Equipment Installer Job Description Sample
The overall function of this blended position is to mount tilt fronts, dump bodies, hydraulic hoses and/or tanks according to specifications and blueprints, using appropriate drills, welder, torches, band saw and to prep and paint surfaces of transportation equipment.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The duties of this job will include but are not limited to the following:
Installation: Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding. Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together. Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding. Sets up equipment and welds parts, using appropriate welding equipment to mount tilt fronts, dump bodies, etc.
Can perform 1 out of the 3 primary functions:
Welding: Lays out, fits, cuts and welds fabricated parts as necessary, using appropriate tools and welding equipment to assemble or install dump bodies, handle stands, valve stands, and any other parts and equipment according to blueprint for equipment.
Electrical: Installs electrical equipment on plow trucks and dump trucks including running wires, mounting brackets, switches, and control boxes following electrical codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, air tools, etc. as necessary. Tests all installed equipment and wiring using appropriate electrical and/or electronic test equipment to determine proper functioning and installation of electrical equipment. Makes adjustments as necessary.
Hydraulics: Selects equipment, plans layout, and assembles or installs hydraulics on equipment according to blueprints.
Performs other miscellaneous tasks as required by the Installation Team Leader.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
Basic welding and fabricating skills.
Skilled and experienced with torches, electric drills, reamers and band saw.
the ability to match or detect differences between cloros,including shades or color and brightness.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, assembly diagrams or schematics.
Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and series of numbers.
Ability to perform the four arithmetic operations with like common and decimal fractions.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
Ability to perform fairly repetitive duties and tasks according to set procedures, interacting with people only when it is routine.
Commitment to teamwork.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent combination with related experience.
This job has a strength rating of medium physical work -- exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, 10-25 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequent balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, depth perception and use of field of vision are required. Frequent exposure to oils and solvents; working in high, exposed places and atmospheric conditions with occasional exposure to weather, vibration, proximity to mechanical moving parts, and electrical shock.
Steel toe boots and use of personal protective equipment is a requirement of this position.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees so classified.
Req #: 212647
Location: Fort Hood, TX US
Job Category: Engineering and Technical Support
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
CACI is seeking an Equipment Installer to support the Mission Command Global Fielding at Fort Hood, TX.
What You'll Get to Do:
Responsible for some phases of the fielding process to include; processing, inventorying by NSN's, Part Numbers, and Serial Numbers, and scheduling with Army Units for issuing of PM MC systems.
Responsible to manage and account for inventory of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) to include Class IX inventories and Installation Kit (IK).
Possess capability to distinguish between hardware and software problems in multi-vendor systems.
Plans and performs installation, test, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair for communications equipment, electronics equipment.
Provides guidance and direction to less experienced technicians utilizing strong technical and training skills
May be require for extended TDY CONUS and OCONUS as well as operations in contingency environments 50% to 75% in temporary duty status in support of Mission Command.
Required to lift up to 80 lbs for 50 feet or more.
Flexible and adjust to the rapidly changing work environment.
More About This Role:
Equipment Installer will be supporting for at least one of these systems:
Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P) family of products to include JCR, BFT, and FBCB2.
Command Post Systems include Tactical Mission Command (TMC) and Strategic Mission Command (SMC) family of products to include CPOF and BCCS.
Fire Support Command and Control (FSC2) family of products to include AFATDS and LFED.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Active Secret clearance.
US Citizenship is required to be worldwide deployable, have a valid US Driver's License and be able to obtain a valid passport within 30 days of employment.
High school / GED.
Knowledge of Windows, Power Point, Word and Excel or similar programs required.
Forklift experience preferred.
Ability to work in, on, under and around Military vehicles in a field environment.
Experience working with hand and power tools.
Ability to read and understand basic schematics and blue prints.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Military experience preferred.
What We Can Offer You:
We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Fort Hood-TX-FORT HOOD
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Senior Electronics Communications Equipment Installer
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT:
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Communications & Fleet Management Bureau is currently seeking a Senior Electronics Communications Equipment Installer to fill a position at the Fleet Management Unit. The position reports to an Electronics Communications Technician Working Supervisor and is responsible for the installation, removal, maintenance, repair, and testing of electronic communications equipment for the Department's fleet.
The Fleet Management Unit is located at 1104 N. Eastern Ave, Los Angeles, 90063. Essential Job Functions
Performs the more difficult assignments involving the operation of hand and power tools to install and remove electronic communications equipment including: Carrier, signal and alarm court and jail security, and telephone equipment; Digital communication equipment including mini and micro computers, and supporting hardware; Electronic audio and visual systems including public address and closed circuit television systems; Fixed and mobile radio communications systems including mobile and hand carrier radio transmitters and receivers, base and remote station transmitters, and microwave equipment.
Fabricates chassis, control panels, cabinets, brackets, and mounting devices by using punch and drill presses, sheet metal benders and shears, grinders, and power saws.
Assists electronics technicians in the maintenance, repair and testing of electronics communications equipment.
Demonstrates and explains to users the basic operation of equipment installed, such as mobile radio or audio equipment.
Keeps records of time and material used in performing duties.
Assists in training new installers.
May provide lead supervision to a crew of Electronic Communications Equipment Installers under the onsite supervision of journey-level electronics technician.
Must currently hold the position of Senior Electronics Communications Equipment Installer and have passed the probationary period, or are reachable on the current Senior Electronics Communications Equipment Installer certification list.
THIS IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.
The candidate must have excellent customer service with good written and oral communication skills. Must be detailed oriented and able to produce an accurate and thorough work product.
Must have strong organization skills and motivated to learn. Must be able to work independently, as well as within a team.
- DO NOT APPLY ONLINE*
Interested candidates should submit the following:
Last two (2) years Performance Evaluations
Last two years of time records
Attention: Lieutenant David Do
Fleet Management Unit
1104 N. Eastern Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90063
Truck Equipment Installer / Fabricator
Unicell Body Company Inc., a leading commercial truck equipment supplier with three Truck Equipment facilities in New York State, is currently looking for a Full Time Truck Equipment Installer at our Schenectady, NY location. Some of the jobs duties include but are not limited to the installation of plows, dump and utility bodies, lift gates, etc. Prior truck equipment experience is a plus.
- MIG welding experience
- Must be mechanically inclined with basic hand tools
- Must be reliable and hardworking
- Able to pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- Reliable transportation
We offer excellent wages and benefits including Company Sponsored Health Insurance, Holiday and Vacation pay, 401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan, Company paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability and an Internal Dental and
Vision Reimbursement Plan.Job Type:
- MIG Welding: 1 year
- Driver's License
Required work authorization:
- United States
Skilled Tent Installer
We are looking for a team player! Candidates should be diligent, hardworking and have a positive attitude. Our Structures Department has openings for installers. As a member of this team you will be expected to model the highest standards of professionalism and decorum on some of the most exclusive sporting venues in the country. Your appearance, behavior and performance as you work, is the basis of the InProduction reputation. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary duties are the installation and removal of Mezzanine and Tent structures as well as other duties assigned to in the field or within the warehouse.
- Loading and unloading of trucks on work site
- Carrying of materials from truck to installation location on site
- Construction, installation and removal of multiple styles of stages, floors and tent structures
- Respectful interactions with multi-lingual team, leaders and clients
- Uphold company safety standards and ensure appropriate safety measures are followed
- Frequent travel in the US
- Hourly (rate commensurate on experience)
- Overtime available
- Hotels and per diem are paid by InProduction
- High school or equivalent
- Tent installation experience; minimum two years
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have valid United States driver’s license
- Must be able to pass back ground check, drug test
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- The company participates in the E-verify program
- Must be able to report to work by 6:00 AM if necessary
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day
- Must be available to work overtime, including Saturdays and Sundays
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must be able to work in team environment and be willing to follow directions from the Field Supervisor
- Must be professional in appearance and behavior, with minimal visible body alterations
- Must be willing to perform tasks as assigned in a safe and conscientious manner, respectful of co-workers, InProduction and client property
- Construction experience is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Forklift, boom lift and scissor lift licenses a plus, but not required. Training will be provided
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 an advantage but not required. Training will be provided
- Work in different environments, primarily outdoors
- Wearing of safety clothing and equipment may at times be required
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Floating holiday
- Paid time off (Vacation, Sick)
- 401(k) program and generous company match
Carpet And Floor Installer
Who are we?
Location Carpet is a family owned and operated company since 1953, whose mission has been to be the Cleveland area’s leading floor covering retailer by providing customers with the best selection, price, service and trust. We offer a wide selection and finest quality in carpet, hardwood, ceramic, laminates or vinyl flooring.
What are we looking for?
We are adding to our team as our business grows and are looking for Carpet and Floor installers for our Wickliffe store, providing service on the east side of Cleveland. Ideal candidates would be looking for a long term career as an installer!
‘Day in the life’:
- Installing carpet and flooring around the east side of Cleveland
- Daily travel around the area, using your own vehicle and tools
- Working with an installer crew in the field of 4-5 people
- Complete each project on time and correctly
- Typical work schedule is Mon-Fri 8am-5pm with some weekends
- 1-5 years or more of carpet installer experience
- Must have own vehicle (preferably a van)
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to submit to a background check and drug test
- Physically fit to perform the job
- Detail oriented
- Benefits available for the right long term employee
- Stable work
- Family oriented work environment
Cable Technician / Cable Installer
Core Communications is an established and growing contractor for a large communications industry leader and we need you for our Cable Technician positions. As a Cable Technician you will perform installations, handle trouble shooting, program and configure equipment, and cable pulling.
No Experience necessary! Get paid to learn a skilled position with room for advancement.
Sign On Bonus Available for Experienced Cable Technicians!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Pass a 9 Panel Drug Screen
- Pass an Extensive Background Check
- Valid Driver's License with a Good Driving Record
- Safely Lift Up to 70lbs and Comfortable Working on Ladders
- Comfortable Working Outdoors, in Attics and Crawl Spaces
- The Ability to Bend, Stoop, Reach, Push, Pull, and Other Physical Work as Necessary
- Good Customer Service and Problem Solving Skills
- Good Verbal, Written and Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills; Ability to Prioritize Multiple Tasks and Meet Deadlines
- Ability to Operate All Tools and Equipment in a Safe and Responsible Manner
- Must Be at Least 18 Years of Age
- Paid Training
- $500 to $1000+ Every Week After Training
- Performance Bonuses Available
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Available
- 401k With Company Matching Available
- Additional PTO Available
Installer Mechanic- Twic Required
CLIENT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Our Client has been a leader in the global automotive service industry for over 50 years. With multiple locations in the United States and Mexico, Our Client is one of the largest auto processors in North America
They offer a variety of services to their import and export customers, including but not limited to:
- Vehicle Storage
- Engine Coating
- Rail Loading/Unloading
- Full-Service Body Shop
- Parts Handling
- Digital Cellular Vehicle Tracking
- Terminal Services, Import/Export
- High & Heavy Cargo Handling
- And more.....
- TWIC Card Required
- Clean and Valid Driver’s License
- Pay Rate $10 - $11 per hour to start.
- Clean Background Check with no Felonies
- Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace
- Reliable Transportation to and from work
- Ability to work from 6:00 AM - 3:45 PM Monday- Friday
- Ability to work mandatory overtime Monday- Friday (6:00 AM - 5:45 PM) and Saturday 7:00 AM - 3:45 PM
- Mechanical aptitude or background preferred
- Must be very meticulous and detail oriented at all times.
- Be able to work in a high volume fast paced environment, completing tasks in a highly efficient and time-sensitive manner.
- Must be a team player!
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must be a fast learner. You will be completely trained on your specific scope of work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain an EEO work environment at all times. For more information on our EOE policy please follow this link.
- Assemble, install, or maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics. May include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules. May perform minor electrical work such as current checks.
- Install Photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions
- Layout, assembly and installation of solar array and mounting hardware
- Prepare and clean-up job site
- Check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations.
- Test operating voltages to ensure operation within acceptable limits for power conditioning equipment, such as inverters and controllers.
- Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes.
- Install required labels on solar system components and hardware
- Work with the warehouse team to pull materials for each installation job
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers throughout the process
- Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system overcurrent devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment
- Visually inspect and test Photovoltaic (PV) modules or systems
- Perform routine Photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.
- 1 year experience with Solar installations
- Experience working with electricity
- Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to PV installations a plus
- Ability to Work in Extremely Hot Conditions for Prolonged Periods of Time
- Can lift at least 50 pounds.
- Comfortable on rooftops
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Roofing Installation experience a plus
Home Fitness And Office Equipment Delivery Installer
Go Configure is a national install and assembly service provider of home fitness and office equipment. We are seeking professional, reliable, and customer service-minded people to work with us.
Our employees work as part of a team to pick-up, deliver, and build treadmills, bikes, grills, furniture, stand-desks, and chairs. We partner with companies like Amazon, Nautilus, Sams Club, and more.
Why work with Go Configure?
We build strong relationships with big-name retailers and manufacturers to secure work for you. We will manage the business relationships, so you can do what you do best. Build.
In addition to fitness equipment and furniture, Go Configure has secured in-store winter work with big-box retailers like Sams Club, Wal-Mart, and The Home Depot building playsets, pergolas, and gazebos. You can work year-round or seasonally with Go Configure.
Go Configure Benefits
Mileage reimbursement program
Tool lease-to-own program
401k company match
Cell phone allowance
Our employees must have an adequately insured vehicle capable of transporting large items such as fitness equipment
A trailer or truck may be required for playset, pergola, and gazebo delivery
Must own hand and power tools and have the experience and mechanical aptitude to build outdoor recreation and home fitness equipment
Previous experience with similar products is preferred, but not required
You must be committed to providing exceptional customer service
This is a physically demanding position that may include:
Lifting and carrying more than 50 pounds regularly
Standing and walking
Outdoor work in possibly extreme conditions
1099, independent contractor, treadmill, elliptical, Bowflex, home gym, furniture, table, bed, book, shelf, build, assemble, assembly, grill, deliver, delivery, equipment, construction pergola, playset, gazebo, shed, fence, bike, install, installer, installation, play set
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!