Estimator Paperboard Boxes Job Description Sample
Sales Representative, Corner Post - Aurora Paperboard - Chicago, IL
About WestRockWestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sales Representative, Corner Post
Chicago, IL705 N Farnsworth AveAurora, Illinois, 60505United States Career Opportunity We are seeking a Sales Representative for our Aurora Paperboard facility, located west of Chicago in Aurora, IL. The Aurora Mill produces book cover board, (Red Label), made from 100% recycled paper.
In addition, Aurora manufacturers a line of protective packaging, which include slip sheets and cornerposts, (Guardian Angle). These products are used by many companies for protection and stability of their products during shipping and storage. The primary focus of the Sales Representative position is to manage and grow sales in the Midwest. This includes growing business at existing accounts, as well as prospecting for new business, and providing sales support to National and/or House Accounts.
How You will impact WestRock · Develops and implements strategies to establish and maintain account relationships and meet sales targets. Develops business plans for accounts.· Develops strong client relationships over time that provides significant input to planning product, price and service strategies.· Solicits new business opportunities within sales territory.· Interacts with other WestRock divisions.· Provides analysis and information on sales forecast and budget preparation for the territory.· Employ account and market knowledge to recommend custom value propositions for each account. What You need for success · Bachelor’s Degree required.· Packaging sales experience strongly preferred.· 3+ years successful sales or related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.· Good computer skills (MS Office and SalesForce)· Ability to work successfully from a home office and travel 1-2 nights per week.· Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills. #IL#GDWestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
The Civil Estimator performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Developing innovative, accurate estimates consistent with Fessler and Bowman’s costs.
- Developing the project plan, the project schedule and the proposal documents for all estimates.
- Conducts a thorough and detailed project take-off, assembling all quantities, man hour requirements, etc.
- Solicits subcontractor and supplier pricing, reviewing prequalification requirements, and determining the best qualified subcontractors
- Reviews estimates for other estimating team members
- Supports the determination of whether to pursue a project by participating in the “Go/No-Go” process on complex concrete projects
- Identifies project-specific risk issues and the potential impact to Fessler and Bowman, as well as potential strategies to help mitigate those risks
- Creates complete project budgets once a project is being actively bid
- Assembles documentation for claims and prepare presentations for same
- Reviews project plans and specifications and communicates with project stakeholders and internal resources to confirm the scope of the project
- Solving problems, as they arise, by using available knowledge and resources
- Continually expanding knowledge and use of industry best practices and innovation
- All Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Construction Management preferred; OR equivalent experience
- Proficient in using Bid2Win estimating software or similar tool(s)
- Estimating medium-to-large commercial and industrial projects that include:
- Site grading, balancing, demolition, spoils removal, other earthwork, etc
- Underground utilities such as sewer, water main, etc
- At least five (5) years of construction experience
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals.
- Primary work area is a controlled office environment but will occasionally be exposed to a construction site setting or being out in adverse weather conditions without temperature or other environmental controls and subject to ambient weather conditions. The position will require occasional project site visits as well.Fessler and Bowman’s is responsible for successful bidding of civil/earthwork projects, from the initial bid review and analysis through the hand-off from the Estimating Team to the Project Management Team. The Civil Estimator is responsible for all aspects of the estimating function, including bid analysis, plan review, quantity take offs, subcontractor pricing collection, putting together bid information, and assessment of both winning and losing bids.
The Project Estimator will be responsible for preparing accurate and timely budgets, estimates, and pre-bid packages for residential modular construction projects.
- Develop fixed cost estimates using historical material costs, labor hours, and subcontractor and vendor bids.
- Perform accurate, thorough and timely takeoffs.
- Develop and prepare preliminary pricing estimates using limited preliminary design documents/information.
- Solicit and analyze subcontractor and vendor pricing when needed.
- Develop scope of work and specification documents.
- Obtain clarification on plans and specifications from clients, architects and engineers when necessary.
- Review estimates for completion and technical accuracy ensuring quality and integrity.
- Create and codify standard operating procedures in estimating.
- Bachelors degree or higher in construction management or related field.
- 5+years of estimating experience in custom residential, modular and/or multifamily construction.
- Extensive knowledge of standard practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Superior proficiency and experience with estimating software tools (e.g. Excel, Microsoft Office, MS Project, and Planswift Takeoff).
- Proficient in computer-aided design software a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Plant Prefab.
Salary and stock options commensurate with experience and skills. Other great benefits including the opportunity to work with great architects and to create homes that improve the quality of living for people and the planet.
Senior Estimator - Life Science / Biopharma
This position is responsible for all aspects of capital cost estimating with primary focus on electrical labor and material costs for various facilities in the Life Science (BioPharma) line of business. Estimates include conceptual through control estimates as well as check estimates based on issue for construction drawings. Estimates labor and material costs of production and engineering in response to Request for Proposal data submitted by prospective customers. Works on Bids through commissions of large capital programs across different delivery models to include the A/E, EP, EPC, EPCM, LSTK, etc.
Must have detailed knowledge of design, procurement, and construction/field service processes and their inherent cost performance risks
Must be knowledgeable and proficient with computers. Position requires experience with: Spreadsheets, word processing and database software and Risk Analysis (Monte Carlo) software
Proficiency in Capital Estimating principles and methods including:
Conceptual through Detailed Design (Issue for Construction) Electrical Estimating
Reading and interpreting design and construction drawings
Benchmarking / Metrics
Use of NECA Estimating standards
Use of Means / Richardson's estimating guides
Work Breakdown Structures
Philosophies in development of Design and MTO Allowances
Analyzes specifications including sketches, blueprints, bills of material or sample layouts, and calculates costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data
Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor
Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors
Expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex assignments
Represents organization as a prime contact, interacting with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters
Contributes to development of new techniques and standards; considered an expert in organization
Develops processes that require innovation and ingenuity
Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings related to specific operations
BS or BA level related degree is preferred
15 years of Project controls experience required
Minimum of 10 years' experience as a full time Estimator for Mid-Large Cap A/E/CM programs where construction site estimating exp is gained.
Basic knowledge of MS Access & Excel preferred
Must be capable of effectively communicating with all levels of project and operations management and the client
Must identify potential problems and elevate to the appropriate management team
Detailed knowledge of electrical systems that would enable the individual to assist in contract negotiations with electrical subcontractors
Ability to make presentations to Jacobs and client management
Good planning and organizational skills required
Excellent interpersonal skills required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Estimator - Commercial/Industrial Construction
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. (AECI) is a general engineering contractor specializing in commercial/industrial construction, and railroad bridge construction projects across the United States. We are committed to being the industry leader through innovation, dependable service and the highest quality products and solutions to meet our clients' needs.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. offers a unique environment that encourages teamwork and rewards performance. We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401(k) and profit sharing plan, paid company holidays, and paid vacation and sick time for eligible employees.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are actively seeking an experienced Commercial Estimator to coordinate estimating efforts from the conceptual pricing phase to bid submittal for various types of construction projects.
- Estimate various types of commercial construction projects (i.e. lump sum, GMP, CM at Risk, Design-Build).
- Read, analyze, interpret and understand contracts, plans, specifications, construction cost data, and other contract documentation necessary to identify project scope, risk and opportunity.
- Visit sites and attend pre-bid meetings.
- Prepare detailed estimates and takeoffs.
- Develop bid packages for subcontractors.
- Solicit and evaluate bids and vendor pricing.
- Assemble estimates including general conditions, self-performed work and sub trades.
- Proactively identify value engineering options or advantages.
- Buyout subcontractors to obtain competitive pricing or additional scope.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine reasons for any discrepancies.
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement.
- Maintain good customer and subcontractor relations.
- Work with Project Management team to ensure that projects are completed on time and under budget.
- BS/BA in Construction Management or Engineering field.
- Minimum 5 years of construction estimating experience for commercial projects.
- Thorough knowledge of construction principles, techniques, materials, and cost estimation fundamentals for multiple trades including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, concrete, etc.
- Ability to take projects from conceptual pricing to hard bids.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task with ease.
- Highly proficient with estimating software and Microsoft Office applications.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. Only individuals who meet the stated minimum requirements will be considered. Solicitations from recruiting agencies will not be accepted.
Allen Engineering Contractor, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.
Project Estimator (Residential Renovation)
VineBrook Homes is an internally managed Midwest-based real estate investment company, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing and operating single-family homes as rental properties. An early investor and developer of the Single-Family Rental Home (SFRH) asset class, we commenced operations in late 2007. Our proven, yield-focused investment strategy targets a unique opportunity building a portfolio of "Optimal House" assets in key Midwest markets. We own or manage over 3,000+ SFRH assets in 6 states and 7 major Midwestern cities. Additionally, VineBrook Homes is currently undergoing the next major expansion of its strategy, expecting to drive toward 7,500+ units. Candidates who desire a career opportunity with a successful company in the residential remodeling industry should send their resume with salary qualifications.
The Estimator is responsible for inspecting single family homes for health, safety, mechanical, structural and aesthetic condition, writing Scopes of Work to bring said homes up to the VineBrook Standard for occupancy, and preparing budgets for these Scopes of Work. The Estimator will work closely with the Construction Manager to maintain consistency of product, pricing and quality. This is a fast-paced job where the vast majority of your time will be spent in the field conducting inspections and preparing Scopes of Work.
Conduct inspections of newly acquired or pre-acquisition homes documenting health, safety, mechanical, structural and aesthetic condition.
Create scopes of work and budgets which will be used by our project managers to effectively complete renovation projects.
Create photographic record of each home following VineBrook's photo Standard Operating Procedures.
Perform quality control inspections on completed projects for health, safety, mechanical, structural and aesthetic condition and confirm that all items from Scope of Work were completed appropriately.
Confirm that completed projects meet VineBrook standards.
3-5 Years single family construction or home inspection experience
General and specific residential construction knowledge
Knowledge of building methods, materials and construction principles
Knowledge of building codes
Aptitude with technology
Strong attention to detail
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Must be willing to learn and take initiative
Ability and willingness to climb ladders and enter crawl spaces
High School Diploma or GED required
College or advanced degrees preferred but not required
Home inspector licensure preferred but not required
Willing and able to work in all types of weather
- Frequent travel to and from projects in your market
Valid Ohio driver's license
Pass a Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Credit, and Criminal Background Check
Possess basic construction tools
We offer industry competitive wages and benefits. Comprehensive training is offered to all employees, with additional education offered to those interested in greater opportunities. Each employee must pass a national background check and full panel drug screening.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Work Place. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Body Shop Estimator
Body Shop Estimator - Sales
DCD Automotive Holdings has 40 brands represented by over 1,100 employees in 9 locations, dedicated to bringing you only the best. The best car or truck, the best parts, the best service, the best overall experience.
Examines damaged vehicles to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, or interior damage to effectively assess sale of service
Estimates cost of labor and parts to repair or replace damaged items based upon inspection and assessment of vehicle
Prepares written estimates of service sales based upon inspection of vehicle and delivers information to customer and/or insurance company
Communicates with our customers and insurance partners throughout the repair process.
Submits a final bill to insurance companies when vehicles are completed.
3-5 years of relevant work experience
High School diploma or equivalent required
MA Licensed Damage Appraiser
Employee Assistance Program
Vacation, Holiday and Sic
Putting the pieces back together after an accident starts with the help of a dedicated trusted advisor, or more commonly coined, Estimator. At Abra we prefer to call this person the Customer Service Manager. Someone who is able to separate emotion from logic, uncover damage and challenge preconceived notions, and develop positive outcomes that result in customer confidence. At Abra we're looking for just that: experienced Customer Service Managers to act as our customers' trusted advisor.
Reasons to join Abra
Comprehensive benefit package
Paid Holidays and vacation time
Career Advancements opportunities
401K Retirement Plan
Employee referral bonuses
Flexibility to relocate to one of 400+ Abra facilities
Great culture with an excellent working environment
Prior collision estimating or equivalent experience.
Knowledgeable in the auto repair process and estimating software.
Strong negotiation skills.
ASE or I-CAR certification in auto body repairs – Preferred
Excellent customer service skills
Founded in 1984, Abra Auto Body Repair of America is an industry leading auto body and glass repair provider with hundreds of repair centers in many major markets across the country. Abra provides employees tremendous opportunities for career advancement and invests in ongoing education and training to expand employee skillsets. Abra provides a safe work environment with the proper tools and equipment in place for employees to be successful. Abra employees benefit from working in a team environment and have the opportunity to collaborate on projects which make a difference in their communities.
Project Estimator - Commercial Lighting Department (5343-034)
Capital Electric has a Lighting Estimator position available in our Commercial Sales department at our Baltimore, MD location. The person in this role provides accurate, competitive and timely project pricing for our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of professional customer service, meet deadlines, work effectively in challenging environment and be willing to go the extra mile.
Effectively review and evaluate architectural and electrical drawings
Read and review lighting specifications
Foster and maintain excellent working relationships internally with project manager and outside sales rep
Interact with manufacturers and factory sales reps to produce competitive and timely pricing
Determine costs and sell amounts to maintain appropriate margins
Interact with contractors to follow up on pricing
Compile and analyze information from vendors
Ensure bid is inclusive of all mandatory requirements
Identify and review terms and dating purchase orders
Provide a complete and accurate quotation within the required time frame
Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
Stay current with new product information and emerging technologies
High School or GED
Lighting Estimating experience is preferred
1-2 years customer service experience – electrical/lighting industry preferred
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Good and dependable mathematic skills
Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills
Reliable, responsible, and a great work ethic
We offer excellent training, career advancement opportunities, and a competitive compensation package to include vacation time, personal time, full health benefits, 401(k) and more. Capital Electric is an EEO Employer.
CapitalTristate, Eck Supply, and select Vallen locations have merged to become Capital Electric.
Capital Electric is The Electrical Distributor of Choice in the Mid-Atlantic region and a proud member of the Sonepar family. Capital Electric delivers excellence in service, products from the finest lighting and electrical manufacturers, extensive application expertise, and customized, comprehensive solutions to our customers. Altogether, we serve customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia from over 70 locations and from our central distribution center and company headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Capital Electric is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions.
Job Location Baltimore, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Supervisor, Virtual Estimator
The Virtual Estimator Supervisor is responsible for a team of Virtual Estimators in the Tulsa market that manage all aspects of Estimating across the entire organization. The supervisor will oversee the daily estimate process of all coax and/or fiber requests. The leadership expectation of the Virtual Estimator Supervisor is a collaboration with multiple boundary partners in all markets to seek the most efficient and effective process in providing timely and accurate estimates. The Virtual Estimator Supervisor is expected to provide support to the team for all projects and ensuring estimation follows written playbooks distributed by corporate. Frequent travel is required to support local teams and ensure expectations are being met with boundary partners.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Supervises a team of Virtual Estimators in the Construction department
Formally and informally coaches and develops the performance of the team to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet established goals.
Supervises day-to-day activities and business to maintain momentum and a sense of urgency toward desired results. Continually focuses driving high standards of performance, correcting performance gaps, and works relentlessly to overcome obstacles and meet or exceed challenging goals.
Reviews calendar, schedules, and tasks to plan/modify work schedules and ensure customers are served and priorities are achieved.
Applies functional and technical expertise and knowledge of performance standards to provide on-the-job training to team members.
Updates and maintains all project databases and spreadsheets to ensure accuracy and timeliness of work.
Analyzes and creates ad-hoc reports utilizing enterprise supported software.
Reviews estimates, and budgets to ensure alternative routing delivers the most cost effective design for construction.
Facilitates new business opportunities by conducting feasibility studies, inclusive of planning coordinating and budgeting activities.
Coordinates all processes, communication, accountabilities, and procedures associated with estimates.
Researches, compiles, and reports current data relative to projects.
Able to identify areas of high-interest to Cox Business
Interprets, creates, and implements company and departmental policies and procedures.
Monitors and oversees Estimating and Budget operations to provide complete and quality services with exceptional reliability and performance.
Promotes continued development of team members and self.
Monitors all facets of Estimation and Budgeting across all related Boundary Partners
Manages long-range plans for expansion, budgets, and, planning.
Reaches out to other Cox locations and Boundary Partners for sharing of best practices, lessons learned, reliability and operational efficiencies.
Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules.
Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
Responsible for system integrity across all tools including but not limited to Oracle, GNIS/myWorld, Workflow (TOMS/Optix/BID), ICOMS
Establishes aggressive timelines for work to ensure projects meet due dates.
Sets priorities and reviews performance of staff.
Ability to explain and educate others in fiber and HFC design practices and availability
Ability to multi-task between multiple enterprise tools and phone calls.
Releases addresses as serviceable and notifies other departments of serviceability.
As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in database, reconcile assets, and generate reports.
Able to read and interpret civil engineering drawings and DOT as well as all applicable rules and regulations.
Ability to function as a company representative with other utility and state/local entities.
3 or more years of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Construction, Design, Technical Operations, Plant Maintenance, etc).
Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and familiarity with billing and ticketing systems (e.g. ICOMs and UET)
Demonstrated analytical, technical problem solving, written and oral communication skills are essential
Strong customer service skills
Interacts effectively at various organizational levels and with different audiences (e.g. internal and external customers)
AS/AA or BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Business, Engineering, Electronics, etc.).
2 or more years of experience in a supervisory role or leading projects preferred
Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Prior experience with a mapping platform, GNIS/myWorld preferred
Prior experience with a workflow tool, TOMS/BID/Optix preferred
Prior experience with a reporting dashboard, OBIEE preferred
Prior experience with financial tool, Oracle preferred
Prior experience as a Virtual Estimator
Experience handling escalations
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!