Exhibit Artist Job Description Sample
Museum of Science, Boston
Responsible for developing 3-D design solutions under the direction of senior design staff from conception to implementation for large and small permanent, temporary, and traveling exhibits as assigned. Designs include layout, environment, structures, cabinetry and interactives. Uses necessary art and preparation skills to produce required models, prototypes, sketches, or renderings for communicating design concepts with others. Integrates 2-D graphic elements and technical design elements (mechanical, electrical, other moving parts) into concepts and structures. Collaborates with team members, senior design staff, managers, other Museums, and members of the community to develop and produce exhibits according to the goals of the project, meeting the needs of our broad visitor audience, on time and within budget. The desired end result is the creation of engaging, attractive, accurate, accessible and relevant exhibits that effectively communicate their intended messages to a wide audience and that reflect the advice and counsel of visitors, Museum staff, and outside experts.
Provides a supporting role for 1 to 2 major permanent or temporary projects annually with budgets ranging from $100,000 to $3,000,000. Size may range from 500 to 12,000 square feet.
Provides design services for 5 to 10 minor exhibit projects with budgets ranging from $1000 to $100,000 and sizes up to 500 square feet.
Creates layouts for 2-5 temporary installations per year.
This position is grant funded, full-time, 40 hours/week.
Director of Exhibt Design and Production
Bachelors of Science or Arts degree preferred.
Three (3) years or more of industrial design, theater design, interior design, or exhibition design experience.
Design skills including knowledge of drafting, Computer Aided Design (VectorWorks preferred)
Experienced in use of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop or similar software.
Demonstrated art skills ie sketching and computer renderings
Ability to integrate 2-D design elements into a 3-D design concept and structures.
Demonstrated ability to be an excellent communicator, take direction well, and work creatively and productively on teams.
Basic knowledge of use of shop hand tools, construction of 3D models for presentations, knowledge of materials, and shop construction techniques.
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
Exhibit Operations Planner/Coordinator
We're a global company of thinkers, designers, and doers. Freeman partners with our clients to build a connection with their customers by creating brand experiences that are seamless, innovative, and immersive. From strategy, creative, and digital to logistics and event technology, our teams place the client at the center, helping them connect to people in meaningful and personal ways. What makes us unique is our collaborative culture, intuitive knowledge, global perspective, and personalized approach developed from our 90-year legacy as an industry leader. Freeman connects people to a universe of opportunities that create a spark, build understanding, and inspire action.
Performs administration and project coordination of work performed by the Exhibit Operations team.
Coordinates with Manager communicating assignments to BDM/CSM
Organizes all booked jobs for Manager
Updates Salesforce with Assignments
Orders 3rd Party Services and confirms completed orders to CSM, Manager and Supervisors
Coordinates/Orders floor coverings and confirms orders with Fabricating shop and Manager
Creates Supervisor Packets/Show Files and distributes
Highlights floorplans showing booth locations on entire event and distributes to Manager and Supervisors as necessary
Supports building of Production Schedules with Manager and Supervisors
Recaps costs and works on budgets with Manager as needed
Requests and supplies EAC/COI information and creates lists for DOEO and Manager
Sends floor plans/build plans for venue approval
Requests and manages Engineering approvals
Audits labor and production tickets in TSS to ensure complete information is provided to Manager and Supervisors
Confirms all travel has been approved and expenses are billed
Manage/monitor storage billing at the branch, review inventories and arrange disposal of client owned properties as needed
Ensures shows are closed and invoiced in TSS and/or accrued for end of the month
Responsible for correct price master templates in TSS for Non Freeman shows
Create show recap file (bible) encompassing all exhibits on an event for non-Freeman and Freeman shows
Keep records of all hours worked and billable materials and update T&M tickets on Non Freeman
Coordinates and provides to branch payroll departments all payroll for Non-Freeman shows
During busy periods, PC may be required to report to showsite to assist Coordinators as needed
Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years of industry experience preferred
Freeman is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, marital status, military and protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation or any other legally protected status. If you require accessibility assistance or accommodation for a disability when applying for open positions please email us at Careers@freeman.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster (English) * (Español)
Seasonal Holiday Lights Exhibit Attendant
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute is the sole nonprofit organization created by President Reagan charged with continuing his legacy and sharing his principles - individual liberty, economic opportunity, global democracy and national pride. The Foundation is a non-partisan organization which sustains the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley, CA, the Reagan Center for Public Affairs, the Presidential Learning Center, The Air Force One Pavilion, the award-winning Discovery Center and the Reagan Institute, which carries out the Foundation's mission in Washington, D.C. The Reagan Library houses over 55 million pages of Gubernatorial, Presidential and personal papers and over 60,000 gifts and artifacts chronicling the lives of Ronald and Nancy Reagan. It also serves as the final resting place of America's 40th President and his First Lady. www.reaganfoundation.org
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute is hiring Seasonal Exhibit Attendants in various outdoor customer service roles: greeting visitors, serving as exhibit guides, assisting with parking, managing guest lines, acting as Santa's Helper, and serving in various attendant roles for the Reagan Library's upcoming "Holiday Lights" exhibit. Holiday Lights is a new outdoor walking tour of the Reagan Library campus from November 10, 2018 through January 6, 2019, open every evening from 6:00 pm-10:00 pm – www.reaganlibrary.com/lights.
This non-exempt seasonal position will begin with training in the week leading up to November 10, 2018 and will go through the end of the exhibit on January 6, 2019. Exhibit Attendants will be scheduled approximately 15-30 hours a week (but may work up to 40 hours schedule permitting) and are eligible for overtime. Shifts will generally be from 5:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m. Weekend evenings will be required; shifts may include additional hours for Foundation special events.
Must be 18 years of age.
Prior work experience is desired.
Must be reliable, punctual, accountable and professional.
Must have excellent customer service skills, be courteous, efficient and possess a positive attitude.
Must be able to work and support colleagues in a close-knit and group environment.
Ability and willingness to learn – and stay updated – on the Reagan Library exhibits, Library operations, and Foundation projects and programs.
Work is performed outside in the elements, while standing or walking, with occasional bending, reaching, and the lifting -- and occasional carrying of -- printed materials or exhibit supplies.
Highly effective verbal communication skills in a customer facing role.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize those tasks, and follow through until completion.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including all evenings and weekends.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
This position will be compensated on a $11.50 per hour basis; eligible for overtime.
Benefits include paid sick leave based on hours accrued per pay period.
The position will be located at The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, Simi Valley, California.
Ice! Exhibit Attendant
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities.
As a Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a "consider it done" spirit to work. In return, you'll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change?
Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.
Provide customer service in the areas of operations for various exhibits and shows. Operate attraction/event by assisting guests to safely enjoy their experience.
Sell tickets to attraction/event by providing accurate information in a suggestive selling manner. Sell retail merchandise utilizing suggestive selling methods and maintaining displays as needed. Operate cash register and POS system to sell tickets or merchandise.
Responsible for cash bank and deposits following established cash control procedures. Answer guest inquiries via phone, personally or electronically in a prompt, courteous manner. Direct guests to proper location with clear instructions.
Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; verify uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Senior Outsourcing Artist
Established in 2004, Lakshya Digital, a Keywords Studio, is the largest interactive entertainment and game development services studio in South Asia. We have game production studios in Gurgaon and Pune, and business offices in Tokyo, Japan and San Diego, California.
Our continued success is fueling the need to expand in the US and we are looking for top quality talent to become part of our studio in Redmond, WA. We are looking for a talented Senior Outsourcing Artist that could support our projects. If you have grown weary of working on the same project doing the same thing for years on end, or if you are interested to experience what it is like to work on multiple AAA projects at the same time then dust off your resume, polish up your portfolio and send it to us for consideration.
As a Senior Outsourcing Artist, you will report to the Outsourcing Art Manager and must ensure the consistent delivery of top quality content and documentation that meets client and internally created specifications. The Senior Outsourcing Artist must be able to thrive in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, by being highly organized and detail oriented, with exceptional oral and written communication skills in English. Our successful, Senior Outsourcing Artist, candidate must possess relevant technical skills while in a similar role on at least one AAA Current Gen console game. Applicants with Game Development backgrounds preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ industry experience with a minimum of 2 titles shipped in either a Senior Character Artist, Senior Environment Artist, or similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of current-gen game content development processes, tools, pipelines, scene management, limitations, and dependencies.
- Skilled with all current tools and technologies; Maya or Max, Mudbox or Zbrush, Photoshop, etc.
- 3D sculpting, modeling, texturing, and material creation skills for creating either characters, environments, or props.
- Proven ability to produce top quality content, using current generation game engines (Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard, etc.).
- Experience in preproduction and planning. Solid understanding of game development and be up to date on current trends.
- Able to collaborate with internal and external teams.
- Knowledge of PBR texturing pipelines required.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team attitude.
- BA or equivalent industry experience.
- Perform Art reviews, provide quality feedback in our tracking tools, support collaboration and communication between our PMs, Artists, and External Artists on multiple projects. Work with Account Management to ensure overall client satisfaction when interfacing with client directly.
- May be needed to work directly with the client art teams and is responsible to ensuring high quality customer support and respectful collaboration.
- Regularly collaborate and support mid-sized external teams (25 - 50+ artists) to find production solutions that uphold the client’s quality expectations.
- Must be able to understand client aesthetic and support the visual communication to the external artists for multiple projects.
- Responsible for the quality of all incoming art assets from the projects they are leading. Actively works to improve approval ratio for their team.
- Work with the Project Managers, other leads, and artists to develop solid estimates, pipelines, schedules, and production plans.
- Provide clear and concise both written and verbal feedback of submissions from external art teams.
- Able to prioritize and provide feedback and review for more than two projects at a time.
- Depending on the project needs, able to create and/or polish existing 3D assets to meet final deliverable quality when necessary in a variety of software packages.
- Able to establish, drive, and maintain clear and respectful communication with clients, PMs, and external art teams, with little supervision. Work with Seattle Studio Art Directors and Account managers to raise visibility on production concerns and work to implement client facing solutions.
PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision
Role and Responsibilities
The Graphic Artist will create vector-based technical graphics for Unmanned Air System (UAS) Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) including hot-spotting, wire trace, 3D Modeling and other advanced graphic capabilities. The Graphic Artist support an IETM authoring team that is both on site and distributed.
The Graphic Artist will have the ability to review engineering documentation in order to create graphics. The Graphic Artist will prepare draft material for internal review by subject matter experts and final review and acceptance by customer.Solid, working knowledge of vector-based technical drawing software (Adobe Illustrator, IsoDraw/VizEdit, Corel Draw, etc.) Knowledge of CAD-based 3D Modeling software (CATIA, AutoDesk, Intergraph, etc.) is a plus. The Graphic Artist will utilize EAGLE Publishing System, Adobe Acrobat, Oxygen XML, NAVAIR Standard IETM Viewer (NSIV) and Microsoft Office products.The Graphic Artist must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to new information and programs.
Education: 5-7 years' experience in graphics creation for aviation and/or other military systems is required. Bachelor's Degree is preferred. O level naval aviation maintenance background is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have attention to detail.
Must be able to prepare technical material for internal review by subject matter experts and final review by customer. Must mentor and train junior level personnel. Must be able to work independently, be team oriented, and possess strong customer facing skills.
Must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to new information and programs. Ability to write in a clear and concise manner, possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must be a self-starter. Must be able to perform tasking without constant supervision.
Equipment and Machines: Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Attendance: Anticipated at Monday-Friday.
Regular attendance of scheduled hours is critical.Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.Periodically, surge working events are required that occur based upon program needs, including nights and weekends. Travel (including airline travel) is required. Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.Independent personal transportation to work site is required.Applicant will be working in both office and aircraft hangar settings.
Solid, working knowledge of vector-based technical drawing software (Adobe Illustrator, IsoDraw/VizEdit, Corel Draw, etc.) Knowledge of CAD-based 3D Modeling software (CATIA, AutoDesk, Intergraph, etc.) is a plus.Have solid understanding of IETM development and ASD S100D processes and practices. EAGLE Publishing System (EPS) or other CSDB experience is preferred. Background of demonstrated multitasking and customer service skills is preferred.
Additional Notes Applicant must hold a current government security clearance and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Aircraft Systems
Primary Location: US-US-MD-Lexington Park
Req ID: 1073895
$200 sign on bonus after 60 days of employment
A SUBWAY Sandwich Artist greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position. Tasks and
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the SUBWAY Operations Manual.
Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the SUBWAY Operations Manual.
Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
Completes University of SUBWAY courses as directed.
ART - Senior Environment Artist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create props, architecture, and terrain models, textures, and materials
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to design and layout game play spaces and create visually striking game environments
- Work with the Art Director and Environment Art Lead to drive the art vision for the game
- Follow established art direction and style through use of concepts and critiques.
- Translate concept art and design ideas into 3D gameplay worlds
- Participate in establishing pipelines for the best results in a given amount of time
- Participate in establishing and maintaining the high quality bar for the game
- Participate in scoping work for environment art planning and milestone deliveries
- Ensure that assets meet the performance and memory requirements of the game engine and hardware.
- Guide and mentor other team members.
- Be able to work well as a team member or small team lead.
- Ability to adapt and assume new responsibilities should the need arise.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as an Environment Artist.
- Professional experience working on current generation games.
- Self-driven with strong communication skills.
- Ability to mentor and teach other artists.
- Expert understanding of Maya, Photoshop, Mudbox, Z-brush or equivalent.
- Expert understanding of generating normal maps from high poly models.
- Expert ability to create realistic looking textures and models.
- Understanding of source control via Perforce or equivalent.
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
- Five or more years of professional experience.
- Knowledge of texturing programs like Substance or Quixel.
- Knowledge of real-time rendering tech.
- Understanding in creating PBR materials and rendering.
- Previous console development experience.
- A portfolio review is required. We prefer web-based submissions, but will evaluate DVDs if necessary.
- Applicants should expect to take a modeling and texture test on provided 3d model(s).
- Applicants must be able to work in the USA and willing to relocate to the Seattle, WA area.
Senior Technical Artist
Senior Technical Artist: Job description
Are you passionate about crafting state of the art content for AAA gaming experiences? Excited about collaborating with and supporting a high caliber team of artists and clients from around the globe? Our continued success is fueling the need to expand in the US and we are looking for a technical artist to join our studio in Redmond, WA.
The ideal candidate will have the technical skills to troubleshoot, invent and improve workflows for creating game assets and a thorough knowledge of game engines like Unity and UE4 (with focus on advanced shader creation, materials, blueprint setup, and particle systems). Well balanced communication skills are essential as you will be working closely supporting the art teams and our international clients.
The candidate must be proactive and focused on mitigating production challenges, propose creative solutions and be able to implement changes to our internal and external production pipelines. Can develop flexible pipeline tools that satisfy a wide variety of artist needs and styles, including set up, automation, and optimization. Able to establish standards and best practices for character, VFX and environment construction. Experience solving complex workflow issues with version control systems like Perforce.
About Lakshya Digital: Established in 2004, Lakshya Digital is the largest interactive entertainment and game development services studio in South Asia. We have game production studios in Gurgaon and Pune, and business offices in Tokyo, Japan and San Diego, California.
Who we think will be a great fit
· Scripting experience (Mel, Python, Maxscript, etc). C# experience a plus.
· Solid understanding of Unreal 4 including blueprints, materials and shader systems
· Knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, shaders, cloth simulations, lighting, and dynamics
· Comfortable with Maya Tools and have broad Maya experience
· Experience writing Maya (and Houdini) plugins
· Rigging and animation skills are a bonus
· Excellent time management skills
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication and softskills.
· 5+ years of experience on commercial AAA game titles on multiple platforms including XBOX ONE, PS4 and Mobile
· Working with the other leads to develop requirements for tools and directing the tools team in India for all tool development initiatives
· Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent
· Extensive experience with Perforce and managing production pipelines
· Experience working with issue tracking tools like JIRA and Shotgun.
· Experience writing Maya (and Houdini) plugins
· Self-motivated with a strong ability to learn new areas of game development
· Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere and give relevant technical feedback and suggestions when needed
PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision
Lead Artist - Bergdorf Goodman
A lead artist is a true brand ambassador who lives and breathes our values. Combining artistry and commerce – our lead artists drive targets through building lasting customer relationships and showcasing exceptional artistry. A lead artist has a track record of delivering results at retail artist level and can lead by example and coach retail artist teams to succeed
In addition to the day to day aspects of a retail artist, a lead retail artist is expected to:
- Lead by example to consistently achieve and exceed personal sales goals and KPI’s
- Create brand awareness through the sharing and demonstration of strong product knowledge
- Be proactive in booking appointments and maximizing every consultation
- Take every opportunity to extend exceptional customer service beyond the in-store experience; driving the customer database for direct marketing opportunities within Company guidelines
- Be an inspiration to the team, demonstrating exceptional artistry; giving on the spot coaching and feedback to develop the Retail Artists
- Maintain fluency in Charlotte Tilbury’s makeup style, language and expertise in product knowledge
- Drive masterclasses and event activity in-store, ensure appointments are fully booked
- Bring active support and initiative for counter events/new product launches; sharing ideas
A Lead Tilbury Artist should always be/have..
- Passionate for the Charlotte Tilbury brand
- Engaging and personable
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experienced artist
- Proven track record in driving personal sales
- Customer facing experience
- Social Media presence
- Experience of managing and planning in-store events
- Healthcare benefits, Commuter Pre-Tax program, plus 401(K) employer match, Tilbury Treats (Employee Discount Platform)
- 15 PTO Days
- Generous product discount
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!