Estimator Jewelry Job Description Sample
Estimator 3 - Baltimore, MD
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Level III Estimator prepares cost estimates for bids and proposals for electrical and other low voltage applications such as fire alarm systems, security systems, communication systems, paging systems, audio-visual systems and nurse-call systems.
Ensures timely completion of all bids while maintaining high standards of safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
Responsible to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
Completes the handling of all aspects of the bid process from analyzing, to organization, and clarification of bid documents (plans, specs, RFP, etc.) to preparation of a written proposal.
Performs and supervises quantity surveys in a format that allows application of production rates to determine labor costs, estimated material costs and equipment costs.
Performs and supervises take-offs from drawings; pricing change orders, and conducting site visits to understand the constructability of projects.
Performs and supervises the implementation of plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of materials and equipment needed and to ensure compliance with project requirements.
Understands and applies cost fundamentals; maintaining current, accurate information on prices from suppliers and contractors.
Completes Bill of Materials (B.O.M) and obtaining Request for Pricing (RFP) from subcontractors and vendors
Under the direction of the Chief Cost Engineer provides complete electrical cost estimates for construction projects.
Gathers and compiles data for use in bid proposal estimates, analyzing bid documents, determining the project's scope and evaluating special conditions affecting the bid proposal.
Calculates various statistical information related to quantity take-offs, creating material lists, soliciting material quotations, and figuring labor costs.
Evaluates Sub-contractor bids and determining personnel and equipment needs.
Determines the projects scope and evaluates special conditions affecting the bid proposal.
Calculates various statistical information related to quantity take-offs, creating material lists, soliciting material quotations, and figuring labor costs.
Five (5) to seven (7) years' experience performing cost estimates for an electrical contractor with an industry related B.S. degree.
Experience performing complex design/build and conceptual estimating of large electrical projects.
Strong electrical commercial/industrial/federal project experience with contract values starting at $10million.
Proficient with MS Office suite and Accubid, familiar with scheduling software and CAD.
Proven ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish high quality work
Experience with detailed construction analyses and historical costs, take off quantities, developing schedules and preparing comprehensive cost estimates
Recent hands-on experience, proven ability to review project plans and specs, experience performing site visits, investigations and evaluating methods to construct challenging projects
Strong relationships and proven track record of successfully estimating electrical projects.
Electrical estimating experience on Transit, Data Ctr, Hospital projects
Design Build, Design Bid Build and Design Assit project experience
Requisition ID: 78917
This is a staff position reporting to a Lead Estimator.
Estimating functions and associated workflows in a team environment.
o Reviewing, analyzing and interpreting Contract Documents (specifications, drawings, and reference information) to develop detailed, comprehensive cost estimates for oil, gas, chemical projects. Also able to make assumptions based on experience with detailed plans are not provided and front end estimating is performed based on conceptual level designs.
o Able to perform accurate quantity takeoffs for earthwork, concrete work, and underground piping and drainage.
o Identifying bid qualifications, risks, and assumptions along with quantities and pricing
o Ensuring estimates and proposals are performed in accordance with company practices and standards.
o Participating in estimate reviews and presentations to estimate lead and department leads.
o Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers throughout the pre-bid process, including solicitation of bids and constructability input.
o Manage comparisons between self-perform estimates and subcontractor quotes.
o Ability to Analyze Subcontractor and Material Quotes for responsiveness to the Estimate and Project requirements
- Prequalification and Proposal assistance functions
o Preparing value engineering solutions; including cost, schedule, and Owner benefits.
o Preparing responses to Request for Qualifications (RFQ's) and Request for Proposals (RFP's).
o Providing rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates and phasing schedules.
- Fast-paced office environment; must be able to:
o Interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously managing a diverse workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
o Daily variety of sitting, standing, walking, talking, and listening.
o Occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
Degree in Engineering or Construction Management with an emphasis in Civil, Structural, Construction Management, Drafting or related fields is preferred.
2+ years' experience in construction/estimating, preferably on oil, gas, chemical plant work
Strong background in Excel as well as Construction Estimating Software
Candidates must possess a strong work ethic; good interpersonal skills; demonstrate good organization, verbal and written communication skills; excellent leadership skills.
Can travel occasionally and act independently with little or no supervision and as a team player.
Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
Work as a part of a large or small pursuit team and communicate effectively between departments and other staff members.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Building 50+ story luxury condo's
Must have extensive experience managing the MEP estimating requirements for new construction in NYC.
This role report directly to Executive team.
MUST have MEP ESTIMATING experience building HIGH RISE buildings.
Responsible for the estimating of all phases of work related to the Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection (MEP) disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related field. A minimum of fifteen (8) years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite Internet.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels, both internal and external.
The Solar Estimator prepares complete cost and budgetary estimates and submittal documents for commercial solar PV projects.
Through close collaboration with the Sales, Construction and Engineering departments, the Estimator will develop accurate costs and budgets and compare those estimates to actual expenses throughout a project. The Estimator will manage the project estimation process and be responsible for timely delivery of estimates to sales groups within the company. Support project sales during proposal stage by reviewing bid documents, RFPs, preliminary project information, and site characteristics.
Coordinate the entire estimating process from concept through project award and create Bill of Materials for project cost and construction. Develop cost reduction processes and material usage methods to reduce cost of goods while maintaining quality. Develop knowledge of best material suppliers to stay abreast of pricing and other opportunities to provide better value to customers.
5+ years of extensive estimating experience (ideally in solar or high voltage projects)
Must have hands on knowledge of principles of estimating including budgeting, tracking, change orders.
Intimate knowledge of construction activities, production rates, equipment selection, building types and construction methods.
Experience with MS Office, Project, estimating software (HCSS), and CRM.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Experience developing and implementing new processes, methods and procedures.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
DOD Cost Estimator / Cost Analyst (Colrado Springs)
TITLE: Cost Estimator (DoD project)
LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO (zip 80916)
Seeking dedicated professionals with expertise in cost, statistical, economic and/or quantitative analysis to support Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition programs
This is an opportunity to hone your skills in DOD cost, schedule, and risk analysis.
- Develop cost analysis products for DOD weapon system programs (aircraft, radar, and IT systems)
- Must possess the experience and technical capability to independently plan, organize, complete, and present professional program life cycle cost estimates (from initial investment through end of operational life)
- Analyze historical data and develop cost estimating relationships using regression analysis
- Interview functional specialists in support of estimate technical baseline development
- Develop risk distributions for cost driver variables
- Analyze program schedules and quantify schedule uncertainty
- Build complex spreadsheet-based program cost models used as decision analysis tools
- Apply statistics concepts to quantify probability of success for program budget and schedule plans
- Conduct business case analyses, trade studies and economic analyses
- Assist program managers in development and execution of contract strategies and program plans
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret level clearance
- Three to five years of experience in cost, statistical, economic and/or quantitative analysis related fields.
- Willingness to develop cost estimating methodologies, metrics and models in accordance with published DOD quality standards.
- Must have a BS/BA with 21 semester hours in quantitative analysis courses, plus three (3) semester hours of Calculus.
- Full MS WORD Resume
- Current and required compensation
- Current contact information
INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC.
180 Varick Street
New York, NY 10014
Corporate Web Site: www.intermediagroup.com
OPEN JOB LIST:http://intermediagroup.com/jobs
ARC/RIOT is looking for a full-time Job Estimator to help us continue to provide the best employment experience for employees; and, continued excellent service for our customers.
The Job Estimator works with both sales and operations to provide estimates/quotes for customers interested in a variety of print services. This role also supports the business by performing the following duties:
Interface with customers via telephone or in person to quote print jobs by applying knowledge of current prices or to provide equipment capability information.
Maintain records of all job estimating activity within the sales database
Assist customers in placing orders by obtaining job specifications and preparing complete and accurate work order forms.
Maintain an accurate database of all costs associated with print services to ensure profitability of estimates.
Organize and prepare digital files to download to large format color digital devices.
Partner with sales team to ensure competitive estimates are provided, while maintaining targeted gross profit results.
Forecast equipment needs and propose new material and/or equipment purchases.
Work with department managers and vendors to ensure profitability.
Keep abreast of related new print production technologies.
Promote a "can-do" attitude and company culture.
Provide good customer service to maintain current accounts and enhance the company's image.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
High School Degree or equivalent education
2+ years of related print project estimating experience in a similar printing environment
Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and align operations and sales processes to achieve business results
Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, resourcefully with minimal oversight
Demonstrated experience in developing strong working relationships with internal and external customers
Estimator Commercial Construction
The Estimator will report to the Vice President of Estimating and coordinate and participate in the preparation of all estimates that are provided by the Estimating Department. The Estimator will plan, coordinate and assist in supervising the company estimating program, providing technical and administrative direction to ensure corporate objectives are met.
The Estimator's role is important in every construction project. Every type of project requires an accurate and comprehensive estimate of the amounts of materials, equipment and labor necessary for the construction of the project. Our estimators work with the engineer's and architect's drawings or blueprints to prepare a complete list of all job costs, including labor, material, equipment, and specialty items necessary to complete the project. Their knowledge of construction techniques and proper scheduling of purchases and work are essential skills.
Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Advance management or technical training preferred. 4 or more years of experience in commercial construction estimating, pre-construction services, and related functions plus thorough knowledge or corporate objectives impacting estimating, estimating strategies/techniques, and construction contacts required. Excellent organizational, supervisory, and decision making / problem solving skills essential. Major profit and loss responsibility influencing corporate success or failure. Must have a consistent employment history, demonstrating loyalty and commitment.
Bottom line requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree? (preferred)
2. 4+ years of construction estimating experience?
3. Currently in the region, local or close enough for a short easy move?
4. Commercial Construction project estimating or Public Works project estimating? (is a plus)
Senior Concrete Estimator
Fessler and Bowman’s is responsible for successful bidding of concrete projects, from the initial bid review and analysis through the hand-off from the Estimating Team to the Project Management Team. The Senior Concrete Estimator is responsible for all aspects of the estimating function, including bid analysis, plan review, quantity take offs, subcontractor pricing collection, putting together bid information, and assessment of both winning and losing bids.
The Senior Concrete Estimator performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Developing innovative, accurate estimates consistent with Fessler and Bowman’s costs.
- Developing the project plan, the project schedule and the proposal documents for all estimates.
- Conducts a thorough and detailed project take-off, assembling all quantities, man hour requirements, etc.
- Solicits subcontractor and supplier pricing, reviewing prequalification requirements, and determining the best qualified subcontractors
- Reviews estimates for other estimating team members
- Supports the determination of whether to pursue a project by participating in the “Go/No-Go” process on complex concrete projects
- Identifies project-specific risk issues and the potential impact to Fessler and Bowman, as well as potential strategies to help mitigate those risks
- Creates complete project budgets once a project is being actively bid
- Assembles documentation for claims and prepare presentations for same
- Reviews project plans and specifications and communicates with project stakeholders and internal resources to confirm the scope of the project
- Solving problems, as they arise, by using available knowledge and resources
- Continually expanding knowledge and use of industry best practices and innovation
- All Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Construction Management preferred; OR equivalent experience
- 20+ years’ experience in structural concrete
- Proficient in using Bid2Win estimating software
- Estimating medium-to-large commercial and industrial projects that include:
- Heavy concrete (foundation, structural slabs, cast-in-place (CIP) concrete)
- Vertical concrete construction
- Understanding of all aspects of concrete construction, including but not limited to:
- Formwork systems
- Concrete mix designs
- Primary work area is a controlled office environment but will occasionally be exposed to a construction site setting or being out in adverse weather conditions without temperature or other environmental controls and subject to ambient weather conditions. The position will require occasional project site visits as well.
- The position is full-time and exempt (from FLSA overtime requirements)
- The pay range varies, depending on experience, skills, abilities, and length of service with the Company
- This position is eligible for the Company’s discretionary profit sharing program
- Cumulative and Individual Project Profitability
- Minimization of Risk and possible project losses
- Repeat work and customers
- Selective bidding – Turning down of bid proposals
The Project Estimator will interact directly with all groups within the company for all construction related pricing. Position will report to the Lead Estimator within the PMO group.
- Prepare estimates from bid walks, CD’s and SOW to include labor, materials, equipment needed, subcontractor quotes, profit, overhead and taxes for Commercial & General Construction and Wireless Construction Job Costing.
- Attend bid walks with customers; take necessary photos, bid notes and measurements.
- Identify subcontractors and in-house resources required for the project.
- Review plans, specifications, bid documentation, Scope of Work (SOW) and anything else required for the project to be effectively bid / priced.
- Be able to show a breakdown of the labor and materials for all segments of Construction, Installation, Integration and Optimization as needed.
- Perform material takeoffs (BOM’s) and get the required pricing.
- Distribute plans, photos and bid walk notes to all subcontractors or construction managers and other Internal Teams accordingly. (Civil, Electrical, Technical, etc.)
- Prepare bids ensuring they are complete and accurate.
- Lead job review meetings with PM’s and necessary Managers to finalize bids.
- Provide the final proposal to the customer.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in estimating construction projects, preferably in the telecom and new build construction projects with a strong civil background, preferred but not a must.
- Candidate must be able to bid jobs, put together proposals, understand the estimating process, work with the construction, electrical, technical and project management team and have a strong understanding of the wireless project life cycle.
- Candidate must have strong written and verbal skills as well as the ability to build customer relationships.
- Problem solving, and a positive attitude are also a must.
- Candidate must have excellent computer skills and must be proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook with the ability to create forms, letters and spreadsheets.
- Candidate must also be capable of researching new and existing products and become familiar with their specifications.
- Must be able to work with various functional groups effectively, be self-motivated and can work in a team environment or independently.
- Candidate must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, meet required deadlines within specified time, and calculate dimensions and material as needed.
- Due to the nature of job scope, candidate must be able to perform bid walks with customer and / or subsequent walks for scope clarification.
- Climb a ladder 6’ + to access equipment areas
- Walk unassisted through varying terrain
- Climb a fire ladder to access rooftop locations
- Ascend / Descend unassisted, multiple stair flights.
- Access small areas, rooms, catwalks, etc.
- Candidate must have a safe driving record.
Estimator - Construction
- Preparing accurate job estimates and negotiating them.
- Building relationships with agents, adjusters and vendors.
- Meet sales goal: sell jobs and actively market for new leads.
- Leading your project team- Team Coordinator and Site Super.
- Ensure your team is producing jobs on time and under the budget.
- Properly date entry to all jobs assigned with in the data base Dash.
- Properly file documentation with company data base and third party programs.
- Oversee job cost reporting.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- 2-3 years restoration experience
- Leadership and supervisor experience
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Technologically competent
- Proven experience with Xactimate
- Ability to lead, motivate, manage and provide direction and feedback
- Work with subs and vendors in a professional manner
- Represent the company well at all times
- Ability to think on your feet and be flexible
- Ability to execute quality control/assurance
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a criminal background check and pre employment drug test
- Ability to adhere to a schedule
- A great attitude and a positive team player
- Ability to respond to after hour calls and adhere to an on call schedule
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!