Exhibit Designer Job Description Sample
The Exhibit Designer will work closely with the team to assist in all aspects of the design process, including conceptualizing, drawing in 2D and 3D, digital and physical modeling, rendering, graphic design, presentation and implementation.
Develop designs, including interactive experiences 3-D exhibit elements, interiors, artifact displays, from conceptual stage through final drawings. (Hand sketching, Sketch Up, Podium)
Develop drawing packages, including design detail drawings (AutoCAD) and (Sketch- up lay out)
Develop narratives of exhibit elements in drawings and describe their functionality
Work in a team environment including Luci Creative staff, fabrication team and client contacts
Participate in conceptual development and illustrate design concepts through a variety of mediums, including hand sketches and computer renderings.
Assisting in the creation of presentations, graphics, or documents
Managing documentation/deliverables that support each unique project
Creating look-and-feel mood boards, compositional mock-up and style guides
Managing Materials Library and meeting with vendors
Skills and Requirements
Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and illustrative
A strategic and conceptual thinker, able to communicate unique ideas quickly and collaboratively
A minimum of 3 years of experience in exhibit design or related field
Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Organized and strategic in process and behavior
Attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
Proven experience in multiple phases of the design process, including concept, design development, and DDs.
Proven graphic design chops in typography, color, grids, and layout
Good knowledge of fabrication techniques and materials standards of exhibit design
Strong technical drawing skills (AutoCAD)
3-D modeling/rendering skills (SketchUp & Podium are a plus)
Proficient in design software: Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or Keynote and skilled in producing solutions in a variety of formats
Sketch well by hand
B.A. or M.A. in Exhibit Design, Interior Design, Environmental Design, Architecture, Theatrical Design, or Industrial Design
Resumes submitted without work samples will not be considered. This is a full time position that does not allow for telecommunicating.
3D Trade Show Exhibit Designer
Sacks Exhibits is a well established Trade Show Exhibit and Events Company with a fast paced, deadline driven environment. We are currently seeking a motivated 3Designer to assist with the execution of day to day production within our Experiential Design Department. This is a full-time, non-exempt position within the organization.
The 3D Designer a hands-on position and entails independently following through with each task given from start to finish. Daily operations will include but are not limited to:
- Participating in design/production meetings and client/company discussions.
- Participating in design launches with Account Executive, Managers and Creative Director.
- Complete design projects from conception to final renders under timeline restrictions.
- Maintain library of rental components.
- Complete client product model and maintain active CAD libraries.
- Complete utility/networking and hanging sign drawings based on client specifications.
- Complete final renders to match work orders for production.
- Supply export files for estimating and production.
- Assist with acquiring and updating supplier/ vendor literature and samples
- Effectively communicate with Creative Director to efficiently complete each task given.
- This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Requires availability to work over-time as necessary.
Competencies and required skills:
- College diploma in Graphic Arts with a minimum of 2 year Design experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the Trade Show, Exhibit, and/ or Display Industry.
- Expertise of 3-dimensional modeling software. (FormZ, Cinema 4D, Vectorworks are being used in this department)
- Candidates should be proficient in 3D modeling, texturing shapes and lighting to create dramatic and polished visualization.
- Knowledgeable in animation and fly-trough capabilities.
- An understanding of construction techniques and materials.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the latest design trends.
- Excellent understanding of the latest technology used in Audio Visual and Theatrical Productions
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with co-workers.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing with minimal supervision.
- Excel under pressure while meeting deadlines and project goals.
- Trade Show, Exhibit, and/ or Display experience is required.
Sacks Exhibits is an equal opportunity employer. Please check out our latest projects at www.sacksexhibits.com.
For more information on Sacks Exhibits and our latest projects please visit www.sacksexhibits.com
Senior Exhibit Designer
Our ideal candidate should have experience developing designs and experiences for trade show exhibits, corporate lobbies, museum exhibits, retail environments and events.
help develop designs and experiential marketing for 3 dimensional spaces
research and integrate new materials, technologies and processes
work with estimating, engineering, and production departments to make your design a reality
excellent communication skills, you have to be able to tell us why we can’t live without your designs
more than 5 years of experience and a relevant degree
rough hand sketching to communicate general conceptual ideas
3D environmental rendering skills (must know a 3D program and be willing to learn formZ)
fluency with Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
general understanding of MS Office products (word, excel, powerpoint, etc.)
able to work on multiple projects at once
open to constructive criticism
ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
excellent time management skills
If you are a highly motivated, detail-driven designer who loves to take their conceptual ideas from start to finish, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email us a portfolio/resume or link to your work. How you brand yourself communicates to us how well you’ll do communicating the brands of our clients.
Salary and compensation are commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401k and matching, medical and dental insurance, standard vacation and sick time, etc.
First step in application process is to invite you to complete a brief survey that provides insight into your strengths and how they tie into our world class culture. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey at the following link: https://www.cindexinc.com/users/ciims/processes/surveyInfo.php?cfilter=1&COMPANY_CODE=80F961
Ion Exhibits is seeking a creative Exhibit Designer to join our fast-paced environment. With direct interaction between clients and sales, the ideal candidate will be able to persuade and paint images and ideas through their style of communication. This position has the freedom and independence to creatively self-manage the design of exhibits, graphics and environments with the support of the creative team, sales team and Project Managers. The next Exhibit Designer to join our team must create exhibits that capture client requirements around flow, audience experience and brand messaging. One who effectively manages multiple projects while delivering design within project timelines and scope. Also, able to communicate their inspiration, design elements and overall design to the client to show how their design exceeds their expectation and making a positive contribution to the mission of Ion Exhibits.
Exhibit & Branded Environment Designer
Exhibit & Branded Environment Designers at Exhibit Concepts are responsible for the creative development and theming of displays, exhibits, and interior environments for particular clients, bringing their brand to life in the given space – and helping clients to achieve specific business purposes. This is a fast-paced, creative, and collaborative work environment, providing opportunities to work with great brands both in the USA and abroad.
Candidate will be responsible adhering to a design schedule and managing a project from start to finish, on-time and within-budget, including ideation/concepting, computer modeling, producing final renderings and drafting documents, project specifications, and final presentation to clients. Responsible for staying current with design trends and technologies. Must also aid in maintaining an inspiring, teamwork driven department. Must possess the ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines, have a strong attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Interior Design, Architecture or similar degree; or minimum (5) years related experience and/or training in design discipline.
Minimum three (3) to five (5) years work experience and exposure in exhibit design (or closely related industry), or completion of cooperative (internship) program at a college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Possess an understanding of color theory and have an ability to follow and understand past and current aesthetic, design styles and design trends. Must understand the implications of space planning as well as have the skill to visualize and communicate concepts verbally.
Working knowledge of the following software on MAC; Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Acrobat, Power Point, 3DS Max or Form Z.
Required abilities to include hand-sketching, collaborative brainstorming, computer modeling/rendering, excellent verbal, written and illustrative communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
Be able to travel periodically.
We are an award-winning event marketing agency that designs and produces branded environments, including domestic and international trade shows, museums, executive briefing centers, corporate interiors, vehicle marketing and tours, experiential and interactive engagements, creative and design services, and program management. We are passionate about providing custom brand experiences which create unique connections between our clients and their customers.
Exhibit / Environmental Designer
· Engagement in the design process from inception through execution
· Understanding the clients’ goals, budget constraints and personal design preferences
· Creating inspirational, innovative, aesthetic and engaging exhibit designs
· Compile research, inspiration and finished designs into a design document for presentation
· Provide design visuals to communicate creative concepts to client, account executive, estimating & production
· Attend all appropriate project meetings and report on creative status
· Keep abreast of industry trends and developing technology, attend trade shows, industry conventions/seminars and read/subscribe to design-related publications
· Visualize and bring to life graphic elements in exhibit environments with interpretive displays through renderings and sketches
· Prioritize tasks and work flow in a high paced design field in accordance with the project schedule
· Development through multiple phases of the design process, including conceptualization, design development, final digital artwork and fabrication oversight
· Work directly with Clients, Estimators, Account Executives, Account Managers and the Production Department during the design process to ensure the proposed designs are within budget and appropriate to the project and venue
· Provide 3D images and 2D drawings for client or vendor review by using traditional hand drawn techniques and or PC format programs such as; Autodesk 3D Max, 3D-VIZ, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
· Travel to meetings and site visits as required by projects
· 5+ years designing trade show exhibits
· Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Art, Exhibit Design, Industrial Design or related field is preferred
· Strong design portfolio showcasing talent in custom exhibit design and graphic design
· Have a working knowledge of materials, technologies, construction techniques and event production
· The ability to tell the story of how you got to the final design concept
· The ability to take initiative with minimal direction and oversight
· 3D Max & Vray, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign experience
· Skilled in translating marketing messages and guidelines to environments and experiences
· Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and illustrative
· Must be detail-oriented, possess exceptional organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment, competently handling demanding deadlines
The Exhibit Designer creates exhibits, interiors, kiosks, etc. based on information provided by Account Managers and the
Client. They strive to create engaging designs that fit within budget constraints as well as fit the needs of the client. They
work with Project Management and Production to ensure a quality product is produced.
Senior Exhibit Designer
I have an immediate need for a Sr. Exhibit Designerfor an environmental design agency. nbsp; This is a full-time, direct-hire role in West Chicago, IL. The ideal Sr. Exhibit Designer comes from a tradeshow and event design background and is innovative and personable. Our Sr. Exhibit Designer will interface directly with new and existing clients to provide unique, custom, and eye-catching tradeshow exhibits and environments of all sizes. This position reports directly to the Creative Director and is interviewing immediately!
* Integrate system and custom elements into purchase and rental projects ranging from small inline exhibits to very large custom island exhibits.
Lead Discovery Meetings with Account Executives and their clients to define project requirements/vision and translate into creative 3D rendering concepts.
Strategize RFP Presentations; Design the Exhibit and the Presentation as well as present the design portion of the project to prospective clients
Assist the Creative Director with internal design department goals and objectives, including but not limited to designing within budgets, due dates amp; design requirements for each project.
Must Haves: * Minimum 4 years rsquo; experience working in Tradeshow/Event Design
Experience working with 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Products and the Adobe Creative Suite
Strong communicator with the ability to mentor and provide guidance and knowledge about design
Digital portfolio displaying over the top creativity
Exhibit, Interior, Industrial, or Architectural Design Degrees are preferred. Other Design, CAD or Engineering degrees will be considered. Interviews are being conducted immediately. nbsp; For consideration, please apply online. nbsp; You may also reach out directly to nbsp;
Req ID: 01300-0010180280 Functional Role: 3D Modeler
City:* WEST CHICAGO
Postal Code:* 60185-2673 Compensation: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 per year
* Exhibits, Adobe InDesign, CAD - Computer Aided Drafting or Design, Design Architecture, Graphic Design, Proposals - RFPs, Account Management, Project Management, Project Life Cycle Management, 3ds Max
Job Description Summary
The Exhibit Designer is a key member of the Exhibition Development team and is responsible for multiple aspects of the design of NG Exhibitions from concept to fabrication and installation. This position requires an organized, highly experienced and skilled individual to work with the development team in the planning, coordination, and implementation of exhibitions. The primary responsibilities will be to design exhibit layouts and architectural components, create presentation drawings and produce comprehensive construction drawings for fabrication, utilizing both 2D, 3D and animation applications. This position will serve as a liaison between design and production shops to ensure specifications and fabrication details reflect design intent. Must be a creative and collaborative thinker, able to produce on tight deadlines and well-versed in construction techniques and structural design software.
- Conceptual Design: Participates in exhibition planning meetings and does research to establish exhibit themes, brainstorm design ideas, and create exhibit concepts. Interprets exhibition content into 3D designs that work in concert with other exhibit elements to communicate thematic goals. Assists in the development of physical and media-based interactive components. Produces renderings and other materials for use in project visualizations and presentations. (15%)
- Detailing and Design: Produces design drawings (floor plans, demo/build plans, paint plans, dimension drawings, elevations, detail drawings, in-case artifact layouts, case lists and/or schedules) and shop-ready detailed construction drawings for in-house and traveling exhibitions. Supports construction bid packages with complete instructions for estimation and execution by outside vendors. Reviews shop-drawings as required. Generates specifications and cost estimates for exhibition components and materials. Advises on materials and finishes as part of the creative design team. Ensures all plans meet safety, accessibility, bid, and feasibility requirements. Collaborates with project team on the overall design needs and requirements. (35%)
- Traveling Exhibition Support: Supports the traveling exhibitions by creating manuals for NG shows with images and instructions for installation of all exhibition graphics, build components, and audio-visual equipment for venues. Provides layout support and advises on installations, truck packing and shipping specs, crating, lighting and other needed design services as needed. (25%)
- Installation: Supports Manager, Exhibitions Development and other staff on the installation and de-installation of exhibition build elements, AV equipment, and lighting. Coordinates placement of exhibit components. Assists with lighting hardware with the Senior Electronics Technician. (15%)
- Administration: Follows NG Museum design standards and guidelines and proposes ways to continue improving best practices. Work with Manager, Exhibition Development to establish estimates, detailed schedules, and budgets. Creates an accurate, organized, well-documented archive of work to be accessible to future users. Supports Manager of Museum Operations by providing inventory all exhibit physical assets, furniture and equipment. (10%)
Minimum Education Required
BA in Exhibition, Architectural, or Industrial Design or equivalent 3D design experience required.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
5 or more years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Candidate should be creative, flexible and able to work well with people. He or she should be experienced in the field, organized, diligent and capable of working under tight deadlines. Should be curious, enjoy learning new content, and committed to iterative processes. Proven experience with architectural CAD programs in an exhibitions environment, particularly VectorWorks, is a must. Working knowledge of construction techniques also required. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and the development of mechanical and digital interactive experiences a plus .
Vendors, subcontractors and temporary support staff as needed.
Responsibility percentages may vary depending on business needs.
National Geographic's headquarters is located in the heart of Washington, D.C. In addition to a unique and dynamic work environment, National Geographic offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental benefits, generous vacation and leave time, a 401(k) plan, and flexible work options. National Geographic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Senior Exhibit Designer
Senior Exhibit Designer The Trade Group is an award-winning provider of exhibit and trade show products and services. Our reputation is built on dedication to customer service, our passion for creativity and our innovation in the event industry.
We are seeking an Exhibit Design Intern in Dallas. Job Description The Sr. Designer is responsible for contributing to the conception and development of large scale exciting and unique exhibits, branded environments, and marketing events.
Key Responsibilities Thorough knowledge of the entire exhibit design process from graphic design, conceptual sketching to 3 dimensional renderings, specifying materials and working with production to maintain the integrity of the design. Ensure the quality and completeness of designs and deliverables within established deadlines. Collaborate with design, sales and engineering/estimating to deliver a compelling solutions that meets and exceeds the client s expectations Prepare the creative portion of sales presentation material; ensure the quality and completeness of designs and deliverables.
Possess the ability to work with the project teams and set objectives (2D and 3D Requirements Associates or Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 5 years design experience 3D design experience on large scale modular or custom exhibits and environments Cinema4D and/or Vectorworks (or extensive knowledge of similar 3D modeling program and willingness to convert to Cinema4D and Vectorworks applications) Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop MS office programs (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) or equivalent package Motion/After Effects or any additional animation, motion graphic or movie editing skills are a plus Excellent communication, creativity, and strategic thinking skills Ability to transform client information into effective design and create solutions for various project scenarios and work collectively with creative tea Ability to operate under time constraints, influence design and lead large projects and interface with clients and make presentations and translate client feedback Experience in creation of marketing/experiential event concepts and multimedia content a big plus. Please provide the link to your portfolio on your resume, thank you.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!