Escrow Officer Job Description Sample
Net Gold is currently representing a fantastic opportunity with a rapidly growing title company in Dallas, TX, which serves the needs of small to large mortgage companies, realtors, and investors. This is a unique opportunity to join a startup company that already has proven success with a number of already established large clients. Employee interaction occurs at a transactional level. Oversight and involvement ensures organizational and regulatory compliance, including contracts, funding’s and associated industry and real estate law related matters.
THIS ROLE DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO HAVE YOUR OWN BOOK OF BUSINESS*
- Manage the entire closing process, including compliance with contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, company requirements and other written instructions
- Understand the escrow process to determine what steps need to be taken to transfer the title of property pursuant to the conditions called for in the real estate contract and lender instructions
- Collaborate with title department to resolve title issues such as legal descriptions, easements, lot splits, vesting, all tax liens, abstracts of judgments, bankruptcies, boundary disputes, encroachments, list pendants, etc.
- Prepare all closing documents necessary to ensure title insurance is issued at closing
- Oversee the issuance of checks, bills and statements, receipts, and any other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Secure all documents (corrective and others) that may be required for the issuance of title insurance
- Conduct closing with customer, realtor, lenders, and attorneys * Assist customers and clients with closing related questions
- Prior to disbursement, confirm all funds are collected, all appropriate documents are checked for accuracy, signatures are collected, and acknowledgments and legal descriptions are correct
- Correct all taxes due, HOA dues, and any delinquencies and/or principal and interest
- Ensure all payoffs have been collected, mailed, delivered or wired according to instructions
- Verify against the HUD statement that all disbursements have been paid correctly
- Prior to recording, verify all legal documents for correct acknowledgments, legal, and lien information
- When needed, delegate work to and manage work of escrow assistants in the transaction process
- Manage and develop client relationships to ensure future closing transactions
- Correspond with lenders, builders, real estate agents, attorneys, etc as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field.
- Formerly in an Escrow Processor role.
- Good client relations and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate sellers, buyers, agents, and brokers.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Completion of a High School diploma or GED required.
- Licensed in title insurance pre-state requirements or currently applying to be licensed, if applicable for your state for 3+ years.
- Escrow Officer or four years of Escrow Processor: 2 years
Responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures. Acts as a neutral third-party between buyers and sellers during a real estate transaction.
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds
- Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions
- Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals
- Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title
- Prepares HUD by utilizing lender instructions
- Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds
- Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- Be able to work with little supervision
· Works under general supervision setting own priorities and objectives. Work reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy
· Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good client relations and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information
- Ability to deal with multiple clients such as sellers, buyers, agents and brokers
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 2- 4 years of closing experience
- Current Title Producer's License (preferred) or able to secure within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to secure Missouri and Kansas Notary Public
Escrow Officer Opening!
Escrow Officer Opening
We are looking for an escrow officer for a title company located in Cleveland.Escrow Officer Requirements and
· Must have 1-3 years of prior escrow officer experience.
· Prior experience working with Sofpro a plus
· Small Title agency
· Team oriented environment
· Looking for stable work history
· Must be dependable
Escrow Officer Benefits:
· This position is full time, Monday thru Friday either 8am to 5pm or 9am to 6pm.
· Parking is paid for by the company
· $30-38k to start plus bonus potential
· Direct hire position
· Complete benefits package offered
Interested and qualified candidates for the Escrow Officer opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.
We strive to have wonderful, caring work environment
Independent escrow company seeking a self motivated Escrow Officer. Must be results oriented with a minimum of 2-4 years experience. Client following a plus; must be a people person with the willingness to grow your own business; contact old clients and establish new ones.
Benefits Available - Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K
Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
* Attracts clients by contacting prospects; following-up on leads; explaining services.
* Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
* Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
* Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records.
* Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
* Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
* Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
* Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title.
* Closes escrow account by disbursing funds.
* Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Financial Skills, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Customer Service, Closing Skills, Confidentiality, Tax, Prospecting Skills, Motivation for Sales, Meeting Sales Goals
Licensed Title Agent / Title Closer Or Escrow Officer
PRG is seeking an experienced Title Closer for a title company Downtown and in Winter Springs. Knowledge of title closing is required. Experience required includes opening files, ordering all necessary reports and docs, clearing all title issues, preparing closing documents and HUD, handling the signing and all post closing functions.
The Successful candidate for the Title Closer / Escrow Officer position will be able to complete real estate closing transactions by determining requirements; clearing title; preparing closing documents including HUD Settlement Statement and disbursing funds. Also will attend and facilitate real estate closings as assigned.
Responsible for performing all aspects and tasks related to closing residential and commercial closings. Must be able to interpret title commitments, clear title defects, coordinate closing with all parties, prepare all documents necessary to complete closing, prepare Settlement Statements, and disburse funds.
East Texas Title Company is one of the oldest and largest independent title insurance companies in East Texas with title plants in 18 counties and offices in 9 counties. We value the relationships we have built over many years and remain committed to our community and our customers. They trust us and our opinion when it comes to managing their closings because we have built this trust one transaction at a time. We create exceptional real estate experiences with cutting edge technology, continually striving to achieve and maintain our place as an industry leader!
East Texas Title is searching for a highly qualified Escrow Officer. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, knowledgeable and cheerful individual to join our closing team! Our Closing Team is responsible for the duties required to keep our offices running and be the smiling, friendly face that completes the signing function in a closing. At ETTC a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point!
Other responsibilities will included but not limited to:
- Assist Shared Services Team by making Client Touch Point calls
- Provide exceptional customer service to the clients coming into the offices
- Maintain coverage in the offices, keeping them open Monday - Friday 8-5
- Complete daily office functions, i.e. deposits, courthouse requests, walk in doc prep requests, customer service, phones
- Minimum of 2 outside visits with Client Relations Officer for your area, reporting weekly to Closing Manager on who you visited with and a summary of the visit/event
- Close transactions either in your physical location or mobile as needed by customers
- Work with our notary network as needed to handle remote or other situational signings
- Fund transactions, pay bills from files, record documents and handle all post-closing duties; sending file to policy and following up to be sure that policy is issued
- Serve as a back up to other closers as needed
- Working with Post Closing Curative should the need arise to correct any errors
- Work with accounting team to monitor and ensure escrow items are cleared timely
- Some travel required, company cars will be placed regionally to reduce personal mileage
- Maintain Continuing Education Hours
- Attend training classes/seminars/webinars as needed an/or assigned
If you are:
- An Experienced Escrow Officer
- Excellent at customer service
- A team player
- An effective communicator
- Able to stay calm and relate to clients to match their personality
- Highly organized
- An out of the box thinker, possessing strong analytical skills
- A problem solver
- A professional with a proactive mentality, a self-starter, a positive personality, and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Then we would welcome the opportunity to talk with you.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the title industry as an Escrow Officer with consistent work history in customer service and high volume output
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work overtime and adjust working schedule beyond the normal 8am-5pm
- Standard work requires significant amount of keyboarding and mouse usage
- Must be able to accommodate extended periods of computer usage to meet business needs
- Work location will be in an ETTC office with travel as needed
We Offer You;
A Great Place to Work, Health benefits, Dental, Vision, 401K, Completive Salary, Flexibility, and Paid Time Off
Escrow Hub is a very busy, friendly office with a need for a strong Escrow Officer. The ideal candidate will be dedicated, self-motivated, experienced and willing to grow with our company!
Work on files from opening to closing, with little or no supervision.
Backup processes to Escrow officer manager on all escrow files, which include the following functions: Typing of a sale & refinance escrows, packaging escrows, typing of amendments, processing, ordering demands, balancing files from start to finish, with minimal supervision.
Working up loan documents for signing.
Balance out all files, sales and refinances, when files are closed.
Doing estimated closing statements for agents.
Must be experienced on sales escrow, we handle more sales than refinances.
- Minimum 5 years of escrow experience
- Book of Business preferred
- Knowledge of RBJ Edge
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary customer service
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a focus on details to ensure accuracy
Since 1991, the Peak Corporate Network has brought together America's top real estate professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for homeowners, homebuyers, private investors, brokers, lenders, agents, and corporate clients. Our network of independent, but affiliated companies is staffed by experts with the unique skill set and field-tested experience to help our customers navigate the complexities of the real estate business, make the right decisions, and maximize the value of their property. By drawing on the power of the Peak Corporate Network and its inclusive range of services, our clients save time and maximize the value of their assets.
Rapidly growing independent title insurance agency seeks experienced residential Escrow Officer. Candidate must be self-starter and interested in a high pressure and high reward role. This position is best suited for an energetic multi-tacker that is willing to move fast and get transactions closed on an expedited basis.
Escrow Officer must thrive in the following areas:
- People-first : Develop & maintain client and counterparty relationships from inception to transaction close
- Clear communicator : Natural communication style must be constructively direct, thereby proactively setting & maintaining clear expectations throughout the entire transaction
- Driven to achieve : Focused on assuring each deadline is clearly identified, communicated and achieved
- Multi-tasker : Organizational skills allow the Escrow Assistant to balance the needs of many transactions simultaneously
- Flexible : Able to adjust well to change, both within our dynamic company environment & within each individual transaction
- Team player : Thrive in our team-oriented environment
This position is for a customer service driven individual that is able to work within a team. This person will need to focus on clearing title requirements, reconciling escrow instructions with preliminary title reports, preparing HUD-1 and CD settlement statements, drawing necessary documents, conducting formal closing presentations with buyers, sellers and their agents, and disbursing funds. Client satisfaction through top notch service is a key component of this position.
- Escrow closing experience required.
- Ability to process cash, loan, refinance and other transactions, independently, from contract execution to closing.
- Ability to spot potential closing issues and resolve timely and professionally.
- Ability to attract and maintain a base of customers.
- Ability to communicate well, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!