Evanston Job Description Sample
Dedicated Truck Driver - CDL A - No Touch Freight
Dedicated routes giveHogan drivers freedom.
We have routes you can rely on.
We’ve done a lot more than talk to be around for over 95 years. Our drivers succeed with the support of the best equipment, pay, benefits and hometime that only an industry leader can provide. Whether you're an experienced Class A CDL driver, or a recent graduate, we have opportunities for you to join our team. To find the route that fits you best, call now and speak with a recruiter.
- Ask about our Sign On Bonus for experienced drivers
- $.42 CPM plus Stop & Detention Pay
- Up to $1,000 Weekly
- Drop N Hook
- No touch freight
- Home daily
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k) Plan
- Valid Class A CDL
- 6 months of recent truck driving experience
- Must live within 60 miles of Indianapolis, IN
Job Requisition ID: 9082
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for assisting with annual budget, financial forecasts, major capital investments, and other business issues requiring financial analysis. The role will support the VP of Domestic Sales Operations Finance in creation of budgets by product, GL account and activity as well as detailed analysis of these costs.
The role will also serve as a liaison between multiple business units with a specific focus on expenses. Responsible for compiling data elements necessary for completion of forecasts, analyzing results and forecasts, preparing monthly business reporting, presentations and ad hoc analysis.
This position can be located in Evanston, IL (preferred) or in Itasca, IL.
Support Domestic Sales Finance by assisting with the budget and forecast process:
- Plan and monitor timelines to meet strict deadlines
- Gather and compile data for budget analysis
- Create annual budget and forecast books
- Upload budgets and forecasts to SAP- Business Planning and Consolidated tool
- Ownership of various income statement items and departmental budgets
Month-end close process and reporting:
- Variance analysis
- Serve as a partner with shared service accounting to post entries and investigate issues
- Coordinate and lead the monthly review with finance team, collecting variance explanations and key performance drivers
- Develop monthly reporting package for Domestic Sales Finance as well as operational reports for the sales executive team
- Serve as finance liaison to specific business departments by communicating results and assistance in managing operating expenses
Various projects and ad hoc requests:
- Creation of executive decks
- Improving processes and policies
- Act as deal partners for sales and business desk support functions
- Automation/improvement of reporting tools and dashboards to improve divisional efficiency
- Data mining
- Assistance to other members of the finance team
Required Education and
- BS in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, VLookups, formulas) is required
Preferred Experience and
- 0 - 3 years of related business experience preferred
- SAP R/3, Business Warehouse, Business Planning and Consolidation Tool
- Crystal Reports
- Business Objects Explorer (or similar)
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Access and Visio
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities:
- Familiarity with financial accounting (GAAP) and financial systems.
- Publishing Industry knowledge
- Demonstrated strong organizational, observational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong documentation and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, qualitative and problem-solving abilities.
- Takes initiative to participate in learning opportunities and openly shares information with others.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Creative problem solving & strategic thinker.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time including domestic air travel and/or driving between customer sites.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people's lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K-12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Lyft Driver (Full Time)
Make up to $35/hr driving for Lyft. What is Lyft?
Lyft matches drivers with passengers who request rides through the Lyft smartphone app. Signing up to be a Lyft driver is the perfect opportunity for you to set your own schedule and be your own boss while earning extra money. Apply to drive today and start offsetting the costs of your car, covering this month's bills, or funding your dreams!
Why Lyft? Keep All of Your Tips: Earn tips from your passengers and keep all of it -100%. Make More Money:
Prime Time pricing during peak hours means more $ for you. Receive Payment Weekly: Money is deposited directly into your account weekly.
Friendly Community: Our community is full of awesome, respectful people. How Lyft Driving Works:
Step 1: Open the app and turn on "driver" mode. Step 2:
Accept a passenger ride request. Step 3: Pick up your passenger at their location.
Step 4: Drop off your passenger at their destination.
*Once the ride has completed, payment is processed automatically and you're ready for your next ride! Driver
You're at least 21 years. old. You have a 4-door from 2004 or newer. You own an iPhone or Android smartphone. You have a clean driving record and auto insurance.
Reporting to the Controller, and newly created due to growth, the Accounting Associate has daily accounting responsibilities for the company including , account reconciliation2, , payroll, accounts payable and more.
- Perform cash reconciliations for disbursement accounts using specialized automated reconciliation software (ReconArt).
- Prepare reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts and assemble all general ledger reconciliations for review by the Controller.
- Process accounts payable for all vendors including employee expense reimbursement, rent payments, and tax disbursements.
- Process payroll for entire organization with assistance from third party HR service and automated time reporting system.
- Assist with recording of all federal, state, and local tax payments as well as related disbursements to shareholders.
- Assist with month-end & year-end close process, performing analysis of account transactions for use in review of revenue and expenses.
- Ad hoc preparation of financial and accounting reports as needed for special projects.
Skills and Requirements
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an accounting department.
- Associate degree preferred
- Experience processing payroll and/or accounts payable a plus.
- Experience using advanced Excel functions (VLOOKUP, Pivot Table) skills.
- Must be very detail oriented, accurate, and comfortable producing bank reconciliations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with outside vendors and fellow staff.
- Hard-working, mature, and possess an ability to work independently. Must also be comfortable working with highly confidential information.
- Chicagoland resident
Account Rep – Advertising & Marketing Sales
NEED SOME FAST CASH? WRITE A DEAL TODAY AND GET PAID UP TO $748 BY DINNER TONIGHT!
GREAT NEW PRODUCT FOR EVERY MERCHANT!
How would you like to sell a product that merchants LOVE?
We’ve been in the business for more than 5 years and currently have over 1,000,000 consumers receiving over 4.5 million messages from our merchants. Our merchant and consumer attrition rate is unheard of with only 2% leaving us each month!
SenText Solutions has all the tools and expertise you need to explain this to your merchant base, get them to buy and, most importantly, show them how to become extremely successful with our product, by using it the right way! Many of our merchants achieve an ROI that exceeds 1000%.
Average $45-$50 monthly residual per merchant account
Average $150-$200 up front commission per new merchant account
Residuals are LIFETIME VESTED
We pay residuals and commissions DAILY
We have agents already making over $25,000 per month in residual income
This year we’ll pay out over $1,000,000 in residuals
Texting is here to stay! Call the experts and get your merchants involved TODAY!
APPLY TODAY TO LEARN MORE
Software Engineer - Evanston- Accuity
Accuity is growing! We are a market leading online brand growing our customer base and seeking a Software Developer to join our Evanston based development centre. Accuity is a leading brand within Reed Business Information, one of the world’s top-100 ‘online superpowers’ and part of the FTSE100 Reed Elsevier media and publishing group.
You’ll be working in a cross-functional team, working alongside colleagues from a variety of technical and commercial functions. We are an agile like company that focuses on leveraging technology and business data. This position is focused on Government Services where you will be working with products that serve the Social Security Administration and Medicaid programs. You will be working with Federal/State agencies on integrating Financial Institution information into their workflow.
And the tech?
We’re a technology driven business and the technical landscape here is both advanced and constantly changing as we explore new and more efficient/effective ways of creating our products; we also work with a number of industry leading technology partners who keep us on top of our game.
Here’s a snap-shot of some of the things we do and use:
· Java 1.7/1.8
· Web services using CXF/SoapUI
· Oracle Database
· Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
Skills & Requirements
First and foremost you need to have the right character and attitude; we have a truly cross-functional and highly-collaborative environment and whether you're a graduate trainee or a CIO we expect you to get involved! The Software Developer will need to have the ability to work across different technologies and interface with multiple teams. Communicating well is an important skill along with the ability to research and problem solve. You will be working with a team of professionals that want you to succeed and help you to grow in your career.
There is of course a base-line of skills that we need and you should be able to demonstrate skills in the following:
4. Spring/Hibernate (ROM) and SQL
5. Version Control (SVN and/or GIT)
6. Eclipse or IntelliJ
7. Java build experience – Maven, ANT
Interpersonal and stakeholder skills are required.
About Reed Business Information
So who are RBI and Accuity?
As one interviewee put it some years ago we’re “the biggest company you’ve never heard of”! To be more specific we’re a global online media and information business cited amongst the world’s top-100 ‘online superpowers’. We have an international portfolio of market leading products that spans Western Europe, North America, China, Singapore, Australia and beyond; we’re also part of the FTSE100 Reed Elsevier Group, a global media and publishing group with a history spanning over 100 years and revenues in the region of $10bn.
Accuity sits within the RBI portfolio and is currently our leading brand with c.600 staff and $140m revenue. Accuity is a fast-growing, technology-lead, and highly innovative business with a passion for innovation and hiring the best talent available.
And what about your career?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take our PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously; we want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and we will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about us career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you’re looking for a change). We’re also an increasingly international business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
- 401k match of 5%
- 18 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days
– 2 days per year
- Benefits start the upon hire date
- Excellent OTE & Competitive Salaries
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
Assistant General Manager
We prides itself on our hospitality, fresh ingredients, and healthy menu in order to exceed expectations 100% of the time providing the best fresh casual experience. We specialize in Mediterranean-inspired cuisine and each day we make all of our foods from scratch, and are proud to do so without the use of fryers or microwaves.
We are a rapidly growing across Chicago and we are currently looking for a friendly, energetic and dependable team-oriented leader, possessing a strong work ethic with a passion for food to represent our brand to the public.
Come let your career grow with us!
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Exciting and dynamic work environment
Opportunities for growth and a promising career path
Successfully complete an 8 week Management Training Program
Supports the GM with weekly administrative tasks
Supervise and manage staff members as well as demonstrate quality crew development, motivation, training and evaluations
Thrives in a fast-paced environment
Works store positions when not working on administrative duties
Store quality, service and cleanliness
Create schedules for BOH and FOH
Minimum of 1-3 years management experience
No more than 2 jobs in the previous 5 years
Prior knowledge of Profit and Loss statements preferred
Excellent leadership, customer service, communication and organizational skills
Maintain a positive, clean, safe atmosphere and environment for both guests and coworkers
Motivated, self-initiated and team oriented
Professional attitude and respect for coworkers, establishment, and the brand
Strong work ethic, and desire to exceed our guests' expectations 100% of the time
Insurance Sales And Customer Service
We are seeking an Insurance Sales And Customer Service person to join our team! You will be responsible for helping customers by providing product and service information and resolving technical issues.
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Provide information about the products and services
- Sell all State Farm Insurance products
- Troubleshoot and resolve product issues and concerns
- Document and update customer records based on interactions
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of the evolving products and services
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Two Blocks East of Skokie Blvd on the South Side of Oakton St.
If you have the drive, commitment, and passion to take your career to the next level we look forward to you joining our winning team.
Inside Sales Representative -- Uncapped Commissions
We are seeking talented, unique and highly motivated individuals who are looking for a great opportunity to work and grow their career with a fast paced, high growth, high reward Company.
Multiple positions open!
Inside Sales Representative Description
Our Inside Sales Representatives are driven, competitive and have a passion for winning.
In this position you earn a weekly base pay + uncapped commissions, as a first year sales rep you have the ability to earn anywhere between $40,000-$65,000
Inside sales is fast paced and results oriented. You will build client rapport, and communicate solution values of products and services.
Create quotes and gain commitment from the customer over the phone.
Earn industry-leading compensation, benefits and awards, as well as advancement opportunities. We promote from within!
Inside Sales Representative Qualifications
Demonstrate a high degree of diligence and accountability, with evidence of personal results
A balance of coachability and confidence that makes people jealous of how great you are
Comfortable in a competitive environment, with evidence of personal ambition to improve
Abnormally strong negotiation and consultation skills
Captive learner, excited about the opportunity to develop consultative sales skills
No previous Inside Sales Representative experience required
Benefits and Perks
Fun and relaxed work environment with a great group of people
Room for career growth
Paid Time Off
Medical and dental insurance
Weekly free team lunch
With roots in security going back more than 30 years, LiveWatch's exclusive Plug & Protect technology provides custom security systems and the fastest response time. That's why LiveWatch is America's #1 choice for home security as well as the fastest growing home security company in the nation.
LiveWatch Security is a trusted source of security solutions for more than just homeowners and business owners throughout the country. Our growing list of customers also includes the U.S. State Department, Department of Justice, and many more!
Class A CDL Driver
Smell company trucking southeast suburb Evanston, IL We are seeking a Class A CDL Driver independent company driver looking hire immediately local & regional work within 650-1000 miles radius,,,, covering Midwest & southwest area. Must have some exp. refrigerated ,dry van , & flatbed
- Safely operate a heavy or tractor-trailer truck
- Load and unload cargo
- Properly track and document activity log
- Report any issues or incidents to dispatch
- Inspect truck before and after trip
- Previous experience in truck driving or other related fields
- Commercial driver's license
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong work ethic
- Min 1-2 work or more OTR exp. with 2 yrs verifiable work history
- clean MVR
- clean criminal background
- NO DUI
- No Accident within 1yrs
- benefit offer includes
- detention pay
- cash adv.
- fuel card
- layover pay
- health ins
- $ 500 dollar sign on bonus after 60 days employment
- contact number 844-896-8230 or 708-200-4698
Medical benefits offered after 60 days
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!