Expanding Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift (Doering A Wilson Tool Company)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Machine parts which have multiple features.
- Operate a variety of machine types or multiple non-complex machines at a time.
- Maintain an existing process which would include but not limited to: offset machine tools, change tooling as required, load material.
- Monitor machine performance to ensure that product quality and specifications are achieved.
- Inspect completed work independently using advanced measurement / inspection tools.
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Monitor SPC data / trends to ensure process control.
- Prepare future jobs while machines are manufacturing product.
- Ability to train new operators.
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, bench operations and inspect.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Must contribute to Doering’s culture of continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year manufacturing related experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
- Demonstrated success using technical math skills such as Algebra, Geometry in practical applications.
- Must have the ability to adjust programs and set up multiple styles of machines with proven processes.
- Mechanical aptitude / troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Employee must have ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Work performed in a manufacturing/machine shop environment.
- Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Prolonged standing.
- Regularly required to walk, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
We are looking for a skilled Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.Responsibilities
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures for Machine Operators
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Machine Operators must have strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Machine Operator will possess strong teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Packaging Machine Operator
The mission of Lazarus Naturals is to bring high quality and affordable hemp-based CBD products to market so anyone can afford the positive benefits it has to offer. We have a fun, fast-paced, and close-knit workplace environment and are looking for an energetic, organized, and positive Packaging Machine Operator to join our expanding team and help us further our mission.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a booming industry and a rapidly-growing company that makes CBD accessible to those who need it most. Our ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager and will be directly responsible for the following:
- Observing machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of packaged products.
- Monitoring the production line, to watch for packaging problems such as pile-ups, jams, sealing issues, or product defects.
- Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature, and adjust machine components according to the size of the product and raw material condition.
- Interfacing with electronic controls and touch-screen computers to start, stop and operate machines that package product.
- Stopping or resetting machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a lead or supervisor.
- Troubleshooting and documenting reoccurring issues such as: machine jams, defective product, or production line delays.
- Loading packaging materials such as film, cartons, glue, ink, or labels to spindles, conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices.
- Interfacing with QA Department to ensure defective products and packaging material are logged and corrected.
- Disassembling and reassembling equipment for sanitation, using basic tools.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of equipment to comply with food safety and quality standards.
- Inspecting and adjusting machinery and equipment, to identify worn rollers or bearings and report significant issues to a supervisor for maintenance.
- Counting and recording raw material usages and finished and rejected packaged items to calculate production efficiency and waste numbers.
- Adherence to all personnel, food safety, and safety policies.
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment or processes.
- Ability to analyze machine operations and propose solutions to problems.
- High mechanical aptitude is essential for this position.
- Ability to manage time effectively, plan and organize workspace.
- Ability to learn and apply company standards including, but not limited to, lock-out/tag-out, safety practices, SOPs, GMP, employee handbook, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing/food production environment preferred.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Employee Discount Program
Positions require standing, repetitive movement, bending and twisting, and using hands to handle objects; exposure to sustained noise levels; exposure to a variety of food allergens; exposure to hazards such as machinery, slippery floors, ladders and powered industrial vehicles. May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
Must be available for all shifts, nights, weekends, some holidays, occasional overtime, if necessary.
Finishing Machine Operator
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is currently seeking Finishing Operators, responsible for set up and operation of Finishing equipment (to include Cutters, Folders, Inserters and Inkjet) to customer-supplied specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Set up, adjust and operate inserting, cutting, folding and offline equipment.
Direct, motivate and develop crew working on the machine.
Act as technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work problems, and assist workers in solving work problems.
Understanding of all online labor management tools and Smartools.
Consult with Specialist about scheduled production. Plan the most efficient methods of completing work assignments.
Continually evaluate processes and methods, recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, utilization of people, and quality of product.
Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Instruct and monitor production employees' work practices and conformance with procedures.
Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
In this role, you will be required to maintain active communication with co-workers and Maintenance Technicians for quality and production related issues. When necessary, elevate these issues to management or the appropriate personnel. Maintain the shift logs and QC records for the assigned areas.
Individual must work and comply to safety working standards, practice and all environmental regulations. Must adhere to all company rules and policies.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - MACHINE OPERATOR
When assigned to the Operator position:
- $17/hour with a $.75/hour night shift differential
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product.
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Operates and starts- up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time;
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
Machine Operator - Holesaw Weld Operator
Perform duties involved in setting up and operating automatic blanking, heat treat forming and robotic tig welding of various size holesaws
Work from priorities provided, travelers, written or verbal instructions. Setup robotic and semi auto tig welders of various size. Load shell & cups onto robotic pallet or manually load into tig welder chuck. Start automatic cycle to weld. Visually inspect each saw for quality of weld. Adjust speed, length and position of stroke, seam current and cup current for proper heat. Position welding head and change tungsten tips as required using setting gauge according to established procedure. Rework or scrap any saw found to be out of spec
Check the quality of each holesaw for total roundness, weld height, weld penetration
Degrease cup when necessary working from travelers and record data according to established procedure.
Maintain equipment and work area in a neat and clean condition. Report any discrepancies, equipment malfunctions, defective material or other unusual situations to the Foreman.
Observe and obey all safety rules, regulations and practices and employ all safety equipment and devices.
Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands and changing priorities.
Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
1-2 years experience preferred
Use of numbers including decimals
Light physical effort required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, pulling 5 to 25 pounds
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Hours: (2) Sunday - Thurs 5a-5p (1) Tue-Sat 5a-5p (3) Mon-Fri 5p-5a
Coin Rm Machine Operator
It's the way we walk into a room. It's the confidence we have in our work. It's our motivation to perform at the highest level. It's Brink's Pride. You'll find it when you step into any of our 1,400 global locations. You'll find people who respect our 150+ year legacy and are passionate about the future. You'll find your team.
As a Coin Machine Room Operator, you'll support coin processing operations in one of our branch locations. You'll work with high degrees of professionalism and precision to ensure machines operate properly and assets are kept orderly.
Your Role as a Coin Machine Room Operator
In branch locations around the world, we're doing critical work that keeps modern commerce moving. We verify bank deposits, prepare shipments for local businesses and connect money from one place to the next. Members of our Coin Room team drive the production of our facilities, ensuring machines are operational and accuracy is maintained.
Additional responsibilities include:
Monitor all aspects of production, detecting and resolving malfunctions with necessary procedures to ensure maximum quality and efficiency
Monitor levels of coin bin at all times to maintain constant coin supply during production
Complete preventative maintenance requirements and properly troubleshoot malfunctions
Enter all verification activity into logs as processed
All other essential job functions
The Skills You Need
We're looking for professionals who fulfill the promise of our brand. A promise to uphold the integrity of our legacy and embrace our future. A promise to respect the trust we've earned and pay it forward with the work we do. Coin Machine Room Operators operate in an armed environment and are required to have six or more months of production experience.
Additional requirements include:
At least 21 years of age
A valid firearms permit OR ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
A valid guard card OR ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
Ability to lift at least 50 pounds as measured by Brink's Human Performance Evaluation
Ability to pass an audiogram evaluation
The Ideal Candidate
Are you cut from the Brink's cloth? We prefer candidates that have coin processing experience and light mechanical aptitude. Candidates with data entry experience will also be given preference.
A Career Worth Building
At Brink's, we value our team members. We invest in growth and opportunity by providing world-class training opportunities both locally and globally, such as Brink's University. We also believe in cross-training our team members in order to ensure diverse skillsets.
Other benefits of building your career at Brink's include:
Insurance, including health, dental and life
401(k) with company match
A strong, team-oriented culture
The strength and stability of our 150+ year history
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink's Proud.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify all qualified candidates of their status. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- THIS ROLE IS ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS AFTER 60 DAYS*
Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? A-Brite Plating gives you the opportunity to shine. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, A-Brite Plating is an industry pioneer in plating on plastics. A-Brite is a division of the Plasman Group which operates 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally.
Reporting to the Process Supervisor, the Machine Operator is responsible for:
Check scrap sheet hourly to assure machine is operating correctly. Check rectifiers continually for correct current and amperage.
Follow daily voltage settings. Constantly check parts from decorative chrome to see if any changes are to be made.
Take hourly temperatures of designated tanks with thermometer. Watch bath levels and adjust to correct fill.
Operate machine in a safe manner at all times and follow the safety measures set by the management of A-Brite.
Keep machine catwalks clear of any parts and check tanks for floating parts and handle accordingly.
Watch for lost parts and work with Line Leaders and Supervisors to correct.
Clear machine jam-ups in the safest way possible.
Must be available to work any shift and additional shifts as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
Must be able to meet the physical lifting requirements of this position -- lift 75-80 pounds occasionally or 25-40 pounds regularly, without assistance.
Knowledge and/or experience in plating or the chemical industry highly desired.
Basic math skills and basic computer skills required.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process or have any questions, please contact HR.
Machine Operator Production (Ft/Days/Seasonal)
Position operates one or multiple pieces of manufacturing equipment. This may include moving raw material handling to the production line, and/or filling, capping, sealing, labeling or packaging product. Removes damaged products or supplies, as needed. Position responsible for production, package, and flavor changeovers. Maintains required product inspection processes. Performs basic troubleshooting and minor repairs to ensure production equipment runs efficiently.
Position requires lifting, carrying, and pushing/pulling cases weighing 20-45 pounds per case repeatedly over a long work period. This position requires walking or standing most of the time during the shift and may include stooping, crawling and crouching over and under conveyors. Position may be required to work weekends and/or holidays.
Operate and monitor production line(s) to ensure efficiency
Remove or shift materials and/or finished products to facilitate proper flow
Ensure package and product quality
Perform preventative maintenance
Operate all manufacturing equipment (including new technologies) efficiently and safely
Clean equipment and area before, during, and after shift
Maintain clean work area through good housekeeping practices
Expedite repairs to line, working with maintenance as necessary
Keep daily records of down time and machine operations
Work well with others in a team-oriented atmosphere
Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
18 years or older
Pass the background check
Must submit to a drug screen
- Experience with high speed production lines (e.g., high output, high performance equipment, fast paced production environment, etc.)
- Experience with pallets (e.g., operating a forklift, stacking/bundling product, etc.)
- Experience operating a packing machine (e.g., stacking, bundling, and wrapping product, etc.)
- Experience operating a filler machine (e.g., ensuring right mix of product, operating production computer, etc.)
- Experience operating a palletizer (e.g., building pallets, managing product changeovers, etc.)
- Experience reading blueprints (e.g., read schematics on a machine, understanding production product flow, etc.)
- Experience reading schedules (e.g., products being produced, understanding production requirements, production planning, managing changeovers, etc.)
- Experience with computers in a manufacturing setting (e.g., electronic settings, line speed, pressures, basic troubleshooting, solving for faults/alarms and resetting equipment, etc.)
- Experience with sanitization (e.g., basic procedures/steps, GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES in a food plant, identifying risks)
- Experience with minor mechanical repairs (e.g., jams, using tools, making basic adjustments to equipment, etc.)
- Experience with preventative maintenance (e.g., inspecting and maintaining equipment, detecting and correcting issues before they occur, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Job Ref: 5000462121310
EA A Machine Operator Level 1
At Rockwell Automation, you will be joining an incredible team of talented individuals who strive for best in class. We have an opening in Twinsburg Ohio for a Machine Operator position. This position sets up and operates a variety of automatic or semi-automatic machines used in the production of the company's product. The Machine Operator works from process sheets or written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks and also checks and inspects operation against predetermined tolerances. This position is in a plant setting with a clean and controlled climate.
A - MTW and EO Thursday 4:30am-4:50pm
May perform one or more of the following:
Works with Surface Mount Technologies and other machining processes
Set up and operate multiple machines and work stations at once
Works with components and full PC board layouts for final product creation
Creates and applies labels onto PCBs (manually and/or automated)
Burns firmware programs into electronic components using programming machines
Prepares reels and feeders for use on surface mount technology (SMT) machines; counts materials and moves to production line
Sets up and operates optical inspection machine and performs visual classification and repair of rejected boards
Follows established procedures on routine work and standard operating procedures
Frequently interacts with peers and customers (typically internal) to exchange or present factual information
Operates plated through-hole (PTH) machine to install axial, radial and DIP electronic components onto PCBs
Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications
Perform other duties as needed
EOE, M/F/DISABLE, VET
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!