Expediter Job Description Sample
The RealReal is the country’s largest online luxury consignment marketplace. Founded in 2011, we are growing rapidly and have established ourselves as the leader in online consignment sales of designer fashion, handbags, fine jewelry & watches, and art. In addition to winning POSH and Fashpreneur Awards, The RealReal has been featured on The Today Show, USA Today, Fortune, Glamour, and Elle.
We are looking for a skilled Warehouse Expediter to join our photography team in our high volume fashion production studio.
- Pull product from the copy area and bring it into the photo studio to be distributed
- Help ensure product moves through the pipeline
- Assist with the movement of physical product through the studio
- Bring rejected items to consignor returns
- Steam clothing and scarves as needed
- Help with general studio upkeep and cleaning
- Support the photographers to reach quotas of 130-200+ items per day
- Work with the photo team to meet end of month deadlines (overtime often required)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Ensure product is handled to the highest quality standards
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Be able to frequently lift and/or move 50+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Proven ability to work quickly and effectively with very strong attention to detail
- Pro-active and able to show initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Works well with deadlines & metrics
- Contributes and works well within teams
- Must be punctual and available to work overtime as needed
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Experience in a warehouse or production setting is a plus
- Basic computer skills
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Hourly Rate: $15/hour
Build a career at The RealReal, a successful and continuously growing luxury fashion start up. We offer a full array of benefits – PTO, 401K, health insurance, shuttle from the nearby Bart station, non-retail hours, and much more!
Find us: www.therealreal.com
Follow us: twitter.com/TheRealReal1
Like us: facebook.com/TheRealRealPage
Follow us: pinterest.com/therealreal
Material Expediter II
We are looking for a skilled Material Expediter to facilitate the smooth completion of construction projects. You will ensure that every construction site or job has an adequate and timely flow of materials and equipment.
A material expediter must be a well-organized individual able to multitask. You should possess great communication skills and knowledge of basic purchasing and technical principles and ability to solve problems and knowledge of basic purchasing and technical principles.
The goal is to support the timely and cost-effective completion of construction projects.
- Correct product naming on MM Sheet
- Liaison for estimation team
- Data entry
- Defining how material is packaged/bundled/and shipped
- Gathered information for PM and Estimation teams
- Verify material ordered on PO to the Invoices
- Verify correct pricing on invoices
- Ensuring all materials, supplies and equipment received for project/s are processed in M.M. Sheets in a timely manner
- Data base management (red Flags)
- Keep accurate records
- Manage the orders of materials and equipment to meet project requirements
- Gather material warranty information
- Maintain good relations with suppliers and vendors
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and filing systems
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities
- Apt in problem-solving
- High school diploma is preferred
Order Expediter / Shipping Coordinator
Maintain flow of Sales Orders through packaging out the door
Run “Last Job – Last Receipt” report for each sales order & return for potential issues
Review all back-orders on a daily basis – packing as product becomes available
Coordinate with Quality Department for Department of Transportation orders
Coordinate with Purchasing, Production, Outside Processing, Assembly, Receiving, QC to confirm all product is available for shipments and hot lists for department created daily
Coordinate with Production on jobs needed for shipments
Update Sales Orders with status & notes
Provide consolidate pick sheets to improve puller / packers efficiency as needed
Backup shipping manager when needed.
Coordinates stock checks
Interact/communicate with other departments (sales, operations)
Pursue continuous learning & personal development
Attend daily shipping status meeting with supervisor
Live core values (Dedication, Respect, Initiative, Focus & Teamwork)
We are seeking an Expediter to join our team. While we are primarily seeking a full-time employee, we will consider a person for part-time employment
- Prepare, review and assemble filings with various NYC and NYS agencies for construction projects
- Meet with project examiners for construction approvals
- Maintain and execute assignments on a timely basis
- Maintain records of assigned projects
- Review and communicate status reports
- Serve as point of contact between company and clients
- travel throughout all 5 NYC boroughs required
- Previous experience in expediting preferred
- Must have NYC Department of Buildings Expediter License
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with various NYC and NYS government agencies
Primary responsibility for this position will be for supporting production operations so that ohters may maximize their time in value-adding work. Delivering, staging,and removing parts and supplies for production cells to enable a smotth production flow. Communicate issues with regard to concerns of properly meeting the established takt times
- Maintains workplace organization with regard to meeting material, parts and supplies
of production personnel.
- Coordinated the movement of materials to production in the right amount, at the right time,in the right place, and with the proper orientation.
- Uses efficient work porcesses and follows standard work in the performance of daily routine.
- Responsible for supplying assigned production areas with materials for manufacturing, as to not interrupt the production process, and handling documents necessary for inventory transaction.
- Responsible for assuring all the shop floor transactions on daily basis.
- Works as part of the manufacturing team to assist in meeting on time deliverys.
- Helps resolve inventory discrepancies and supports efficiencies in material movements
- Make process imporvemnet recommendations.
- Other duties may also be assigned
High school education
Requires experience and knowledge in electronic industry.
Works on jobs that are complex in nature. Good judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
Works under close supervision. Receives no instructions on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments.
Moderate physical effort required.
Computer Skills and good written/spoken communication skills; frequent analysis and occasional judgment and decision making effort.
Requires the use of a computer.
Requires frequent interaction with each department supervisor.
For more information, visit www.builtinthevalley.com or www.bestronicsinc.com.
Permit Runner/Permit Expediter
Must have a few experience in submitting permits and understand the process.
Must be knowledgeable of the Tri-County area and all the building Departments.
A clean driving record
Job Duties include:
Getting permit packages ready for submittal.
Checking plan review status
Submitting corrections and revisions
Getting inspections times and sometimes meeting inspectors onsite.
Must be able to multi task and solve problems and issues quickly.
Must be well spoken
Have reliable transportation to and from work
A working cell phone and smart phone.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone in the San Luis Obispo area looking for work in business/purchasing. This position is full time (the schedule is to be determined) and the pay will be decided upon your experience. If you are qualified, please apply ASAP!
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain open order list through expediting function
- Place orders: Phone calls, fax, data entry, tear-down/distribution of paperwork
- Provide suppliers with current drawing revision
- Process and coordinate subcontract processes
- Engage in problem solving with incoming orders
- Prepare and review requests for quotation
- Maintain frequent contact with suppliers to provide assistance and information
- Understand and apply company policies and procedures as they apply to purchasing
- Perform additional tasks as directed by lead
- Ability to work 80% unassisted
- Log labor information in ADC
Skills and Qualifications:
- Some business courses or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of blueprints/drawings
- Computer skills
- Typing 35-40wpm
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to multi-task and properly prioritize your tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Basic math skills
We as well as our client are equal opportunity employers, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Any offer of employment is contingent on receipt of a satisfactory background check, which will include a review of the applicant’s criminal history. No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for will be considered.
Supply Chain Expediter
For over 20 years, Quench has focused exclusively on providing businesses with the best drinking water. This commitment to doing one thing well has made us the trusted water authority for over 50% of the Fortune 500.
We offer filtered water coolers, ice machines, sparkling water dispensers, and coffee brewers to fit any workplace. We have a filtered drinking water solution that is right for you, no matter your industry: government, education, medical, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, and thousands of small businesses. Big or small, your filtered drinking water solution will be installed by one of our Quench-badged service technician. We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Expediter to join our team in King of Prussia.
The Supply Chain Expediter is the Supply Chain Department’s primary liaison with the Scheduling, Sales and Field Service teams in relation to the availability and movement of equipment, parts and consumables around the US to ensure customer satisfaction. Working with his/her counterparts in these other departments, the Supply Chain Expediter coordinates the allocation of inventory to sales orders and exercises judgment on fulfillment issues, such as how to handle backorders (make vs. buy vs. transfer) and when to escalate or modify planned shipments.
Replenishment coordination: Modify and upload shed replenishment orders.
General administration: Manage case queues for the Supply Chain department, ensuring prompt and professional resolution.
Skills and Other
Ability to collaborate and creatively solve logistic issues.
Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously in a results-driven, fast-moving environment.
Ability to use initiative and work pro-actively on different tasks.
Experience with salesforce.com is a plus.
Expediter - Supply Chain
Expeditor/Material Handler, will help to load and unload products from delivery trucks, be able to operate a sit down and stand-up reach forklift, stack/move product into its specified location efficiently and safely. Tasks must be completed timely while maintaining professional image and ensuring total customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate professional conduct and ethics according to company policy and procedure.
- Assist in maintaining required inventory levels, ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
- Load and unload delivery trucks for receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport while operating a forklift on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that vehicles are loaded and secured properly and accurately.
- Maintaining general warehouse duties.
- Verify part numbers, lot numbers, and quantities on a packing list are correct for packing shipments for UPS/FedEx.
- Monitor the stock/inventory in order to ensure on time delivery.
- Work in accordance with general safety rules and practices.
- Perform other job duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor/manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work under stress and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be alert, able to concentrate, and use good judgment.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending, reaching, pulling, and grasping.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver License
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a forklift certificate or demonstrated experience operating a forklift.
- Must have general job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Able to work autonomously with minimum supervision.
- Able to provide quality customer service for the purpose of maintaining an effective and efficient work environment.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and execute short and long-term goals.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to communicate in English.
Field Buyer / Material Expediter (Entry Level)
This is a long term- potential to be permanent Buyer position at a refinery in Paulsboro, NJ.
The ideal candidate will be a recent college graduate with a degree in construction or engineering field.
Candidate must have background experience in construction industry - preferably refinery or chemical plants.
This position will be 70% out in the field. Experience on site in a refinery/chemical or construction setting is preferred.
Strong computer skills are required.
MUST have SAP experience. (at least one year)
Responsibilities and Duties
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Negotiate commercial aspects of contracts of materials, services and bulk commodities for local or regional locations.
Placing orders for all material, services and bulk commodities.
Entering requisitions in SAP for all items to be purchased.
Substituting lower cost, safe, quality material, services, and bulk commodities.
Controlling purchase order budgets by contractor.
Reviewing proposals and selecting vendor to provide material, services, and bulk commodities.
Auditing contractors and subcontractors purchasing documentation.
Maintaining and updating off-site library repositories as required by agencies.
Assuring all change orders are properly documented and processed.
Material Management SAP Functionality.
Coordinates dis-positioning of surplus and salvage through investment recovery across multiple projects to reduce costs.
Standardize tools, equipment, and supplies as required across several projects to reduce cost.
Coordination of construction contractor materials and supplies.
Expediting material, services, and bulk commodities.
Support CPI initiatives and utilize Procurement Card Program.
Purchases volume of $1-$3 million.
Knowledge in multi-discipline vendor accounting and manufacturing industries with specific expertise in procurement and auditing.
Must be able to demonstrate good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access), Windows, SAP and Primavera.
Must be able to demonstrate good analytical and decision-making skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Minimum 1-4 years professional experience in procurement, material control, contract auditing in refining and/or petrochemical industry with demonstrated knowledge in all areas.
AS in technical area of specialization or business administration with knowledge of processes relating to purchasing and material management.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!