environmental Analyst I - Stormwater Analyst
The incumbent of this position is responsible for performing the following duties: Review projects on the Department’s construction advertising program and ensures compliance with MassDOT’s policies and practices, including NPDES compliance (Individual MS4 permit) and State stormwater management regulations; Coordinate with Consultants and other MassDOT Divisions and Districts, the environmental agencies and the public. Prepare and review technical documentation in order to comply with applicable stormwater regulations (e.g., NPDES Annual Reports, CE Checklists and ENFs for stormwater retrofit projects, and permit applications under the State’s Wetlands Protection Act); Review and assist in the development of drainage system and stormwater Best Management Practice (BMP) designs, and BMP assessments under the Impaired Waters Program; Provide technical assistance to support MassDOT’s program to identify, investigate, and eliminate illicit discharges to MassDOT drainage systems; Assist in the management of MassDOT’s drainage infrastructure database; Conduct field visits to inspect MassDOT roadway and bridge improvement projects during and after construction to ensure compliance with Federal and State Stormwater regulations.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact the Human Resource Generalist, Candida Bouchard at 857-368-8504. First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days. Minimum Entrance
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time or equivalent part-time, technical or professional experience in the field of environmental science, biology, chemistry, earth science, environmental health, meteorology, natural science, toxicology or public health, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below. Substitutions: I. An Associate’s degree with a major in environmental science, biology, chemistry, earth science, environmental health, meteorology, natural science, toxicology or public health may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.* II. A Bachelor’s or higher degree with a major in environmental science, biology, chemistry, earth science, environmental health, meteorology, natural science, toxicology or public health may be substituted for the required experience.* *Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. For the purposes of bargaining unit designation, Unit 9 is equivalent to MassDOT Unit E.
Organization:Massachusetts Department of Transportation
Title:Environmental Analyst I - Stormwater Analyst
Location:Massachusetts-Boston-10 Park Plaza
-Time spent in the irrigation or related industry
-Seasonal startup and shutdown of irrigation systems
-Adjusting and repairing systems
-Collaboration and communications with sales representatives, designers, subcontractors, and clients
-Management and supervisory roles a plus
-Plant and landscape industry knowledge a plus
-Pass a pre-employment background & driving record check
-Pass a required pre-employment drug screen
-Possess a valid drivers' license
-Have reliable transportation
Senior/Principal Environmental Analyst
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges. This role provides assistance in effective management of environmental programs and compliance policies, standards and procedures at the corporate level including the development, communication and implementation of the specific plans e.g. ISO, SPCC, NPDES, Air, Recycling, Waste Management etc. Position works closely with Corporate Environmental Program Manager and reports to Corporate Environmental Affairs Manager. Responsibilities include:
Support Corporate Environmental Affairs in developing and communicating measurable goals for improving environmental performance on an annual basis. These goals include a reduction in environmental incidents and waste to landfill.
Support governance of TimkenSteel’s environmental protocols outlined in the Company’s ISO standards.
Assist with completion of annual environmental audit of the plant’s ISO and/or other Environmental Management System (EMS) where ISO is not employed.
Complete more frequent, monthly at a minimum, targeted assessments. Work with plants to develop strategies to manage corrective action identified by the audit and document these in the affected environmental documents.
Assist with preparation and on-time delivery of EPA compliance reports for Air, Water, RCRA, SARA, etc.
Detect and solve environmental problems that can affect the safety and natural integrity of air, water and land.
Participate in plant management operations meetings. Provide the management leadership team with environmental performance data versus goals; review recent environmental incidents and prevention strategies; and update the team on current environmental compliance initiatives.
Assist the management leadership team in communicating environmental goals and information to all employees via bulletin boards, poster, e-mail, team meetings, etc.
Accompany government environmental compliance officers during inspections following the Corporate Inspection Procedure. Ensure abatement of any noncompliance issues in a timely manner.
Attend and participate in corporate sponsored EH&S; meetings, conferences and workshops.
Organize and lead employee participation initiatives including: spill prevention, waste minimization, recycling, training and emergency response teams.
Assist with management of ongoing Phase I, Phase II, remediation and redevelopment projects.
Review all environmental investigation reports and reports of “near miss”. Verify that corrective actions have been implemented and recommend additional corrective actions if necessary. Report significant incidents as required.
Ensure an effective environmental training process is developed and implemented which includes a documented training plan for all occupations; competent trainers to deliver the Corporate Environmental training modules; and recording the successful completion of all training events. Ensure the completion of a periodic audit of the training records to identify and close gaps.
Technical Skills Desired: * Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet defined time lines
Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
Ability to interpret, understand and educate employees in environmental regulations, permits and law
Ability to systemically link environmental goals to business needs and objectives
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in environmental eng, environmental science, or geological science with at least 4 years of experience in industrial and environmental management or related.
Preferred qualifications: Master's degree in environmental eng, environmental science, or geological science with at least 5 years of experience in industrial and environmental management or related. Prefer certified ISO 140001 internal auditor and/or certified hazardous material manager. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Requisition ID: 9682 Posted: 01/22/2018
Environmental Analyst - WQ
The New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission (NEIWPCC) is seeking a motivated and energetic self-starter to serve as an Environmental Analyst.
This position serves as project manager with guidance from the Division Director working closely with the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and New York State Department of Environmental Conservation to plan and manage the work of the Long Island Sound Study supervising NEIWPCC staff located in Connecticut and New York.
Will organize workgroup meetings which focus on wetlands, climate change, stream and wetland buffers, and the New England Biological Assessment of Wetlands.
Will work with the Division Director and NEIWPCC’s Commissioners to identify and address regional priorities for better coordination of the Clean Water Rule/Waters of the United States and Clean Water Act activities.
Refer to for full position description.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample by March 23, 2018 to . Please reference 18-Lowell-003 in the email subject line.
No phone calls please.
Environmental Permitting Analyst
• Manage annual emission fee budget across all business units;
• Ensure timely payment of vendors;
• Manage user profiles, document filing, facility requirements, and equipment updates within the AMS system and the EHSS/Enablon system;
• Draft minor source permit summaries for Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and Michigan;
• Utilize AutoCAD for the updating SPCC plans;
• Submit and track URFs;
• Manage the annual emissions inventory projects for Colorado, Oklahoma and Kansas;
• Manage the tracking and timeline for MidCon air permitting activities;
• Manage the annual Colorado Emission fee payments and appeals;
• Draft in-state Colorado, Kansas and Texas equipment swings;
• Research and locate archived data;
• Work directly with vendors on a variety of tasks;
To perform the job successfully, competitive applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Continuous Learner – Ability to continually develop and improve one’s skill and knowledge to perform effectively and adapt to change in the workplace. Development occurs through a variety of learning opportunities, seeking feedback, and individual reflection.
- Self-starter that can work with minimal direction
- Good time management skills with the ability to manage short deadlines
- Computer skills with excellent understanding of the MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
- ability to function with internal database systems.
- Function as a member of various teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Location = Denver, CO
Rate = $23-$28/hr
Length = 9 month + contract role, Likely to be extended.
Project / Data Analyst - Environmental Health & Safety (Ehs) (Louisville, KY Area)
We are seeking an experienced Project Analyst to work with our clients’ Environmental Health & Safety Team with excellent communication skills, strong computer proficiency and experience in a fast-paced environment to work with our client to track and report on environmental, health and safety issues.
You will be responsible for Data Gathering/Analysis and working with internal and external vendor teams. You should be a self-starter who works well under pressure, capable of managing multiple priorities/tasks concurrently, and be detail-oriented. This position involves data processing, evaluation, reporting.
In addition to project analysis experience, you should have knowledge formatting and presenting large data sets (tracking, processing and evaluating data).
You’ll interact with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client to refine process and procedures.
Knowledge of Telecommunications or Construction industries a plus.
• Gather and process data
• Track data completion and operational results against corporate and legal standards
• Follow up with field staff on data gaps
• Draft reports to operational groups and management
• Maintain internal website supporting operational compliance and safety
Advanced use of Excel for tracking (pivot tables, V-look-up) and processing data.
Experience working with large corporate databases
Project / Data Analysis
Telecommunications or Construction industries a plus
Environmental Laboratory Analyst
Bachelor's degree in Microbiology.
Experience: At least three years of applicable lab experience. Bacteriology and Mycology (especially). Asbestos analysis by PLM. Experience with ISO 17025:2005. Should be experienced with microscopes. Excel programming is a plus. Knowledge of construction (building) materials is a plus.
Position: Analysis of environmental samples for fungi, bacteria, asbestos fibers, and lead (Pb). Equipment includes: Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometer, IDEXX Colilert/Colisure/Enterolert, BIOLOG bacterial identification system, and a variety of microscopes, including Compound, Stereo, PLM (Polarized Light), and PCM (Phase Contrast).
Health, Safety And Environmental Analyst
Health, Safety and Environmental Analyst
Description Health, Safety and Environmental Analyst Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment. Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right. Cummins delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity in Avondale, AZ for a Health, Safety and Environmental Analyst. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Coordinates health, safety, and environmental activities for a facility.
Serves as a contact for facility health, safety, and environmental issues.
Helps to develop and implement safety, health, environmental and emergency preparedness programs and training.
Conducts occupational safety and environmental audits with facility Health, Safety and Environmental Management Team.
Coordinates projects related to facility health, safety and environmental needs.
Serves as the co-chair for facility Safety, Health and Wellness Committees.
Maintains health, safety, environmental and emergency preparedness benchmark program.
May assist with facility emergency preparedness for Emergency Response Medical Teams.
Initiates, develops, leads, and participates in improvement processes; actively participates in self- and team audits and resulting process improvements.
Develops and conducts training programs.
Counsels, mentors, and coaches less experienced team members.
Understands the structure of the organization and maintains a strong network across departments; draws on network to answer questions, solve problems, and successfully execute responsibilities.
Demonstrates confidentiality in execution of all responsibilities.
Performs other duties as required, to get the job done.
Travel as required by the work.
Qualifications Skills and Experience Required:
- Analyze Issues
- Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses accurate logic in analyses.
- Environmental Systems Management
- The development and implementation of an (ISO 14001) environmental management system (EMS) promoting the continual improvement of environmental performance. The EMS should support the deployment and implementation of internal policies and procedures, the achievement of environmental objectives (site, business unit and corporate), and the minimization of our environmental impacts. The EMS ensures that we meet customer requirements related to environmental management. The functional ability to operate within the Information Technology System is integral to an effective EMS. The EMS should be structured in a manner that will facilitate the integration of a safety management system.
- Incident Investigation
- The method of reporting the occurrence of an occupational injury/illness, near hit, or property damage. Incident investigations determine how and why these failures occur. Employees should be able to perform a thorough, effective incident investigation including root cause analysis, 5-why analysis and development of effective corrective actions.
- Health and Safety Management Systems
- An Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) management system provides a framework for managing OHS responsibilities so they become more efficient and more integrated into overall business operations. OHS management systems are based on standards that specify a process of achieving continuously improved OHS performance and compliance with legislation.
Health & Safety Professional Knowledge (Inlcuding Regulatory Compliance) - Health & Safety Professional Knowledge relates to having comprehensive knowledge of occupational safety and health compliance. Regulatory compliance deals with the regulatory requirements imposed on industry by local, state, provincial, national, and international organizations. Detailed understanding of how the provisions of the regulations, as applicable may be implemented in the workplace, rights and responsibilities under the various acts/ regulations/ rules, the appeals process, record keeping (OSHA), and Voluntary Protection Programs (OSHA). Understanding of general industry standards and the requirements of the more frequently referenced standards.
- Environmental auditing is the process of evaluating conformance/compliance with established regulatory, ISO 14001, and internal requirements. The effectiveness of an internal audit program is almost entirely dependent upon the skills, training, and experience of the Audit Team Leader and Audit Team members. Auditors should be functionally aware of all areas of environmental management and possess an expert level understanding of the criteria to which they are auditing. Where applicable, the audit program should be structured in a manner that will facilitate the integration of safety management system audits. Prior experience with OSHA and other regulatory bodies, documents and systems preferred. Ability to perform daily activities in the office, service shops and in the field while working safely and leading safety by example Strong Core values and abilities to create consistent Safety and Customer satisfaction results Promoter of World Class Safety and Customer Service Satisfaction through operations led safety models (PULL) Promoter of change management through strong investigation and problem solving skills Great listening and observation skills Strong oral and written communication skills Capable of creating and delivering presentations and training, classroom and/or hands-on Capable of consistently managing databases for systems like ISO 14001 and OSHA 18001 Capable to create and manage a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the customers Required Education, Licenses or Certifications: HSE and analytical industry knowledge preferred. Four year experience/education accomplished through one of the following: Bachelors degree, associates degree and at least two years of relevant experience, or at least four years of relevant experience preferred. Prior Health, Safety and Environmental Experience preferred. Safety related experience is an absolute requirement. Compensation and Benefits: Base Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify: At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Primary Location United States-Arizona-Phoenix-US, AZ, Avondale, Cummins Rocky Mountain 651
Job Type Experienced
- Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type
Dec 14, 2017, 11:12:17 AM
Req ID: 170007EP
2017/18 Entry Level - Environmental Analyst - Falls Church, VA
2017/18 Entry Level - Environmental Analyst - Falls Church, VA
Requisition ID: 18003609
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Falls Church
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time The Enterprise Services Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) team is seeking a rotational PDP for a role working with our sites, stakeholders, and extended team to further our process improvement and sustainability goals.
During the Environmental, Health and Safety assignment, you will learn how to take federal, state, and local laws and regulations and translate them into site compliance programs. You will work with internal and external customers to execute these programs which will range from Clean Air Act and Toxic Substances Control Act compliance to sustainability including water conservation to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace. You will “shadow” an experienced EHS professional to learn the processes and leadership attributes that make Northrop Grumman a top performance EHS organization.
This position is responsible for EHS communications including the publication of the quarterly EHS newsletter and maintenance of all the Corporate EHS communication modes (SharePoint, website, etc). Through managing the Corporate EHS communications, this position will connect with various business areas and learn about EHS across the Enterprise. Strong written and verbal communications skills are preferred. Through the implementation of new EHS IT Systems, this position will be involved in various aspects of testing, report generation and data analytics.
There will be opportunities to partner with the leads within EHS Audit, environmental sustainability and safety to work on various projects. ESCSO
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Health and Safety, Sustainability, Process/Data Analytics or a related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title:2017/18 Entry Level - Environmental Analyst - Falls Church, VA
Aviation Environmental Analyst
Aviation Environmental Analyst
Description Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us. MITRE CAASD delivers transformational solutions to aviation's most challenging problems by using modeling, simulation, and data analysis to inform key aviation decision makers. Our Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) role values integrity, transparency, diligence, and ingenuity in order to serve as trusted advisors to the federal government and various aviation groups around the world. Our dynamic team of professionals is working in the public interest to improve the safety and efficiency of the airspace system in the U.S. and abroad. MITRE CAASD's Airspace and Procedure Design and Analysis Department has an opening for an aviation project lead with environmental experience. This position will offer the right candidate the opportunity to:
Contribute to projects implementing Performance Based Navigation (PBN) procedures and other NextGen technologies that improve the capacity, efficiency, and safety of the air traffic management system, while managing the impacts of aviation noise
Apply innovative analysis techniques and generate creative solutions across multiple challenging problems in the aviation environmental domain
Work on a wide variety of projects and creatively leverage multiple skills across a broad range of scientific, engineering, and software domains to solve problems individually and in a team-based environment If you are a motivated self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical versatility, and high professional standards, you may be qualified for this position. \ * Key Functions
Analyze historical and simulated operational data to draw conclusions about the efficacy of airport design and aeronautical procedure design
Contextualize a wide array of aircraft and aviation system data and provide defensible and meaningful interpretations of results in both written and verbal form
Quickly understand the key functions of an airport and airspace system, abstract the system into a conceptual model, implement and analyze models in fast time and human-in-the-loop computer simulations
Work with air traffic control or airport management to create and validate simulation models
Develop strong professional relationships with FAA Sponsors and other work program customers
- Experience with the environmental process (i.e. NEPA) related to projects
Experience with environmental outreach, to include effective visualizations for noise contours, stakeholder engagement and facilitating public workshops
Experience developing concepts to mitigate noise exposure due to flight path concentration resulting from PBN operations at low altitude
Prior airport, airspace or PBN procedure analysis experience
Demonstrated ability to scope, plan, execute and document a complex data analysis activity
Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, apply good judgment and independently draw conclusions from observed data
Understanding of National Airspace System operations, particularly air traffic control operations
Familiarity with statistical data analysis methods
Data analysis in Excel and/or statistical programming languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills \ *
Experience with the environmental process (i.e. NEPA) related to airspace projects
Experience with environmental outreach, to include effective visualizations for noise contours, stakeholder engagement and facilitating public workshops
Experience developing concepts to mitigate noise exposure due to flight path concentration resulting from PBN operations at low altitudes
Experience with airport and airspace operations (e.g., rules/standards, best practices in design and operation, operational trends, regulations)
Experience with aircraft operation (e.g., FMS capabilities, piloting skills)
Understanding of objectives of major aviation system stakeholders
Extensive prior airspace and procedure analysis experience, including with PBN procedures
Experience with aviation data analysis, including with radar data and FAA/industry data sets (e.g., ASPM, OOOI, ASQP, Form 41, OPSNET, O/D Survey, etc.)
Experience conducting big data analysis to identify patterns, trends, emerging behaviors, etc.
Expertise in one or more data processing capability (e.g., using Python, PERL, Java, R, JMP, MATLAB, SQL, or Pig scripting in HADOOP)
Familiarity with GIS tools (e.g., MapInfo, ArcGIS, GoogleEarth)
Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, D3)
Experience with aviation design and analysis tools or simulation models (e.g, TAAM, AirTOp, TARGETS, DART, runway
Simulator, AEDT, Simmod, PDARS) \ * Minimum Education/Experience: BS and 8 years related experience.
Primary Location United States-Virginia-McLean
This requisition requires a clearance of Suitability - FAA
Travel Yes, 20 % of the Time
Dec 14, 2017, 12:00:00 AM
Req ID: 00047767
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!